Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Community Crunch 182: Auto-Decay Back Tomorrow & Social Roundup!

    Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

    Decay Timers Return Tomorrow!

    612E74C3029354FD570BB05B6F4DB937AB4BB2DB

    A little repost from last week, now with accurate timing!

    Over a month ago we announced we were temporarily disabling our decay timer on our official servers. This was done in order to allow for our customer support to successfully reunite players with their tribes, bases, and tamed creatures after an issue caused some players characters to be deleted. Our customer support has been able to address many of these concerns that were as a result of the incident last month, and therefore we are re-enabling the decay timer tomorrow, Tuesday, May 21st. 

    A note for those who have not logged in recently, if a structure on your server is over the timer limit it will automatically be removed when the servers restart with this change enabled. Therefore any spam structures will be cleaned from your server immediately. If you have refreshed your base in the last ~8 days (more/less depending on structure type), your structures will be safe just as they were before the decay was disabled.

    We look forward to having our servers cleaned up tomorrow. Our servers may take a little longer to boot up (especially on popular PVE servers) with this enabled so we appreciate your patience during tomorrows server deployment.

    Social Roundup!

    Image result for ark lasso

    The Social Roundup is geared to showing you some of the social activity you might be otherwise missing. Here we will highlight some of the posts that happened on our various social platforms. Topics might range from existing bugs to questions about events or future content. 

    ON MESHING:

    There has been quite a bit of discussion on social regarding meshing since our last console update where our improved mesh detection was added. We want to acknowledge that the immediate results have not been as impactful as our players have expected, but we want to assure everyone that this is something we are actively working on on a consistent and daily basis. Going forward we believe console players (and all players) will see more positive action taking place, as we continue to expend resources on decreasing the meshing problems. We want to also extend a thank you for your patience with us. We have made great strides in reducing the problem, but there is still more work to be done.

    ON ARKPOCALYPSE:

    From Wildcard Panda:

    Quote

    ARKpocalypse servers wipe every 30 days. The next wipe will be on the 23rd.

    In case you're not aware, our ARKpocalypse servers are a special set of servers that wipe on a monthly basis. You can join a freshly wiped server in just a few more days if you're interested in a faster pace environment without the threat of establish alpha tribes. Just search for ARKpocalypse in your server browser!

    Evolution Event!

    large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

    Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 24th of May at 1 PM EST until Monday the 27th of May at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

    • 2x Harvesting Rates
    • 2x Taming Rates
    • 2x EXP Rates

    That's it for this post!

    As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

    Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

    All the best,
    Studio Wildcard

    Shinehorn screenshot by survivor ZoaLive.


    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Got Meshed on classic servers.

    Reported it last week.

    Meshers still playing Ark and monetizing it on twitch tv.

    Sigh...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    26 minutes ago, Scrizz77 said:

    Come on... again I'll ask... something about Nintendo switch please... I dont even care if it's a crappy answer lol I just wanna know something

    They don't have anything for Xbox or PS4 either. Just sit and wait

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    We have been steadily getting meshed for the past two weeks by three or four different mesh teams on official pvp servers. They were bold enough to come into our party chat and tell us that someone is paying them in euros to mesh us. Talk about your game being exploited. We all have tek railguns, scouts, and parasaurs and have successfully defended our bases with them and sent wildcard tons of footage. It's our only defense however and it's only a matter of time before this method of cheating deletes our hard work completely. Maybe if you guys improved the tek railgun to act more as a sniper rifle. It's really laggy to use and consumes way too much element. That or add another weapon that acts like a parasaur that locks and kills a player out from under the map that aids the player that's defending. Anything you can implement to prevent us from being cheated. It would be nice to put defense against meshing in our hands while you figure this out. Afterall, we really are the ones defending or bases 24/7 these days. Please help us. 

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, frankscaturro said:

    Maybe if you guys improved the tek railgun to act more as a sniper rifle. It's really laggy to use and consumes way too much element. That or add another weapon that acts like a parasaur that locks and kills a player out from under the map that aids the player that's defending.

    What you are asking for is a gun that shoots through not only walls, but anything in line of sight? Gee that doesn't sound broken at all.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    There is no easy answer to the mesh issue and I have not been on official for some time now. Running my own non-dedicated server if I find anyone cheating I just outright ban them. I know wildcard does not want to lose a player base but cheaters are not a player base, they are a cancer to gaming. If you want to cheat your way to success then rent your own server and see who wants to play with you or play single player. I know it'd take up a lot of resources but a Drone that is non-tamable and only in the mesh and kills instantly if detected could be interesting. A detection system from outside from the mesh could make mistakes and assume someone is in the mesh when they are just outside the cave. I know Im not a professional or someone who could do it myself, or even if this is logistical but thought it might be a suggestion. Just my thoughts on the issue.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I think Thanos snapping the meshers is a perfectly viable term. The snap only wipes out half of all meshers in the universe :P

     

    and now that you've said it, reforge the admin rifle model into an infinity gauntlet

    Edited by JasonTheCTM

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    FREAKING HIDE (NOT DISABLE) THE DECAY TIMER ON PVP, FFS!!!

    and great dev feedback. we all wanted that arkpocalypse clarification. now we now.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I dont think they care about the meshing on legacy servers.  The biggest trolls on legacy still have several mesh bases 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The spam on pve is unreal....I played pvp  since beta thought that was spammed and laggy  until I  decided to go pve for a little while (mainly cause of the meshing ..) and hours as I don't have  as much time atm..But pve servers are completely spammed out. extremely laggy  pillared everywhere..due to huge stone bases

    something needs to be done about it..theres hardly dinos spawning because of spam and huge stone bases...

    Why don't you think about a tame only server where people cant build on it and only lay like a sleeping bag and tame dinos on it only to transfer back to their server.  Island map has hardly next to none spinos which you need sails for boss fight...Also for smaller tribes the dragon on island is very hard to do.and getting on to a rag server to do fight to open transmitter in almost impossible..you stopped people building at obs but they just build on the outside of it.Dinos disappearing in midair and making you respawn as though you have died yet not showing in tribe log needs attention, servers being ddos 

    Ark is a awesome game and has so much potentional..and a lot of progress on fixing the game  very good like the communication is tons better since I started playing on beta..

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Technically a Thanos snap would be half a job, so that's exactly what you did do. 🤣

     Not having a go at you guys though, as I know it will take time to nail down a lot of the meshing issues.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    we console players have been waiting patiently for new maps to play on and we haven't gotten anything since extinction, yes I like that you guys are pushing mesh out of existence, but PC gets alot more fun stuff like the gaia mod and the paridos mod and crystal isles, us console players are bored with the stuff that we've beaten about 1,000 million times like the overseer and Rockwell and we've explored all of the maps and now we are very bored

    • Thanks 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Quote

    I dont think they care about the meshing on legacy servers.  The biggest trolls on legacy still have several mesh bases 



    It is well documented that legacy servers do not receive standard support and they made that clear when they were first turned them into legacy servers. Move to official if you want support. it's the very reason I moved off legacy when the game went final release. It was obvious we were going to need that future support.

    Edited by RudeboyXL

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, suzi said:

    The spam on pve is unreal....I played pvp  since beta thought that was spammed and laggy  until I  decided to go pve for a little while (mainly cause of the meshing ..) and hours as I don't have  as much time atm..But pve servers are completely spammed out. extremely laggy  pillared everywhere..due to huge stone bases

    something needs to be done about it..theres hardly dinos spawning because of spam and huge stone bases...

    Why don't you think about a tame only server where people cant build on it and only lay like a sleeping bag and tame dinos on it only to transfer back to their server.  Island map has hardly next to none spinos which you need sails for boss fight...Also for smaller tribes the dragon on island is very hard to do.and getting on to a rag server to do fight to open transmitter in almost impossible..you stopped people building at obs but they just build on the outside of it.Dinos disappearing in midair and making you respawn as though you have died yet not showing in tribe log needs attention, servers being ddos 

    Ark is a awesome game and has so much potentional..and a lot of progress on fixing the game  very good like the communication is tons better since I started playing on beta..

    Just introduce a flag system a tribe of 1 gets 1 main flag and 2 secindary flags the main flag allows a player to build a base 20 by 20 foundations and the secondary flags allow you to build a out post 8 by 8 foundations then no more pillard lands. As a tribe you can choose to build a main base and either 2 trap's or 2 outposts or put all flags into 1 base 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

    we console players have been waiting patiently for new maps to play on and we haven't gotten anything since extinction, yes I like that you guys are pushing mesh out of existence, but PC gets alot more fun stuff like the gaia mod and the paridos mod and crystal isles, us console players are bored with the stuff that we've beaten about 1,000 million times like the overseer and Rockwell and we've explored all of the maps and now we are very bored

    People need to stop complaining we got a whole brand new experience in the form of extinction around 6 months ago. And pc players have access to this content because of the pc's open nature. If you want to experience mods play on pc and stop blaming wildcard as consoles normally dont allow mods. (Also if wildcard takes the time to verify mods and stuff it'll take a lot of time away from the main games development which takes much higher priority).

    Edited by DrDigitalSb
    Added new comment
    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I recently got m meshed on classic servers on pc,I reported it but devs haven't done anything yet I hope they do something...the people that meshed me also uploaded a video to youtube

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, Arkdude19 said:

    but PC gets alot more fun stuff like the gaia mod and the paridos mod and crystal isles, us console players are bored with the stuff 

    You mean mods created by real life people, not WC. You want modded content play steam version like everyone else. 

    • Thanks 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, Jamerific said:
    8 hours ago, frankscaturro said:

    We have been steadily getting meshed for the past two weeks by three or four different mesh teams on official pvp servers. They were bold enough to come into our party chat and tell us that someone is paying them in euros to mesh us. Talk about your game being exploited. We all have tek railguns, scouts, and parasaurs and have successfully defended our bases with them and sent wildcard tons of footage. It's our only defense however and it's only a matter of time before this method of cheating deletes our hard work completely. Maybe if you guys improved the tek railgun to act more as a sniper rifle. It's really laggy to use and consumes way too much element. That or add another weapon that acts like a parasaur that locks and kills a player out from under the map that aids the player that's defending. Anything you can implement to prevent us from being cheated. It would be nice to put defense against meshing in our hands while you figure this out. Afterall, we really are the ones defending or bases 24/7 these days. Please help us. 

    What you are asking for is a gun that shoots through not only walls, but anything in line of sight? Gee that doesn't sound broken at all.

     

    well there is some viability to this. instead of a gun how about a turret? it is possible to add a system to any game and/ or any object (mesh included) that can figure out what side of a wall or object a player is standing on. considering that you have to be on the back end or under side of a mesh to actually be able to mesh. what if you create a configuration for a turret (or a new turret entirely i don't care what you use as long as its a low level object.) that allows a turret to shoot through a mesh (just disable turret / mesh collisions) provided that a character or dino is located behind or inside said mesh 

    i.e if (from the POV of a mesher) i decide to mesh a base, clip into the terrain and go to the base, the turret would look at me and insta kill me ammo or not (because if you cheat you deserve immediate retribution without a chance to repent obviously) and thats that. however if i am outside of the wall (raiding the base like a good human being should NORMALLY) the turret acts like a normal turret with normal damage (or whatever the server has it set to)

    UNDERSTAND I AM NOT A MESHER

    of course this would only be a temporary fix and you would have to dedicate a lower level object for people starting the server or it would be unfair to them. and said object would have to search for meshers and nothing more as to keep it from being op in a sens that its a level 5 object acting like a turret outside of looking for meshers.

    i dont know if that makes sense but thats essentially the best of both worlds imo.

    Edited by AcyanidePancake

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...