Sound Pass

BigDally

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggestions:

• We spend so much time flying in ARK. And flying on a dinosaur IRL would be awe-inspiringly exhilarating. I don't feel that when flying at top speed on my Ptera. The ambient sound on the ground below (ie: crickets) doesn't fade away. Even when I'm a mile above the ground. It sounds the same. There's nothing to give me the semblance of being so high up. The ground ambiance should fade away and be replaced by a terrifying open expanse sound with some subtle and increasingly more volatile wind as you move faster.
  • There's a major lack of distant sounds. The thunder and volcano can be heard at a distance. But how about creatures, musical instruments (war drums), gunfire and explosions, and crumbling structures. I would love to be able to, in a sense, feel the large dino with a subtle low-level bass hit before I ever even see it.
  • I love the thunderstorms. I'd like to hear distant, soft and low rumbling thunder way before the storm hits and after it's rolling away. Often, after a hard rain, the environment almost sizzles with wet as the ground and plants drip with water and soak up the dew.
  • I'd also like to seem some variance in how strong a storm is in it's audio.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 7:29 AM, BigDally said:

Yeah, rex mounted footsteps still way too loud in v260.  I really wish they would give us a slider or something to turn this down....

I do believe they toned this down now, because as of 264.0 the mounted Spino has the loud walking/running footsteps. It's idle hissing and noises are also rather loud.

After comparing them to the Rex, the Giga, and the Yutyrannus I can confirm the loudest ones of them all are the Spino.

Big fan of the Giga roar change. It breathes in and then lets it out, it's not a low-pitched UWAAAAAAAHHHH. I did get used to it after awhile like @AngrySaltire but do prefer this new set of roars. The new roars they replaced the Rexes with sound better, but I noticed they parted the old ones over to the Spino, increasing the pitch.

Archived