Stop telling me how to play the game I paid for

prodigy1202

Disclaimer: I am not addressing all PVP’ers here, only the ones who have actually condescended on PVE players. I’m aware that not all pvp’ers do this. I’m aware that the majority of pvp’ers don’t do this. I’m talking to those of you who put yourselves above PVE’ers for whatever reason. You probably know who you are.

First let’s start where we agree: Ark is a game that everybody who plays it paid for with the exception of mobile players.

Now let’s get into the stuff that people my try and dispute. Ark is an open world sandbox survival game. Open world meaning that you don’t really have to be anywhere at any time in particular. There is little-to-no linearity to it, and sandbox meaning that you can build whatever you want, and pretty much do whatever you want. The only rule is that you have to stay alive to do so. That’s what makes it a survival game. One of the things that draws people into Ark is the fact that you can play pretty much however you want:

So why is it that so often I see people who play on PVP servers bullying those who play on PVE exclusively because it’s PVE. Is PVP harder? Yes! As a matter of fact it’s too much harder because Official servers are broken, but that’s a different discussion entirely. I belong to the Ark Facebook group. I saw it a lot more often then. Somebody would post a video of them completing a boss battle, and some PVP’er would come in with “sorry, but that doesn’t count since it’s on PVE.” Seriously. What is that. Just thought I’d post this little PSA: just because you’re on a PVP server doesn’t make you the master race, so stop acting like it.

1 minute ago, prodigy1202 said:

Disclaimer: I am not addressing all PVP’ers here, only the ones who have actually condescended on PVE players. I’m aware that not all pvp’ers do this. I’m aware that the majority of pvp’ers don’t do this. I’m talking to those of you who put yourselves above PVE’ers for whatever reason. You probably know who you are.

First let’s start where we agree: Ark is a game that everybody who plays it paid for with the exception of mobile players.

Now let’s get into the stuff that people my try and dispute. Ark is an open world sandbox survival game. Open world meaning that you don’t really have to be anywhere at any time in particular. There is little-to-no linearity to it, and sandbox meaning that you can build whatever you want, and pretty much do whatever you want. The only rule is that you have to stay alive to do so. That’s what makes it a survival game. One of the things that draws people into Ark is the fact that you can play pretty much however you want:

So why is it that so often I see people who play on PVP servers bullying those who play on PVE exclusively because it’s PVE. Is PVP harder? Yes! As a matter of fact it’s too much harder because Official servers are broken, but that’s a different discussion entirely. I belong to the Ark Facebook group. I saw it a lot more often then. Somebody would post a video of them completing a boss battle, and some PVP’er would come in with “sorry, but that doesn’t count since it’s on PVE.” Seriously. What is that. Just thought I’d post this little PSA: just because you’re on a PVP server doesn’t make you the master race, so stop acting like it.

PVE = borderline role play 

PVP = Act like a DireWolf and ruin weeks of work for people that are weaker than you.

Which of these two types of players do you thing are generally going to be more aggressive and act like bullies?

1 minute ago, prodigy1202 said:

Honestly it’s  just sad cause ya know it’s just because they’re the little fish in the pond irl that they do it, but it’s still annoying.

Don’t let anybody ruin your fun, remember the old saying sticks and stones.  There’s nothing wrong with enjoying PVE, PVP, single player, or even modded ARK.  Whatever gets your rocks off.

This is generally why I don't like PvP Servers in ARK. People act all high and mighty thinking they dominate everything and everyone, when they are just players like all of us. People who think their opinions matters just because they play that server "and dominate it" are just idiots wanting a kick in their karma-tic bucket.

52 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

those facebook groups are cancer. Stay away.

The same animosity is expressed to those who play unofficial. Everyone gets their fair share of BS.

The reason why PVP players look down on PVE players is simply because no matter how you try and frame it PVE is basically the lesser mode. Now I'm not trying to be condescending but that is simply how it is. Its like in motor racing there is Formula 1 the top tier, which attracts the best drivers and the best teams and then you have Formula 3 which consists of far less experienced drivers who aspire to reach Formula 1 but most never make it.

The other thing is PVE players are an incredibly demanding bunch. If I go on this forum on any given day the majority of threads complaining about something will be from PVE players. The same is true for the Suggestions Forum, it is full of PVE players demanding ridiculous and absolutely pointless things that cannot work. It seems like PVE players have a bad general understanding of the game and in particular what the game engine is capable of achieving.

I'm not one to criticize PVE players, if they want to play in a mode that is basically a farming simulator then that their is completely their choice but I can completely understand why other less sympathetic PVP players would look down at this.

Play whatever you want its just a game man.

That said achievements in PVE and PVP are not comparable in the slightest.  Majority of official PVP players will never get to do say an alpha Rockwell, getting to that stage of the game on official PVP is damn hard. When you run into someone with an alpha ascension implant on PVP, you know it means something.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The reason why PVP players look down on PVE players is simply because no matter how you try and frame it PVE is basically the lesser mode. Now I'm not trying to be condescending but that is simply how it is. Its like in motor racing there is Formula 1 the top tier, which attracts the best drivers and the best teams and then you have Formula 3 which consists of far less experienced drivers who aspire to reach Formula 1 but most never make it.

The other thing is PVE players are an incredibly demanding bunch. If I go on this forum on any given day the majority of threads complaining about something will be from PVE players. The same is true for the Suggestions Forum, it is full of PVE players demanding ridiculous and absolutely pointless things that cannot work. It seems like PVE players have a bad general understanding of the game and in particular what the game engine is capable of achieving.

I'm not one to criticize PVE players, if they want to play in a mode that is basically a farming simulator then that their is completely their choice but I can completely understand why other less sympathetic PVP players would look down at this.

Not one to criticize, yet your entire post is full of opinionated criticism. Seems legit. 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

PvP master race in action here. Bashes everyone who plays differently from them, especially if it’s not PvP. Toxic is an understatement.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Its like in motor racing there is Formula 1 the top tier, which attracts the best drivers and the best teams and then you have Formula 3 which consists of far less experienced drivers who aspire to reach Formula 1 but most never make it.

It's rather "Formula 1" and "some completely different sport that doesn't try to be or want to do anything like Formula 1"

Or since I don't care about Motorsports, apples and pears. Both exist, none is "superior".

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Suggestions Forum, it is full of PVE players demanding ridiculous and absolutely pointless things that cannot work

People in the suggestion forum are suggesting things, not demanding. That's what it is for.

How can you tell that someone who is discussing SE+Thunderstorms+Arthepleura is a pve or pvp player for example?

People that play on PvP are often also play on PvE server too and vice versa, so comparing and bashing one another shouldn't happen in the first place because those are game modes and not about difficulty.

PvP does NOT mean it's harder than PvE, it's just the nature of the game mode to include versus player. It is what it is and NOT about difficulty, it's about game mode.

Those who bash pve ppl might get wiped too often and to lick their wounded prides they bash people that don't play the same game mode as them, again it's not about difficulty, it's about the game mode we chose.

Fairly new player here. I only play PVE official.

I think of it like this - its an online game, and like most online game someone out there is always going to devalue, bash, bully, berate, belittle someone else.

Try not to let it bother you, as in the grand scheme of things it doesnt really matter. There are far more important things in life to concern yourself with than the rantings of some random individual you'll never know or meet.

I'm having more and more trouble seeing people that just don't get it. You either get it or you don't and last few years I only meet and see people who don't get it. 

There two types of people playing Ark (in generalisation):

- The PvP'er: (over/hyper)active, drama seeker, willing to risk it all (play hours), has to be superior over someone to feel good (no matter who). 

- The PvE'er: Simply not gonna invest 2.000 hours into a game for a poophead to destroy it all, wants to have fun and enjoy his/her time, doesn't want to be bound to mandatory online times if something happens. 

But overall, who gives a damn? 

Don't spend energy on people who don't deserve your energy. This includes negative energy (getting mad is exhausting lol) 

• Volunteer Moderator

I suggest you reply to the comments in your facebook post. Locking as this is just a pvp vs pve bashing topic. 

Ending a post with a comment like this is just asking for a hate thread. 

Just thought I’d post this little PSA: just because you’re on a PVP server doesn’t make you the master race, so stop acting like it.

Archived