Is this Ark now?

EthiPope

Just another survivor story:

Once there was a survivor that started at Level 1 on a offical PvP Scorched earth Ark Server with somewhat high expectations about the fun he was surely about to have. Although he was Level 1 the surviver was not inexperienced in Ark. He survived the island long time ago and the center (on his own server). This time he wanted to meet some fellow survivers and also to chill a bit .... chopping wood .... building a house ... burning to death in the sun .. you name it. And so he chose a low populated server. The hole time only one other surviver was on the server ( don t know if it was always the same person).

Days went by and the surviver was able to build a nice house out of clay (after he toasted himself in a wood house before). He reached Lev 60 and was minding his own business during one of this "hot as hell"-days as he suddenly heard some wings flapping. Then everything happend very fast. The half of the house was blown away sending the surviver flying and a Level 10X dude came in and shot the surviver. "Well that was rude" thought the surviver that little (enter swearwords here) can go (enter more swearwords here) and his mother can (enter swearwords here). But his anger about the unfriendly and voiceless visitor was only short because 1. there are always (enter another swearword here) out there and 2. he chose a PvP Server by himself so he only has to blame himself.

But he didn t want to give up (more or less). Because the unfriendly visitor was a lot stronger (the surviver also played the Civ games and he knew that the club-guy looses against the mounted-firearm-guy) he decided to leave the server but wanted to take his exp with him. He knew he had to make it to a obelisk to "save" himself but also knew that his current equipment was not really strong ... it shouldn t be easy. He grabbed his best weapons and his tent and started his journey. It was a hard an tiresome fight. Avoiding bigger predators, fight some smaller ones .... waiting and healing in his tent .... hunting the little a..holes that ALWAYS stole his tent ... etc.  .... finally he made it to the red obelisk. There he had to participate in a battle royale with some raptors a sabertooth, corcodiles etc.. He won! Bleeding and tired he faced the obelisk annnd ... it was blocked by 5 vaults!

He tried to damage them ... nothing

He tried to stare them down ... they didn t care

He cried a little ....

He fought the respawn ....

He gave a raptor and died

Maybe a PvE-Server? Well, pillars everywhere ... you can t even put down a campfire ...

Playing alone/with close friends on a private server ... paying a monthly fee to do so?

Is this Ark now?

I had to leave my first PvP island server because the alpha tribe blocked every ob with vaults and every drop location with walls of metal rails.  I suspected that they also used scripts and exploits to see through foliage, because no matter where you built and now matter how well hidden, you were wiped within a day.  It took a long time to be able to break through the structures at a drop location and escape.  When we would ask them why they wanted to trap people on the map and keep away anyone that wanted to join, they would just respond with profanity and taunts.  That seems to be today's Ark: players using every exploit possible to make the game as miserable as possible for others.

I disagree with pillars everywhere on PVE.

Sure, there is tons of them, but there is tons of free spots as well.

I started on the Island. Took me a while to find spot for me at beginning. I would say like 2 hours. first i managed to pillar little piece of beach. After a very short while of exploring, i figured out that right on the other side of cliff which i lived under, there is tons of unpillared space. Of course i pillared it too and felt already safe with having big enough spot. 

After some days on ark, i realized, where i live there is lack of resources. I had to travel half of the map for metal and crystal nodes. I just made a trip arround island, and found extremly huge spot in the snow biome. Plenty of resources everywhere. Just one thing - weather. I had to stack up on fur armor. On the way i have seen lot of other huge unpillared spots, but one thing i wanted in MY spot is being right at the sea. (It was already second huge spot right at the sea i found on the same server)

Than came this guy. My neighbour.

Spammed me with tons of rexes. He didnt like that i build close to him. I just opened a ticket, and not too far away found another spot (even 3 spots to choose from!). I built a temporary base at one of them. Than after few days i got response from GM raptor about my case being resolved.

I came back home, and what i have seen - all those Rexes which was glitched into my houses now belong to me. I was able to progress my ark life much faster with those rexes. I built a base with industrial forge, hatching room, and vault room. I had PLENTY of space left to build whatever i want. (We are still talking about same server on which i found plentys of spots)

Than came days i decided i have enough of Island. I traveled to genesis map with all o had. I found tons of free spots in no time. I choosed one with metal nodes. YES! free unpillared spot with metal nodes all arround, on the cliff with only 3 entrances i could easily block with gates. First i made stone gates, which i switched after few days to public tek gates (so wild dangerous animals cant come in, but players can use metal nodes at my base without me worrying about them forgetting to close the doors or dont care about closing them at all).

Now when i travel arround my genesis bog biome on my fast bloodstalker, i see plentys of other simmilar free spots to build a base.

I traveled to crystal isles, to build outpost for crystal wyverns breeding. Daaaamn this map was so empty from pillars. I choosed of course place between wyverns spawns and wyvern trench, as i didnt care about resources being arround, all i did care about was wyverns. However, by accident i found nearby cliff with plentys of metal. YES! Accidentaly right next to base spot i choosed.

What i can assume, you are looking spot in places everybody is looking for. Which result in tons of pillars all arround.

What i can suggest you, is made a small outpost, or even a little base on the raft, do you can move your stuff later easily, tame pteranodon, or you can ask on chat for some free flyer. PVE community is mostly very helpfull. You can explain that you need flyer to find a spot, or just lend a flyer for a while.

Than use this flyer to make a trip arround a map. You will find plenty of base spots. Mark them, and in the end of the day choose one to build in. 

Example of looking wrong, is to look in ocean biome at genesis. Everyone is building at ocean biome, what result in plenty of space at other biomes. (Wildcard made mistake boosting ocean biome possibilities [upgraded swimming speed and oxygen efficiency] while nerfing at the same time ground biomes [flyers blocked]) 

Other example is not looking at snow biome on the island. Nobody want to live in snow biome, because they have to stack on fur armor and deal with dangerous animals before they settle up.

Truth is one, there is no perfect spot you probably looking for. Every spot have pros and cons. You got to choose which are most comfortable for you.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, EthiPope said:

Just another survivor story: Once there was a survivor that started at Level 1 on a offical PvP Scorched earth Ark Server with somewhat high expectations about the fun he was surely about to have. Although he was Level 1 the surviver was not inexperienced in Ark. He survived the island long time ago and the center (on his own server). This time he wanted to meet some fellow survivers and also to chill a bit .... chopping wood .... building a house ... burning to death in the sun .. you name it. And so he chose a low populated server. The hole time only one other surviver was on the server ( don t know if it was always the same person). Days went by and the surviver was able to build a nice house out of clay (after he toasted himself in a wood house before). He reached Lev 60 and was minding his own business during one of this "hot as hell"-days as he suddenly heard some wings flapping. Then everything happend very fast. The half of the house was blown away sending the surviver flying and a Level 10X dude came in and shot the surviver. "Well that was rude" thought the surviver that little (enter swearwords here) can go (enter more swearwords here) and his mother can (enter swearwords here). But his anger about the unfriendly and voiceless visitor was only short because 1. there are always (enter another swearword here) out there and 2. he chose a PvP Server by himself so he only has to blame himself. But he didn t want to give up (more or less). Because the unfriendly visitor was a lot stronger (the surviver also played the Civ games and he knew that the club-guy looses against the mounted-firearm-guy) he decided to leave the server but wanted to take his exp with him. He knew he had to make it to a obelisk to "save" himself but also knew that his current equipment was not really strong ... it shouldn t be easy. He grabbed his best weapons and his tent and started his journey. It was a hard an tiresome fight. Avoiding bigger predators, fight some smaller ones .... waiting and healing in his tent .... hunting the little a..holes that ALWAYS stole his tent ... etc.  .... finally he made it to the red obelisk. There he had to participate in a battle royale with some raptors a sabertooth, corcodiles etc.. He won! Bleeding and tired he faced the obelisk annnd ... it was blocked by 5 vaults! He tried to damage them ... nothing He tried to stare them down ... they didn t care He cried a little .... He fought the respawn .... He gave a raptor and died Maybe a PvE-Server? Well, pillars everywhere ... you can t even put down a campfire ... Playing alone/with close friends on a private server ... paying a monthly fee to do so? Is this Ark now?

Yes, but no......Yeah the majority of the official servers are absolutely overthrown with super powered groups who will absolutely destroy anyone who comes onto "their" server.....More or less they turned a PvP server into "their" PvE private server with occasional noob farming to help them get stuff.

You can make it in a PvE server, trust me you can. I did. But you gotta find one thats decent and then you gotta compromise on where you want to build. With that said, once I was established, the server was really chill. I got to chat with a couple others, and hell one even helped me tame a giga. {allthough I still don't know why I did other than he offered it, that was a PvE server}

Either way, if you just interested in the short and easy version, yeah this is ark. Privately owned official servers. But the long answer? Look hard enough, or run your own server and things will work out.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, EthiPope said:

Maybe a PvE-Server? Well, pillars everywhere ... you can t even put down a campfire ...

Every PvE server has plenty of good locations to build bases. They may not be the "perfect" location, they may not be the location that you crossed your fingers and hoped would be empty, but anyone who can't find good locations to build bases on any PvE server is just suffering from a lack of imagination and creativity.

21 hours ago, demoralizis13 said:

I disagree with pillars everywhere on PVE.

Sure, there is tons of them, but there is tons of free spots as well.

I started on the Island. Took me a while to find spot for me at beginning. I would say like 2 hours. first i managed to pillar little piece of beach. After a very short while of exploring, i figured out that right on the other side of cliff which i lived under, there is tons of unpillared space. Of course i pillared it too and felt already safe with having big enough spot. 

After some days on ark, i realized, where i live there is lack of resources. I had to travel half of the map for metal and crystal nodes. I just made a trip arround island, and found extremly huge spot in the snow biome. Plenty of resources everywhere. Just one thing - weather. I had to stack up on fur armor. On the way i have seen lot of other huge unpillared spots, but one thing i wanted in MY spot is being right at the sea. (It was already second huge spot right at the sea i found on the same server)

Than came this guy. My neighbour.

Spammed me with tons of rexes. He didnt like that i build close to him. I just opened a ticket, and not too far away found another spot (even 3 spots to choose from!). I built a temporary base at one of them. Than after few days i got response from GM raptor about my case being resolved.

I came back home, and what i have seen - all those Rexes which was glitched into my houses now belong to me. I was able to progress my ark life much faster with those rexes. I built a base with industrial forge, hatching room, and vault room. I had PLENTY of space left to build whatever i want. (We are still talking about same server on which i found plentys of spots)

Than came days i decided i have enough of Island. I traveled to genesis map with all o had. I found tons of free spots in no time. I choosed one with metal nodes. YES! free unpillared spot with metal nodes all arround, on the cliff with only 3 entrances i could easily block with gates. First i made stone gates, which i switched after few days to public tek gates (so wild dangerous animals cant come in, but players can use metal nodes at my base without me worrying about them forgetting to close the doors or dont care about closing them at all).

Now when i travel arround my genesis bog biome on my fast bloodstalker, i see plentys of other simmilar free spots to build a base.

I traveled to crystal isles, to build outpost for crystal wyverns breeding. Daaaamn this map was so empty from pillars. I choosed of course place between wyverns spawns and wyvern trench, as i didnt care about resources being arround, all i did care about was wyverns. However, by accident i found nearby cliff with plentys of metal. YES! Accidentaly right next to base spot i choosed.

What i can assume, you are looking spot in places everybody is looking for. Which result in tons of pillars all arround.

What i can suggest you, is made a small outpost, or even a little base on the raft, do you can move your stuff later easily, tame pteranodon, or you can ask on chat for some free flyer. PVE community is mostly very helpfull. You can explain that you need flyer to find a spot, or just lend a flyer for a while.

Than use this flyer to make a trip arround a map. You will find plenty of base spots. Mark them, and in the end of the day choose one to build in. 

Example of looking wrong, is to look in ocean biome at genesis. Everyone is building at ocean biome, what result in plenty of space at other biomes. (Wildcard made mistake boosting ocean biome possibilities [upgraded swimming speed and oxygen efficiency] while nerfing at the same time ground biomes [flyers blocked]) 

Other example is not looking at snow biome on the island. Nobody want to live in snow biome, because they have to stack on fur armor and deal with dangerous animals before they settle up.

Truth is one, there is no perfect spot you probably looking for. Every spot have pros and cons. You got to choose which are most comfortable for you.

No dude. It's not just the spam. It's the fact that the spam causes so much lag for those of us on Xbox. That's and it's so dam depressing to go to PVE after being constantly berated and abused on PVP (normal I know) only to find that the tribes on PVE have simply prevented any possibility of conflict by preventing you from even spawning without being trapped in some structure they've placed or blocking all obs so you can't transfer out if you're able to escape one of their spawn traps. It IS that bad.

11 hours ago, Kjstones said:

No dude. It's not just the spam. It's the fact that the spam causes so much lag for those of us on Xbox. That's and it's so dam depressing to go to PVE after being constantly berated and abused on PVP (normal I know) only to find that the tribes on PVE have simply prevented any possibility of conflict by preventing you from even spawning without being trapped in some structure they've placed or blocking all obs so you can't transfer out if you're able to escape one of their spawn traps. It IS that bad.

Yes lags are annoying. With that you cant do nothing. Spawns with being trapped happens, but believe me, if you report this case it will get fixed and their base will be most likely wiped at all, or demolished by half. Blocked obs? You know how customer support deal with it? Single command destroying every double structure of this tribe. Means not only structutes at the obelisk, but every single pillar with ladder on whole map, every single gate and tek gate set. It s for big bases tons to rebuild. They will for sure consider doing it again. Ofc if we are talking about PVE server.

22 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Every PvE server has plenty of good locations to build bases. They may not be the "perfect" location, they may not be the location that you crossed your fingers and hoped would be empty, but anyone who can't find good locations to build bases on any PvE server is just suffering from a lack of imagination and creativity.

Couldn't have said this better. There has never been a map I transferred to on pve that I couldn't find a spot to build. Sure Ive made it a point to be on new maps on day 1 to get the perfect spot for me but many times I have transferred to mature servers and carved out a spot for myself that's more than acceptable. Most people seem to be very unimaginative it seems. They spawn walk for 2 minutes, see pillars on the beach and rage quit, where as if they took the time to get a simple flyer and go scouting around they would guaranteed find a spot.

I have tried to play ARK again, I have searched among the official servers, ordered by the most played, and the server # 5 most populated in Europe had 20 players ... I joined the second, and it seemed that it was in single player. All the empty beaches except the occasional raided structure. When approaching an area in the center, a typical mega structure with 1000 turrets.
I only play official servers because I don't like servers with 50 mods, nor servers with abusive admins or ORPs.

I have joined 2 more servers, and they were full of metal structures from the alpha tribe all over the island
I have gotten into a quite populated smalltribes, in Ragnarok, and within 10 minutes I saw 3 dragons that almost teleported, and they killed me. I changed the spawn to another zone and they killed me again. I changed the spawn and was killed again in less than 5 seconds.

I remember at the beginning of the game when the biggest danger I had was that a guy would come with a rex, that at that time the servers were X1 and it took a lot of hours to tame one and build houses.
However, then they put transfer dinos between servers, dragons, tek, alpha dinosaurs, and for me it is not the same funny game as before.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:39 AM, Pipinghot said:

Agree 100%. A couple of weeks ago, I transferred to a mature Island server. It was certainly filled up, but not so much that I couldn't get a temp base ready. I then explored more, and found an excellent spot (I was surprised is was not already taken) to make my permanent base on.

Everyone always comes in and gripes that all the spots are taken. And yet those of us that were NOT there day 1 still have a place to live.

I started on island on a tiny postage stamp, I recruited my friends and my twin sister to join me. It took us a YEAR to have the land we do now. And no one walked up and waved a magic wand and gave it to us. 

We searched the area by our postage stamp daily and one small spot at a time we added to it. If you want to jus throw up your hands and complain instead

of ACTIVELY doing something about it, then NO this game is not for you. ARK has been and still is a game of patience. Issues happen-- you need patience.

To get that prime spot on the beach- deal with another spot and make do until it opens up- patience.

Servers are ALWAYS in flux, people come and people go. We've been on our main server over 3 years now and guess what?

NEW PEOPLE ARE STILL MOVING IN! somehow imagine this.., they are finding places to live! crazy right?

46 minutes ago, Sativa420 said:

Everyone always comes in and gripes that all the spots are taken. And yet those of us that were NOT there day 1 still have a place to live.

I started on island on a tiny postage stamp, I recruited my friends and my twin sister to join me. It took us a YEAR to have the land we do now. And no one walked up and waved a magic wand and gave it to us. 

We searched the area by our postage stamp daily and one small spot at a time we added to it. If you want to jus throw up your hands and complain instead

of ACTIVELY doing something about it, then NO this game is not for you. ARK has been and still is a game of patience. Issues happen-- you need patience.

To get that prime spot on the beach- deal with another spot and make do until it opens up- patience.

Servers are ALWAYS in flux, people come and people go. We've been on our main server over 3 years now and guess what?

NEW PEOPLE ARE STILL MOVING IN! somehow imagine this.., they are finding places to live! crazy right?

Its crazy that after so many years people *still* dont understand this.

Archived