Pve server dino overcap

Michael99

So the newest unknown exploit box tribes are using is to take a server is by mass overcapping and im talking 100 dinos over the tame cap .When will wildcard stop this is hard enough 

With server dino tame caps but to let someone have the ability to mass overcap freely shouldn't ever happen anyone else who knows of this, now im not talking mammal breeding because me and other people on my server which i wont say have checked all bases no mammals or babies any where so one has to ask how are they doing it and why are they getting away with it.

Guest EnergyDrink

I have spent couple days searching for a server that is not capped or was/about to be capped.
Thinking of quiting the game, because i want to play ark, but WC dont allow us to play it, since all servers are capped.

How are we supposed to play?

It's been a HUGE problem for a year (A WHOLE DAMN YEAR!!!) and they just couldn't care less. Instead, let's make all kinds of different PvP clusters to show off that there clearly ARE enough resources for additional servers, let's nerf and adapt dinos and mechanisms to please the PvP folks and just carry them over to PvE because the PvE player base and their opinions don't matter anyway. Although MANY discussions have been started and many suggestions have been made, there has never been one single word or sign of acknowledgement or WC caring even the least about our cap problem or PvE alltogether.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

The solution is simple switch all official servers to some form of PvP. Tame cap and pillaring would be solved by players, as it should be.

What's the point in playing PvE then anyway? lol

I'm 100% positive there are other full PvE solutions, but someone would have to care and actually sit down and work it out (LIKE THEY DO WITH PvP STUFF ALL THE TIME).

47 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

What's the point in playing PvE then anyway? lol

I'm 100% positive there are other full PvE solutions, but someone would have to care and actually sit down and work it out (LIKE THEY DO WITH PvP STUFF ALL THE TIME).

The keyword in my solution was simple.

Either 1 setting (PVP on) or 2 (PVP time window start and stop).

And what's the point of playing where you cannot tame anything? 

14 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The keyword in my solution was simple.

Either 1 setting (PVP on) or 2 (PVP time window start and stop).

And what's the point of playing where you cannot tame anything? 

I don't know if you play PvE or PvP, but the reason why I play PvE is that I don't want to worry about my tames getting killed and base destroyed all the time. I want to build nicely and not just metal boxes with 10 turret towers around them. I want to play with other tribes, not against them. The moment some sort of forced PvP would be introduced to PvE, it wouldn't be PvE anymore. I'd HAVE to build ugly metal boxes and I'd HAVE to worry bout my base and tames. Anyone with PvP experience could just raid on PvE for fun and I have no doubt that they would. In the end, it'd just be an advantage for exactly those big hoarder tribes with many dinos on many servers that we want to get rid of, while small tribes and new players wouldn't stand a chance.

There's no real point in playing on a capped server either, that's true. But that's also why WC should finally react and find a way of dealing with it instead of concentrating on PvP only and telling us to "go figure it out on our server".

2 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

play PvE is that I don't want to worry about my tames getting killed and base destroyed all the time.

That's exactly why PvE is capped. It's too safe. There are no threats. It not Pv Environment, it more of a dino collecting and breeding SIM. 

The PvE mode was created by just turning off PvP with no thought to long term consequences (ie tame cap).

I said that PvP for all would be the simplest solution for WC to implement. Adding an environmental threats system would take a lot of work, and I don't really see WC doing anything like it.

My actual solution for PvE tame cap is something like the dino garage mod (see steam workshop for more info). It a structure the tribe builds and can storage 200 dinos (as data). If powered (industrial tier) it can collect poop and eggs. It feeds the stored dinos either by directly putting food in it inventory or a radial setting to feed from near by troughs. Tribes could be limited in number they place. This would remove kibble farms from being active, since the structure can do this function. Adding a structure like this couple with lower active tribe limit would possibly work. Still doubt WC would do the work to create this system. I think the Extinction cryo storage blocks will be locked behind tek and not accessable to everyone, therefore do nothing for tame cap.

Honestly I don't think they (cryo storage blocks) will be used much in PvE if "unfreezing" a dino will require an open slot on the server and thus may not be possible. There are tribes who genuinely want the game to work for everyone and are more than willing to kill off some of their tames if anyone needs a slot, but then there's also hoarders and storage tribes camping obelisks and transmitters to download their stuff as soon as a slot opens up, just to only come back once a week to feed and reset. Noone wants this to happen, and that's where the cat bites its tail. On the other hand if the box itself takes a slot, they won't help with the cap.

The main problem imo is that you can't fix people. If everyone played with responisibility and a sense of social behavior, cap would be much less a problem. Also, if WC had reacted in time when servers first got capped after release, people would feel less need to hoard. I mean, leaving us with capped servers for half a year without a single sign of them even taking notice and then throwing in a handful of new servers is just ridiculous. Then they just moved on to abandon PvE alltogether and mass releasing new PvP servers and modes. This isn't helping with cap at all.

You're absolutely right with PvE just being "PvP without PvP", and any PvP nerf or fix is just carried over 1:1 regardless if it makes any sense at all, while issues that only occur in PvE aren't addressed at all. Just turning all PvE servers into PvP ones would be the easiest thing for sure, but also the worst possible choice lol. We've paid for the game and contributed to the community as much as PvP players have, them ignoring us is bad enough, slapping us across the face like that would be inacceptable.

What I was thinking of is storage servers with different settings, like higher egg rates, lower food consumption, only passive wildlife to allow lower structure limit in favor of higher tame limit, mating of egg layers allowed, but no incubation. With that in place, lowered tribe tame limit of 200 or even less on regular servers. All it would require is a set of storage servers and a change in settings, probably half a day's work. Region lock would be great too.

A friend a played with had 1k+ (think ha had 1080 or there around, other on the server had similar amounts) dinos when dino cap was unleashed on the servers, he took ppl's dinos into care if they went on vacation or stopped, that why he had that manny.

So he count tame any dinos himself but he wasent mad he just reduced the number of dinos to 490 i think so he where able to tame again.

37 minutes ago, IMan said:

A friend a played with had 1k+ (think ha had 1080 or there around, other on the server had similar amounts) dinos when dino cap was unleashed on the servers, he took ppl's dinos into care if they went on vacation or stopped, that why he had that manny.

So he count tame any dinos himself but he wasent mad he just reduced the number of dinos to 490 i think so he where able to tame again.

This isn't about tribe/personal tame cap. It is about server tame cap, which prevents everyone from taming/breeding.

I know of people who had 2 full tribes on one server, went to a fresh one and tamed everything in sight just to fill tribe cap. Another tribe just had 400+ jerboas and a stego. A guy on my SE server killed 100+ of his dinos to get rid of cap for a while, a few hours later it was capped again. And this is why you think twice before you kill even one of your tames. In order to be able to tame or even mate egg layers, you need to keep at least a few spaceholders for yourself, just because there's greedy morons out there with whole tribes full of spaceholders and disposeables. It's really pathetic.

Even if WC just lowered tribe tame cap, tribes would split up or get alt accounts. And this would change nothing. The problem is human nature.

2 hours ago, Eanaya said:

The main problem imo is that you can't fix people

Exactly right.

Even if 99% of PvE players want to be cooperative, it only takes 1 to mess things up.

I dont think there is a good way to deal with caps only thing I tough about is cap pr. player and if that player joins a established tribe the tribes cap will be raised that tribes cap limited, but that brings on it own problems... (Restrictions do that normally)

"Server cap was implemented to reduce lag if I'm not correct..." 

yea i agree with it being human nature and its not going to be fixed any time soon, we have been dealing with tame cap for awhile now that people like myself got accustomed to it. You have to find a server that do not have selfish and inconsiderate people that tame 100+ jerboas just to fill up tame cap, and if so maybe negotiate with them or perhaps even join them. 

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Even if WC just lowered tribe tame cap, tribes would split up or get alt accounts. And this would change nothing. The problem is human nature.

Maybe if it's going hand in hand with storage servers where you can keep unused dinos and kibble farms in a save environment with the benefits of getting more eggs, lower food consumption and maybe even longer decay times, it could work. Many, if not most PvE tribes are 1-3 man tribes, many are far from tribe cap also. Egg farms would vanish from servers as they'd function better on storage servers (higher egg laying rates, less need for food), unused dinos wouldn't have to be put into other regular servers.

Still, the problem that remains is hoarders and those who will go out of their way to have as many tames as possible and cap servers on purpose. Those would have to be punished hard, but that would require more attention from WC and quicker reaction to tickets, so I can't really see that happen.

Like you said, it takes only one to mess things up. If only this weren't so true.

WC's original response to everything in so many words "It's Early Access, what do you expect you idiot gtfo!" 

WC's response now "      "

I'm going to assume they're focusing on future projects and just keeping Ark running enough to keep people from completely abandoning ship. You'll see a very predictable curve where tons of people come back to check out the new DLC then as quickly as they came, they'll leave - no joke. Rinse & Repeat. When things get very very bad, they'll have some "best sale ever summer sale" BS. They intentionally overvalue their games so they can mark it at 60% off yet still make a huge profit. 

I think as far as this Ark version exist, you wont see them fixing stuff quickly at all. And now that the Chinese own the game, I doubt you'll see them region lock with the primary intention being to block the Chinese out.. so when will this be fixed? Not anytime soon. 

It won't ever get fixed, long as our greed persist. Creating a new server for the said purpose will only get them to bring most of their dino inside and still keep the server capped through taming unnecessary dinos. There really isn't a way to fix this dumb issue. And before anyone get started on removing the server cap, it exists to maintain the server connection.

Archived