First dino that scared the crap out of you

BipedTadpole

Titanboa.

I spawned in East swamp and immediately had one after me. It knocked me out and killed me. I was so scared of them for ages after that, that I avoided the swamp entirely.

More recently, it's any creature that can knock me off my mount. I hate Kapro's, Thylas, Purlovias and Microraptors with a passion. Although lately I've been having trouble with the humongous monster that is black screens and random disconnects, I lost 2 Argies in the space of an hour to that monstrosity.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Teddansen said:

I've always thought the sabertooth had the scariest roar, even after all this time I'll be in my own world gathering metal or something and one will sneak up on me and it's roar scares the pee outta me lol .. true story

Being a Canadian, I had the greatest idea to spawn in the north for the first time ever. Spawned in the cold and almost instantly died from what I do know today was a sabertooth. Wasn't really scary because I didn't know anything about how game worked. After that I did discover the chat and asked where it was safer to debut. 

I started playing during the Halloween event a couple years ago. I had just spawned in on the rock outcropping of the southern isles & made myself a campfire. I was cooking some meat when i heard some skittering a ways away. Started to look around with a torch, staying within my campfires light though. All of the sudden i hear a weird noise & a rapid skittering pace getting louder. Cut to me turning around to look past the corner of a rock where my face meets the Araneo's lovely maw. It proceeded to gnaw on my face while i scrambled to do something to not die like a fool. I was unsuccessful lol, after that though i've always wanted one as a mount. My sisters BF hates them and has a RL fear of spiders so he kills them whenever they get too close in caves, whether i want to tame them or not :(

Maybe a Dilo killed me and scared me first when I was a noob but the first Dino that really scared the crap out of me was a sarco.

I started on a hardcore server solo so I was a noob and one death meant it was all over,  I had got to level 30 ish made a nice raft,  tamed a low level trike and two low level dilos,  just made my first pike I was happy,  I loaded all the animals on the raft  and started sailing the coast,  when I got near East 2 out of nowhere a giant crocodile starts chewing on my raft,  I try to out run it but it's too fast it's still hitting my trike,  I head for shore but it's still on me,  death message my dilos dead,  120 sarco,  rip,  I'm still a noob so I don't know what to do,  I whistle neutral on my dinos so they can defend them selves,  rip they both ran in the water and start fighting the sarco but its too fast they can't hit it,  I'm standing on my raft shooting Stone arrows at it trying to help,  then out of nowhere another sarco swims over,  it's only a 100 female,  mate boosted,  rip trike,  rip other Dilo,  I try and sail to the shore to make a run for it,  but hey wierd ark it's bitting through the raft, probably trying to get my dodo,  I stop driving the raft and jump on the roof for safety,  both sarcos swim up the ramp on my raft and are now on the raft biting at me,  I'm trying to stay out of range shooting arrows,  damn the bow breaks,  I crouch down and try pike em to death but they still could hit me,  I kill the female, but the males still attacking and it's not even bloody,  I pike it a few times but it hits me and my bones are broken,  I really didn't want to die and I knew I couldn't defeat this beast so,  luckily there was a bed on my raft and I stumbled over to it with broken bones and fast traveled,  losing my stuff and the raft lol the Croc had won.  It was really exiting and my heart was pounding I was so glad to be alive. I had never played a game like it before,  from that point I was hooked.  Now I have 4000 hours in ark official pvp and still active,  hardcores fun but with the way this game is you need to be able to die.

I never had a dino that scared me when I was noob but I remember the first time I tried to tame a Mosa with my tribemate. First I'm always a bit scared when I go underwater, I just hate it. But we tried to tame a Mosa without a pen with my tribemate, I was spamming my tranq arrows, everytime he bite me I was screaming. At the end we just stopped it but damn I was shacking like a leaf all the time x) 

Raptor. Even now their faces still make me cringe when i see them up close....although I remember when I tamed my very first ptera and decided to go and explore the map and collect some drops. I landed in a forest near the snow to collect a blue one I'd spotted when I heard pounding footsteps behind me. I turned to see a huge Rex hurtling at me at full speed. Needless to say my heart was hammering and it was a long time before got the courage to go drop hunting in the snow again ?? So many memories of being scared to death on this game ??

The first thing that scared me was also the first thing that killed me countless times before I realised I could actually kill it with my bare hands, a fracking Dillo!

It actually took me a good long while to realise I'm much better off facing the creatures and fighting than running, because to run only takes you into the clutches of other nasties :)

GREAT GAME :D

I've just bought Scorched Earth as it's on sale on Steam, so gonna see what fun is to be had with that :D

I remember my first death to a serious carno, (excluding my ever last feud with Compy's before they got nerf'd) first hour or so into the game, barely playing as the lag was so bad I would lock up/freeze for minutes at a time. I was running around stone henge. Swimming around in the water like a true scrub because I still didn't know water is death!!!!  max level 120 sarco surprised the hell out of me in the pitch black of the night.

Archived