What are the best base locations (Island)

What are the best base locations (Island)

Just as the title asks, what are the best base locations on the island. Resources proximity isnt really an issue and i have no interest in bases that block alot of metal spawns like volcano.
My tribe and I are currently trying to find a new place to build our breeding center so perhaps that could be kept in mind for suggestions.

If you're asking where the best places to build are then chances are a million other people know about those same spots. My suggestion is tame a few birds and fly around the maps with your team members and find a spot that suits your needs. If you can't find a nice flat space that isn't occupied then pillars are your best friend. 

Good luck in your travels 

Here's where I have my newest base. Good access to water, metal, wood, berries, stone, some crystal, the swamp is nearby for rare flowers & mushrooms, to the right there's the lower south cave and you get airdrops (white to yellow) - but it is quite dangerous there because of Therizinos, Troodons, Spinos and Carnos. From time to time there are Alpha Raptors spawning, too.

KOvWEnz.jpg

Your base is in a fairly decent location i suggest moving a little further north kind of into the swamp biome i know it dangerous at first but get a decent base hidden in the trees or even a raft base in the swamp river and you will go a long way no one really goes there so no noobs griefing you as the wild dinos will kill them. build foundations in a largr square and place dino gates around them .

35 minutes ago, DeltaCharlie00 said:

the small southern island its almost the farthest thing in that are from the coast. easily fortified from the C shape of the cliffs. water access to its limited because it has shallow water and the small entrances to its cove are easily blocked too.

Are you really suggesting building on herbi island? :/

From my experience, if I was to rebuild in a different spot to where I am at now would be the Red Wood Forrest area just South of the Volcano. You are centrally located on the map. With a flyer you can mine and transport metal all day at the Volcano. You can build a ground base on the beach or just above the cliff edges. You can also build some nice tree platform bases with a few close redwood trees. There is no part of the map you can't get too quickly with a fast Pteranadon. All kinds of resource gathering animals right in that area as well.

Archived