Legacy servers on PVE is going to kill our healthy trade community

BillyA

As stated, and as you can see in the trade forums,  while not being wiped is very good news, knowing that our trade market will be cut by nearly 50% kind of sucks.

I do see the purpose of this change, but man, it will kill the trading within the PVE community since a decent amount of players will move onto the new cluster.

Don't be surprised if the number your thinking will move to new servers is lower than you realize. Some people who were Pro wipe have been spouting about how legacy servers will die, but I don't know many who really want to start from scratch if they had something worth trading for in the first place. Yes low level players will think really hard about moving but if they've put in any real effort into building their base and breeding I don't see them packing it in and running off to new servers just to start over. No matter what they say on here.

Lots of new players will be coming to the legacy servers as well to play with their friends and plus the fact that legacy servers will be the biggest group of players and servers anyway.  Depending on how many servers open up in the new cluster a lot of people may just want to roll a new character on a legacy server.  Especially if it ends up anything like Ragnarok, the overcrowding and lag push people away.

1 minute ago, Sphere said:

Why would we trade top stuff with newbie tribes? That makes no sense.

Also how come the tribes that didn't cheat get lumped in with the dirty? What did we ever do? =w=

Future customers. Off course new starts wouldnt be able to afford top stuff right away, but eventually they would.  Without new starts the trade community could just  disapear...

3 minutes ago, BillyA said:

Because we don't compete on PVE. Newbies can still farm metal ingots, etc, for our eggs, BP's, etc.

Okay then. Two things.

Most big tribes have a large supply of metal ingots. They are interested in dino trades and blueprints, for said dino trades and other blueprints, along with things like element, etc. Sure metal does still trade, but not as much as you think.

Secondly, we are talking about PvE, then there really isn't any competition, so therefore no worry. And yeah, people cheat in real life to get on top. Not all of them are wiped of their income or fortunes.

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Future customers. Off course new starts wouldnt be able to afford top stuff right away, but eventually they would.  Without new starts the trade community could just  disapear...

Then really, they'd eventually join the ranks, like everybody else, thus nothing really changed.

I feel like many sellers don't understand the problem of new tribes.

I like to tame and breed. I enjour the challenge of looking for new stats and breeding the together.

The problem is that, currently the only dinos worth taming for breeding are new implantations. (at least for trading).

I could go out and tame 20 high level rexes and start my own breeding line but there is not way in the world I'll be able to compete with 15k 525% rexes.

Why spend the few titanboa eggs I have to go out and tame a 150 thyla when I can get a lvl 300 thyla on the forum for a couple hours grind.

Heck people on my server are now giving away lvl 250 babies because they are not worth raising.

24 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

I feel like many sellers don't understand the problem of new tribes.

I like to tame and breed. I enjour the challenge of looking for new stats and breeding the together.

The problem is that, currently the only dinos worth taming for breeding are new implantations. (at least for trading).

I could go out and tame 20 high level rexes and start my own breeding line but there is not way in the world I'll be able to compete with 15k 525% rexes.

Why spend the few titanboa eggs I have to go out and tame a 150 thyla when I can get a lvl 300 thyla on the forum for a couple hours grind.

Heck people on my server are now giving away lvl 250 babies because they are not worth raising.

I always found taming something more fun than breeding something. The fact that it makes no sense to try and tame even 150s after a while is kinda sad.

Well think about it like a real business. Remember Blockbuster? You can keep doing what you are doing and hoard the reduced 'business' or be the first one on the new servers to begin establishing the all new trade organization network (A.N.T.O.N.?-not very catchy. Probably have to work on that...) 

Those who adapt first, flourish sooner. 

8 hours ago, BillyA said:

As stated, and as you can see in the trade forums,  while not being wiped is very good news, knowing that our trade market will be cut by nearly 50% kind of sucks.

I do see the purpose of this change, but man, it will kill the trading within the PVE community since a decent amount of players will move onto the new cluster.

i thought i read that only existing pvp server would become legacy. PVE servers will stay as is.

8 hours ago, BillyA said:

Or quit the game. Its not fun being catalogued as an offender and being put in a 'legacy' thing, just because someone has not been able to control a reduced group of people, we all the EA community are paying the bill.

8 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Don't be surprised if the number your thinking will move to new servers is lower than you realize. Some people who were Pro wipe have been spouting about how legacy servers will die, but I don't know many who really want to start from scratch if they had something worth trading for in the first place. Yes low level players will think really hard about moving but if they've put in any real effort into building their base and breeding I don't see them packing it in and running off to new servers just to start over. No matter what they say on here.

Nah. That may apply on PVE, but plenty of PVP people that are well established are moving over

5 minutes ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

Legacy is servers made before August 8th

Yeah, and according to Jat post is where all the ARK EA sc** people is gonna be taken apart. Because it seem, according to his post, that we all are (cant say because of a previous warning) and bad people, offenders.

Legacy is also new servers (like new DLC ones) that are in the same cluster, despite being started after August 8th

9 hours ago, BillyA said:

I mean, the one's that have anything worth trading probably aren't going anywhere. Seeing as how they're also established. 

In the original topic, they didn't mention pve at all, until players kept asking about it in the replies. They then later changed the post and included pve in it and mentioned that they would become legacy servers too. For pvp I completely understand due to their dupe arms race they all had. But I do hope they change the decision on legacy pve, atleast long term.

Personally I'm not a fan of separating the pve community in this manner, the reasons are because of what everyone else is mentioning too, and here are the points why.
First our trading forums, they would need a minor overhaul on the system and make 2 new posting categories that people are forced to pick, pvp legacy, and pve legacy. The trading forums are mostly PVE exclusive right now (mainly due to how risky pvp trade is) which will end up in the long run with players unable to trade with half of the pve community because we bought the game earlier on our end.

There isn't just trade to think about, we also have the desire for existing players to play on new servers. We've seen this large scale with the Ragnarok maps, they got flooded with people that wanted a fresh start and existing players wanting a change, if the performance/rollbacks/downtime/patch breaking didn't happen then we would of probably seen the servers at capacity still on pve, For me that shows existing players want a change too without loosing their stuff.

What I would suggest ark do with "pve" is what SE started off with, NO transfer of dinos or items for the first few months, allowing everyone to start equally. Then open them up after a few months once the rush is over. This gives all players what they have wanted, new servers, or a change in scenery without abandoning what we own and the ability to meet new people.

I know they have tweeted the legacy servers wont be trading with each other today, but since it wasn't in the original post when they first made it, the pve decision part seems rushed today. We still have a few weeks, so heres me holding out hope with this post... Or hope in them finding some unique way to do it that no one has thought of yet.

9 hours ago, BillyA said:

Sorry man, but there were so many people against the wipe(which should have happened) that they changed their minds. 

The fact that you still have a problem with it even being against the wipe shows something very important.

you got what you wanted but now you are still not happy. The devs are going to see that the anti wipers still aren't happy and probably wonder(even though they won't Change their minds) was this actually the right decision? 

You should be jumping up and down for joy right now. Learn to take a victory man, and not just complain after you got what you wanted. Who cares about trades?

1 hour ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

can you transfer from SP-MP?

if so. Just transfer you dinos to SP then to MP for trades

You cannot transfer between singleplayer and official. SP is it's own thing and cannot transfer anything from it to ANY other game mode.

Last I heard, there wasn't going to be a new batch of PVE servers at all, or at the very least, no Legacy PVE servers (which to me meant no new fresh PVe servers to separate from Legacy),. Did that magically change at some point today? Can someone quote me? The only 'evidence' that may have suggested it was Jat's poorly made MS Paint drawing xD 

EDIT: Nevermind relooked at the State of the Game thread. He made that change after I had read and posted in it hours ago.

Archived