So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

A bit of sad news today, that job I was applying for declined me. Big kick in the groin over that but oh well! Move on I guess!

Last night I got on for a bit. Did a bit of farming then went to get some sap. Loaded a bunch of wood, ingots into my Argy and flew off to Green ob Dams. Had a fantastic run there, almost 4000 paste. Used 1600 of it to make a couple tree platform and sap taps. Placed a platform on the two trees near green, need to add the taps to second tree later. Built a small spawn box on one and grabbed sap. On the way over I spotted a 130 trike pure yellow with some nice colours and been meaning to try some different dinos this time - tamed it.

Found a neat bug with the stack ini. One of the taps I opened when it had 1 sap and upon later opening it had 21 sap instead of the usual 20. Im thinking ill test this a tad later maybe I can over-stack sap in the taps. Not much advantage to this because they cant be locked - but neat none the less.

Got back home and started making some kibble. Got a few of each kibble up to superior made and did a bit of organizing around. Didnt do much else - need to try and get some egger Theriz and later need to get some Yuty. Im going to break my rules a tad here because Extraordinary kibble is so important. 

Edited by d1nk
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Anarki said:

I finally logged on last night to be nicely surprised to see that the Easter event was still running. I didnt manage to do much as I was still quite sore and tired from hobbling around at work all day. I did manage to pop round and feed the base (Center) and get some eggs ready for incubation. I didnt bother with Ext, Ab or Rag as they are all practically in Cryo-shutdown.

I saw some Easter Pteras which I will hopefully pop on tonight and tame a few for the colours :)

Before the end of the week, I need to get myself a 190 Ice Wyvern and a 190 Lightning - doesnt have to be Easter colours, even though one would be nice. In my collection I have 2 x 190 Fires 100% imp to me, and 2 x 190 Posions 100% imp to me. My 190 Ice and 190 Lightnings were gifts so Id really like to get myself a pair of 100% imp to finish my little Wyvern Squad off nicely :)

Hope you are recovering well.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

A bit of sad news today, that job I was applying for declined me. Big kick in the groin over that but oh well! Move on I guess!

Sorry to hear that man .... keep plugging away.  My current job I found via my Mom's husband. He was a university professor, and he still likes to help his old students when they are job hunting. While looking for someone else, he came across a job, and thought of me instead.  Bang, Boom I got a job.   My point being, keep the faith, you never know when a great job will just pop up!

(I think Calgary needs a goaltender?) ?

• Like 1

PS4 - Ragnarok - Crazy Boosted German Server

Long story short .... last night while grabbing Ice cave drops, I decide to look for event wyvern eggs.  Take best Ptera w/ ASC saddle.  Go to Wyver scar, steal level 360 Poison egg, kiting away a dozen wyverns

Go back and get a level 310 Lightning from a gorgeous yellow, white and Royal blue parent!, kite away dozen more wyverns.

Go back AGAIN, and get a level 310 Poison from a hot pink and red with neon blue parent, kite away a few more wyverns. I then decide that I should transfer the eggs to my Ptera ?

Decide to get greedy as I REALLY want a Fire Wyvern ... (dum dum dummmmmmmmmmmm)  see no wyverns, swoop in and am grabbing a level 170 Fire wyvern egg; when a a trio of wyverns attack out of nowhere, and I cannot get on my Ptera, I can see it, but I cannot activate the button to jump on. I'm in flames, Pteras in flames, and then I get bumped by the wyverns and I fall to the bottom of the scar. somehow I survived! but barely. I start running to find a hiding spot, while whistling follow me to my ptera. But my Ptera is nowhere to be found.

Soon, I become a wyvern snack, courtesy of a level 360 Poison.

Spawn all the way back at base in upper hidana.... grab back up armor, and jump on Mr. Yuck my Poison wyvern.  We find my body bag, and end up grabbing 3 more eggs, but all lower levels, and we never found my ptera.   No death message, but I cannot find him.  So I lost those event colored good eggs. :Jerbcry:

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, d1nk said:

Gutted to hear that, its never a nice feeling that. Hoping your not feeling too down about it. At the very least am sure the process has given you more experience and stands you in good sted for the next one. Stay strong my friend am sure you'll theres better thing round the corner :)

• Like 2

Pretty busy night last night, good thing I don't really need a lot of sleep...

First, my base. I cleaned up the stone foundations, then built the main building in wood. I had to move quite a bit of things around to accommodate the change in space. It's a pretty narrow build. I think I might expand the back of it out a little with triangle foundations to add a dedicated kitchen. I am having some problems with building the roof, I want to do it in a specific way and the snap points are refusing to cooperate. Otherwise I would share a screenshot of it.

Still having some issues with wild spawns in my base even though I put some foundations down to stop them. They'll probably keep spawning until I actually start building on that side.

With my home now coming together properly, I decided to work on getting levels to finally get the cooker sorted. So I jumped on my highest level lightning wyvern and went to the highlands to grab a sheep in case I found something to tame. While there we decided to visit the wyvern nests and check the eggs. Unfortunately we attracted attention from a pair of wyverns. A lightning and a fire, of course the first one didn't matter but we were having a really hard time with the fire. The new wyvern's stamina was a little low and that ended up dooming us both. When it killed us the message popped up--the fire wyvern was a 180 and mine was a relatively fresh faced 170. Ouch. I jumped on Norothrax, my first raised wyvern a 155 poison with a lot more levels from use, and went back to recover my body.

Grumpy with the loss of my wyvern, I decided to go run desert drops instead. Didn't get much of interest but did fight and kill my first deathworm. Scouted for thorny dragons on the way and found one to tame. Grabbed it and carried it all the way home to drop in my pen. On the way home I saw a 160 ice wyvern, so I went back to look for it and maybe pull it over to a nest. Sadly it had despawned already, but I found a wild quetz egg. Did not see the quetz literally right there and she started attacking us. Went hmm and led it over to my taming pen, then started shooting it while it circled around Noro. Of course it ran, we chased and I actually did manage to KO it...in the sandstone cliffs. But we got super lucky, somehow the quetz landed on top of a tree instead of falling all the way down into the canyon. It made it extremely difficult to get into its inventory but we managed. So that was my accidental quetz tame, I hadn't even really planned on getting one since wyverns can carry almost everything. It's female at least so eggs yay.

Mostly on a whim we went back to the desert and scouted for more thorny dragons and drops. I ended up taming two more, including one easter one. The last one I tamed ended up with 41 melee to go with my 41 weight. Honestly not sure if it's worth taming a few more to hope for a little higher roll or if I should just go with what I've got. Well, I still need to tame a few more to get the colors I want anyway. I plan to do a natural color morph and I think I'll practice stacking mutations on these.

Took Norothrax down into the canyons to go fight alphas, there's a ton down there. I am so close to 89 now but it was getting late and I needed to go to bed.

Tonight's plan is to level up, get the cooker, maybe build a grinder, maybe look for more thorny dragons and some general weekend prep. I might scout for another wyvern egg with my griffin, I can't really afford to lose Noro or my surviving lightning wyvern. Honestly I really want a high level ice wyvern, the first wyvern I ever tamed was a gorgeous ice and I just loved him.

• Like 4

PS4 - Crazy Boosted German Server - Ragnarok

Quick Recap:

Built Wyvern trap near scar, got milk, hatched Level 100 Fire Wyvern, used Owl to increase its health when ran out of milk.

tamed 2 more event Griffins, no event Thylas found, even after killing all others, no more event griffins, stole a couple more Wyvern eggs, included a 360 Fire, got a 110 Ice Wyvern egg ... beautiful blue tones.. can't wait to hatch.

Tamed beautiful black and red with white Tapejara. Then within moments of it standing up, I accident hit wrong button on controller, and my fire wyvern killed it.

Logged off and went to bed early.

• Like 2

Got on last night with plans to do some taming. ARK happened and I didnt tame a single thing.

Puttered around the base and decided we need to stock back up on ingots. I figured id bring a genny and fridge to new outpost, along with the transmitter from Forge outpost. (I love the pickup options) 

Put the premades, a thylo, an extra argy and other stuff in the transmitter, bed hopped to the Canyon and did a metal run. Brought the ingots and my extra argy to the new waterfall outpost nearby, set up a genny and fridge (temp) along with parking my Argy there for quick bedhop paste runs. As I was looting dams I kept getting dams without paste... I counted over 10! So I called out in chat, turns out the new tribe who built over the dams thought paste regens.. wrong. They appologized and I cleaned all the dams up.

Did another metal run, then hit the ice queen. Got good loot this time @AngrySaltire will be jelly.. premade Asc Desert cloth chest and a nice 288% asc pick bp (among other premade fur and stuff)

Transferred everything back to our Islaourthen struck a trade with one of the tribes. We were discussing boss fights and such, one of the tribes asked to buy some theriz eggs off us. I told him we dont need regular trade stuff and id take some artifacts or two 190 wyv eggs.

This weekend im going to hit the easter event hard. I plan to farm the scar a bunch and try to get some.easter bloodlines going

• Like 1

My tribemate's little outpost was raided the other day and they killed our fairly high level she-bear. So we want another obviously. Well our tribe's quetzel died a week or so ago because no one bothered to check food levels. It's wasn't the world's best quetz or anything, but it made things a lot easier as we only have argies to carry anything now. 

Fast forward to last night... tribemate wants to get more bears. We throw together a quick taming pen. He insisted we didn't need bear traps and didn't want to farm the mats for them. We decide to try our luck and see what we can do with 2 people and 2 birds. Took a while to find a bear over level 20 and we stumbled into a 150! Fantastic! Tried to kite it around with the argy. Bad plan. The 150 bear hit like a truck. Barely got it up the little canyon to our pen. So I went to murder things to try to heal up. Found 3 theri's and a yuti waaaaay too close for comfort. Tribemate helps me get rid of those. Time to rinse and repeat this bear kiting attempt. Tribemate decides to hoof it and try to kite the thing on foot. 2 shot dead, bear has hardly moved. 

Finally we get the stupid thing in the pen and get the door closed. Wait... that sound isn't good. We forgot bears break wood. Raptor it now we have an angry bear on the loose. Got enough darts in him to make him run. So we try chasing him down. Tribe mate runs out of darts. Bear is super close to dropping. I've been so preoccupied chasing this stupid thing that I didn't realize I had drawn the aggro of 4 more bears. I hop back on my bird and escape, but my tribemate wasn't so lucky. He and his bird are bear food. Logged after that without a bear. Plus side, I found a lot more bee hives that are reachable since we haven't tamed a bee yet. Silver lining I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BipedTadpole said:

My tribemate's little outpost was raided the other day and they killed our fairly high level she-bear. So we want another obviously. Well our tribe's quetzel died a week or so ago because no one bothered to check food levels. It's wasn't the world's best quetz or anything, but it made things a lot easier as we only have argies to carry anything now. 

Fast forward to last night... tribemate wants to get more bears. We throw together a quick taming pen. He insisted we didn't need bear traps and didn't want to farm the mats for them. We decide to try our luck and see what we can do with 2 people and 2 birds. Took a while to find a bear over level 20 and we stumbled into a 150! Fantastic! Tried to kite it around with the argy. Bad plan. The 150 bear hit like a truck. Barely got it up the little canyon to our pen. So I went to murder things to try to heal up. Found 3 theri's and a yuti waaaaay too close for comfort. Tribemate helps me get rid of those. Time to rinse and repeat this bear kiting attempt. Tribemate decides to hoof it and try to kite the thing on foot. 2 shot dead, bear has hardly moved. 

Finally we get the stupid thing in the pen and get the door closed. Wait... that sound isn't good. We forgot bears break wood. Raptor it now we have an angry bear on the loose. Got enough darts in him to make him run. So we try chasing him down. Tribe mate runs out of darts. Bear is super close to dropping. I've been so preoccupied chasing this stupid thing that I didn't realize I had drawn the aggro of 4 more bears. I hop back on my bird and escape, but my tribemate wasn't so lucky. He and his bird are bear food. Logged after that without a bear. Plus side, I found a lot more bee hives that are reachable since we haven't tamed a bee yet. Silver lining I guess. 

I would laugh and just shake my head.  Except I've been there, done that myself. Feel your pain!

Got on for a bit tonight. Quickly checked our bases on the other maps were fine, mainly to check that the generators were all good, with the reduced tamed dino hunger and generator usage, it really isnt a worry.

The hoped back onto Ragnarok. Decided to take a break from the new build and do a bit of Easter taming. First priority was otters so I grabbed my wyvern, itchyornis and Baryonyx and went hunting at my 3 favourite otter spawns in the south. Got lucky in the first pool, an ugly yellow/purple otter but I tamed it up anyway. In the second pool I found a green otter, but I decided just to kill it. In the third pool I just about struck gold and found the dream otter, a blue one with a cyan back stripe. The dream being a cyan with a blue back stripe. But I tamed it up anyway, I am not a fan of the cyan back stripe but with a bit of breeding I can keep the blue and add in my white underbelly and a dark back stripe. Looks like I used up all my luck in the first round on the spawns didnt get lucky after that, need to keep looking for that cyan body and blue back stripe otter.

I then went back to the Highlands for some wyvern eggs. Fired up my destroyer motorboat, filled up the turrets with a stack of bullets each and moored just offshore from the scar. Started nabbing eggs and luring all the wyverns I could back to the raft. Not much luck, all low levels, until the 12th egg I got a 175 lightning egg. I kept hunting until I cleared the entire scar of eggs and bled all my turrets dry, the last fire wyvern I had to kite about the boat to let the plant x turrets deal with it. In total I hauled about 14 or 15 eggs back to my carrier motorboat before logging off.

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Did another metal run, then hit the ice queen. Got good loot this time @AngrySaltire will be jelly.. premade Asc Desert cloth chest and a nice 288% asc pick bp (among other premade fur and stuff)

Well jealous ? I look forward to grabbing some nice BPs when scorched comes around. Full ascendant desert cloth is the dream .

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DarotheWolf said:

I logged in after a hard day at work, almost ready to start breeding after a week of tutorials, only to find a whole in the middle of my base and all my tames dead. It will take a whole other week to get back to where I was.

Holy crap thats bad. Damn...

I once again reach out now for a server to find. A server with space for me start playing.

Hopefully I find one with no assholes pillar-ing up the whole goddamn maps.

Eventful night last night! Logged on and started prepping. Loaded up my argy with the 3000 bullets in one of our boxes, grabbed my two pelagornis from the cryofridge (leveled em mostly hp and some stam) and took off to the scar.

Took the boat, loaded it full of bullets and parked near the scar. It begins! I take off flight on my.... Pelagornis... into the scar. First second in there a fire wyvern aggros onto me, dodge and weave it back near boat to die. Got in the trench again and grabbed the first egg to start luring em out. Some low level. 3 wyverns start chasing me, mix bag of one of each. Thank Raptorjesus I leveled hp, the lightnings hurt and pelagornis is sooo slow lol. I made it. Cleared out the scar slowly twice and made out with 9 eggs total.. all low.level.

I didnt think id actually be able to do it. Almost died every lightning wyvern lol. I tried to push further but that alpha fire scared me. Today im.going to throw a small FOB on the other side of the scar to kill the alpha and get more eggs.

Grabbed all the eggs from the boat and flew home. Along the way stopped at a tribes base to make them a Cooker then got back, organized all the eggs (that hlvl lightning is in your folder, Saltire)

Went for a quick trip to SE island to search for a Thyla and my second thyla. Was a 145 :) Knocked it out, brought it back to base and let it tame out. Stood up with higher melee than my currents 313%. We now have 6.3k hp 313m thyla (once combined) Need more melee.

After that I took off to Green Ob with a premade taming pen to try and get a bear. While there gathered some.Honey and searched forever, no good bears. Just flying around top of Canyon spotted a 50 female theriz and aftr a few close calls got it knocked out. Long grueling tame and got it cryo'd and flew back to base.

When I got back I made 40x of each Focal chilli and Laz chowder and made some Extraordinary kibble to tame some Thyla! Organized a bit then went to sleep

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ragnarok 

Started of the night by going back on the hunt for wyvern eggs. Grabbed an egg from the fridge and used that as bait to wyverns for the first kite with out even entering the scar. Fired up the destroyer raft again and moored it offshore again. Kited the wyverns to the raft over and over again. Got lucky with one or two high level eggs such as a 175 fire but most seemed to be low level, swear they were all 50s lol. On one of my many kites I noticed a gorgeous max level blue and yellow posion wyvern in the flock, pity it would be impossible to separate it and keep it alive. Shredded that flock and went back to the scar where I saw that wyvern appear from and hey presto a max level poison egg, can't wait to hatch that egg up. On the next kite I noticed a 175 yellow and purple poison wyvern chasing me. Went back to the trench and found a 175 poison egg in the hidden crevas nest, I set that one aside that for d1nk (its in your fridge). Finished up and took the destroyer back to sit next to the carrier and took my haul of ~20 eggs back to our main base, most of which shall be turned into kibble.

I was going to go back on my otter hunt but I instead got dragged along on a Ice Queen hunt with d1nk. I have prepped many time on other servers to do this but I have never actually even attempted it, so it was a great adventure. Apparantly I nearly got both of us killed on entering the cave. We both travelled to the cave on a griffin and I went straight for the narrow crouch entrance to get past the bears not realising that the cave unmounts flyers rather than blocks, thankfully d1nk stopped me at the last moment. We went in with cryoed thylas. Right at the start of the cave I managed to bug out my crouch, seems to happen quiet regularly where I cant uncrouch and I have to resort to waddle everywhere but thankfully we were doing this cave mounted. Ran around grabbing all the drops (think the star loot being an asc whip bp) and we melted all the deathworms, I need to work on an imprinted thyla, am still using my wild tamed one. Got the the Ice Queen chamber and muched her without much of an issue, grabbed the loot and artifact before bailing the cave.

• Like 2

Been busy taming thyla all event weekend, I must've killed over 100 (have the claws to prove it xD ) and tamed probably 6 135+ this weekend alone. Still not a single easter coloured high level. Did amass some decent stats thus far though. Combined the stats and imprinted a new thyla with the higher stats. Spent most of the morning searching for Thyla and breeding.

When Saltire logged in we did an Ice Cave run then I raised that 175 event poison he got me. Got 100% (Cryo trick still works - no milk)  During the imprints I made some mindwiped and crafted up a few kits, really high dura mc flak legs and made a few picks, armours etc.

Kept hatching Thyla with over 15 babies now not inheriting the stats - tedious. 

Made a new Wyvern FOB for the other side of the Scar and went over to set it up. Im always a few pieces short but its in working order. Went back home, along the way did a trade with a server mate - a few of our theriz eggs for what I thought would be a 175 fire egg. Turned out he gave me 2x 170s 165 and a 155 egg, all gotten during the event so Ill hatch tomorrow to check. Anything non-event (besides 1 fire for alphas) is going to get sent to another server. 

Got back home and yet again - spent a few hours searching for Thyla. Tamed another 2x 135 in hopes for better stats and only got a weight increase. Its much faster with a wyvern now. 

Took a bunch of plant z and y and went off in search of light pets. Spent another hour or so cleaning the island with no luck. Went off to the desert to search for more easter tames. Upon arriving I spotted the desert build spot I wanted was still free so I popped up a few walls and foundationed off the area for spawn control until I build here later. Im hitting desert drops between jerboa & thyla hunting. Ive put so much time searching for a nice event Thyla I cant give up now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Still not a single easter coloured high level. Did amass some decent stats thus far though.

Anychance if you see a main body blue or cyan could you tame it ? I dont care what level it is even a level 5, I would breed the heck out of it. Muchos gracias senior :)

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I raised that 175 event poison he got me. Got 100% (Cryo trick still works - no milk)  During the imprints I made some mindwiped and crafted up a few kits, really high dura mc flak legs and made a few picks, armours etc.

Did it come out the colours I described ? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Anychance if you see a main body blue or cyan could you tame it ? I dont care what level it is even a level 5, I would breed the heck out of it. Muchos gracias senior :)

Did it come out the colours I described ? 

Sure thing! Yes it did, magenta body, yellow wing membranes and cyan belly. If didnt have cyan belly itd be epic but I like it a lot still

Tamed a 140 event Theriz after I typed up that story, also left out a 140 event Castaroides too, blue body yellow stripe

• Like 1