So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

@Pocolate I haven't tried that dino mod but I can verify the .ini edit works amazingly well. Story maps are so much more enjoyable when you don't have to spend weeks looking for decent tames lol.

So if you're not already aware, Syntac has PVP settings enabled on his servers. This has two functions: one, to make culling unwanted babies easier. Two, it's by far the easiest way to level up boss dinos, or anything else you need to get exp on for that matter. Because killing the unclaimed baby gives the same amount of exp as killing an adult. So you don't even need to leave your base to level your army if you run it this way. I cranked my kill exp up a bit to make this even faster because it just takes so long to level up an entire army, especially on single player when you don't have the advantage of passive offline exp from the cryopods.

Honestly if you haven't tried the Dino Storage mod I highly recommend it for breeding. I just started using it myself and it is so much better, plus it fixes the issue with running PVP settings as you don't have to worry about cryo sickness. If you crank your settings high enough it becomes very viable to do separate mutation stacks and DS automates a lot of it too. I know some people are all but muh challenges but like...it's not really that challenging to breed dinos, it's just super tedious, and we don't all have 14+ hours a day to invest in a glorified Tamagotchi game.

The reason why you want to do the mutations separately is so you can breed a significantly stronger dino faster. Once you hit the mutation cap, your chances of getting new mutations are halved. Because of this if you're aiming to do a lot of mutations, it's better to max out each stat you want in their own stack until they cap, then combine all those stats into one animal. It's less work, basically. It's not necessarily required but that was how I did it on my rexes and it really wasn't too bad as it meant I almost always had one new mutation raising up and could work on the other one in the meantime. With enough females and high enough breeding settings you can easily get at least one per game session if not more. You can also set the mating interval to 0.0, just note you have to set it every single play session or it defaults back to 1.0. That's how I'm managing to get a new gacha mutation every day.

Speaking of gachas, while I was letting the new mutation finish raising up I checked my current crop of babies and wouldn't you know it, I finally got an element dust gacha. So my original plans for tonight ended up getting a bit derailed as I definitely wanted to raise her up right away.

So basically today was another maintenance day. That's fine, I got a few random things done around the base. Did go out scouting with my snow owl, didn't find anything particularly interesting. Just as well, dimetrodons are overspawning again, forcing another wipe. Not sure what could be causing that tbh. None of the mods I use are particularly known for this type of issue. Maybe the .ini modifications, not sure. I don't like doing dino wipes but I'm not above taking advantage to check again but again nothing of note.

That finished off my night pretty much.

• Like 2

PVE Rag official

Did a little more work on the water pen.  Tested it out with baby basilos and it appears to work just fine.  

Made a few runs for metal, stone, wood, etc.

On a whim ( really because I was bored and needed to do something fun), I took the raft over to the wyvern cove and swam into the cave.  stayed underwater mostly and poked around until I thought coast was clear.  Pulled out argent and flew up to the top of the first pillar near the entrance.  Found a 175 poison egg!!!!!  Woohoo. I remembered to pod the argent. However, in my excitement I forgot to take off my flippers so when I grabbed the egg I couldn't run.  At normal speed I can just run off the pillar top and my momentum will carry me out to the water... but with no speed and no momentum, I dropped straight down and hit rock at the bottom. (death #1)

Respawned on the raft and swam in (no scuba) again.  found body at surface of water.  took all items, including egg.  But, like an idiot, I stayed right there and took my time putting on the scuba.  Being right at the water surface I was an easy target for the lightning bolt from above to strike me down. (death #2)

Had to wait to respawn at the raft this time.  When finally back in the game I swam (yet again) into the cave and secured my gear from body #2.  Swam down this time to put on gear.  Went back out to raft and started driving away and was attacked by 2 more wyverns.  I kept driving out of the cove as they pestered me.  Pretty soon I had the brilliant idea of jumping off the raft and swimming deep with scuba until they lose aggro.  Nope, they got me again when I jumped for the water. (death #3)

This time I spawned back at base and took my lightning wyvern with me.  But by the time I got to the boat the other two wyverns had left.  Cool beans!.  Landed wyvern carefully on the raft deck ( kinda like landing a 747 on an aircraft carrier). Anyway, I made it home and started incubating the egg right away.  Fast forward about 6 hours, I am standing by the egg with two minutes left to go until hatch when the power goes out at my house.  Some freak gust of wind blue a tree into some power lines.  In the 12 years I have live in this house this is the first time I have ever lost power.  Oh My F..... God!  I thought I was going to lose IT!  I bounced around the house for awhile pulling out my hair.  Then my wife told me to have a beer and settle down, LMAO.  So I did.  

The power came back on about 30 minutes later and when I logged in... everything was ok.  My baby wyvern was doing just fine.  When I checked it against dododex, I think it had 33 pts in melee and 31 in health.  Not world records, but good to me.

All is well that ends well, right?

• Like 3

(Official, Valguero) Put wyvern egg back into the hatchery. All tek rex eggs and the lone spino egg went there as well.

Took Bat and went to get more fire wyvern eggs.

Just as previous time, lured wyverns away, killed some, then went looking. 170!

Brought it home, put it in the hatchery.

Went back for another... That's when the problems started. You see, Ice wyverns are (heh) chill. You fly far enough, even if you stole an egg, and they forget about you.

Fire wyverns, as it turns out, are not. Three angry males (one a gorgeous mostly-black. Pity he was a male - I wouldn't mind an egg from THAT!) were chasing, chasing and chasing me. Even if I hanged them on some wild dinos, they ended up returning to me.

Not only that, but as I was checking to see if I lost them yet using K mode, I flew too low above a base I failed to notice, and they aggroed at that. I had to abandon them for a bit to restore stamina, as my wyvern had less than a hundred left, then returned to lure them away. I succeeded, fortunately.

And I ended up losing them, too!

So after healing Bat up (good thing she's a Blood - any passing diplo is a healthpack!), I went back to the trench. Lured away ices, then dealt with fires in a different way: one by one I led remaining few into the milking trap and killed them there.

Then I finally got the egg. 175.

Into the hatchery it went.

Then I decided I want a terrorbird. Tranqs, kibble, bolas, rifle, Bat, and to Beaver Lake I went. Found two, a 130 male and a 150 female, but they got killed. Highest I found after that was a 90, but together with it I found a 135 female rex, and I wanted a female for Cinder, so I tamed that instead. Named her Gertude.

Also, game crashed after the 130+150 terrors thing, so I had to let all the hatched tek rexes die (they were no good anyway) because I'm not dismantling my whole hatchery for them. I only dismantled  a little bit to get the 170 wyvern out (female, which is great because the 160 and 175 are both males. No cool colors (other two are pretty awerage on that as well, but FIRE WYVERNS!)).

Also, the spino egg hatched into a female, dad's colors, mom's melee, which is exactly as it should be.

And that's all for today.

• Like 2

I started crafting tons of pillar bc i recognized i´m a lil dumbass which not thought about the fact that there is nearly no flat building space in ark on official servers which ins´t in use yet ... so i cried a second bc yesterday i crafted foundations and now yeah well letz build pillars and ceilings would work better than wasted foundations :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns for raising, went to try and get another egg, but the best I could get was a 50 (hope at least colors will be good).

Bred Cinder and Gertrude, put their egg and the wyvern one into the hatchery. Made a lot of cementing paste.

Fed basilos and shark. Gave bees more flowers.

FINALLY FOUND A GOOD ARGENT BP!!!  Never before found one over 48, but this one is 79! Immediately made a new saddle for Sapphire.

Repodded wyverns (they were 5% grown at that point), picked up eggs.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

• Like 2

(SP, The Island) I successfully transferred back to the Island and started going through my breeding dinos. I pulled everything that had a replacement with higher stats and all of my previous mutations. To prevent confusion and to keep from hoarding, I killed off most of the old breeders and mutations. I left a few in the dino storage console to collect unfertilized eggs. I do use the dino storage mod, but I really only use it for breeding when I have live births happening. I much prefer to hatch my eggs and pick and choose which babies are claimed.

Once that was done, I arranged all of my new breeding projects: the rexes, the theri's, the deinonychus, and the yuty's. I tossed on their immobilising orbs and set everyone to wander so I don't have to stay in render distance to breed them. Next, I sorted through my dolphins so I could toss out my babies to imprint. Soon, I hope to take one out to look for deep sea loot crates.

I spent most of my day today hatching eggs to combine stats and starting to look for mutations. My head was swimming with numbers, so I had to write down base stats to even keep track. Between sessions, I ran the swamp cave and came out with nothing good. I also went to the volcano and grabbed more metal and crystal just in case I decide to build another breeding room after all. It is definitely getting a little crowded with all of the lines starting to unfold.

• Like 2

Fun story... 

It had been ages since I played on Ab, and so I set myself to branch out a base on what looked like a decent server. I transmitted myself to the AB server with a full set of desert gear, a wing suit, a spare transmitter, the fixings for a starter base, a magmasaur, and a rock drake. My goal was to setup and farm a squad of Rock Drakes, as I only had the one that I had traded for.

I was circling  fert lake to see if there was a good spot, and I rode into a patch of shrooms and got poisoned. I had forgotten which mushroom would counter it and died, leaving all this and the drake on a high bridge that is not accessible on foot. The level of anguish was exquisite.

I was fortunate enough to get help from an outstanding player (Towel of Tegrity) who used his skiff help me to fully recover. I offered my magmasaur as a gift for his kindness, and he declined... and even gave me a full evo suit to protect me from future foibles of that kind. I promptly headed by to my home server to better plan, but with community players like that, I will definitely make that server my home. (fun fact, we discovered that I had died right outside his tek base!!!)

We both had a good chuckle out of the whole thing... as even an experienced player cannot let his guard down in the 'safest' areas of that map.

• Like 2

PVE Ragnarok official

Had a mostly "raising baby" kind of day yesterday. 

I was hoping the new 175 poison wyvern would be Female so I could pair it up with the 155 I already had.  But no such luck, it was another Male.  Eh, small complaint.  I had them out for a good chunk of the day and I think the 155 is now at 35% and the 175 is almost 20%.  

Also pulled out the baby rexes, therizinos, yuties, and basilos (that I was never able to raise on the island because of horrible server issues) and gave them all their first extended dose of maturing since coming to Rag.

Also got to have some fun with my new tribe-mate yesterday.  She built a gazebo type structure to go with the water pen, and we made a couple trips to the desert to check loot drops, collect chitin, and hunt death worms (but didn't find a single worm).

Late in the day I took her to the wyvern cave and showed her how I get my eggs.  We didn't see anything good but she took a lvl 50 poison anyway.  She died once in the escape process, and the egg disappeared from her inventory, but still a positive experience to learn from I think.

• Like 2

(SP, The Island) It was breeding day with some afk time included. I used your tips, @Cymas, and started separate lines for the mutations plus dropped the breeding interval from .025 to .001. I'm up to 4 melee and 3 health on the rexes and my deinonychus. I got 2 melee and 3 health on the theri's so far. I'm also breeding yuty's as a side project.. not too concerned about getting a lot of mutations on them but I think it would be nice if I could get some at least. I've only got 1 Stam and 1 health on them, despite hatching tons of eggs. I'm just not having much luck with them.

That was it, other than filling troughs. 

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns for raising, put eggs in the hatchery. Went for milk. Got milk without much problem (well, in the beginning an elemental really wanted to follow me into the milking trap, and the female wyvern took a while to get into there, but that's not a problem compared to how disastrous things can get. Fed wyverns.

Eggs hatched, rex had wrong color and wrong melee, wyvern was averagely colored. I mean, dark red wing edges are kinda cool, but not cool enough. Killed.

Killed 2 alpha rexes, 1 carno, 1 raptor.

Tamed a terror bird. Low level, but found nothing better. Named him Evil Ostrich. Evil Ostrich wears a 124 armor saddle because that's the only terror bird BP I have, and I'm not learning the engram just because the tame isn't nearly strong enough to deserve such a good saddle. It's just hide, wood and fiber anyway. Cheap.

Found out that everything attacks a MEK. Raptors, sabers - everything. That's even more stupid than same thing with mana.

Fed dinos and repodded wyverns at a bit over 10%.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
Forgot to write about repodding wyverns, so it sounded like I just left them out like a very irresponsible wyvern-raiser. Which I'm not.
  • Like 1

Well it's been a very busy few days.

The short version is I'm now playing on an unofficial cluster with some friends for the first time in literal years. We all stopped playing together when the server we used to play on shut down. So it's my old tribemate M, his cousin E, his cousin's guild friend S, and another guild friend I've never met before, D. So we're now a tribe of 5, which is the biggest tribe I've ever been in. The cluster hasn't been up for very long, maybe a week or so. I'm not super happy about all of the mods and settings but whatever, this is just a mess around and hang out with friends cluster anyway.

So I spawned in on Friday after work onto The Island. I hadn't been sure if we were going to tribe up or not so I started on my favorite area, the west coast, and claimed my old base location that no one ever wants anyway. Then spent Friday leveling up, gathering some tames, etc. 1-70 in a day, exp rates are up a bit but really, exp is so fast now compared to the original rates. I think it was actually better back then when you had so much time between levels you actually needed to build in thatch, then wood, then stone, instead of throwing down a few thatch foundations and powerleveling yourself into the metal age. Man I sound old now lol.

I got my first set of utility tames and logged for the night.

By Sunday afternoon I had the mats for an industrial forge, 3 argents, and a tribe invite from M. He knows where my base used to be so he stopped by to pick me up when he was available. Together we carried most of my stuff and my tames over to the base they had built, which is a very nice looking building but very poorly designed. But I digress.

Knowing how the boys are, I talked to them for a bit to suss out what was going on and, well, it's a bit of a mess really. Like old times. E is the tribe leader and he built the castle we're staying in, but he's not very organized and out of everyone I'm the only one who has cleared multiple maps and done more than like 2 boss fights ever. So I guess it's kind of up to me to get things moving because they all do want to do bosses, but no one can stay on task long enough to get anything done. I am a former tribe leader, I know how it goes. There's a reason I play solo these days lol.

I spent some time organizing their crap then powerleveled myself courtesy of their chem bench and many, many, many, MANY narcotics. The cluster has the DS mod, happy days, and E gave me my own terminal for my personal tames. Everyone has their own, plus we have multiple community terminals for farming dinos, spare birds, etc. It's a good setup. I chucked most of my tames into the community property bin, we'll need them when we go to other maps anyway. The only one I kept was the crappiest, lowest level argent. A bird I won't mind sacrificing if it comes to it. If you play this game long enough you learn that sometimes you need to sac a dino to get something good, the Ark law of equivalent exchange.

Then we went on a taming spree. We know we need cave dinos and M had some sabers with poor stats (thanks awesome spyglass I'll never play without you again), so I went out scouted, brought my finds to the taming pen and we basically built a whole new line from scratch. I grabbed a direwolf with good melee while I was there since I noticed someone had a wolf. Sadly I did not find any good barys, which is my preferred cave mount on The Island since thylas only fit in one cave without podding.

It was getting a bit late for them by then, they're all EU players so it was well after midnight. On my way home from scouting dinos I stumbled across a unicorn lol literally right near our base. I brought it home with me and tamed it, literally my first personal tame as a tribe member. Bad level but who cares, it's a unicorn. Named him Willow, if you get the reference I like you. If you don't, I probably like you anyway. Unless you leave the wood in beaver dams.

Before he logged E explained a special mod or server setting or something about special dinos that spawn in at higher levels and event type colors as they had grabbed a special doed that had spawned while we were playing. Seems neat, I wish I knew how they were doing it, it's not the rare sightings mod. I would dearly love to have something like that on sp though. I'm pretty sure it's a mod there's an incoming pod animation and everything which now that I think about it is the dropping OSD/meteor animation.

Anyway I was going to go on a meat run for E's new baby giga and then log myself when one of those special dinos dropped. An argent! I took my crappy one out with some supplies, it took awhile but we found him, complete with magic red glowy bits, and lured him into a quickly set pen. No change to the taming process, but he was a wild 177 with lovely peach and white feathers and a green spot on his head. Got him down, tamed him up, named him Lucky, did the meat run, then went to bed.

Monday being a holiday meant an extra day of play and very busy with all of my friends online at once. Because of the time zone difference I started much earlier with the intent of getting...something...done. I looked through what we had and honestly there is so, so much that needs to happen. 

I spent almost all day scouting, killing stuff, running drops, and tamed up a few dinos. I wasn't planning on it but a 140 theri was literally just steps away from our taming pen, so basically a free tame. Almost cost me Lucky thanks to a surprise raptor/high level carno attack. The raptor pinned me, the carno ate my face, and our plant X were off because I didn't know the code to turn them back on and E was afk. Then as soon as I respawned my game crashed. So that was fun. Just barely cleaned up in time.

Eventually ended up with a couple of rhinos and bred one out. Can I just say I suck at taming them lol can never get them into my trap. I just want to try them out a bit since there's so many of us and well our rex line sucks hard. It turns out I'm the only one who knows how to use the awesome spyglass or knows how to breed actual bloodlines not just level 150s and random colors. Sigh. Got a megatherium too, going to try to find another one to breed up a baby for the swamp cave and I'll take it to Broodmother with me.

Our kibble supply is virtually nonexistent because this server has a store and E says to just buy kibble when you need it but...that's not nearly enough to keep up. So M started kibble going, we need more yutys we only have one right now. S was just starting on the server and getting situated, E took his older giga out to go pick him up. D is spending all his time underwater, I know he's been running at least one of the caves which is awesome, it's the one we need for the megapithicus which we decided will be our first boss. He's the only one with water tames right now anyway. 

I took a break for awhile, until M asked for help. He had gone to Ragnarok to look for a spino for his asc saddle. Don't get me wrong I love M but he gets tunnel vision so bad and I know he'll get grumpy if he doesn't get what he wants so I told him to go there and get one. He had been lucky, a special spino dropped while he was hunting, but now he couldn't get it down. So I took Lucky out to Rag, prayed to the Ark gods I don't lose him because we don't have any good birds to breed him with yet, and met up with M.

It was frankly a mess. He was trying to tranq the spino in the canyon without any setup whatsoever, just a bird and a rifle. He'd already lost his original bird, broken his rifle, died in the snow and been rescued by someone on the map. Sigh. But I saw where he was and I know this spot very, very well. I had some gates with me from rhino taming so I set a few up, then took a few more from M and got ready. He tried to lure the spino to the pen but it ended up liking Lucky's butt better. So I lured it in and put the gate down at the same time, not an easy task I assure you. But here it was safe and couldn't run off. Of course M ran out of tranqs but I always have some on me so I finished KOing it. Then gave him some mutton because I spawned in the highlands and killed a sheep on my way over and he had nothing to feed it with.

Got the spino up, praise the Arks. But I know him too well, I suggested we tame a 145 male that was conveniently nearby to breed with the female so he doesn't bring that one out and get her killed. He agreed with this plan. So we reset the trap, lured the spino over, and I KO'd this one myself then fed it. Got it up, M took it for breeding. And I suggested we build our base on this spot because we could make it a taming base, it's very easy to tame spinos here. He liked the idea so much he started building immediately.

Meanwhile I went on a mission to the desert to kill Lymantria. Then I brought the precious silk back with some other mats and managed to set up a forge, mortar, smithy and the real reason I did all of that, made myself some desert cloth armor. Aw yeah.

Headed back to The Island. My bred rhino, Stampede had grown up so I podded him out of the way. Rhinos are tanks man. I had bred a theri from a community dino and mine for a future dragon fight, it was still raising. Dyed my armor and that was about it for the night.

Work is going to be an absolute disaster today, it always is after a holiday. We'll see how things go. 

Well, work was bad as expected, so I ended up getting home an hour late. That kind of threw a wrench into my Ark plans.

But then Ark threw a wrench into my Ark plans anyway.

First I went out to try to find a female megatherium to breed with my male. There was a 145 theri standing literally right outside our taming pen so I lured it in and discovered D had dropped a wolf in there that was running around. He came back over and we got them both down and tamed up. D also tamed a 145 roo that was also standing nearby, because why not.

Got all that sorted, D logged for the night and I started my run to look for a mega. Got one rhino nearby kited into the pen and tamed up, then lost a really nice wild one to stupid pigs, so annoyed. It had great potential. Sigh. #Arklife, right? Overall I was about halfway through one loop and a rare giga spawned. I immediately went back to gear up while spamming E in Steam chat because I know he's been looking for another one. It was very late in his time zone but he was still up and jumped in game while I was busy scouting it out. Found the giga, a female, perfect for what he needed.

Together we trapped it, got it down and tamed. Nice. He bred her immediately when we got back to base of course. We hung out for a bit chatting and doing some cleanup around the base, then he went to bed.

By that point it was rather late, especially with my shortened time tonight. I did a small farming run, mass produced some sparkpowder and gunpowder, did a little more general cleanup, and that was it.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:29 PM, Pocolate said:

(SP, The Island) I successfully transferred back to the Island and started going through my breeding dinos. I pulled everything that had a replacement with higher stats and all of my previous mutations. To prevent confusion and to keep from hoarding, I killed off most of the old breeders and mutations. I left a few in the dino storage console to collect unfertilized eggs. I do use the dino storage mod, but I really only use it for breeding when I have live births happening. I much prefer to hatch my eggs and pick and choose which babies are claimed.

Once that was done, I arranged all of my new breeding projects: the rexes, the theri's, the deinonychus, and the yuty's. I tossed on their immobilising orbs and set everyone to wander so I don't have to stay in render distance to breed them. Next, I sorted through my dolphins so I could toss out my babies to imprint. Soon, I hope to take one out to look for deep sea loot crates.

I spent most of my day today hatching eggs to combine stats and starting to look for mutations. My head was swimming with numbers, so I had to write down base stats to even keep track. Between sessions, I ran the swamp cave and came out with nothing good. I also went to the volcano and grabbed more metal and crystal just in case I decide to build another breeding room after all. It is definitely getting a little crowded with all of the lines starting to unfold.

Ps you no longer need to enable wander to mate, there's a mate setting now

PVE Rag

Made some gas and tossed it in the generators.  Made a run for crystal and metal.

Went looking for bee hives.  While searching the upper plateau, NW of the green obelisk, I found a queen bee already out of the nest.  I thought somebody else might have been in the area so I waited for a few minutes but saw nobody.  So I put on the ghillie and repellant then tamed the bee.  Wish they were all that easy.  Lol.

Went back to base and made a small chamber next to the greenhouse and inserted the new hive.  

That was it today.

Single Player, Genesis 2

I wasn't originally planning to do this before the weekend but I got the download finished in a decent amount of time so I loaded up a fresh character and headed in.

I just want to say the tek suit is crazy to start with. I spent a lot of time just exploring, checking out the scenery and grabbing loot crates, all from the comfort of my suit. Eventually I had to stop and start building a little bit because I needed somewhere to store my loot.

It took awhile but I think I found my first base spot, I really like it so far.

20210603205516_1.thumb.jpg.5a0724bfe5d1b5c175e10c6d90c3277a.jpg

GPS coordinates in the top left corner of the screenshot for anyone interested. There's an equally lovely view perfectly framed on the other side too. There are tons of maewings over here and I've spotted a few sheep. I actually power punched one to death for its hide lol.

The loot crates are absurd, btw. I've been getting tek building pieces, I actually got a tek sword that I can't equip on this character, and I even have a maewing saddle already. Pretty good stuff. Wonder how long before they nerf the drops, should grab as many as you can now. Lots of mats too which is nice, and H-LNA has the hexagon store again for even more accessible stuff.

Anyway having picked my spot I started setting up. It's not pretty, just super basic stuff for now. But I've made my bed and my first set of metal tools, so that's pretty decent progress for about 2 hours when I spent half that time just flying around the map. Don't want to stay up too late and ruin myself for the busy day work is going to be tomorrow, so that was it for me.

• Like 2

Today I was downloading the update, and downloading the update, and downloading the update, and downloading the update, and I'm still downloading it because Steam is being Steam, so, basically, today in ARK I did nothing.

Fun fact is I don't even HAVE Genesis, I just want to try the few things that are for everyone: see how my dinos would bite an ARMORED training dummy, check out the enhanced epic settings, paint my cryofridges maybe... But even that little bit I can't do because it's. Taking. FOREVER!

Okay, it finally downloaded so:

(Official, Valguero): Logged on to find controls reset. And my engrams and skills, too. Controls are okay, but the engrams... I had to hop over to Ext again to get back my precious ability to make dust into element, and I HATE transferring servers! So, not a great start.

Made a training dummy, love its new appearance. And the fact that it can now be used to test ranged weapons, too. Too bad dino projectiles still don't count, so there's no testing my wyverns, velonas or manas.

Fed dinos.

Spotted a 140 female rex, with colors closer to Cinder's than those of the female  I already had for him.

Lured into the trap, knocked out, realized that 1:

I don't have enough kibble and 2:

Taming a rex will take a while so I might as well raise my wyverns a bit.

So I unpodded the wyverns, made some extra kibble, and went for a milk run.

Lured, knocked out, took milk, went home, but my internet connection betrayed me, and by the time I reconnected the milk had only 2 minutes left.

Also my wyvern was too high to call her.

So I built a box, put my stuff into it, and punched a trike to get myself killed.

Respawned home, took owl, went back, got wyvern, got my things, podded owl, got milk AGAIN, returned home, fed wyverns, finished taming the rex.

And she ended up not just with better looks than the previous one, but with MUCH better stats as well! Over 9000 health and 260% melee. I named her Margaret.

As for the previous female, I left her passive and unclaimed on the beach - maybe someone will take her.

Podded wyverns, logged off. I'll check on my (Official, Crystal Isles) and (Official, Extinction) sidebases today, but later.

(Singleplayer, The Island) Summoned Gen 2 creatures to see if they're cool. And... Well. Shadowmane is alright. Maewing... Eh. Pretty cool as a transport, but I don't like the looks.

Voidwyrm, predictably, is a wyvern. That's it. I prefer my wyverns organic.

Stryders. Cool looks, cool animations, cool ability to harvest stuff, but they're so. Damn. Slow!

Noglin is noglin. I don't like its appearance, it's an ugly thing. Mind-control ability is somewhat cool. Not enough to make me like it.

Astrodelphis is tropeo, but expensive and less tapejara. Meh.

And exomek is animated really well, but appearance-wise I like regular old MEKs much better: more jaeger, less egg with legs.

So, all in all, the creatures are kinda alright, but not enough to make me want Genesis.

(Official, Extinction) Since points were reset, placed them in a way best suitable for character's purpose (cave runs, harvesting and uploading of dust): 350 health, 350 weight, plenty fortitude.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles): Refreshed base, and re-leveled character. Points went into some health, lots of weight and fortitude (to carry crystals when I'm taming wyverns and survive if weather changes), and some food and water, because sometimes I run out and it's not like I can just hop off for a snack/drink from an UNCONTROLLABLE WILD WYVERN.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos