Patch 261.0 - All feedback goes here !

powerstuck

3 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

To keep adding, if you happen to eat a rare flower by accident, be ready to get attacked by a flock of dinos includion Phiomias (really ?) and Lysros (like DILO really those guys don't even have a raptoring attack implemented in game). 

Also, I can confirm that the ''giga dismount'' is still not fixed and you still need to heavily rely on glitched collision mechanics to not die dismounting one.

"Even the smell of this flower makes you slightly angry. "

Makes sense

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I was using these things for food! I do not like this change. Now I have to go back to berries, which I need like 3 stacks of them to fill my food (instead of under 20 flowers or 10 mushrooms), taking more time out of my day, which I am not happy about. Do not want.

Is there an unofficial/singleplayer config to counter this change? I definitely want that config. It could be like disablerarefoodeffect=true or something. Since there are two foods, separate configs for each food. I would like such configs to be a thing. Please make it so.

If you play unofficial, there are several mods that you might get your admin to install that have food that has similar properties to the original mushrooms. Just one, is ARK Advance 10, with a pantry that you make trail mix in. Light weight, doesn't spoil, has good food value and healing.

I had typed such a good post, and hit submit, site needed to check for leeches or something, and then when it loaded, I lost it all! I cant type that good of a post again, so I'll try and summarize what I had typed.

----

I play this game for the eye candy, and for interaction with friends. Not for the challenge nor the survival part of it.

The upkeep of this game takes so long, and this game keeps adding/changing the maintenance to take more time out of my day, I have had to give up other servers/communities in order to have more time for the upkeep. And most of this upkeep does not count towards enjoyable playtime.

I am not happy about this change, as this just makes maintenance take more time, giving me less time elsewhere. I miss these communities I had to give up, in order to keep up with the upkeep for other server/communities. It would be far worse to quit alltogether. I had to adapt, cut back on what I enjoy, in order to keep the stuff I have already harvested/tamed. 

I don't like how the upkeep of this game keeps taking more and more time out of my day. with the direction they seem to be going, I wonder how many more servers/communities will I have to give up in the future in order to have more time for the additions/changes. Why are they making changes like this?

I have wondered in my mind what kind of game Wildcard wants, and if I imagine they want a game to make players angry, then these changes they keep making make sense.

I personally do not want a game that makes me angry. But damn! There is so much in this game I LOVE, no other game compares to the kind of eye candy that Ark has. I just wish it didn't take so much raptoring time.

2 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I had typed such a good post, and hit submit, lagged out, and lost it all! I cant type that good of a post again, so I'll try and summarize what I had typed.

----

I play this game for the eye candy, and for interaction with friends. Not for the challenge nor the survival part of it.

The upkeep of this game takes so long, and this game keeps adding/changing the maintenance to take more time out of my day, I have had to give up other servers/communities in order to have more time for the upkeep. And this upkeep does not count towards enjoyable playtime.

I am not happy about this change, as this just makes maintenance take more time, giving me less time elsewhere. I miss these communities I had to give up, in order to keep up with the upkeep for other server/communities. It would be far worse to quit alltogether. I had to adapt, cut back on what I enjoy, in order to keep the stuff I have already harvested/tamed. 

I don't like how the upkeep of this game keeps taking more and more time out of my day. with the direction they seem to be going, I wonder how many more servers/communities will I have to give up in the future in order to have more time for the additions/changes. Why are they making changes like this?

I have wondered in my mind what kind of game Wildcard wants, and if I imagine they want a game to make players angry, then these changes they keep making make sense.

I personally do not want a game that makes me angry. But damn! There is so much in this game I LOVE, no other game compares to the kind of eye candy that Ark has. I just wish it didn't take so much raptoring time.

I feel ya man. It seems 90% of changes there have been doing lately can and will all be fixed by mods. And I think without them yelling it out loud, it's pretty darn clear towards where they wanna push the players. 

2 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I had typed such a good post, and hit submit, lagged out, and lost it all! I cant type that good of a post again, so I'll try and summarize what I had typed.

----

The upkeep of this game takes so long, and this game keeps adding/changing the maintenance to take more time out of my day, I have had to give up other servers/communities in order to have more time for the upkeep. And this upkeep does not count towards enjoyable playtime.

I completely agree with you. I've wondered about where they are going with this game too. One theory I have, that seems to explain what they are doing, is that they want to wean us all off the official servers and get us playing on unofficial servers. Almost all of the things in ARK that annoy you can be changed with ini settings or with mods. Most things that have two options, the annoying setting and the not annoying setting, are set to the annoying setting for officials. When it all became too annoying for me, I moved to unofficial servers. I have three different groups of ARK friends that I play with. I can usually find a couple servers to play on that are loads of fun :D

1 minute ago, powerstuck said:

I feel ya man. It seems 90% of changes there have been doing lately can and will all be fixed by mods

Thank you. Unfortunately I play mostly Official PvE atm. No mods there. I'd like to condense all my dinos into one official server, preferably Ragnarok, but with the rollbacks and crashes, I have been housing my dinos on two other servers until Rag is stable. These two other servers I do not want to give up, but have to, because I no longer have time for them. My time outside of Ark has not changed. It's time inside that now takes more time out of my day, and I have to adapt, or lose my stuff.

4 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

I feel ya man. It seems 90% of changes there have been doing lately can and will all be fixed by mods. And I think without them yelling it out loud, it's pretty darn clear towards where they wanna push the players. 

LOL, I was writing essentially the same thing as you when you posted. Didn't read this until after I posted. WC does support the modders, which is good. Nothing wrong with playing with mods installed.

57 minutes ago, Zederia said:

oh, but you don't need just ONE steak, you need at LEAST 4. Again, only need 1 irl.

and you obviously missed the point.

in a week, there's still 10 raw meat ("food doesn't last a week in ark")

cook the meat, and there's going to be a ton left at the end of the week

I'm thinking, with your insistence of making 1:1 comparisons between real life and video games, that it's definitely you that missed the point

20 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

In other news tho...if you wanna tame a ptera, tape and Q bird...you just eat poop ton of rare flowers and have them follow you in your taming pen. Among most annoying tames have just became easier than taming a dodo.

That would be interesting to try, but I'm guessing you will just end up with all kinds of aggressive dinos following you and they will kill the Quetzal and maybe you too.

28 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

In other news tho...if you wanna tame a ptera, tape and Q bird...you just eat poop ton of rare flowers and have them follow you in your taming pen. Among most annoying tames have just became easier than taming a dodo.

You maybe onto something here.  This could solve a lot of solo players issues with Quetz.  Build trap on pillars off the ground and then fly out and eat flowers fly back.  And it shouldnt agro other stuff below because its to far!!  I think I see a community Q trap in my future!!

11 minutes ago, Slack said:

You maybe onto something here.  This could solve a lot of solo players issues with Quetz.  Build trap on pillars off the ground and then fly out and eat flowers fly back.  And it shouldnt agro other stuff below because its to far!!  I think I see a community Q trap in my future!!

Unfortunately, after a few more tests, Q bird ignore you even if you ate a truck load of flowers in their face. 

But pteras, pelagos and tapajeras all look at you in rage and then attack. So still works. 

2 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Unfortunately, after a few more tests, Q bird ignore you even if you ate a truck load of flowers in their face. 

But pteras, pelagos and tapajeras all look at you in rage and then attack. So still works. 

just wondering, if you're eating the flowers while mounted/flying in front of those other birds like you would have to for the quetz

**not HAVE to be, but guessing you might be

2 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Not that this will get any attention, but seeing how devs always sneak in a few nasty ''improvement'' surprises, let's hear about it.

1) Consuming Rare Mushroom and Rare Flowers now gives their intended effects

Look, I know the game is in development, except it is not because it will release in a month to public...

So my first question is : How can a desired effect be so random, never have you guys told us anything about their ''desired effect''. The person who made 261 change just woke up this morning and decided...yep i'm gonna poop, brush my teeth and screw up rare mushrooms and rare flowers and call it an intended effect. 

Not only is the greatest food ever now useless, had counter effects but also...people had 1000s of boxes full of those...and there are none anymore. Not a single stack of rare mushrooms to be found. They all got removed. I guess it was intended. 

My second question is : what is the point in a) giving it super weight (15 per a stack of 100), b) spoil timer (1 day 5 hours) and c) the poison effects. 

You did made a nice game, but I swear your non existent communication skills will make you kill your own unborn baby. Today, I give this game a 6 months lifespan post release. 

So, I would really love for a dev to explain how any of this makes senses, and when I say dev, I really hope someone who makes decisions and not a CM or one of the very well known players that get paid to post positive feedback about the game all day long.

Sorry man, I tend to agree with you, but the thing is ark is way too easy. It should take a year to get what some of these people have in a week. I am getting so tired of ark and all these ridiculously huge bases and ridiculously huge amount of Dinos. It is just stupid. I hope the nerfs keep coming and never stop. 

This is a survival game. I have no care for the word evolved whatsoever, because some people's version of the word evolved means that you don't have to survive anymore which is poop. 

You should be trying to survive even if you have played for 2 years. Human food consumption needs to double along with water consumption. Metal rocks need to yield less metal per rock, and health needs to be regened a lot slower.

i have a lot of others but ark is not survival at all

My thoughts on a few of the points (the rest I don't really care about):

•  Mantis and Scorpion now receive the Oviraptor egg laying buff.
    • Thank goodness, and finally. This change has been needed for a while
  • Diplodocus is now considered a large herbivore, meaning medium sized carnivores will no longer attack it.
    • Again, a much needed change. It was ridiculous that a Diplo was at risk of death by Raptors or Terror Birds
  • Onyc now have a 10% chance per melee hit to apply megarabies to victim.
    • I like the effort to increase the challenge of caves, though I think the better path for this change would be to have "Rabid Onyc" spawn that can inflict Megarabies, rather than allowing all Onyc have a low chance of doing it.
  • Underwater and cave crates now give two items instead of one
    • Finally some incentive to go caving on a regular basis again. Good change
  • Creatures in caves have been altered. Changes include more Arthropleura, Titanoboa and Leeches in the Swamp Cave, removed Scorpions. Removed bats, spiders, penguins, and piranhas in the Ice Cave. Added 'Polar Bears', Purlovias, and Sabertooth Salmon to the Ice Cave
    • See comment on increasing cave challenge
  • Consuming Rare Mushroom and Rare Flowers now gives their intended effects
    • I see a lot of people up in arms about this change (like 85% of this thread, and a few others). Honestly, as someone who routinely used Rare Mushrooms as a food source, the change doesn't really bother me. Rare Mushrooms were pretty OP as a food source (better food than meat, no spoil timer, low weight, 100 stack, and easily obtained from beaver dams), and honestly, it's not that hard to throw some Meat into a fire or a grill and let it cook while you take your Rex or Giga out for a meat harvest to stock your Troughs. Or make some custom consumables, whatever, but the point is that it's really a fair change all things considered, and I think people are overreacting.

27 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Sorry man, I tend to agree with you, but the thing is ark is way too easy. It should take a year to get what some of these people have in a week. I am getting so tired of ark and all these ridiculously huge bases and ridiculously huge amount of Dinos. It is just stupid. I hope the nerfs keep coming and never stop. 

This is a survival game. I have no care for the word evolved whatsoever, because some people's version of the word evolved means that you don't have to survive anymore which is poop. 

You should be trying to survive even if you have played for 2 years. Human food consumption needs to double along with water consumption. Metal rocks need to yield less metal per rock, and health needs to be regened a lot slower.

i have a lot of others but ark is not survival at all

I whole heartedly agree. Being level 100 should not mean that survival is merely an inconvenience.  I think Rex damage should be nerfed so that it's more in line with gigas yutys and spinos, leave the HP it makes sense that it's a walking colossus but it should not be the one dino with the highest DPS. The difference in DPS in Rex vs. anything is enormous. I also think that food and water drain should increase, but with less water drain from intense heat. Resources should give even less by hand than it does now, to further emphasise, and to make all the COD base camping tards actually take their dinos out of their base. Use them for what they're intended for (gathering resources).

4 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

I whole heartedly agree. Being level 100 should not mean that survival is merely an inconvenience.  I think Rex damage should be nerfed so that it's more in line with gigas yutys and spinos, leave the HP it makes sense that it's a walking colossus but it should not be the one dino with the highest DPS. The difference in DPS in Rex vs. anything is enormous. I also think that food and water drain should increase, but with less water drain from intense heat. Resources should give even less by hand than it does now, to further emphasise, and to make all the COD base camping tards actually take their dinos out of their base. Use them for what they're intended for (gathering resources).

I am with you on the Rexs definitely. But as far as water drain goes, in scorched earth it should be even more. Being in the desert(especially one so intense as SE) should pretty much require constant hydration. As far as other maps go, yeah o can agree with that.

either way I think we both agree there is little to no survival in this survival game. Almost sad really

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I am with you on the Rexs definitely. But as far as water drain goes, in scorched earth it should be even more. Being in the desert(especially one so intense as SE) should pretty much require constant hydration. As far as other maps go, yeah o can agree with that.

either way I think we both agree there is little to no survival in this survival game. Almost sad really

You have to be kidding. Water drain on scorched is crazy fast as it is, which is fair enough I mean it is a desert. At the end of the day having to constantly having to worry about food and water is a nightmare and not fun. Its fun to begin with but its great to grow and progress out of having just to mearly just survive. Yes its a survival game but it must be fun at the same time. Also yes its a survival game, but at the end of the day the goal of the game is not just to survive, but to build up your resources and to ultimately  acesend. The main goal is to ascend not just to survive. With the constant nerf nerf nerf shout the  game will become even more of a grind fest than it is. But then again I am going off topic....

But the nerfs are good. You can't only look at the survival aspect. I would like to but unfortunately you also have to worry about the defense vs offense ratio. Way easier to raid than defend(especially with offline raiding) now when that comes into play, if someone was offline raiding me I would want them to have to constantly worry about eating and drinking water. Makes perfect sense to me. If you are going to spend 3 or more in game days raiding my base I will expect you to eat and drink as much as people would in that amount of days. Btw a drink of a canteen would only last an hour(in game) on SE.

I love the changes to both. The only negative feedback I have is how difficult babies are with the food change. Other than that, I'll let the GAME CREATORS/DEVELOPERS continue to expand THEIR dream of THEIR game. And I'm grateful to enjoy the game as is. 

Seriously though. The baby food thing. Getting food is not a problem. But getting food every hour for days... is a bit of a problem. I'm looking at you wyverns.

Archived