Halloween event useless for low population servers

CyberAngel67

Halloween event useless for low population servers

I sometimes feel that Wildcard don't think when implementing things and compared to the very first Halloween event ever, this is pathetic when it comes to spawns.

So I spent an hour in the game, all I collected was 2 headstones and 4 pumpkins and that was only because they spawned in my base. From what I can see is that these spawn around players only. So if you go looking for them, you will never get them as often as a high population server would.

Considering how short these events are that is really pathetic and as usual useless on so many levels.

36 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I've been on not even 10 minutes just now and already found over a dozen. Maybe the spooky piles fear negative attitude like vampire fear garlic?

I had about the same luck as the OP,  on our main server there were 33 people and everyone was talking about not being able to find the loot piles and bone dinos,  with minimal event dino's spawn,  I tried on valgeuro later and had about the same luck. 

all total for the day i was able to gather 13 scarecrows and 13 dragon bones (3 bone trikes), the pickings were rather thin.   From what i've gathered from players so far is the servers are either getting alot, or next to none, with no rhyme or reason to how they are spawning in so far.   hopefully it improves over the next day or two.

• Volunteer Moderator

Guys, the mounds and stuff do spawn around the player, but they won't be right in front of you. I was running round on a Thyla hunting them and often they spawned behind me so I had to keep an eye all around me as I travelled. Don't travel fast because you'll easily miss them. Sometimes i'd stop travelling, sit there for 5 seconds and i'd see one or two pop up around me.

I got tons last night on a very low population server.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Guys, the mounds and stuff do spawn around the player, but they won't be right in front of you. I was running round on a Thyla hunting them and often they spawned behind me so I had to keep an eye all around me as I travelled. Don't travel fast because you'll easily miss them. Sometimes i'd stop travelling, sit there for 5 seconds and i'd see one or two pop up around me.

yeah I know, but point still being,  they frequency of their spawns seems to be different on different servers.   I spent hours walking, not running, in order to find some yet they barely spawned in as compared to what some people were getting on other servers.    Same issue with the Bone dino's, while some servers are getting them frequently, other servers are seeing next to none spawning in.

• Volunteer Moderator

Just a reminder for those playing on servers, any scarecrows, pumpkins, gravestones you have collected and stored in storage (i.e. not placed on the ground) will disappear after restart just like last year unfortunately. Bones will remain as they are collected from wild dinos.

To keep the other items if you haven't used them it is advised to upload them to the Obelisk/Transmitter until you need to use them to craft skins/emotes.

Just a heads up!

2 hours ago, GP said:

Yes, but as I mentioned in the old days it never used to spawn around the player.

15 minutes ago, GP said:

Just a reminder for those playing on servers, any scarecrows, pumpkins, gravestones you have collected and stored in storage (i.e. not placed on the ground) will disappear after restart just like last year unfortunately. Bones will remain as they are collected from wild dinos.

To keep the other items if you haven't used them it is advised to upload them to the Obelisk/Transmitter until you need to use them to craft skins/emotes.

Just a heads up!

wish they would fix that...

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Yes, but as I mentioned in the old days it never used to spawn around the player.

Actually they have. The mounds on the ground were first introduced with the Arkeology event as far as i recall and they spawned around the player. The previous Fear Evolved's had actual graveyard sites that did not spawn around players.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Exactly!!

So why could they have not done that!!

Am just spitballing here but I thought maybe it would be down to requiring less effort to programme the event into multiple maps ? As disappointing as it is, I would assume it could be a compromise to get the event onto all of the maps ? Better this way than limiting it to just The island and Scorched say ? Still gutted that the dodorex/wyvern are only spawnable on the Island/Scorched. 

3 hours ago, GP said:

Just a heads up!

So we have to place them in order to keep until we have enough to make the skins?

I haven't found one yet but are the scarecrow, headstone and pumpkins able to be picked up after being placed?

Also I found 10 candy corn drops, all filled with meat and berries. Is that how all of them are, or is my luck just terrible?

20 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

So I spent an hour in the game, all I collected was 2 headstones and 4 pumpkins and that was only because they spawned in my base.

You're doing it wrong.

Spend some time just playing the game normally, go do a resource run, tame some stuff, go look at some pretty trees, whatever it is you normally do. As you play they will start spawning in.

Our entire server has 6 people, and all 6 of us gathered the resources to make hockey masks in 1 hour.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

You're doing it wrong.

Spend some time just playing the game normally, go do a resource run, tame some stuff, go look at some pretty trees, whatever it is you normally do. As you play they will start spawning in.

Our entire server has 6 people, and all 6 of us gathered the resources to make hockey masks in 1 hour.

Not doing it wrong at all, doing what I do every day for the last 4 years.

But yes 5 or more players would get you more than what I collected... I said low population server, aka 1-3 players if that.

Actually, after further testing, population does effect how often you'll get the loot piles, the more players that are grouped together the higher the rate of the loot piles spawning is.  the less people, the less frequently they spawn.  even 3 players dramatically increases the number of spawns.  So the lower the population on a server, the lower the spawns, the higher population, and more people grouped together, the higher the spawns.  so It actually benefits mega tribes and punishes small tribes.

11 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Actually, after further testing, population does effect how often you'll get the loot piles, the more players that are grouped together the higher the rate of the loot piles spawning is.  the less people, the less frequently they spawn.  even 3 players dramatically increases the number of spawns.  So the lower the population on a server, the lower the spawns, the higher population, and more people grouped together, the higher the spawns.  so It actually benefits mega tribes and punishes small tribes.

Exactly what my tests have showed as well, which is why I posted this in the first place.

Archived