Community Crunch 380: Community Creature Winner, LiveOps Update, and More!

StudioWildcard

6 minutes ago, OverRannus said:

I am writing this comment before I finish reading this comment, I am sorry about that.

There is only around a 20 creature difference between tameable  Carnivores and Herbivores. WC really just needs to buff up the herbivores that we have that feel they should be stronger than they really are. A lot of the Herbivores are lower tier than the Carnivores we have in the game. I am glad we are getting more herbivores in ASA because it has Been a little while since we got one. But the Argument of Ark having too many carnivores and not having nearly enough herbivores is just not true. It’s that most of the Carnivores are very much higher tier and are just more used than herbivores.

Its fine. I don't mind. I kinda text walled there without realizing it. Easy to do when you'reon a phone. I do also realize herbivores are usually weaker or less suited for the various aspects of combat except maybe health, and even that usually niche. The saddest example is the Anky, who is famously known for being a hazard of a meal and likely breaking many carnivores bones irl but in Ark they have little Armor value and are one of the easiest kills and snacks for both dinosaurs and humans. On the note of herbivores not getting enough to fight back they should let the Anky break some ankles.

• Like 2

Yet again my least favorite that I had zero interest in has won. And again it's one that was too pvp-oriented and "the next massive OP thing". Alas. But at least this is the second "first on the forum, first in the ranked" winner so maybe whatever work they're doing to crack down on bogus votes that may have been skewing previous results is working! 

And while I never wanted the carchar and thought it was both nice of WC to give it to people and also just catering to pvp crowds pitching fits, I feel there are several other animals that would benefit from being awarded wins to be placed into the game. It doesn't have to be Ascended, but at this point the Maevia, the gorgonopsid, and the bison truly deserve to show up in at least Ark 2 given to the community. These animals have repeatedly gotten into the top 10 when they've appeared and have immense followings. I know the spider isn't everyone's cup of tea but neither was the carchar, obviously because it didn't win either of its votes. So for those that are begging for the spider and the gorgon and the bison over and over, why can't we have our desperately-wanted-winners too? I truly would hope that we get some of these repeat-top-10s in Ark 2 if they aren't given to us for Ascended. There's a big reason they keep getting to the top. 

So, while I am disappointed and completely disinterested in the dreadnoguhtus and will never bother to tame it, I'm glad that the thylasmilius got near the top as it had new and far.more interesting battle mechanics introduced and I'm glad that the votes are reflecting the forum ranks a little closer...even when I don't like the #1 at all. 

On to the next, I suppose! 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Frack said:

looks like we will have to have farewell parties Fri night instead of Sat..

image.png.8b4df87bbd13130ca3d5a331842716c9.png

Funny, they say midnight (24:00) but their calculator is using early morning (00:00). When using UTC, the 24hr is to be used. They should have sticked to their usual hillbilly potato time.

Good catch by the way!

Edited by MMaas
  • Thanks 1

Nice guys we got a new saropod full pvp, more powerfull of giga,carcha and others dinos and trash in pve, what its next? new dodo? oh one dino more powerfull of dreadnotus its the next right? if we got carcha to fight with giga why not another full pvp dino to fight with it?

Edited by SamuraiGamer
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Luux said:

Its fine. I don't mind. I kinda text walled there without realizing it. Easy to do when you'reon a phone. I do also realize herbivores are usually weaker or less suited for the various aspects of combat except maybe health, and even that usually niche. The saddest example is the Anky, who is famously known for being a hazard of a meal and likely breaking many carnivores bones irl but in Ark they have little Armor value and are one of the easiest kills and snacks for both dinosaurs and humans. On the note of herbivores not getting enough to fight back they should let the Anky break some ankles.

Agreed, creatures like the Anky should be given DMG buffs and armor buffs as the Anky irl was a living tank, same with the Doedic. The Brontosaurus and Diplo should have stomping abilities and the Diplo should get a tail whip that can do bleed as its tail was believed at one time to be able to crack like a whip and be an extremely dangerous weapon. The Trike should be able to go against a Rex in a 1v1 and have a chance to win if if they are both around the same levels to one another. The Protocoprodon should not passive flee and should have a higher DMG output as it is a Giant Kangaroo. I don’t think all the Herbivores should get TLCs or Buffs, but I do think like 10 or 15 creatures should get these just to make herbivores more powerful and used more often.

Edited by OverRannus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GatorGamer869 said:

Tatsächlich wurde uns mitgeteilt, dass es keine Vorbestellungen für ASA geben wird und dass es Ende Oktober erscheinen wird. Was die Veröffentlichung des Spiels auf PC und Konsole angeht, denke ich, dass nach all dem Hype um Konsolen-Mods und andere Ergänzungen zu Konsole Ark viele Fans verärgert wären, wenn sie es nur auf PC veröffentlichen würden. Maximal könnte es sein, dass sie es etwa eine Woche vor der Konsole auf dem PC veröffentlichen.

Es ist crossplay Games,da müssen alle gleich PC und Konsole geliefert werden

3 hours ago, xackbelle said:

It's funny to me seeing the spider lose and yet people still demand it get added to the game. It lost. Accept it. Move on. Suggest a new spider with a better concept and maybe it'll win for once. You don't hear this much begging from fans of gorgonops and yet that dino also makes it into the top 10 votes regularly. We get it, you like spiders. Pay someone to make a mod of one if you're determined to have it in the game.

Nah, I will not give up on maevia or any future bugs, but good idea about mods

Edited by Hellix
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrkunio said:

Wildcard

May i suggest you remove the Ark News section from the Ark start screen on playstation when you release ASA. As it is completely pointless on ASE as you haven't bothered to put a note to inform players the servers are closing down. I consider it, very important news considering the time and effort to tame, build bases etc and it's all going to disappear.  

From my experience of playing ASE you see elements that truly are with the very best in the gaming industry. Then there are many elements that are the worst, that fall well below what is deemed 'industry standard'. 

Please try and sort out the many things that are below industry standard when you release ASA, if not for the community then do it for the many talented staff in your company. As it tarnishes the great work they do and quite frankly makes your company look amateurish.   

Its the same on EVERY platform ase is released on ... gotta make the £££ right to the bitter end :( lol

Another week with ZERO asa content / info either no specs no 'solid' release date nada .... 

Yay to another dino winning another vote .... now we all just got to wait till the map is re-released and the dino is added ... because like i have said before concept art is 'subject to change'  just like WC's dates ..... :P 

• Like 4

game is completely shutting down and not even a screen shot yet lmao every single game that has ever came out already had trailers and gameplay footage already, but this company is just next level pathetic. I'm assuming most of them are just walking around sniffing glue and eating crayons at this point. probably hard to see out of their helmets with all that drool and fog collecting on their face shield.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SpacePjoes said:

Nah, definitely a minority, since it was 2nd, 3rd and 2nd, if you weren't it would've been last ;). I still think you should have your opinion, but barring extra content with no loss for you is kinda weird.

They are probably just envious the spider made it to more top 10 votes than any of their ideas combined.  Plus they are getting ratioed currently in reactions. 

Edited by crediblehulk85
  • Like 1

Really wild card and snail games. No game play at all still even in the last week of you closing down the console servers no confirmations no guarantees nothing. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. What are we going to do for people who cannot afford then that trial servers you need to make more of a clarification. Instead of just saying oh it's going to be snapshots. Give us gameplay give us real pictures instead of just drawings.  Expect people to buy a game they haven't even seen much of really!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Cyberra said:

OPEN OBELISKS AND TRANSMITTERS, LET US UPLOAD ITEMS AND DINOS TO LOCAL MEMORY! Not everyone can afford to rent servers or has the right brain to figure out spawn commands longer than the king titan. At least let us save something even if we can't get the whole map save

I will soon provide you with a guide, while I am collecting material for you to make the gameplay on SP much more convenient. How and indicates various problems and errors.

4 hours ago, Frack said:

looks like we will have to have farewell parties Fri night instead of Sat..

image.png.8b4df87bbd13130ca3d5a331842716c9.png

It's time for them to end xD these servers.  At least they put a bit of effort into it xd

"It's been a wonderful journey none of us could have expected way back in 2015
and we'll see you just around the corner in ARK: Survival Ascended!"

Oh yes, those were great times, I met many amazing players, I enjoyed playing with them.  Unfortunately, you are taking away this pleasure from us, and for this reason we will not see each other at ASA.  No more of your games!

• Like 3

I mucked up the quote, this was a response to jmc1975's post on page 3

Nitrado only mentioned that it has to be out on PC by end of October.. nothing was mentioned at all about console when nitrado bailed out snail games when they lent them just over 4 million dollars which just over 1 million was for what snail games owed nitrado for the cost of there server's.

I read the contract and don't believe it to be a bail out as many seem to paint it out to be. It, to me, is a simple exclusivity contract that appears to have been made to offset or defer the official server expenses for the months of March through September which is why there is such a hard date on officials ending and not being floated till ASA's release. The 'loan' has very strict details on what the money cannot be used for and it is not a lumpsum pay-out.

It is not surprising the companies involved are looking to spread out expenses a bit, 1 million+ a month for the official server network is expensive! Remastering ASE is expensive! With the announcement of ASA I am sure the income generated from sales of ASE dwindled quickly with no merchandise shop or rubbish monetization scams income generation right now is very low.

Just to add a HUGE THANK YOU to Studio Wildcard for not going down  the horrible monetization rabbit hole, I have nothing but respect to you for that! BUT, honestly I would LOVE to see a merch shop for yourselves and ARK. Oh and a re-release of that collectors edition would be sweet too hehe. ❤️

Edited by Wildeheart
added the quote
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4