More Free Maps

Jemcrystal

Suggestion

7 replies to this server topic

Personally I am all up for new maps. They could be free as Ragnarok and the Center, or have a price tag. 

There are a lot of games out there where you can purchase additional clothing sets, quests, or other such items, and if that is what it would take, I would be all for it.

As for what the price tag could be, I couldn't imagine it. As @Aylana314159 said, modders spend hours of their own time working on these maps so making it too cheap seems unfair- and too costly is unrealistic. 

Now I have read a bit about the procedurally generated maps, and if it worked properly, it seems like a promising way to add a variety of maps to the game. So I have to agree that it would add some of the variety we are wanting to game play, especially for console players. 

Potentially there could be something coming just around the corner.... not that we know what it is or if theres anything at all. Most likely a new map but again just speculation, my moneys leaning towards it being a 'free' map like Rag and the Center. I however wouldnt mind chucking some money any new maps.  

49 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Now I have read a bit about the procedurally generated maps, and if it worked properly, it seems like a promising way to add a variety of maps to the game. So I have to agree that it would add some of the variety we are wanting to game play, especially for console players. 

Even somehow adding the obelisks (I dont think they are a thing in PGMs) and set caves could potentially help out PGM alot. It holds alot of potential but would probably take alot of work to get it right. I dont think it would ever replace hand made maps however. 

Free really isn't free. A mod author or mod team spends lots of time making maps. Time is money.

There are several abandoned or on hold maps in the workshop, that WC could potentially buy and finish if the mod authors still have the files.

Or WC could fix/finish the procedural generated maps. Then lots of new maps could be created.

With no micro transactions I wonder how people think thousands of hours plus running the servers cost should ne covered? Out of WC's pocket? 

Any additional maps should be at a cost unless they start a subscription plan. If they start a subscription or micro transaction plan though, people are going to expect a lot more customer support than we currently get so paid dlc is the most likely result here.

Archived