baomorph

8 minutes ago, baomorph said:

So I have seen people doing boss runs from inside their base. I have looked on the wiki to see how it is done. I am assuming it is either from the tek transmitter or the tek teleporter, However the wiki does not confirm either. Can someone please help me on this?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Tek_Transmitter

"The Tek Transmitter is an end-game tool in ARK: Survival Evolved. It functions as a portable Obelisk."

It blows my mind why the tek transmitter cannot do this. Must be a PvP balance thing where they want to force you out in the open to force fighting or something. I play PvE and in PvE having transmitters be able to summon boss fights would be a balancing thing and would  help to de-clutter the obelisks which are currently crowed with 3-8 tribes, 20-60/each tribe, boss fighting dinos.

1 hour ago, Midnight_ said:

It blows my mind why the tek transmitter cannot do this. Must be a PvP balance thing where they want to force you out in the open to force fighting or something. I play PvE and in PvE having transmitters be able to summon boss fights would be a balancing thing and would  help to de-clutter the obelisks which are currently crowed with 3-8 tribes, 20-60/each tribe, boss fighting dinos.

Yes its partially for PVP balance, just like why PVP players scratch their heads as to why all these stupid dinos keep moving their annoying heads towards them because some PVE player wanted that feature.

I'll happily trade you a PVE Tek Transmitter that lets you do boss fights if us PVP players can have tamed dinos that stand like statues when not in use.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yes its partially for PVP balance, just like why PVP players scratch their heads as to why all these stupid dinos keep moving their annoying heads towards them because some PVE player wanted that feature.

I'll happily trade you a PVE Tek Transmitter that lets you do boss fights if us PVP players can have tamed dinos that stand like statues when not in use.

Hmm. You can already disable that behavior in the menu "Ally Looking":

Xgxydbb.jpg

Let me know when you will deliver my new Transmitter, I will make sure to be home. Thanks in advance! ;)

On 12/3/2017 at 11:36 PM, baomorph said:

So I have seen people doing boss runs from inside their base. I have looked on the wiki to see how it is done. I am assuming it is either from the tek transmitter or the tek teleporter, However the wiki does not confirm either. Can someone please help me on this?

You can use the supply drops to initiate boss fights.

On 5. 12. 2017 at 2:56 AM, Midnight_ said:

I totally agree with this. We also clutter one obelisk just for monthly boss kill to power tek generator.

This was an option at one point. Until they let you place it in a pve base and suck all of another tribes dinos into a boss fight. Gg pve pvp is genius.

4 hours ago, Itrytoohard said:

This was an option at one point. Until they let you place it in a pve base and suck all of another tribes dinos into a boss fight. Gg pve pvp is genius.

So instead of disabling the placement of the transmitter near another tribe's structures they disabled the ability to open boss portals with it...

I'm starting to think they have Homer Simpson making the decisions at Wildcard.

4 hours ago, Vrallox said:

So instead of disabling the placement of the transmitter near another tribe's structures they disabled the ability to open boss portals with it...

Yeah, Homer Simpson probably saw a tribe who was raiding a base get their attacking animals sucked into a boss fight. It was a fun strat while it lasted though.

Hopefully they find a better way of implementing it in the future, it was a really nice way to circumvent the obelisk griefers. 

15 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Yeah, Homer Simpson probably saw a tribe who was raiding a base get their attacking animals sucked into a boss fight. It was a fun strat while it lasted though.

Hopefully they find a better way of implementing it in the future, it was a really nice way to circumvent the obelisk griefers. 

Hehe. That does seem like a Homer Simpson reason for making that change: Losing animals because attackers failed to notice the giant boss portal. "D'oh! Where'd that huge portal come from?!"

I'm with you in hoping a better fix is used. The closest supply drop is right on the edge of a cliff. I can squeeze 19 rexes and a yuti in there but it's a really tight fit. Half the portal's in the air.

I really don't want to take up space around an obelisk considering how much people use them on my server but I might do that eventually. Every time we get back from a boss fight roughly half the animals are dumped off the cliff. xD

On 12/3/2017 at 10:38 PM, Stevensb21 said:

I hope that gets added when they put S+ into the game, its kind of annoying having to move all your boss dinos to and from the obi everytime u want to fight a boss because every1 else has all their rexes around the obi taking up all the room

You can just hit up a known supply beacon that would be outside your base. When the initial light shows up you have plenty of time to move your dinosaurs to the landing site.

22 hours ago, Vrallox said:

This right here. lazy and dumb. they should just not allow a transmitter to be placed inside other ppls structures at all

Archived