What is your opinion about the WC support. Let us know!

littleDog

Tell us what do you think about the WC support. Good things bad things?

My personal opinion:

Gamemasters are good and bad ones there. But the most are good. 

WC support about Server outtakes is the worst support I have ever seen in a Game. Center 625 for example, Battle EYE offline since 2 days. This server needs only a restart with battleeye so its not kicking the people all 2 minutes. Yes there will be again all that gamecrashes and server crashes with rollbacks. But better that then nothing. 

Where is the WC server support? Are there only guys with no skills working? Man I had so many private servers of different Games in my life. All in the top 5 of private Servers listed. And this guys here didnt learn anything about what support means. Its a no go that a server isnt working for more then 5 hours. And its totally deadly to give the people no official informations. Better give bad news like "we are working on it" and take servers offline then let them online and say nothing. If you continue this way you will kill the game in the next months and its dead before it is releaed.

But maybe its not them, maybe its the boss of WC that is just bad. I dont know, and I dont care. But WC learn from your mistakes and fails or you will die soon. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Studio Wildcard team is out of office until the end of the Thanksgiving holidays. They will be back in office tomorrow and then they will probably take care of it and push a fix for the broken Moschops harvesting mechanic. One of my ticket is open and the GM told me that they are out of office until 28th November and that he will respond as soon as he is back in office.

If the forums are anything to go by, they must be saints for continuing to put up with us.
I honestly don't even want to know how many tickets they have to wade through about people complaining and being entitled, just to get to the people actually needing help, so they can actually do their job rather than babysit a bunch of attentionseekers. Nominating them for Most Ungrateful Job 2017.

12 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

If the forums are anything to go by, they must be saints for continuing to put up with us.
I honestly don't even want to know how many tickets they have to wade through about people complaining and being entitled, just to get to the people actually needing help, so they can actually do their job rather than babysit a bunch of attentionseekers. Nominating them for Most Ungrateful Job 2017.

2 hours ago, littleDog said:

Tell us what do you think about the WC support. Good things bad things?

My personal opinion:

Gamemasters are good and bad ones there. But the most are good. 

WC support about Server outtakes is the worst support I have ever seen in a Game. Center 625 for example, Battle EYE offline since 2 days. This server needs only a restart with battleeye so its not kicking the people all 2 minutes. Yes there will be again all that gamecrashes and server crashes with rollbacks. But better that then nothing. 

Where is the WC server support? Are there only guys with no skills working? Man I had so many private servers of different Games in my life. All in the top 5 of private Servers listed. And this guys here didnt learn anything about what support means. Its a no go that a server isnt working for more then 5 hours. And its totally deadly to give the people no official informations. Better give bad news like "we are working on it" and take servers offline then let them online and say nothing. If you continue this way you will kill the game in the next months and its dead before it is releaed.

But maybe its not them, maybe its the boss of WC that is just bad. I dont know, and I dont care. But WC learn from your mistakes and fails or you will die soon. 

Bro my experience with WC support is very good. Any support and cuter service work on basis of first come/ticket first serve. Do you really know how many official servers are?

If you submit a ticket doesn't mean WC people waiting for an individual to complain and quickely run for solution. Wait for your turn bro, chill and have fun.

4 hours ago, Kogadins said:

The Studio Wildcard team is out of office until the end of the Thanksgiving holidays. They will be back in office tomorrow and then they will probably take care of it and push a fix for the broken Moschops harvesting mechanic. One of my ticket is open and the GM told me that they are out of office until 28th November and that he will respond as soon as he is back in office.

Official server support is outsourced to zendesk primarily, secondarily outsourced to reverb, and lastly handled peripherially by Wildcard.

Fault on both ends. I know this is EA and not a "triple A" production but since the user base is so large, they really ought to bring in more people for the customer support side, at least until a few months after the official release, when there are still so many re-occuring problems to iron out. And with each patch (or dare i say, "DLCs"), more of these troublesome bugs will find their way in. I do hope they are currently structured/divided into different troubleshooting sections. Like hacking/glitching accusation are being dealt by one group of people, bug reports by other, server problems by third and such. It still baffles me i and my mates have all had to wait for a week for a simple teleportation job. We have all had our dinos stuck in every swamp cave tree now, i think (I have personally been a victim of 3 trees :D)

But also, people are stupid. Some wait 2 days and make another ticket, thinking first didn't get attention or was simply "skipped". others crying for a compensation in a case of "strategic gorilla warfare" and maybe calling it hacks when there was non. Lets be honest, most cave dwellers don't even know they have 6x dmg to buildings. Or peeps being caught "doing stuff" withing an update/server crash. Seeing how many Timberlake fans come here, to the forum, to complain, I kind of imagine their numbers being even higher behind the ticket stand.

I dont know. I sure hope they classify and delegate all the tickets to get most efficiency out of it. Fast response would definitely raise the community' morale, no matter the issue at hard.

• Administrator
On 11/27/2016 at 3:34 PM, Novarae said:

Official server support is outsourced to zendesk primarily, secondarily outsourced to reverb, and lastly handled peripherially by Wildcard.

hahaha, I'd love to know how you came up with this theory.

#1 Zendesk is just the software I used to setup the support system and integrate it into these forums and our game. 

#2 Reverb has absolutely nothing to do with our support service.

#3 We handle our own support, all of it. We don't outsource anything.

In my dealings with Wildcard i have only had positive outcomes, people have to understand that tickets wont be answered instantly they would as im sure have a high demand and have to sift their way through the tickets that are just whining and the ones that are actually a legitimate issue. On the server i admin for we also have a ticket system so i know what it can be like.

Aside from Ubisoft, i have never encountered a worse support. 
It started out good, but between over-moderating the forums and under-moderating the game they have made some booboo's. 
I have tried multiple times to submit tickets, but there is always something that goes wrong. Either my problem isn't an option, or i get answers that send me to a FaQ, giving me the idea that most tickets aren't even read. 
The only thing worse about this game than the glitches, is the community support. 

Years ago, I was a GM for Everquest. I can't speak for how Ark runs things, but I can say that running support for ANY online game take a ton of time and energy, and a lot of people. If anything, I suspect they're just overwhelmed. Ark got very popular very quickly, and they're still struggling to catch up. Plus, you have to remember that it's still a pre-release! There are going to be bugs!

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived