Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Bit of a bitty day yesterday, popped on in the morning and decided to find myself a Hesperonis, flew around the rivers for a bit to no joy finding one. I really should do a dino wipe, but since I uninstalled Scorched Earth +, there's still some Scorched dinos hanging around that we don't want to lose just yet, so it was the old fashioned way of murdering things to force a spawn. No dice though, I did however end up on the edge of the Redwoods, and found that 120 female Giganto that I'd lost track of. Still had the pen set up from the 125 I tamed yesterday, so got her to chase me into it, and popped home to grab kibble. Just had enough left, I'm gonna have to get a snake farm set up at some point.

That did for one session, and when I came back later I decided to go onto my SP Scorched Earth. I'd had a bit of a snafu with it a few days back when I forgot to load in with a mod and destroyed half of my base, tried to reload an earlier save but got the wrong one and the entire map was reset, so I thought bugger it and started afresh. I'm just up to the starter Adobe shack stage, had a crappy Parasaur who got killed, and a crappy Morella who's kept me safe, but is a pita to use since she has dire stamina. There was a 145 Morella close to my shack though so decided to grab him, all going well, he ran into a cliff, and was happily boomeranging him to oblivion when another bloody Morella dropped onto my head from the top of the cliff. My Morella started fighting him, but because I got knocked out of position, the one I was trying to ko shifted and went running off, no chance of catching him and he went straight into the canyon. No chance of carrying on koing him down there, too many other Morellas around. Crap, never mind, onto plan B, I was gonna get myself a Roo. Bit of prep required, had to go and get a load of mushrooms, trip to some nearby metal nodes to get stuff for the saddle, then went looking. Found a level 85 pretty quickly. Roos are easy tames if you have a Morella, you can get them stuck under its head, then just pull out a bow and start shooting. So I got him down, mushroomed up, and went to check the area to make sure it was safe, and blow me, a 145 Roo! Quick grabbed my precious 'shrooms off the 85 and turned him into pelt. Sprinted home to get more tranq arrows, having a bit of a set to with a couple of raptors on the way there and back, and got the new Roo down. Area was safe enough, plenty of Herbis around to block any raptors who might show up, so just hunkered down to wait. Got it tamed without any drama, and that was enough of Scorched for one day.

Headed back onto the Server, took Pitch out for a bit of a fly and found a 130 male Baryonyx, not as high as Sam was, but it'll do. Flew him back home and got him ko'd and kibbled up. I'd named Sam after Sam Neill, so therefore I named the new Bary Neil, after Sam Neill. I then found a 115 female Roo hopping around outside my base. Not the best but she'd do as a mate for my 150 male. Got her taming up and then the rest of the night was just spent levelling up the new Bary during the day, and the Megalo I tamed yesterday during the night, and that was about it.

I've had some nice luck and some not that great piece of luck in ARK during this special. I started breeding my ankys again and have now gotten a perfect 307 female with all of my best stats. With the three mutations I have, 313 is the highest level I'll get. I still want more melee on them, but I think getting an anky with better melee might be very difficult, but I'll still try. I also got a mutation in oxygen with additional banana-coloured spikes. Not pretty. S said I should breed a rainbow coloured anky and I've threatened to do that and to give it to her.

I've also started looking seriously for high level barys, as I want to breed them and use them on the Iso server. Unfortunately, I haven't really had much luck at all finding any. I have three of them, but none with over 40 levels in a single stat (nice colours on the females though). I did find a 145 spino for S and she got a new best food, so she was happy. I also found a level 75 spino with a black back, dark grey sides that she tamed. I held back on killing her to make up for killing a purple/lavender spino earlier. She'd never seen that colour on a wild spino before and I've seen it only once previously. I felt a bit bad after killing it. :(

I also found a 150-pela that I tamed. I think he got 49 levels on oxygen or something equally silly like that. I had a very nice view sitting on a rock waiting for him to tame:
aq2YDkd.jpg
I'm so happy that I can have the sky on 100% again. I've missed my clouds! I have to be careful though and keep and eye on the RAM usage. I've been up to 9.2GB, but still not crashed due to a memory leak yet, so something has changed. Another thing that has started after 258 is that sometimes the sky turns very red. It doesn't for S, but A also get this very red sky sometimes during sunrise. I have no idea why this happens and it's not ugly or anything, just looks a bit odd:
hKqdclS.jpg

I returned to the Iso server a bit today to check on my small herd of animals and because I got bored of not finding any high level barys. S has started playing on this server too, so I checked out her new base that I could go to by land instead of water compared to her starting base. I also harvested a great deal of crystal, because we're going to the red obelisk next weekend to look for high level ember crystal wyverns. I wanted some prime crystal, so I started picking fights with the...erm...colourful tropical crystal wyverns in the area I live in. My blood crystal wyvern is so poopy, that I almost exclusively picked fights with level 25's (he tamed out at level 215, but he has decent hp and that's about it). The highest level I fought with was a level 80 and my wyvern lost a good amount of health in that battle. :P I only got two prime crystals before giving up for the day.

We also found beaver dams much closer to home. There's a good beaver spawn just were she had her first base, just across the water from my base pretty much, I just never checked that area... Derp...

I need to transfer over my new blue terror bird to the Iso server tomorrow as I lost my other one to a mod bug unfortunately. I've been using an orange coloured terror bird, Satsuma, as a temporary replacement until the blue one was imprinted properly.

Oh, well. Back to looking for high level barys!

Edited by TotallyUncool

After 3 days of captivity I finally gave in and used a command line to despawn the 2 alpha raptors near my base. I tried killing them and luring them away, but they kept coming back. I kind of feel bad for cheating, even though I play single player, but it was either that or quitting the game in frustration. Hopefully tomorrow I can resume 'normal' play - meaning not hiding in my base.

On 6/6/2017 at 3:04 AM, Martinigirl said:

I've been trying for days to avoid an alpha raptor outside my base, when a second alpha raptor spawned in! How many more will come? I can hardly sneak in and out my base anymore. There is not a single herbivore around anymore since they kill everything. I waited 7 ingame days and they are still both there. I'm sp level 45. If anyone has ideas of how to deal with them, I'm all ears.

Sorry you had to experience that. Next time make you about 8-10 wooden or metal spikes. Get them running towards you then start placing them in front of you so they run into them. Then just proceed to box them in with the spikes. I actually use this tactic early on instead of using spears and arrows. Works like a charm. Good luck

Just now, pwellsua5645 said:

Sorry you had to experience that. Next time make you about 8-10 wooden or metal spikes. Get them running towards you then start placing them in front of you so they run into them. Then just proceed to box them in with the spikes. I actually use this tactic early on instead of using spears and arrows. Works like a charm. Good luck

Also helps to have S+ mod so you can just pick the spikes back up. Not sure this method would be worth it without S+ or unless your situation arises haha

10 hours ago, pwellsua5645 said:

Really? I actually had metal spike walls around my base, but they busted through in about 2 seconds and they did not seem to take any damage. It would take a lot of preparation since I'm out of metal right now, but I might try this next time. Thanks!

Alphas eat right thru spikes, FAST. Your best bet from what you said of your situation is to find a spot to get them stuck. Like a small hole created by rocks being near each other or a cliff. I would suggest looking for one before your luck runs out and another alpha shows up. If you can get a trike, you can probably beat a alpha raptor with well timed knock backs. The easiest way to deal with them is create a 2x2x2 metal pen with a ramp into it and a pillared platform to shoot down into it (make sure everything is made out of metal). At 45 you might have a Ptera, if so then just fly up the ramp with it chomping on your butt and over the pen. It will fall in and you can kill it at your pleasure. If you dont have a Ptera, make sure the wall opposite the ramp has a door in it, just haul butt up and into the pen and then out the door. Or just run in the pen and let it chase you in, kill you and then you can respawn and kill it. Note: This pen will also contain alpha carnos (but they will be able to attack stuff nearby, where the raptor cant), but not rexes.

You can put a dino gate instead of walls on one of the sides of the pen if you like and use it to tame other stuff as well. So its not just sitting there waiting for alpha use.

Edited by Moonie1

Bred 4 rexes on official pve server, lvls 278 and one was mutated blue. Spent hours hand feeding. Passed time by building structures for a snow biome outpost so i could tame a 150 dire wolf for pelt funs. Also managed to tame a 150 Daeodon...those things seem to be abit buggy atm? 

Not played a great deal as been busy busy, did pop on for a bit though, and went looking for Megatheriums since I now have honey coming out of my ears. Only found a couple and they were junky and not worth bothering with. Did find a 150 male Mammoth though, a nice white one so decided to nab him since my pair of 150 Mammoths were specced before they got the wood weight boost, and checking this one out he had a lovely weight stat to start with. Then whilst waiting for him to tame I found a 145 female Rhino. Thought the Mammoth would be all tamed up and flew her to the pen, but he was still down and out of food. I'd been a silly bugger and for some reason had the taming calc set to 4x instead of 2x, so I hadn't put nearly enough kibble on him. Whilst I was working this out the Rhino decided she was going to go for a swim, and I looked up just in time to see the sharks finish her off. Bugger. Lost the Rhino and the TE was ruined on the Mammoth now, so had to wake him up, then hang around and wait for him to heal up before I could re knock him out. So bit of a fail day, but eventually I got a nice Mammoth out of it. Just need to decide now what to do with Quinn, my existing 150 male Mammoth, whether to upload him or just give him the chop.

Quiet night for me, hatched triplet Rexes off my new melee line, hatched my 3rd Oviraptor egg in 3 days(looking for color mutations as I'm bored,  all have been male and piked so far) and did a bit of politicking on my server, trying to squash a beef between a couple of smaller tribes that are built right next to me and are both coming close to meeting my Gigas (I HATE pointless arguing in global chat)

Also have 2 days left on my 3 baby gigas that I have floating and alot of people panicking that everything in stasis will die when the update drops on xbox later 

Actually it wasn't that quiet, I also started on my new egg tame barn, tamed a male ovis to go with my 3 females and took delivery of 3 mutated 235 melee guarenteed giga eggs and a 220 with a color mutation I've been trying to get a hold of for 3 months that I'm hatching probably tomorrow

Today is raid day so I may or may not be off server dealing with some troublesome trolls, if not I'll just finish the pen and re fert so I don't have to Sunday, do another Oviraptor and maybe breed my 3 female ovis as I need more Quetzals to replace some I lost in a raid and am having trouble getting really good post nerf eggs 

Picked out a reasonably central base location with a bay, and am still considering whether or not to spend any more time on a server.  On nights my internet refuses to cooperate, it makes my life hell.  Otherwise, just more tedium.  Now I get to build a moving raft, oh what fun.

Almost got offline raided today. Luckily our ally noticed that someone was trying to raid us and killed most of their tames. I got on just in time to kill the last turtle. We got there server number from the tames and on of them was stupid enough to type in chat so we got their GT. After checking his friend list i found another GT of one of the people that tried to raid us. This GT was similar to the other GT. The only difference was their name at the end, which was also their character name. After comparing their friend lists we found some of their tribe members. A couple of them have their captures open to anyone and one of them even made a video that was 5 minutes long while running around their base. So we are preparing to pay them a visit later today. 

Found and tamed up a 110 Megatherium, a 135 female Rhino, a 145 female Moschops, and a 150 male wolf. The wolf didn't have any decent stats so went straight into the has-been and never-was pack. Also managed to lure a 150 female Carno away from the Yuty she was following, and finally found a three figure Megalania, a 105 male. Spent the rest of the time after that wall crawling everywhere I could for the fun of it.

not bad to say I logged in with the sole intention of farming metal xD

Edited by Kraken

I tried a few matches in FFA SoTF and usually made it to the last 10 minutes or less, but never killed anyone.  Spent more time trying to find things to tame and also trying to simply survive.  Managed to tame a sabertooth and an Argent, but found when trying to land the Argent I get dismounted which seemed lame.  Shortly after getting the Argent though a Carno event happened and a bunch of raptors ate my sabertooth, and I struggled to try and get on my almost dead argent to only get backed into rocks and brutally killed by the raptor pack.  They really need a SoTF battle arena that is smaller and has no taming allowed with only drops and gear laying around here and there.  That way you can just get to the fighting faster imo.

I set up Mixer on my xbox, phone and laptop then steamed for a while whilst watching my own stream on laptop and phone lol. It was fun but very strange. 

Unfortunately the stream hadn't saved and that's the main reason I set it up in the first place. Need to look into it.