Jen

Legacy Official PVE Server Backups

Recommended Posts

Hey Survivors,

You can now download the save files of all Legacy PVE servers. The PC save files are available at the following link:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-legacy-pve-saves

At this time, we will not be providing the save files for any PVP server which is currently online.

On 11/09/2017 at 8:33 PM, lilpanda said:

If you're wanting to use the save data in singleplayer follow these steps (Depending on the map, Step 2 will vary):

Step 1. Extract the zip into a folder of your choice.

Step 2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal {alternatively: TheCenterSavedArksLocal, RagnarokSavedArksLocal, ScorchedEarth_PSavedArksLocal}. If the folder does not exist, create it.

Step 3. Copy the files from the unzipped folder in Step 1 and paste them into the directory above. NOTE: This will override any save data you have in this folder already. Specifically your character and map save so back those up if those exist already.

Step 4. Launch your game and enjoy the nostalgia!

Note: You can also do this using a hosted server. You may need to check with your host for the correct save location.

If you are on console, you can host any Legacy save using Nitrado. In your Nitrado panel, navigate on the left-hand side to Tools > Official Import. From there you can choose the backup save for your Official server.

We also have a list of deprecated official servers, which were taken offline at the beginning of September. Those save files if you wish to use them can be found on this post, or also through Nitrado:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jen said:

For console, yes. We cannot provide saves in a downloadable format without the use of a third-party like Nitrado.

Can we host them on unofficial from other providers such as eternalhosting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Jen!!! I have an important question:

When the Win10 cross play (play anywhere) becomes available in December, can we download/use the save file from an official Xbox server?

ie: Rent an Xbox server, import the official save, then grab that save for the Win 10 cross play when available?

Or better yet, will you make the downloads available directly when Win 10 personal servers are a thing in December?

Also, what's the timing like? Are the Nitrado imports a snapshot in time (i.e.: today) or are they sync'd with still running official servers that haven't shut down yet?

I'm expecting an announcement (gut feeling) that all legacy's will be going away. Best case scenario IMO is that it coincides with Win 10 release, with downloads made available at that time from official Xbox pve servers sync'd in time to the day Win 10 releases. I don't suppose you'd be willing to verify that this wish may come true? :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jen @lilpanda Thanks for the saves!! Would it be possible to get template config files for PvE so we can have the exact same configs as officials? Launched the save of the server I was playing on and stats multiplier are different, structures have no decay timers, etc. and I really don't know where to start looking and I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one and having templates would definitely be appreciated, thank you!

8 minutes ago, catnip said:

Thanks so much, there's only one problem. My game gets to the same point and freezes: TheIsland_Ruins

 

Wait. It is still loading, can take few minutes to load on your own machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

@Jen @lilpanda Thanks for the saves!! Would it be possible to get template config files for PvE so we can have the exact same configs as officials? Launched the save of the server I was playing on and stats multiplier are different, structures have no decay timers, etc. and I really don't know where to start looking and I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one and having templates would definitely be appreciated, thank you!

Wait. It is still loading, can take few minutes to load on your own machine.

I did let it sit there, but maybe not long enough. Will try again and let you know.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catnip said:

I did let it sit there, but maybe not long enough. Will try again and let you know.

Thanks!

My game also stops at that point, both with the Island and Scorched. Waiting does nothing; the smokey background still moves and the music still plays but after an hour of waiting I just closed the game.

This problem has been going on for over a year. It's happened with 3 different computers. I can't say I believe it's caused by anything other than the game itself. I was ready to be so grateful to the devs for finally releasing PvE server saves. Now I can't even play them and am forced to continue upkeep online.

Long past time for a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a side note, open your Task Manager and check the memory usage of ShooterGame.exe. Even if it is stuck at ruins, you will still see it gradually increase which means resources are being loaded. Also, hosting the save of my legacy server locally was using about 11gb out of 32gb. So if you don't have enough, it might explains why it never finishes to load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When have the saves been taken?

Will there be another "save point" later in for every server?

I will keep playing on legacy until the very end, but it would suck when in three monts all I have is the save from now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

As a side note, open your Task Manager and check the memory usage of ShooterGame.exe. Even if it is stuck at ruins, you will still see it gradually increase which means resources are being loaded. Also, hosting the save of my legacy server locally was using about 11gb out of 32gb. So if you don't have enough, it might explains why it never finishes to load.

DbPS2AanRNOpEm1Vm28RAg.png  still have 8.3gb free ram. But still stuck then dont speak bulpoop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pendaluxs said:

DbPS2AanRNOpEm1Vm28RAg.png  still have 8.3gb free ram. But still stuck then dont speak bulpoop

Check the memory while you are at ruins, it will continue to increase meaning that it is still loading. Also, 61.7% CPU seems VERY high. Give it time, and it will fully load. The patience is definitely your problem here. The saves are working for me and I'm just trying to give you guys solution/idea as to why they are not working so please keep your frustrations for you instead of attacking people saying they talk poop because you have problems that are clearly on your side. Thank you.

 

PS: I will always speak 30px-Feces.png?version=e2ec286b53f3e0b30 if I want. ;)

Edited by invincibleqc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asia Pve 523 a tribe lock all the Obis and caves,We can't challenge Boss and download or upload Dino and stuff. We're not English speaker,  we don't know what to do to get support,can anyone teach me what to do? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AR0AMZ said:

Asia Pve 523 a tribe lock all the Obis and caves,We can't challenge Boss and download or upload Dino and stuff. We're not English speaker,  we don't know what to do to get support,can anyone teach me what to do? Thank you!

Unfortunately, there is no support on legacy servers. Your best bet is to talk to them. :( Also, this is not really the best place to post that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now