Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

With the serious Mistake of removing pods we will have multiple people out taming Dodos and Dilos on day one to suck up as much tame cap as possible. If Wildcard wants to make this huge mistake again and force there majority official PVE players (working adults) to deal with no pods and Tame caps we have every intention of locking our server down as much as possible to the detriment to others.

When people start complaining that the servers are running like crap a few weeks in it will be for this reason mostly. Wild card is only leaving pods out to slow progression and for no other reason really. They prefer to cater to the groups of players that can stay online and stuff meat in Dinos for 14-16 hours a day or huge tribes and not to your average working adult.

Edited by Grissom
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Human Grade Tin Foil Hat

It keeps them there noglins from invadin muh brain with their psychic brain waves I swear! *cracks open another bud*

1 hour ago, Vaskur said:

If I leave the tinfoil hat at home, I´d say, that those bugs are way easier to handle an still are bugs, that are not intended. But sometimes those are kept as a feature. looking at you, rideabele Moschops.
while the gamebreaking Bugs and exploits... well... seems to be cruchial who benefits the most off these ones... but I´m just not in the right mood to put onb the tinfoil hat, to discuss that topic 😅

I mean I get it but with how frequently I see it happen and the speed at which those respective bugs are addressed just rankles me a bit. I’d rather the beneficial but harmless bugs be put on the back burner and all of that effort go to the big stuff first. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grissom said:

With the serious Mistake of removing pods we will have multiple people out taming Dodos and Dilos on day one to suck up as much tame cap as possible. If Wildcard wants to make this huge mistake again and force there majority official PVE players (working adults) to deal with no pods and Tame caps we have every intention of locking our server down as much as possible to the detriment to others.

When people start complaining that the servers are running like crap a few weeks in it will be for this reason mostly. Wild card is only leaving pods out to slow progression and for no other reason really. They prefer to cater to the groups of players that can stay online and stuff meat in Dinos for 14-16 hours a day or huge tribes and not to your average working adult.

oh come on... is this community already that spoiled?

You can´t literally do anything without all the fancy stuff that has been added since Extinction?

1 hour ago, Grissom said:

You play unofficial anyways your door is that way ---> you have no voice here. 

Pretty sure Vas as an individual that shelled out hard earned coin to buy the game has as much of a voice as you do. But hey, ride that high horse all you want, just be sure to put some pillows down so when you fall on your arse you don’t end up more butthurt than you already are.

15 hours ago, Vaskur said:

I´m pretty sure that´s not up to you to decide.
Your own fault, if you decide to play official pve

I'm sure someone like yourself is only happy about these changes because you have no plan to play the real game. Some modded Multiple X taming server with a Dino storage system.  So you care about the quality of official servers very little.  Offical is the only real game here. Modded servers other than Mods like Hunted that increase difficulty are made for players who cannot handle the base game. That's why I say you have no voice for people on official here.  Spoiled players who lean on mods to play.

When you breed from wild to top stat on official you have achieved something. When you do it on some pampered private cluster means nothing.  My hard work will be here years down the road. Your at the mercy of some private owner, his friends, girl friend and his bad mood. and nothing you tame, breed mean anything because its just saved on some random cluster where you have no access to anything outside of a handful of servers.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Grissom said:

I'm sure someone like yourself is only happy about these changes because you have no plan to play the real game. Some modded Multiple X taming server with a Dino storage system.  So you care about the quality of official servers very little.  Offical is the only real game here. Modded servers other than Mods like Hunted that increase difficulty are made for players who cannot handle the base game. That's why I say you have no voice for people on official here.  Spoiled players who lean on mods to play.

When you breed from wild to top stat on official you have achieved something. When you do it on some pampered private cluster means nothing.  My hard work will be here years down the road. Your at the mercy of some private owner, his friends, girl friend and his bad mood. and nothing you tame, breed mean anything because its just saved on some random cluster where you have no access to anything outside of a handful of servers.

Although I can agree with some of your arguments, your attitude stinks.
Official was only the framework of the real game, the rest is all what you make of it. And yes, I've run into a very toxic private server but also into a few very friendly servers.
Talking about spoiled players? May i say "Welcome to official Genesis, with striders, maywings and incubators"?
Talking about depending on the mood of a server owner and his (financial) partners? Welcome to WC customer service and ASE official servers!
Oh wait, they just pulled the plug...

Not all mods are to make the game more simple, some are just adding a different challenge. Not all private servers are 1000x fibercraft. Private servers are just running as long as the players motivate the owner. Or untill WC screws up another patch...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grissom said:

You really have no clue...
first of all, I´ve been playing official for way to long, back in the day, when true primitive servers were still a thing and WC didn´t even think of changing the 1x to it´s current definition or almost weekly evo events.
Had all the stuff with breeding, looking for max level tames and defending those against rivals, warfare, raids that lasted for days, being part of a alpha alliance etc. 
second, I can afford and maintain my own server, that I use to play with selected friends. 
and lastly.. mods... At some point you´ve seen everything, did everything. Mods are a way to add new challenges and content to a game that had nothing to offer anymore. And some, like Ark additions, are just great. 

but you don´t know all that stuff. you´re just trying to talk down my point of view and claim, I had no right to have a opinion. 
You´re clearly not the one to shut somebody up, you Muppet 😂

Edited by Vaskur
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grissom said:

My hard work will be here years down the road.

Really? Because your hard work went up in smoke last week. Or did you just forget everything you make is also subject to an entity outside of your control? That being a company with whom you can’t be an actual friend because a company isn’t something you build a true rapport with on the level you do with another human.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

All those bootlicker comments and WildCard sugarcoating the plug pull make me cringe :|

At least now on Single Player I have peace, space, mods and no decay times. As a solo PVE player I could use this retirement.

By the time I'm done with ASE a few years will have passed after the launch of ASA (not so sure about Ark 2) and there'll be much content online to check if either is worth purchasing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Really? Because your hard work went up in smoke last week. Or did you just forget everything you make is also subject to an entity outside of your control? That being a company with whom you can’t be an actual friend because a company isn’t something you build a true rapport with on the level you do with another human.

Like the Dozens of contacts i've made on the official Cluster over the years? The people who we have kept in contact with over the years so we can all come together at ASA launch and make sure we all gather on the same official so we can manage a server and not have to deal with problematic randoms.

I still have access to all my Dinos by the way can download that server file any time I want. If I was on some private cluster and it went down im SOL.  So no I don't see any benefit to playing on unofficial other than if I wanted to play a easier form of the game or a custom mod with a added feature or creature.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

26 minutes ago, Grissom said:

I still have access to all my Dinos by the way can download that server file any time I want. If I was on some private cluster and it went down im SOL.  So no I don't see any benefit to playing on unofficial other than if I wanted to play a easier form of the game or a custom mod with a added feature or creature.

And how about the way console players are treated? Their options on getting a hold on that server saves are better on unofficial than with WC.

Oh, wait... You are probably only speaking on behalve of the true gamers playing the true game...
same door for console players -------->?
Your attitude still stinks.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Grissom said:

Dozens of contacts i've made on the official Cluster over the years? The people who we have kept in contact with over the years so we can all come together at ASA launch

Unless those people are the game developers you’ve basically made a nonstatement. Let me break down what I said since you apparently missed the point: You aren’t free from someone else’s whims by playing official. The COMPANY also controls whether or not you play. Even more so than a private server owner in fact. Unlike a single individual who plays alongside you the developers and owners of the franchise are more concerned with running their business than they are your personal happiness, and trying to claim unofficial is somehow flawed for being subject to others whims is just silly. A server owner can kick you from a server or shut down that server. A company has the ability to stop you from playing anywhere with anyone else and shut it all down entirely if they deem it lucrative to do so. As they clearly demonstrated last week.

You also seem to have the weird idea that all unofficial servers are crazy boosted or even boosted at all. Some people just want a personal server. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:54 PM, Vaskur said:

oh come on... is this community already that spoiled?

You can´t literally do anything without all the fancy stuff that has been added since Extinction?

You seem to forget that this is the dinosaur game community, players here are entitled enough to make even the most arrogant of Karens blush.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2