DINO CAPPED OFFICAL PvE

Kardainz

Hello, I recently brought not only myself, but 2 other copys of ark, hey I love single player but you get to a point its kinda boring not being able to show off your dino's. So just a really good question, How's DINO cap treating you? I can't join a server what so ever because there is nothing to tame, no horsies will take my rock carrots, no bigger dino's will want to be my friends... So whats the point of buying 3 ARK games when I can't do anything on offical servers? (Please don't tell me to go to PvP, I didn't spend 3x to hear that thankyou =), )

(Oh recently = last year)

25 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

There is always unofficial servers.

Thats not what the game/product was sold as, to use a secondary server that was not provided by the company selling its product.

To be honest, It seems to me aiming for a refund, since I can not tame anything on servers that are classed as official, I only play PvE, 3 copy's and the game has come to  a stop since Prior to buying I was never told about the fact that my game play may be stopped due to not being able to play it as it was intended (Mainly not being able to tame anything, which is 99% of the progress/playing of Ark). How ever thank you for your comment.

Refund. Cap has been a problem for almost as long as the game's left pre release, and even before that on some servers. Nothing has been, is, or will be done about it because WC don't care about PvE. Many suggestions have been made, cap has been reported at least a million times, so far no single word of them about how or even if they are going to address it. Instead, SE has just recently been made easy enough for every idiot to play on with the results that these servers are finally capped for good now as well. Next will be that they allow ALL creatures on Aberration, so we can cap these servers too, and then say they did EVERYTHING to solve the problem...

3 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

Refund. Cap has been a problem for almost as long as the game's left pre release, and even before that on some servers. Nothing has been, is, or will be done about it because WC don't care about PvE. Many suggestions have been made, cap has been reported at least a million times, so far no single word of them about how or even if they are going to address it. Instead, SE has just recently been made easy enough for every idiot to play on with the results that these servers are finally capped for good now as well. Next will be that they allow ALL creatures on Aberration, so we can cap these servers too, and then say they did EVERYTHING to solve the problem...

They did change the cap, lol. They lowered cap because the servers were becoming unplayable. The server tame cap used to be about twice as much...

45 minutes ago, Kardainz said:

Hello, I recently brought not only myself, but 2 other copys of ark, hey I love single player but you get to a point its kinda boring not being able to show off your dino's. So just a really good question, How's DINO cap treating you? I can't join a server what so ever because there is nothing to tame, no horsies will take my rock carrots, no bigger dino's will want to be my friends... So whats the point of buying 3 ARK games when I can't do anything on offical servers? (Please don't tell me to go to PvP, I didn't spend 3x to hear that thankyou =), )

not sure why you would buy 3x copies of the game all at once.

Did you get them on sale at least? LOL

cap will always be a problem as long as breeding mutations and kibble system remains broken.

8 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

They did change the cap, lol. They lowered cap because the servers were becoming unplayable. The server tame cap used to be about twice as much...

When was that? I think I remember that early in pre release there was no (or a much higher) server tame limit in place, if you mean that. Maybe it's been lowered again after it first was added, but from how I see it we started with a ridiculously low number of servers (not nearly as many as Legacy ones were shut down before full release), were left to play on capped servers for half a year, long enough for people to turn into greedy pricks who force cap any new server within weeks now. Then, SE, as one of the two maps that has never been suffering from cap, got longer spoil timers and "better" TEK performance. It started with the TEK Rexes, but in these past few weeks since the change, I saw people flooding our SE server like crazy, capping it within days. That has nothing to do with lowered tame cap, unless it happened last weekend, and STILL that would not explain why all other maps have been capped for so long.

9 hours ago, Kardainz said:

To be honest, It seems to me aiming for a refund

You can't refund on steam if more than 2 weeks since purchase date or more than 2 hours played.

Other than that, you can refund games as many times with no question asked even though Steam will send you an email suggesting that you read a review first before purchasing lol, but they still allow refund. Useful when on sale like xmas or summer sale then buying frenzy activated but not all is as good as expected. :D

--------------

Tame capped problem is like a rush money in a bank. When a bank has an issue or rumor that it will go bankrupt, people will panic and rush to withdraw, even a healthy bank will collapse. The same with tame capped server, it has happened before but not widely spread, but now every pve server is tame capped and it's widespread ppl know that, so everyone playing pve will always reserve slots with easy tames or rafts, and that quicken the tame capped situation. 

I am playing on a server with 2500 ingame days when I joined, and it's already tame capped. There is also FRESH server cluster but last I read someone complained about it being tame capped and I believe it's fewer than 2500 days. Like I said it's like a rush money in a bank, even a FRESH server will be tame-capped in no time. :D It's a no brainer.

B7JQb.png

If wildcard would deal with trolls like this there would also be less tamecap issue(a chinese tribe wants my spot at blue obelisk and keeps putting a ton of dino's in front of my outpost so I cant get out and do bosses. The thatch is from ramp I had to climb over the bronto but they kept putting stuff on that too so I just demo'd it)

Imo, a server tame limit problem can be solved by a dino storage, it will store dinoes as files. Then the dinoes will all just be files with icons and numbers on it. The same with stones or woods or thatches, ppl can have tons of the same type of materials because they're not objects in the game world, they're just icons with numbers on it put into storages. 

The game had 9500 dinoes limit from an old tweet by a dev, but people are saying it's been reduced to like 5000 or cmiiw.

vdjHELl.png

20 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

B7JQb.png

If wildcard would deal with trolls like this there would also be less tamecap issue(a chinese tribe wants my spot at blue obelisk and keeps putting a ton of dino's in front of my outpost so I cant get out and do bosses. The thatch is from ramp I had to climb over the bronto but they kept putting stuff on that too so I just demo'd it)

You can report griefing, they have something like Code of Conduct terms, and that qualifies to be reported.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

Building at their base

Blocking in other tribes dinos

Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, etc)

Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames and/or rafts

----------

I have a screenshot that maybe qualifies to be reported too, they hoard too many dinoes of the same kind that's not too useful, but imo they're not wrong, I can do the same to reserve slots. 

IrSMayc.jpg

They have to fix their game, not policing players and make us snitches. In your case that guy deserves to be reported.

20 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

You can report griefing, they have something like Code of Conduct terms, and that qualifies to be reported.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

> Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvE servers. This can include but is not limited to:

Building at their base

Blocking in other tribes dinos

Blocking access in/out of a tribes base

Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access

Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, etc)

Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames and/or rafts

----------

I have a screenshot that maybe qualifies to be reported too, they hoard too many dinoes of the same kind that's not too useful, but imo they're not wrong, I can do the same to reserve slots. 

IrSMayc.jpg

They have to fix their game, not policing players and make us snitches. In your case that guy deserves to be reported.

Good luck getting a fast response...

5 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Good luck getting a fast response...

Lol exactly my response when I was told about CoC.

Anyway, you can try to grief the person back. Do the same thing as him or, go to his base, bring a lot of pipes or cables, last time I tried, pipes and cables could be placed even in other people's base, but he can do the same to you.

1 minute ago, DonaldDuck said:

Lol exactly my response when I was told about CoC.

Anyway, you can try to grief the person back. Do the same thing as him or, go to his base, bring a lot of pipes or cables, last time I tried, pipes and cables could be placed even in other people's base, but he can do the same to you.

Pretty sure griefing back is against the rules too, and I'd rather not get banned

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2018 at 1:30 AM, Demerus said:

not sure why you would buy 3x copies of the game all at once.

Did you get them on sale at least? LOL

cap will always be a problem as long as breeding mutations and kibble system remains broken.

Havn't logged in here in a while, and don't use the forums, but yeah I brought my first ark at arounds 28$ AUD, so 20 USD maybe at the time, then the two other copys whilst on maybe 50%+ special I can't remember, but yeah wasn't willing to pay 80$ AUD for the 2nd 2, thanks for your reply ?

On 8/2/2018 at 10:46 AM, Kardainz said:

This has been the biggest complain I have heard about ARK. Problem is the kibble system, tribes hoard 10-20 dinos of each type for the eggs instead of having a few for eggs. If WC would change the kibble though it wouldn't solve it at this point, everyone has already collect the dinos, they are not just gonna kill them off, they would keep them to prevent other tribes from joining the server.

Your not going to get the response you desire. All of us PVE’rs are on the same boat as you and we can’t expect the company nor others here on the forums to understand our frustration and animosity towards this issue in particular. We’ve been calling for resolutions to this PVE related issue for literally over a year now. The ONLY solution is to start over on a server AS SOON as it comes live and rush to cap your tribe. That’s literally it. Oh, and pillar block, harass, and decentivize Ling Lings gang from making your server their home or dino storage facility. They like to make 3-4 tribes under an alliance although they are all friends/relatives/groupies/buddies/etc to take advantage of the 500 cap per tribe. 

I suggest they implement proximity timers to replace the login to keep your stuffs.  If you don't move your character near your stuffs once a week you should loose everything.  That would get rid of the lazy hats that are not actually playing the game.  Have it apply to Official servers only.

It is not a bad suggestion to go to unOfficial servers per se.  But those defending (adamantly) the unOfficials are refusing to address the special problems associated with unOfficials.  Mainly MODS MODS MODS MODS MODS we who play Official DON'T WANT MODS MODS MODS MOD MODS but are requesting a vanilla experience.  So until you can address this issue stop your debate.  Not hearing you until you come up with an answer to your MOD problem.

As far as official servers go if you are new you may have to shop around or compromise and play on a Beginner server.  I am on Beginner 430 and welcome you to my OFFICIAL NOT MODDED vanilla like the game is intended to be played experience.  You will be level capped at 44 but you can tame dinos and breed them silly.  Please don't spam rafts tho as that does take up server dino room.  Being on a level capped server is not as bad as it might seem.  You really are not missing out because you can hunt blueprints and the BP's are not level capped.  So if you stay and hunt the caves you end up with all the high level stuff anyway.  Plus we have an active trade because the BP have meaning.  And more lets-work-together attitude. 

If you do try out Beginner, beware, we have a troll that logs in changing his/r name and pretended to friend so he can vandalize tribes and destroy trust.  We just keep watch for him and call him out in chat when discovered.

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

I suggest they implement proximity timers to replace the login to keep your stuffs.  If you don't move your character near your stuffs once a week you should loose everything.  That would get rid of the lazy hats that are not actually playing the game.  Have it apply to Official servers only.

This is already how it works. You already have to render your own structures and dinos to reset their decay timers.

Archived