MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish

But because they only just came up, how would they be inactive? That's the criteria for the kill list isn't it?

37 minutes ago, Iimmy said:

Something else very clear, especially from that list.

Only 46 PVE servers are getting wiped, just goes to show what people are playing.

Lol no, there is a lot of low pop pvp servers because when one tribe wipes everyone out and locks down a server for farming/breeding and is extremely well defended against greifers, they tend to have low pop. There are plenty of pvp servers, it's just that pve players can't handle taking a loss and qq about it every day lol. On PvE, everyone is evenly dispersed, whereas on pvp, people are all clumped in the forts and only the farmers are on low pop servers.

So no, it doesn't 'go to show' what people are playing.

Blue and I will need to find a new game and with the lies fed to us from Wild Card, we do not plan on purchasing another title from this company again. We PAID EXTRA for DLC, we are still the first to go up for deletion. Forget the 2 free dlc maps they made. It has been hard, but fun to build up to this point, though we cannot find it in our hearts to do it all over again. Moving this many dinos in 5 days is not do-able. Updates to this game have never had their communities in mind, only kissing the asses of the PvP players who play PvP to wipe each other off the map, which is no supposed to happen in PvE. Goodbye Wild Card and your piss poor community management.

To whom it clearly does not concern:

I've spent an unhealthy amount of time playing your game. I won't make any outrageous claims but I know I am one of the top 10 Wyvern trainers in this world. I've done every stroke of work by myself on relentless Scorched Earth, a game I paid for AFTER purchasing the Vanilla Ark. I mined every rock, chopped every tree, tamed almost every dino pictured, fed, irrigated, and settled in. I milked *every* wild Wyvern that raised the nearly 100 Wyverns I have hatched since January 17th, SOLO, on an official Primitive ARK Server. I can advertise all this here without any drawback whatsoever because the idea of wiping entire servers has become appealing even to developers of the game. The folks that created this game, the people I believed in, paid, and supported, are telling me that they intend to demolish everything I hold dear after I spent months fighting to attain it. There is very little empathy, no intellect, and no regard for the amount of time/energy people put into this game, factored into this decision. I have endured months of "tweaks" and server rollbacks, glitches, and trolls kiting me ALL TO BE WIPED BY THE DEVELOPERS. This bottles down to dollars and cents. It is truly appalling. "Oh you can take this official stuff and keep it on an unofficial server to make you feel better." Yea. Right.

If you sought to alienate some of your most loyal players and simultaneously humiliate yourselves as a gaming company then I salute you for your candor and for your efficiency. I apologize for spending months of my life building an empire from scratch. Thank you for the good times & I am happy to have had the opportunity to take part but don't piss down my back and tell me "it's raining." I don't know why I am wasting my time posting this because if anyone TRULY cared this wouldn't be happening to begin with. I had some of the best video game times I will ever have on ARK and this was the biggest most insulting dismissal of my life. Breakups with girlfriends, financial poverty, and participation in global warfare would be preferable to losing all of this. I tried to upload pictures but they've got you cornered everywhere you turn: max upload file is .39MB so I can't post any pictures but I have several dozen already uploaded to onedrive and downloaded in library so I have evidence to support my claim despite not being able to provide it in this format.

I have never relied on anybody but myself; and I am certainly sorry for ever purchasing this game (NO REFUNDS LOL)

RIP ARK

2 hours ago, Drinkinthepink said:

Lol no, there is a lot of low pop pvp servers because when one tribe wipes everyone out and locks down a server for farming/breeding and is extremely well defended against greifers, they tend to have low pop. There are plenty of pvp servers, it's just that pve players can't handle taking a loss and qq about it every day lol. On PvE, everyone is evenly dispersed, whereas on pvp, people are all clumped in the forts and only the farmers are on low pop servers.

So no, it doesn't 'go to show' what people are playing.

When one tribe wipes everyone out and locks down a server for farming/breeding, that statement is exactly why I don't play PVP.

But yes I agree, 2 totally different play styles and servers will be spread out differently. But this does not mean PVE players can not "handle taking a loss", it means they enjoy the PVE aspect of the game more than the PVP. Kind of a stupid comment to throw at probably more than half the Ark community. 

And it does kind of show what people are playing you only have to look at the forums to see this, unless you have a large tribe and have allot of time to be online PVP at the moment is just not enjoyable. So PVE is always going to be a more popular game type for the masses. 

hey there! remember me? :D
I was one of the first few "forever newbie" tribe on your server! not that I think it rang a bell because it was 2 years ago. so let me try to refresh your memory

I started when ark first launched. I joined your pvp server because a streamer was playing and she was all so excited about a pteradon being added to the game. I went on in and joined their tribe as a helper or sort while learning how to play the game (there was no wiki at that time)

a few days later my tribe got invaded by one of your tribe mates who jumped into the dino pen using a raptor and killed a trike. his excuse was "I thought it's a wild and its low level". he offered me to help tame a few new dinos at level 20 (cap was 30 back then) but I refused because he could easily kill me when he's all geared up.

then a few days after that my entire tribe got wiped because we're all wood and a carno can destroy wooden structures.

we rebuilt, and subsequently got wiped again, while we did nothing to anybody except having fun and exploring the map.

and from what I've heard, you guys went around killing all tribes that builds in wood and can't find enough metal to get a fort going. I wrote in global chat saying "if you keep go around wiping everyone else every day every time you're gonna end up with no one playing with you." and I left for pve.

I did come back once when the streamer decides to give ark another whirl. not sure if they are the same group of people but definitely the same tribe name were still around. I saw you having a big base in the same spot, and uhh...not sure if you knew but there are blind spots in your plant x emplacement lol I managed to walk by your base and get to the red obo to move my pvp character to another server :D

fast forward to today,  2 years  and 2 months later, I see that pvp server in the kill list. this brings back so many memories. I'm not sure to laugh at those players in that tribe (pretty sure they are still playing) or to weep with them, because getting wiped by players is one thing, getting wiped by the devs is permanent.

but I do want to say thanks for all the emotions and memories (and triumph over your plant x :D), hope whoever that did those wiping back then is not a jerk in real life, just some guy depriving "fun" by destroying stuff built by i-am-not-the-one-who-did-this-characters.

there should be a new term for things built by playable characters that are not "you". like, you? under a different controller or something i don't know :D

if you're going to a new ark server good luck! I wish you guys all the best xD

I have long defended WC. They made a really great game and I really thing they did their best to move things along to the best of their ability with the ability and resources available to them. Their communication is horrible and I really though that was the largest part of their problems with the gaming community. Nothing a good PR person and a little organization would not fix if they chose to invest some money there.

With the launch date rapidly approaching they are in the position of making final decision rather than vague and uncertain promises and estimated dates. They have made specific promises to their players. These were promises they did not have to make and they were not vague or unclear in their wording or scope. Nothing significant has changed to my knowledge, such as new leadership that wants to go a different direction, so there was really no reason for them to not keep their word. This is the point in time when decide what kind of company the will be. Do they keep their promises or, like a cheating spouse,  do they shrug it off their vows as unimportant saying those promises were made long ago and I am different now.

WC promised to not wipe the servers at launch and released the legacy cluster. Then things went bad. They promised 4 weeks for re-purposed server populations to move and gave them less than a week, they promised to wipe only the bottom 10% of legacy servers, and only those with 0 or close to 0 populations and they wiped the bottom 33%. They promised continued support for legacy servers only to let everyone know today there will be no support and current tickets will be wiped. 

I have no sense of entitlement, here. But I do expect people and companies to keep their promises as much as possible. Wild Card has proven to me they care very little about what they promise and they can not be trusted to keep their word now or in the future. This is not about missed deadlines or something unexpected, these were hard promises that could have been kept. They just chose to lie instead and I am quite sure we can expect more lies in the future. This makes me very sad.

Hello, i think when we buy the game when that is in beta and when buy the DLCs from this game, and i say than we help because in this way I think we help giving budget so that help you to continues to developing the game, i dont want lost 3 years of our work just because you go to open the game officialy, we are people whit works like you so i want you to respect my money, my time and my work here, we are people who have 25~52 yeears old, i think people like us help to the company to still developing that game when we buy your game in beta or DLCs giving budget to still making that game so im really distressed and i think that your company doesnt respect the people who bougth this game in beta, i would likee to have an answer from devs (not gms), i hope you understand my point, greetings.

Damn right.  Its a fantastic game.

From the very beginning when you spawn in, to taming a Giga or even an Octopus.  The building is great and the game, contrary to what others say is getting better and less buggy, although some bugs do still remain.

People are just upset due to server closures.  Let them vent, they wont leave, if they do they will return.

So your server got closed, time to either move or start over, not a big deal.

Ragnarok on Official is worth starting over, its a fantastic map and its pretty much self contained.

Ark if looked at through the proper non biased glasses is a fantastic game with alot if potential.

Archived