Patch 261.0 - All feedback goes here !

powerstuck

Not that this will get any attention, but seeing how devs always sneak in a few nasty ''improvement'' surprises, let's hear about it.

1) Consuming Rare Mushroom and Rare Flowers now gives their intended effects

Look, I know the game is in development, except it is not because it will release in a month to public...

So my first question is : How can a desired effect be so random, never have you guys told us anything about their ''desired effect''. The person who made 261 change just woke up this morning and decided...yep i'm gonna poop, brush my teeth and screw up rare mushrooms and rare flowers and call it an intended effect. 

Not only is the greatest food ever now useless, had counter effects but also...people had 1000s of boxes full of those...and there are none anymore. Not a single stack of rare mushrooms to be found. They all got removed. I guess it was intended. 

My second question is : what is the point in a) giving it super weight (15 per a stack of 100), b) spoil timer (1 day 5 hours) and c) the poison effects. 

You did made a nice game, but I swear your non existent communication skills will make you kill your own unborn baby. Today, I give this game a 6 months lifespan post release. 

So, I would really love for a dev to explain how any of this makes senses, and when I say dev, I really hope someone who makes decisions and not a CM or one of the very well known players that get paid to post positive feedback about the game all day long.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Not that this will get any attention, but seeing how devs always sneak in a few nasty ''improvement'' surprises, let's hear about it.

Look, I know the game is in development, except it is not because it will release in a month to public...

So my first question is : How can a desired effect be so random, never have you guys told us anything about their ''desired effect''. The person who made 261 change just woke up this morning and decided...yep i'm gonna poop, brush my teeth and screw up rare mushrooms and rare flowers and call it an intended effect. 

Not only is the greatest food ever now useless, had counter effects but also...people had 1000s of boxes full of those...and there are none anymore. Not a single stack of rare mushrooms to be found. They all got removed. I guess it was intended. 

My second question is : what is the point in a) giving it super weight (15 per a stack of 100), b) spoil timer (1 day 5 hours) and c) the poison effects. 

You did made a nice game, but I swear your non existent communication skills will make you kill your own unborn baby. Today, I give this game a 6 months lifespan post release. 

So, I would really love for a dev to explain how any of this makes senses, and when I say dev, I really hope someone who makes decisions and not a CM or one of the very well known players that get paid to post positive feedback about the game all day long.

Lol tbh though I doubt they originally intended Rare Mushrooms to be food that you can attach to your hotbar and spam eat. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

So my first question is : How can a desired effect be so random, never have you guys told us anything about their ''desired effect''.

"You feel lightheaded after just touching this. Ingesting it would be dangerous."

It's been in the tooltip the whole time.

3 minutes ago, ShawnWolf said:

Lol tbh though I doubt they originally intended Rare Mushrooms to be food that you can attach to your hotbar and spam eat. 

Maybe not, but a little head ups would have been nice. The patch notes line doesn't tell anything since there is not a single ''intended use'' documented. 

What's going to be next, Azul, Mejo and other berries will also give you stomach ache when you spam eat them ?

5 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Maybe not, but a little head ups would have been nice. The patch notes line doesn't tell anything since there is not a single ''intended use'' documented. 

What's going to be next, Azul, Mejo and other berries will also give you stomach ache when you spam eat them ?

That would make sense. Just because the herbivores can eat it doesn't mean we can stomach it. Human anatomy is very frail in comparison.

4 minutes ago, Saupe said:

my server is down, what is the mushrooms/flowers actual effect now?

Mushrooms: now weigh 20 per stack. Have a spoil timer (Pretty long timer though) Blind you when eaten. Same food AFAIK

Flowers: 15 weight per stack, ammoite rage affect when eaten, provide 15 food

55 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

I was using these things for food! I do not like this change. Now I have to go back to berries, which I need like 3 stacks of them to fill my food (instead of under 20 flowers or 10 mushrooms), taking more time out of my day, which I am not happy about. Do not want.

Is there an unofficial/singleplayer config to counter this change? I definitely want that config. It could be like disablerarefoodeffect=true or something. Since there are two foods, separate configs for each food. I would like such configs to be a thing. Please make it so.

14 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Good. Those two foods kind of broke the "need to eat to survive" part of the game as they were too easy.

"need to eat to survive" I love that. here's the problem, after you gather these (which takes a fair bit of time, actually) WHY should you have to keep foraging every freaking 2-3 hours for stuff? how often do you go to the store? you have a fridge. it's what? once a week? maybe longer? so real-time, go to the store, and buy food every 3 hours. Then you can "survive" like you do in ARK

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

"need to eat to survive" I love that. here's the problem, after you gather these (which takes a fair bit of time, actually) WHY should you have to keep foraging every freaking 2-3 hours for stuff? how often do you go to the store? you have a fridge. it's what? once a week? maybe longer? so real-time, go to the store, and buy food every 3 hours. Then you can "survive" like you do in ARK

don't know the need to compare the video game directly to real life...

but, even if you go to the store once a week (in game comparison...gathering meat and/or veggies/berries) put it in the fridge (same in ark), you still  have to take it out 3 times a day to put together a meal (3x a day ~3 hours in between, probably closer to 4...but, take it out of your fridge, and cook it)

don't see the issue

5 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Babies take 18 years to mature IRL, max 2 weeks in ark. I fail to see how real life food consumption should affect ark.

Just now, perk8504 said:

don't know the need to compare the video game directly to real life...

but, even if you go to the store once a week (in game comparison...gathering meat and/or veggies/berries) put it in the fridge (same in ark), you still  have to take it out 3 times a day to put together a meal (3x a day ~3 hours in between, probably closer to 4...but, take it out of your fridge, and cook it)

don't see the issue

1: food does not last a week in ark
2: my "meal scedule" irl is midnight and noon-ish and maybe a snack here and there if I want one.
3: gather berries and meat once a week (even once a week ingame), see how well that works.

Wow really? You are complaining about needing to eat something else in ARK? Man how most of this community has devolved...

Eat cooked meat like the rest of us ¬¬ We got fridges and grills in the game for a reason you know. They didn't strip you of all food sources...and no I'm not saying go to berries, who in their right mind eats berries for sustenance late game?

Anyway, patch feedback? If most of the things they listed actually changed and is working right, I'd say this is another nice patch. 2 items in cave and underwater loot? Heck yes. Not sure I like the bat megarabies though, but hey worth a shot. I dunno how easy it is to cure but guess we'll find out.

Seems ot also be some fixes regarding food consumption as well. Perhaps now things will live a bit long before needing to be fed.

5 minutes ago, Zederia said:

1: food does not last a week in ark
2: my "meal scedule" irl is midnight and noon-ish and maybe a snack here and there if I want one.
3: gather berries and meat once a week (even once a week ingame), see how well that works.

1. stack of raw meat lasts just shy of 14 days in a fridge, stack of berries considerably longer

2. figured we'd go off the predominate eating schedule rather than your personal one

3. works just fine

I liked using mushrooms, I raised a therazine, stated it for power harvesting and collected hundreds of them from the swamps (which are now all gone by the way, just logged in and hundreds of them have vanished from my vault). Endlessly cooking food and storing it was just hassle.

TBH i'll just kill myself and respawn, less hassle. I stopped using clothing months ago, SE is the only place I wear clothing or when metal farming in the snow biomes, only used food when I couldn't be arsed to respawn or was busy doing something like building or metal farming.

Every update it just feels like this game is getting worse when it should be better. (for me anyway)

To keep adding, if you happen to eat a rare flower by accident, be ready to get attacked by a flock of dinos includion Phiomias (really ?) and Lysros (like DILO really those guys don't even have a raptoring attack implemented in game). 

Also, I can confirm that the ''giga dismount'' is still not fixed and you still need to heavily rely on glitched collision mechanics to not die dismounting one.

I will also be running now with fire camps and will again be spamming them all over the place because I will be from now on using cooking meat, but give it lasts only 5 minutes in the players inventory, i'll be roaming around and killing then cooking as i get hungry. That should be nice of a change. 

Archived