Community Crunch 363: Rhyniognatha Teaser, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

PSA:

For everyone out there struggling with constant crashing every time you log off on single player and non-dedicated, resulting in lost progress, use the "saveworld" console command before you log off.  I wish I knew about this months ago!

Now if only I could adjust the tether range on non-dedicated I'd be a happy camper.

1 hour ago, RADAR4077 said:

PSA:

For everyone out there struggling with constant crashing every time you log off on single player and non-dedicated, resulting in lost progress, use the "saveworld" console command before you log off.  I wish I knew about this months ago!

Now if only I could adjust the tether range on non-dedicated I'd be a happy camper.

if you have an extra ps4 use it as a server and the radius problem will go away.  You don't have much of a choice right now.  You can also rent a server.  But whether they will continue to host ASE is unknown.

To Crunch 363:

-What's the point of adding a new dino to the ASE?  I see no logic here.  Unless it's another candy to encourage you to buy this product in the modernized version as ASA.

-Wherever you look at console, any official, unofficial or unofficial PC host, you can tell statistically you rarely see more than 5 players, generally ZERO shines everywhere.  You only come in to reset the times, not to play.  Because why play when you delete it all!

-Tell the console players how are you going to solve the problem with saving the server file in single player?  If the console does not offer to load external game saves, unless they are in photo or video format, because only this can be downloaded from a USB stick.

-Don't you think there are a lot of doubts about saving files for console, the functioning of such a process for a normal console user?  Many doubts about your ARK2 are still growing, we know next to nothing about ASA except for the graphical concepts that may differ from the original anyway.

-Do you think that the lack of your statement or answer to our questions is a good direction to promote ASA, ARK2?.  Anyway, you never communicated with the players about fixes, updates walnoles crunch xx.xx number and that's it!  It's like the classified ads that appear every week in some newspaper xD

-I also play a game where on the forum I have not encountered a lack of response regarding the error and the steps taken to fix it.  You're far from it.  You know about bugs in ASE and yet they have not been fixed so far.  And they are unlikely to be repaired.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 12:23 PM, Mihcail said:

The most important thing in this comment WHY IN THE WORLD you merge yourself with snailgames, for god sake do yourselfs a favor and unmerge with snailgames, you know you can do it.
You need funds to continue ark or whatever reason contact others biggest studios or companies like Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, EA, Konami, Capcom, Sega, Nintendo and etc, even the USA goverment, i’m sure they can provide more help then snailgames.

They aren't merged, they are owned. And they can't just decide to not be owned anymore. As for the reason why it ever happened? Financial problems due to a lawsuit, as one of the developers broke a no-compete clause.

22 hours ago, Rhaya said:

What do you mean by this? Will our current characters transfer to ASA?

I think they said when the ASE servers shutdown they will save your character to use in ASE non official server.

if they manage to transfer our characters to ASA will be major advantage to old players vs new player don’t you think? If they will wipe the servers and put a new set of official servers to play in ASA, wiping servers will clean everything on it, in case of your character is in cloud will also be wiped i think, but i could be wrong.

they said that the UE 4 is incompatible with UE 5 so i don’t think they will do that.

Edited by Mihcail

6 hours ago, soepie7 said:

They aren't merged, they are owned. And they can't just decide to not be owned anymore. As for the reason why it ever happened? Financial problems due to a lawsuit, as one of the developers broke a no-compete clause.

I saw this information in wiki so that what i said. And they can resign with them if they want, they just need to prove it that company is doing something wrong. Difficult but not impossible!

Edited by Mihcail

14 minutes ago, Mihcail said:

I think they said when the ASE servers shutdown they will save your character to use in ASE non official server.

if they manage to transfer our characters to ASA will be major advantage to old players vs new player don’t you think? If they will wipe the servers and put a new set of official servers to play in ASA, wiping servers will clean everything on it, in case of your character is in cloud will also be wiped i think, but i could be wrong.

they said that the UE 4 is incompatible with UE 5 so i don’t think they will do that.

There already is a a huge advantage to old players vs new players in ASE currently. What would be the difference? The difference would be no massive bases, no top stat dinos, and no slaughtering of new players because they haven't had the time to build up. Everyone would have to start over with everything except levels and tek unlocks.

Also, there is an advantage for old players in ASA as us old players know all the spots on the maps, how to power level characters, how to mass breed dinos quickly, how to get artifacts and tributes easily, and how to defeat bosses easily. ASA will be a race to the top depending on who has what knowledge and how well that knowledge is used. Knowledge, in itself, is a huge advantage, especially in pvp.

Still no comment on what happened on conquest??? This is ridiculous, as of me writing this it has been 20 days. We need answers, we will not buy ASA without some sort of corrective action. Give us something, anything. No comment just turns the community's hate for snail games toward you WC, why would you want that? At this point we have no other options than to do just that, multiple community crunches, nothing on the issues people want to hear about that. All we can do is assume you are part of the problem as well. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You want something that's been buggy and broken for almost a decade added to ASA? 

image.jpeg

I'm hoping, and it is a BIG stretch, that they can fix the issues with prim+, but you're probably right. If they could fix the issues by merging it withe the slightly less buggy vanilla, it would add some cool features. 

On 5/27/2023 at 1:15 AM, Luizza said:

- they couldn't before extinction, now they can, as a 'dlc improvement' I'd say that was a big one, and not part of the vanilla experience they seem to want us to relive.

We know nothing about ASA, we can only go on what they've said.

EDIT: & a base big enough to house egg wyverns is a world away from the base size you can get away with for 8 or 9 deinos on a ledge (remember deino eggs are persistent, you need far less of them for the same amount of eggs actually collected)

pretty much this. Also the number one and two ways to get wyvern eggs are ALSO behind dlc: owls and gryphions. Yes there's traps, but we're getting "enhanced ai". the old methods of catching anything may be bunk because a ten-ton wyvern might now realize that it should land and walk out of a trap.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, hbomb1972 said:

I'm hoping, and it is a BIG stretch, that they can fix the issues with prim+, but you're probably right. If they could fix the issues by merging it withe the slightly less buggy vanilla, it would add some cool features. 

I'd love it if they did. I'm not holding my breath though.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:27 PM, BruisingPikmin said:

No, *the Switch platform is an exception*, because they aren't getting ASA, obviously. You can't honestly tell me you expect Switch to get ASA, right?

Are Ark players really this daft?

Good point, didn't really think of that. Don't you think that's a bit rude, though? Thanks for the clarification either way.

I'm glad at least some people get to keep their years of progress, I know a couple people I used to play with on switch official PVE who worked their asses off building up their base.

Edited by Vesdied

On 5/27/2023 at 3:42 AM, acat said:

A rex-carrying mosquito… really? Is there an internal competition going on at wildcard about who can come up with the most stupid creature design? (I know it was fan-voted but its on the devs to decide how to implement it after all)

I miss the good old times when balance and reason were still relevant.

Really? When I can throw down 40 sleeping Brontos in front of someone’s base with cryopods and you are worried about balance?

We are 3-4 years past the point of no return.

Manas are more of a balance issue than this could ever be. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kranked said:

Still no comment on what happened on conquest??? This is ridiculous, as of me writing this it has been 20 days. We need answers, we will not buy ASA without some sort of corrective action. Give us something, anything. No comment just turns the community's hate for snail games toward you WC, why would you want that? At this point we have no other options than to do just that, multiple community crunches, nothing on the issues people want to hear about that. All we can do is assume you are part of the problem as well. 

Il be buying it 😂 

9 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

Really? When I can throw down 40 sleeping Brontos in front of someone’s base with cryopods and you are worried about balance?

We are 3-4 years past the point of no return.

Manas are more of a balance issue than this could ever be. 

Agreed

Honestly at this point they've added many things that are more of the fantasy side of things rather than historic, so I don't think it really matters much what they do now as long as its useful and works well with the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, DarkDraken17 said:

Agreed

Honestly at this point they've added many things that are more of the fantasy side of things rather than historic, so I don't think it really matters much what they do now as long as its useful and works well with the game.

You only need the graphics for the game?  Not an important engine, and nothing else?

• Haha 1

Let me give you some important information DE version:

Source of information:

"verbraucherzentrale-bayern.de"

"Welche Rechte haben Verbraucher bei einem Mangel, der an digitalen Gütern auftritt?
Ein Mangel liegt immer dann vor, wenn ein Produkt nicht die Beschaffenheit aufweist, die vereinbart wurde. Oder wenn es sich nicht für die gewöhnliche Verwendung eignet. Auch digitale Güter können somit mangelhaft sein. Bestand dieser Mangel schon bei Übergabe, stehen dem Verbraucher sogenannte Gewährleistungsrechte zu. Das Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz vertritt unabhängig von einer konkreten gesetzlichen Regelung auch jetzt schon die Rechtsansicht, dass Gewährleistungsrechte bestehen. Verkäufer sind demnach verpflichtet, Mängel an digitalen Gütern zu beseitigen beziehungsweise dem Käufer einwandfreie Dateien zur Verfügung zu stellen. Tut er dies nicht, so hat der Käufer das Recht, den Kaufpreis zu mindern oder vom Kaufvertrag zurückzutreten"

Source of information:

"EVZ.de" (Das Europäische Verbraucherzentrum (EVZ) Deutschland berät in allen Fragen rund um den Verbraucherschutz innerhalb der EU. )

EN: (The European Consumer Center (EVZ) Germany advises on all questions relating to consumer protection within the EU.  )

"Was versteht man unter der Aktualisierungs- bzw. Updatepflicht?
Eine besondere Neuerung liegt in der Verpflichtung der Verkäuferin oder des Verkäufers zur Aktualisierung digitaler Produkte. Danach ist die Verkäuferin bzw. der Verkäufer verpflichtet, Aktualisierungen bereitzustellen, damit die digitalen Produkte durch regelmäßige Updates funktionsfähig bleiben und Sicherheitslücken geschlossen werden."

Next,

"Eine weitere Neuregelung für digitale Produkte besteht darin, dass sich die Gewährleistung auf den kompletten Zeitraum erstreckt, während dessen die Aktualisierung erfolgen muss. Das Unterlassen oder die fehlerhafte Aktualisierung ist ein Sachmangel. Sie können daher vom Verkäufer verlangen, dass er Ihnen das Update zeitnah zur Verfügung stellt. Sollte der Verkäufer dies nicht tun, können Sie die Erstattung des Kaufpreises abzüglich einer Nutzungsentschädigung verlangen"

I'm not explaining it to avoid uncertainty if Goglebytes will handle it well.  Unfortunately, English is not my strong point to translate it into English.  And we are bound by laws like the above....... In short, I will say that ASE has a critical bug and is classified as a digital product with a flaw.  Which should be removed in the update.  "But it's free of charge" 

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, GameChangerGames said:

Anyone know how we submit content for the Community Corner please?

Unfortunately there is no specific way to do it, pretty much it is luck of the draw (which is why you see so many of the same names constantly appearing).

The ways i'm aware of to get your content viewed by The Community Devs are:

• Posting your content on this forum, in either the Gallery, or Creative Chat, depending on the type of content it is.
  • Posting your content in the official ARK Discord in the 'Fan Arts & Screenshots' channel (they don't allow Videos)
  • Posting your content on Twitter and tagging the likes of Cedric and Svala and hope that they ever get the chance of seeing your Tweet.

Besides that I don't think there are other ways really of doing it. I've posted multiple screenshot images in the Discord and on Twitter in the past and never get in the Crunch, so lower your expectations quite a bit.

But good luck, I hope to see you in there one day.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Unfortunately there is no specific way to do it, pretty much it is luck of the draw (which is why you see so many of the same names constantly appearing).

The ways i'm aware of to get your content viewed by The Community Devs are:

• Posting your content on this forum, in either the Gallery, or Creative Chat, depending on the type of content it is.
  • Posting your content in the official ARK Discord in the 'Fan Arts & Screenshots' channel (they don't allow Videos)
  • Posting your content on Twitter and tagging the likes of Cedric and Svala and hope that they ever get the chance of seeing your Tweet.

Besides that I don't think there are other ways really of doing it. I've posted multiple screenshot images in the Discord and on Twitter in the past and never get in the Crunch, so lower your expectations quite a bit.

But good luck, I hope to see you in there one day.

Thank you so much for replying and thank you for the information.

Likewise hope to see yourself in the someday too!