ASA - will be full cross platform... does that mean cheating will be everywhere?

Charlie12345

Having played ark on PC (lots of cheating), Xbox cross platform (lots of cheating due to PC cross play), I finally moved to PS5 the last year or so and found barely any cheating at all. This seems to be a common experience:

ASA is going to be full cross platform.  Does that mean cheating will be everywhere?   I spent years playing ark with hidden crates mysteriously being found... only to find out that PC gamers can download cheats to find all the crates.  Similar hidden crates on PS5 remained hidden for the entirety of my play on there. 

Is this the true death of ark?  I hope not 😞

Edited by Charlie12345

you should be more concerned about the clusterreptar different platforms all together will have on different patch deploy times... Even ASE with cross-play between Xbox and Microsoft Store never worked well... And they are both managed by Microsoft for deploy, but in 2 different ways!

Edited by darkradeon

Unless wildcard suddenly learned how to effectively stop cheating and exploiting, then yea, it will be everywhere. Will probably take a while for the proper cheats to get coded, but there are many people who made good money with creating/selling cheats on ase, and they will be ready to do the same for asa. Cheating has reached crazy extends on ase and not much has been done for years, so hopes are low. Especially since snail game employes and their friends enjoy using cheats themselves... 🫖

• Like 1

The recent Community Crunch stated multiple times that there will be "Console-Only" servers available, with emphasis on "NO PC" :)

I for one am all for that, since I can't stand the cheating that PC constantly brings to console games, but hopefully it won't bring too much "console wars" bullcrap lol. Still better though!

Edit: They also mentioned that they are adding extra and better methods to prevent cheating! I personally still don't trust PC regardless though.

Edited by Mike585x

On 9/30/2023 at 3:02 PM, MMaas said:

ASA is not going full crossplay as it seperates Steam from the rest, for reason of [] cheating [] patches.*

* : Check box of your choice.

They're only delaying the Steam integration at the beginning to allow for faster patching just after release when it's bound to be buggy. XBox, PS and W10 versions are crossplay from day 1 with steam joining before the end of the year.

7 hours ago, skeeta said:

They're only delaying the Steam integration at the beginning to allow for faster patching just after release when it's bound to be buggy. XBox, PS and W10 versions are crossplay from day 1 with steam joining before the end of the year.

Pitty the irony of my post was lost.
Think we've all red the same statement. The reason I tried to mock it is that if there is a difference for speed of patching now, later on with every new patch there would still be a discrepancy. If that is the reason it is just BS.
Also: Crossplay all the way from day 1 or never. Steam players would be in a bad position if they have to join maps that are already in full swing.

On 10/2/2023 at 9:37 AM, Charlie12345 said:

The trouble with xbox and ps5 consoles playing on the same servers (unless they are separated out?), is that PC players can access xbox from their PCs (microsoft option), so you get loads more cheating on xbox compared with ps5 (see link in my original post above)

You cannot access the xbox console-only servers from PC.  Only the Xbox/PC servers have this.   If you are talking about cloud play from PC, then yes you can access the Xbox console only servers, but that is because you are playing the xbox version from xbox hardware streamed to your PC. (you have nothing installed on your system and cheating capabilities is exactly equal to playing on Xbox and Playstation)

Edited by Hixbot

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Hixbot said:

You cannot access the xbox console-only servers from PC.  Only the Xbox/PC servers have this.   If you are talking about cloud play from PC, then yes you can access the Xbox console only servers, but that is because you are playing the xbox version from xbox hardware streamed to your PC. (you have nothing installed on your system and cheating capabilities is exactly equal to playing on Xbox and Playstation)

Pretty sure there won't be Xbox only servers.

There will be Xbox/PS only servers

There will also be Xbox/PS/PC servers, which later on will become Xbox/PS/PC/Steam servers.