Community Crunch 177: Eggcellent Adventure Returns Tomorrow!

StudioWildcard

For those continuously asking for breeding events, your not getting it. Its well know that these breeding events results in horrible server preformance on official. While it would be logical to have a breeding event during easter considering what easter is, obviously WC are limiting how often they roll out that particular rate.

From the dev tracker:

rps20190416_102630.thumb.jpg.37688c76219ca35729e7adf519eda3e8.jpg

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Level4Gaming said:

Anyone care to elaborate what "LOD iteration" means? I hope this doesn't mean ridiculous levels of scaling down resolution and fidelity of distant objects like what we see on some things. Also, is the singleplayer/non dedicated bug where godmode disables itself upon mounting a creature going to be fixed? It's a pretty game breaking bug for mod testers and singleplayer users.

it is the bug that when you jump off of a basilisk the textures go all 'stringy' or on ghille where you had to be really close to see the rest of the leaves on it ?

Really anxious to see if the patch works for prim+ this time. I've really enjoyed it so far but I've hit that wall since a lot of stuff was broken.

I know the patch didn't mention it, but fingers crossed on the canteen engram being fixed with this.

P.s. To all the dudebros whining about every possible thing every update, please shut up and/or go play another game. You're the reason this game isn't fun on officials.

I understand being annoyed with how often stuff is broken, but i don't imagine that making a game on this scale is an easy thing. 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

For those continuously asking for breeding events, your not getting it. Its well know that these breeding events results in horrible server preformance on official. While it would be logical to have a breeding event during easter considering what easter is, obviously WC are limiting how often they roll out that particular rate.

From the dev tracker:

rps20190416_102630.thumb.jpg.37688c76219ca35729e7adf519eda3e8.jpg

Agreed. Breeding events bring on the worst server lag, not to mention; they mess up the imprints on dinos already hatched/born. Nevertheless, it would be nice and make since if they increase egg laying and mating frequency. It is after all the season of fertility. 

8 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

Agreed. Breeding events bring on the worst server lag, not to mention; they mess up the imprints on dinos already hatched/born. Nevertheless, it would be nice and make since if they increase egg laying and mating frequency. It is after all the season of fertility. 

Unfortunately what you’re suggesting is reserved for the Valentines day event, so rather than have a duplicate event, I guess the devs opted for an event based around Easter eggs specifically.

11 hours ago, Smashbox27 said:

Love your work wc. And to all the cry babies about the breeding.. who cares if u don't like it go play something else.  your the reason why the community is toxic. 

Your post is toxic. You’re doing exactly what you’re criticizing. 

In all honesty, as far as the community goes, the most toxicity comes from members doing exactly what you’re doing. While I don’t agree that a breeding event should occur (because it just causes lag and messes up the imprints on babies that were started before), I’m not gonna be like you and other truly toxic members that attack others for expressing their desire for events, bug fixes or other improvements.

WC almost never responds to a ticket, and the ONLY time they do is when members start a major outcry. It’s the only way to get anything addressed and if your attitude was the norm, nothing would ever get fixed. Go ahead and praise WC, that’s fine but the REAL toxicity comes from the players that attack anyone being critical of the game just like you are doing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

While I agree that it would be nice to increase the mating frequency, I believe that could end up with the same result as a breeding event with strain on the servers i.e. more dinos being raised. Egg laying rate increase would be a good idea though, would be good for peoples egg farms and would fit in with the easter theme.

Edited by AngrySaltire

Suggestion :)

once you fix all the bad things about the game (meshing etc) and have time to work on something cool how about this...

cctv :)

anyone can download a companion app on iPhone android - your tribe has a one time access code to link tribe mates to your server and clan. Unlock a motion camera engram and watch via your phone. Would be soooooo cool...

18 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Unfortunately what you’re suggesting is reserved for the Valentines day event, so rather than have a duplicate event, I guess the devs opted for an event based around Easter eggs specifically.

I said it makes more sense for Easter. That’s what I said, period. Thanks anyway for the obvious.?

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

While I agree that it would be nice to increase the mating frequency, I believe that could end up with the same result as a breeding event with strain on the servers i.e. more dinos being raised. Egg laying rate increase would be a good idea though, would be good for peoples egg farms and would fit in with the easter theme.

I somewhat agree. However, it may or may not result in extra breeding because people could just save eggs up and breed a lot without such an event. Although it might result in some extra breeding, mostly it would help players that can’t play as often fill up their fridges with fertilized eggs. Either way, not happening and no big deal. It would just make sense, that’s all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

I somewhat agree. However, it may or may not result in extra breeding because people could just save eggs up and breed a lot without such an event. Although it might result in some extra breeding, mostly it would help players that can’t play as often fill up their fridges with fertilized eggs. Either way, not happening and no big deal. It would just make sense, that’s all.

Definatly. I was just trying to view it from a WC perspective worrying about server stability.

It's a bummer about no breeding event, tbh. Almost everyone in the various servers I play on have been gearing up for that, stockpiling fert eggs and the like. It's still a fun event and I'm thankful they at least have 2x taming over the weekend but 3x (or hell even 2x) breeding would have been a great way to reconnect WC with the more dissident members of the community.

TO CLARIFY, I don't think that WC should throw a breeding event out every time the community complains about something, that's basically bribery and is a very slippery slope. I do believe that doing that for this event would have been justified though. I say that because from what I've gathered in my servers and on previous CC posts leading up to this event, a good amount of people were expecting a breeding event anyway so it would have been a completely appropriate tie in. So now not only have WC missed an opportunity to mend fences with the dissident members they've also gone and annoyed many players who had no issue or had been biting their tongues.

Personally, I'm still looking forward to taming some fun colors of the various dinos I love and am very appreciative that there is an event at all, there's nothing saying they HAVE to throw this event but they did it anyway even in spite of recent tensions. Unfortunately though it's hard to not feel like this whole thing was a wasted opportunity and could have been way better for everyone involved, just my overall feeling about the whole shebang.

To completely switch gears I wanted to also thank WC for their recent steps in increasing communication with the community. Even if you don't have an immediate fix for things the fact that you're addressing matters and are willing to openly and honestly address them is appreciated and a definite step in the right direction. It's impossible to please everyone but It feels a bit more like you give a damn at least and that's nice.

15 minutes ago, LordHotPockets said:

It's a bummer about no breeding event, tbh. Almost everyone in the various servers I play on have been gearing up for that, stockpiling fert eggs and the like. It's still a fun event and I'm thankful they at least have 2x taming over the weekend but 3x (or hell even 2x) breeding would have been a great way to reconnect WC with the more dissident members of the community.

TO CLARIFY, I don't think that WC should throw a breeding event out every time the community complains about something, that's basically bribery and is a very slippery slope. I do believe that doing that for this event would have been justified though. I say that because from what I've gathered in my servers and on previous CC posts leading up to this event, a good amount of people were expecting a breeding event anyway so it would have been a completely appropriate tie in. So now not only have WC missed an opportunity to mend fences with the dissident members they've also gone and annoyed many players who had no issue or had been biting their tongues.

Personally, I'm still looking forward to taming some fun colors of the various dinos I love and am very appreciative that there is an event at all, there's nothing saying they HAVE to throw this event but they did it anyway even in spite of recent tensions. Unfortunately though it's hard to not feel like this whole thing was a wasted opportunity and could have been way better for everyone involved, just my overall feeling about the whole shebang.

To completely switch gears I wanted to also thank WC for their recent steps in increasing communication with the community. Even if you don't have an immediate fix for things the fact that you're addressing matters and are willing to openly and honestly address them is appreciated and a definite step in the right direction. It's impossible to please everyone but It feels a bit more like you give a damn at least and that's nice.

I hope they at least do a temporary breed boost, like from thursday-Easter Sunday, which, of course, is this sunday.

37 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Definatly. I was just trying to view it from a WC perspective worrying about server stability.

Yeah, I get that. Without regard to your post (which seemed polite and sincere), I prefer to leave WC’s perspective to WC. 

A lot of discourse occurs here as a result of members trying to speak for WC, especially those that criticize others for making suggestions or expressing their desire for fixes or improvements in the game. Again, nothing to do with your post, just something I think some other members of the community should keep in mind. 

• Like 2