Wyverns! (How to get Best Eggs)

Nka19

Hey ARK masters, I'd like everyone to post all good tips they got on getting best Wyvern eggs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My current issue is:
I have 190 wyvern flying around, I've built many traps, I even LOCKED him inside his nest with behemoth gates, but as soon as I fly away he gets out of any structured trap.
I tried building beds in nerby nest and porting away and back, that worked he stayed inside the nest with behemoth gates, but for whatever reason he never spawns any egg in a nest.
I removed all structures now as I heard they block spawns, and there was a nerby wild low level wyvern that kept spawning same egg over and over but I have no luck with 190 spawning anything, it's so frustrating. Specially when you try to lure 190 at the nests and he doesn't even follow you cause he's stuck on killing million of wild dinos totally ignoring you... (I'm on Valguero). Not to mention once you get him at nests he's so easy to fly out of them or follow you back outside when you run away. (or at worse... randomly despawn?!)

My plan was this:

-Keep killing all low levels until high lvl spawns

-If no egg in a nest naturally and wyvern has good stats (I check them with spyglass mod), I want to lure them to nests to spawn one (but this is a PAIN)

So can someone share their best strategies on how to get 190 eggs of an already spawned 190 wild Wyvern?

The wyverns dont lay eggs in the nests, the nests spawn with and egg in them. It's pretty much the same for anything you want to tame (or collect eggs).

1. You need to collect all the eggs you find and kill all the wyverns, eat the eggs you dont want, dont drop them!
  2. Now leave render, make sure you are a good distance away, then return and look again.
  3. If nothing is there, leave render again and give it a few mins.

This is how the game works, so lets say you was looking to tame a rex, you do the same thing, kill all, leave render, return.

With wyvern, i find that if you find a high level flying about, its egg of the same level will be nearby if not collected, this may not be a proven science but seems to be the case for me. Don't build in a nest location, foundations block spawns so nothing will ever spawn there.

5 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

The wyverns dont lay eggs in the nests, the nests spawn with and egg in them. It's pretty much the same for anything you want to tame (or collect eggs).

1. You need to collect all the eggs you find and kill all the wyverns, eat the eggs you dont want, dont drop them!
  2. Now leave render, make sure you are a good distance away, then return and look again.
  3. If nothing is there, leave render again and give it a few mins.

This is how the game works, so lets say you was looking to tame a rex, you do the same thing, kill all, leave render, return.

With wyvern, i find that if you find a high level flying about, its egg of the same level will be nearby if not collected, this may not be a proven science but seems to be the case for me. Don't build in a nest location, foundations block spawns so nothing will ever spawn there.

I know, I'm a veteran, with 8k hours in ARK. As "nests" i meant area where they spawn. But not sure you understood what I was trying to say.

Lets say Drakes for example, i lure drake in a nest and leave and come back and sometimes new wild one spawns there and sometimes it's the egg of the drake i lured near there. I want to do same with wyverns.

I dont want to gamble for eggs. Yes I kill all, until amazing Wyvern spawns with super high stats (that's the only gamble I want to do) but there's a chance of NO egg, which is mostly in all my cases and it's pissing me off. So I have to make them spawn it if i'm not lucky for it to come naturally. That's what I'm asking here if that's even possible, do wild ones spawn eggs like drakes does after spawn or not as i have no luck so far, but i DID see random low level wyvern spawning egg in same place over and over every time i left render.

I've read many say "kill low level ones, keep high lvl ones around" that's also blat annoying, as when you attack lower or pick an egg all of them will attack you including high lvl ones and you can accidently kill them if you're not careful, that's why i prefer to kill all expect the one i want egg off, lure it to nest, go away and get the egg, then kill it and grind for new one!

I want to bulld super wyverns, for that i need to grind until high lvl spawns with high specific stat which i will collect to breed all together later.

This takes hours and hours and i need fastest solutions of all the masters of ARK.

8 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Honestly? I feel there's not much strategy involved. It's like @Yggdrassil said. Grab all the eggs, eat the ones you don't want, unrender, and rinse and repeat.

Yah i worry of that, I have one good 190 wyvern flying around that I dont want to lose, so before I kill him and do this only and pray for luck, i want to know if there's a way to get it's egg or not, maybe someone figured out something I didn't manage yet that might actually work.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, Nka19 said:

I have 190 wyvern flying around, I've built many traps, I even LOCKED him inside his nest with behemoth gates, but as soon as I fly away he gets out of any structured trap.

You can't ever permanently trap a (fast) moving creature in a player made structure, when you leave render range and come back they will almost always glitch out of the building/pen/trap. This is because ARK renders in the animals before it renders in the structures, which means the dino is already moving before the walls/gates/etc. get rendered in.

If an animal is just sitting still when you get into render range, or if it's a slow mover like an anky, it will stay in the trap as it renders in, but if the creature is moving they will quite often move before the structures can render in. The bigger and faster moving that the animal is the more this is true.

I tried building beds in nerby nest and porting away and back, that worked he stayed inside the nest with behemoth gates, but for whatever reason he never spawns any egg in a nest.

[ Edit - my assessment of the mechanics of egg spawns given here is incorrect. Before you reply scroll down to the response by invincibleqc where he gives the right answers ]

Just because the wyvern landed on a nest doesn't mean that it's the wyvern that belongs to that nest. The nests own the wyverns, the wyverns don't own the nest. You've probably noticed that at any given moment in time there are more wyverns than there are nests, which means that some of the wyverns you see in the area will never have an egg. There are also more nests than there are eggs at any given moment, each map/zone has a max on the number of eggs that will spawn in nests an it won't spawn new ones until old ones are gone.

The game pretty much works like this:

1 ) Server "decides" that it's ready to spawn a new egg

2 ) Server picks an empty nest, it randomly rolls for the level of the egg, then it spawns in the egg and spawns in a wyvern with matching level nearby. The wyvern will not necessarily be in the nest. I've watched this in my private server using god mode and invisible, and quite often the wyvern will spawn into the air, already flying.

3 ) Any other wyverns that are in the area have nothing to to with the nest. They can fly past it, land in it, fight you near it, but none of that matters. There is only one wyvern that is connected to that nest no matter how many others are in the area.

4 ) If you kill the wyvern connected with that nest (or if you kite it away to a large distance causing it to despawn) the egg will still stay there for a long time. I don't know what that exact time is but I've personally picked them up from a nest at least 2 hours after the wyvern was dead/gone.

5 ) Eggs also have a buggy problem that they will sometimes seem to stay in the nest for a long, long time, until a player tries to pick them up, at which point the egg disappears rather than going into your inventory. I call these "ghost eggs", I'm not sure if they have a more common name among other players. I've personally had multiple occasions where I picked up three ghost eggs in a row, all of different levels, from the same nest, as if they were stacked inside of each other, only to walk away empty handed, none of them were real.

This makes it even more difficult to know how long a usable egg will stay in a nest because so many of them are actually ghost eggs.

6 ) Eventually one of two things will happen - a player will come along and pick up the egg or it will despawn at some time after the wyvern is gone.

7 ) if a player picks up an egg and manages to escape without killing the wyvern or kiting it too far from the nest, the server will often/usually replace the old egg with a new one of the same level - but not always, sometimes the nest just sits there useless. On our server we've had nests that stayed empty for days until eventually we kited the wyvern far enough away force it to despawn, and then the nest would get a new egg/wyvern. On the other hand, we've had nests that gave us multiple eggs of the same level (and the exact same colors) because we were able to keep the "parent" wyvern in the area by making sure we didn't kite it too far away. So maybe you'll get multiple eggs from the same nest+wyvern, maybe not, you just have to try it.

8 ) Any time that the egg + wyvern have both been looted/killed/despawned/picked up, the server picks a new nest to spawn a new egg + wyvern (sometimes it's the same nest, but usually it's a different one) and the process starts over.

I removed all structures now as I heard they block spawns

Pillars block animal spawns. Foundations block both animals and resources. I don't remember whether fence foundations block anything by themselves or only if they have other structures attached to them. You can learn more about this specific game mechanic on the wiki if you want more detailed information. 

but for whatever reason he never spawns any egg in a nest.

My guess would be that this is not the wyvern connected with that nest, there will probably never be an egg associated with that wyvern.

-Keep killing all low levels until high lvl spawns

-If no egg in a nest naturally and wyvern has good stats (I check them with spyglass mod), I want to lure them to nests to spawn one (but this is a PAIN)

There really is only one strategy - keep picking up eggs until the game spawns in a level of egg that you want, and of course killing or kiting away any low level wyverns just to make sure that they're not connected to any nests.

As you know, wyverns have a long aggro range and will follow you far across the map, so if you do find a high level egg in a nest try to escape without pulling the wyvern too far from it's nest. If the terrain near the nest is complicated enough and you stay low to the ground you can zig-zag around until you lose aggro while keeping the wyvern near enough to the nest that more eggs will spawn, or if possible have a tribe mate kite them back near the nest.

An alternative tactic is to use a pteranodon that you don't mind getting killed, fly a short distance away from the nest and let the wyvern kill you. When you die the wyvern will usually go back to its nest. Then you can respawn without any aggro, go back and pick up the egg. Obviously this works best if you have a small base nearby with some extra pteranodons and a bed to respawn. Sometimes dying is the best strategy in ARK. :)

Good luck and happy egg hunting.

• Volunteer Moderator

I haven't read your entire post, but just to clarify a few points;

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

2 ) Server picks an empty nest, it randomly rolls for the level of the egg, then it spawns in the egg and spawns in a wyvern with matching level nearby.

Actually, an existing Wyvern is being selected. We used to kite max levels into the back of Ragnarok's cave and were farming dozens of them with the same stats/colors by keeping them alive and re-rendering. It also used to work with Ice Wyvern, which was pretty neat back when they were not available anywhere else.

4 ) If you kill the wyvern connected with that nest (or if you kite it away to a large distance causing it to despawn) the egg will still stay there for a long time. I don't know what that exact time is but I've personally picked them up from a nest at least 2 hours after the wyvern was dead/gone.

Nests are not connected to the selected parent. The eggs will remain until they are picked up.

5 ) Eggs also have a buggy problem that they will sometimes seem to stay in the nest for a long, long time, until a player tries to pick them up, at which point the egg disappears rather than going into your inventory.

This happens due to how they were designed. I've recently posted more details about how it works here:

On 1/9/2022 at 10:34 PM, invincibleqc said:

By design, fertilized eggs for species you can find in the wild never lose health. Therefore, they never "die". However, their spoil timer is still ticking but they won't "think" until they are picked up. If you look at them before picking them up, you will see they have a 00:00:00 spoil timer and will spoil instantly when you pick them up. Clean up the scar of rotten eggs, then fresh ones should be spawning for you to raise.

On our server we've had nests that stayed empty for days until eventually we kited the wyvern far enough away force it to despawn, and then the nest would get a new egg/wyvern.

Empty nests are caused by any egg in proximity. Just like the parent is not connected to the nest, the egg itself isn't either. If there is any egg dropped by a player somewhere around it, it won't despawn. Same if there is a second nest with an egg into it at proximity. For instance, on Crystal Isles, there is a nest that is unreachable because it is positioned in the mesh and will break the one that is close to it until an admin wipe them or the server restart. I've posted a video illustrating it into the old section:

Pillars block animal spawns.

They don't, actually. If that was the case, official PvE servers would be empty of dinos. 🤪

Thanks for a lot of responds and good details! I know most of this things but let me see if i understand it correctly, you're saying if my 190 is not connected to any nest there's NO way i can get it to connect? Or if it was, and i lured it too far causing it to disconnect it's pretty much lost case?

As I did indeed kite it far AWAY, while my tribemate killed ALL wyverns with Giga, then i flew the 190 back in and we went away and back for the egg chance.

Ima add a bit of info.  I bet u always approach the area from the same direction dont u?  Bet the wyvern laying the egg is the 1st 1 rendering in.  See im an SP player, so i save before i dive into the trench.  1 thing i learned is the wyvern i get rendered 1st almost always gets the nest.  I can load back and reroll the same part of the trench ovr and ovr, get the same exact egg.  Now try flying over the trench and coming straight down on the wyvern ur targeting.  BOOM it lays the egg.  I will say the game kinda seems to prioritize new wyverns over pre existing 1s.  Also, rag and any non story map is the best choice for hunting wyvs.  More eggs, better level chances.  Story maps are horrible for hunting tames.

14 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ima add a bit of info.  I bet u always approach the area from the same direction dont u?  Bet the wyvern laying the egg is the 1st 1 rendering in.  See im an SP player, so i save before i dive into the trench.  1 thing i learned is the wyvern i get rendered 1st almost always gets the nest.  I can load back and reroll the same part of the trench ovr and ovr, get the same exact egg.  Now try flying over the trench and coming straight down on the wyvern ur targeting.  BOOM it lays the egg.  I will say the game kinda seems to prioritize new wyverns over pre existing 1s.  Also, rag and any non story map is the best choice for hunting wyvs.  More eggs, better level chances.  Story maps are horrible for hunting tames.

Good point, thanks for the imput. I usually come from different sides depends where i left the wyvern at. I'll try the dive and see if i'll get any better luck.

And yes, I always hunt for high level stuff on non-story maps :D

17 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Actually, an existing Wyvern is being selected. We used to kite max levels into the back of Ragnarok's cave and were farming dozens of them with the same stats/colors by keeping them alive and re-rendering. It also used to work with Ice Wyvern, which was pretty neat back when they were not available anywhere else.

That's interesting, because this is exactly what we tried to do and it never worked, kiting high levels to the nests never gave us anything. I even did it using admin commands for god mode to kite them and then disappearing using invisible to disappear so they stayed near the nests, but no high level eggs appeared for existing wyverns. For what it's worth we did it on SE, not Rag, so maybe(?) there's something different about the maps?

Either way, we're getting ready to advance from Extinction to Valguero in our beginning-to-end playthrough, I'll do some experiments on Val to see if maybe I was doing something wrong before.

Nests are not connected to the selected parent. The eggs will remain until they are picked up.

This happens due to how they were designed. I've recently posted more details about how it works here:

Ahhh yes, that makes sense, I had forgotten about the spoil timer for wild eggs. I'm sure that's what it was and I either overlooked it or just forgot about it.

They don't, actually. If that was the case, official PvE servers would be empty of dinos. 🤪

My understanding is that pillars stop spawns, just in a very small area. In other words, their area of affect for building is much larger than their area of affect for spawns, to stop an animal spawn you pretty much have to place the pillar right on the spawn point, guess I was wrong about that.

Since we're on this small tangent, is there anything else besides foundations that will stop animal spawns?

16 hours ago, Nka19 said:

Thanks for a lot of responds and good details! I know must of this things but let me see if i understand it correctly, you're saying if my 190 is not connected to any nest there's NO way i can get it to connect? Or if it was, and i lured it too far causing it to disconnect it's pretty much lost case?

As I did indeed kite it far AWAY, while my tribemate killed ALL wyverns with Giga, then i flew the 190 back in and we went away and back for the egg chance.

When in doubt, invincibleqc is right about game mechanics. Unless you can find a way to gather valid evidence that contradicts him my suggestion to you is that he's right and I'm wrong about this.

32 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

My understanding is that pillars stop spawns, just in a very small area. In other words, their area of affect for building is much larger than their area of affect for spawns, to stop an animal spawn you pretty much have to place the pillar right on the spawn point, guess I was wrong about that.

Since we're on this small tangent, is there anything else besides foundations that will stop animal spawns?

Ceiling tiles, foundations .   Its usually not hte pillars thats the problem, its when people combine them with things like ceiligns and foundations.   Fence founds and ladders are the lowest impact items you can snap on pillars for spawn blocking issues.

It's possible triangle foundations do not effect spawns.  

• Volunteer Moderator

For what it's worth we did it on SE, not Rag, so maybe(?)

SE appears to work the same exact way. For science, I spawned a few L191 on a difficulty 5 server (where max level is normally 190) and shortly after they started spawning in the nests:

UPIWOR8.png

My understanding is that pillars stop spawns, just in a very small area.

I don't necessarily think they directly block spawns but, smaller creatures may be deleted if they are completely stuck by them. For example, using Wyvern's wings to prevent a wild Baryonix to move will cause it to vanish most of the time so I would not be surprised if creatures spawning directly into a pillar are being deleted as well.

Hey ARK masters, I'd like everyone to post all good tips they got on getting best Wyvern eggs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My current issue is:
I have 190 wyvern flying around, I've built many traps, I even LOCKED him inside his nest with behemoth gates, but as soon as I fly away he gets out of any structured trap. I tried building beds in nerby nest and porting away and back, that worked he stayed inside the nest with behemoth gates, but for whatever reason he never spawns any egg in a nest. I removed all structures now as I heard they block spawns, and there was a nerby wild low level wyvern that kept spawning same egg over and over but I have no luck with 190 spawning anything, it's so frustrating. Specially when you try to lure 190 at the nests and he doesn't even follow you cause he's stuck on killing million of wild dinos totally ignoring you... (I'm on Valguero). Not to mention once you get him at nests he's so easy to fly out of them or follow you back outside when you run away. (or at worse... randomly despawn?!)
My plan was this: -Keep killing all low levels until high lvl spawns -If no egg in a nest naturally and wyvern has good stats (I check them with spyglass mod), I want to lure them to nests to spawn one (but this is a PAIN) So can someone share their best strategies on how to get 190 eggs of an already spawned 190 wild Wyvern?

The best method that I finally got to work for me with this same scenario, was to leave the wyvern alive, but constantly stop by every so often and check the nest's.....It was a pain, every time it chased me, I had to lure it back and try to get it trapped near the nests. Luckily I had a couple boulders I could get it snagged on so when I flew away it would stay there until rendering range would make it vanish and forget about me. Took a dozen or so runs, lured the junk wyverns away and finally it happened. 190 wyvern egg. Of course I killed the wyvern that had been such a problem right afterwards, but I be danged if there wasn't another 190 egg XD

Keep at it man, prolly one of the worst farms, but it will pay off

18 hours ago, wizard03 said:

The best method that I finally got to work for me with this same scenario, was to leave the wyvern alive, but constantly stop by every so often and check the nest's.....It was a pain, every time it chased me, I had to lure it back and try to get it trapped near the nests. Luckily I had a couple boulders I could get it snagged on so when I flew away it would stay there until rendering range would make it vanish and forget about me. Took a dozen or so runs, lured the junk wyverns away and finally it happened. 190 wyvern egg. Of course I killed the wyvern that had been such a problem right afterwards, but I be danged if there wasn't another 190 egg XD

Keep at it man, prolly one of the worst farms, but it will pay off

Thanks for respond! So you mentioned "stop by every so often", how long do i need to wait before i should return to render distance? I literally killed all wyverns only left 190 alive, then i left and came back, not a single egg was there in any nest, i trapped him in a tunnel on Valguero. And if any random wyverns spawns it's only their eggs in nests always.

EDIT: I just tried, i waited 15min, there was 9 new wyverns that spawned, and only 2 eggs were in nests, the rest of the spots were ALL empty.

16 minutes ago, Nka19 said:

Thanks for respond! So you mentioned "stop by every so often", how long do i need to wait before i should return to render distance? I literally killed all wyverns only left 190 alive, then i left and came back, not a single egg was there in any nest, i trapped him in a tunnel on Valguero. And if any random wyverns spawns it's only their eggs in nests always.

THey respawn over time.  SO you might only see 1 or 2 after 5-15 minutes.   Keep killing all mobs in the area as well.  Someone else might be able to chime in whether the nodes are shared with general mob spawns, but I personally like to kill everything if i'm waiting for certain animals to spawn.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

THey respawn over time.  SO you might only see 1 or 2 after 5-15 minutes.   Keep killing all mobs in the area as well.  Someone else might be able to chime in whether the nodes are shared with general mob spawns, but I personally like to kill everything if i'm waiting for certain animals to spawn.

1-2 eggs or 1-2 new wyverns? As I said i killed all except 190, if i fly away there's 9 new wyverns spawned in next 3min

Just now, Nka19 said:

1-2 eggs or 1-2 new wyverns? As I said i killed all except 190, if i fly away there's 9 new wyverns spawned in next 3min

Oh nice, much better than where i play... Then just kill the low stuff.  Leave the high levels if you can and kill everything you don't like.  If you have the means to do it, that's how we do it for rock drakes.   LUre the ones you want to where nests usually occur, then bug out as fast as you can leaving render. Get far enough away and they stay in the area where they lost your scent.  

Rock drakes it's more common to have them trapped in the walls, giving you bugged nests that keep spawning the same egg over and over again.  I think that since wyvern nests are a bit more spread out combined with their natural movement, reduces how often that occurs. 

19 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Oh nice, much better than where i play... Then just kill the low stuff.  Leave the high levels if you can and kill everything you don't like.  If you have the means to do it, that's how we do it for rock drakes.   LUre the ones you want to where nests usually occur, then bug out as fast as you can leaving render. Get far enough away and they stay in the area where they lost your scent.  

Rock drakes it's more common to have them trapped in the walls, giving you bugged nests that keep spawning the same egg over and over again.  I think that since wyvern nests are a bit more spread out combined with their natural movement, reduces how often that occurs. 

For Drakes eggs spawn instantly, i jump away and back and egg is there. Here if I go away and come back and nothing is there, unless it's new wyvern. For some reason currently only 3 nests seems to spawn stuff. And they do it while I'm on other side or half way in middle of trench.

And you didn't answer me what you meant with 1-2 spawns per 5-15min? New wyverns or new eggs in nests?

I have my 190 stuck in a tunnel and i kill everything new that spawns but how often should i leave and return, or should I just wait 1h there and then leave and return and all nests will be full of eggs then? As right now if i leave and return it's only 1 or 2

6 hours ago, Nka19 said:

And you didn't answer me what you meant with 1-2 spawns per 5-15min? New wyverns or new eggs in nests?

For how I've seen it on SE on official.  I've gone up and down that trench on halloween a few times and usually it's empty after we have killed everything.    I then see a few wyverns but nowhere near what we would see in the rock drake trenches after clearing.    1 or 2 eggs would show up after a small amount of time, but often we could wait longer.  I couldnt' say if the lack of eggs spawning was because we waiting on a timer to do a wyvern check to create a nest , or if other players got to the spots before us.  

I've done much more farming of eggs on crystal isles and after clearing all visible nests there - it could definitely take more than 20 minutes before new nests showed up sometimes.  Even when I was sure no one else was around hunting for them.  Usually, there would be 2 or 3 replacement nests in areas near where the last 3 were sighted right after leaving and coming back into render.   But the wyverns would be replaced right away after kiting and killing everything.  That's when i would lure all the low levels to a trap and lure all the high levels back down below.   

If I'm going around grabbing eggs for a few rounds on the mountain there, eventually the nests stop showing all around.  I couldn't say what causes that w/ any certainty.  But it definitely stops at some point and just goes dead.  Sometimes it takes an hour , sometimes longer for it to come back to life.

There's another problem that occurs and probably can effect SE and rag, nests spawning in spots that maybe got phased out when they finished building the map.   A lack of nests sighted could be related to nests spawning under the alcove floors or in nest alcoves that were buried behind geometry that got added in late.

and as others mentioned before, some players will drop eggs after picking them up and leave them nearby (boldly out in open and secretly in hard to see spots) ruining the egg spawns.   I've had to grab eggs from mid air over the trenches on SE and Valg many times. 

*and if you see nests and no eggs, and the nests never go away, try and uSE 'k' mode to look under the mesh and see if the egg is below the nest.  And you may want to try using a whip on an empty nest in case the egg is invisible, that was an issue at least once or twice in the past.

10 hours ago, Nka19 said:

EDIT: I just tried, i waited 15min, there was 9 new wyverns that spawned, and only 2 eggs were in nests, the rest of the spots were ALL empty.

On SE I never found more than 4 eggs in the trench after a "clean out" of the area. Lots of nests, but very few were populated with eggs. So I think there is a couple of dice rolls involved - 1 to spawn nests, 1 to get an egg in the nest, and then 1 to choose the parent for the egg in the nest ....
In terms of timing, I would fly out to the deep desert directly west - to the edge of the map - and then fly back. Maybe not a long enough interval to spawn lots of eggs - but I really do not think there is a one to one correlation between nest and egg.

10 hours ago, Nka19 said:

Thanks for respond! So you mentioned "stop by every so often", how long do i need to wait before i should return to render distance? I literally killed all wyverns only left 190 alive, then i left and came back, not a single egg was there in any nest, i trapped him in a tunnel on Valguero. And if any random wyverns spawns it's only their eggs in nests always. EDIT: I just tried, i waited 15min, there was 9 new wyverns that spawned, and only 2 eggs were in nests, the rest of the spots were ALL empty.

I didn't try to get them to respawn on purpse, I just natually "stopped by" whenever I needed to go towards the volcano on Lost Island.....while I was there, I would recheck the trench to see what spawned. So I wanna say I checked it once an hour???

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

On SE I never found more than 4 eggs in the trench after a "clean out" of the area. Lots of nests, but very few were populated with eggs. So I think there is a couple of dice rolls involved - 1 to spawn nests, 1 to get an egg in the nest, and then 1 to choose the parent for the egg in the nest ....
In terms of timing, I would fly out to the deep desert directly west - to the edge of the map - and then fly back. Maybe not a long enough interval to spawn lots of eggs - but I really do not think there is a one to one correlation between nest and egg.

even though you see many alcoves for eggs, many of the spots will never see an egg.   The spots the eggs show up at tend to be the same places repeatedly, could show in a few spots in a small area, but generally you will notice they only show in certain places.  Designers gave us all these nice little pockets for eggs, just sadly most of the spots will remain unused.

Archived