The mods on here are trying to silence the community....

chaosguy67

Just now, chaosguy67 said:

Yes.   It happened to me yesterday for voicing my opinion on scorched earth. The thread did not get locked.. it got completely deleted.

Not really proof, but I'll take your word for it. You didn't have profanity or anything else that could get it locked? After all, there's a 17-page thread with a lot of negativity toward SE that hasn't been touched.

• Wildcard Community

Threads don't ever get deleted unless they are a duplicate post which sometimes players do on accident. We are not trying to silence the community however many posts are being merged to make it easier for players, mods, and developers to find information. We regularly merge threads, lock threads, and occasionally hide threads which are typically followed by a warning due to them breaking a rule. But no, we do not delete threads like the claim states. If you go back through your history you will see some posts that have been merged.

Seriously, people are just complaining because they have to actually fork money out for something.. I don't really care if it is Early Access and contravenes some Steam Policy, at the end of the day the consumer speaks with their feet or their wallet. Buy or not, the whinging is really incessant just get over and move along. 

3 hours ago, lilpanda said:

Threads don't ever get deleted unless they are a duplicate post which sometimes players do on accident. We are not trying to silence the community however many posts are being merged to make it easier for players, mods, and developers to find information. We regularly merge threads, lock threads, and occasionally hide threads which are typically followed by a warning due to them breaking a rule. But no, we do not delete threads like the claim states. If you go back through your history you will see some posts that have been merged.

Shouldnt i have a notification saying it was moved or merged then?  I swear it was completely deleted..     there was no language or anything..   it was the thread i made yesterday if that helps..

I find it funny that people get mad like this. I was a play tester on War Thunder. I did not like what the mod were doing on the forums ether. But I did not go and rant about it. I simply left. Why do people think they need to post about every thing.  All I can say is put up constructive post. Do not put up rants. And if you feel they are taking them down to keep you from being heard then move on. Keep in mind this is there forums and we agreed to there rules when we are on them. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, chaosguy67 said:

Shouldnt i have a notification saying it was moved or merged then?  I swear it was completely deleted..     there was no language or anything..   it was the thread i made yesterday if that helps..

It doesn't take much to go into your profile, look at your activity history, and find what you said under a different subject heading.

• Administrator
On 9/3/2016 at 11:36 PM, GreatApe said:

Hey @lilpanda

Why didn't your boss get the deves to fix the actual game?  Can you answer that becasue it sure looks like @Jeremy Stieglitz isn't going to front up and be open about this bullpoop DLC for a bug riddent game.  Shame on him.

See it's things like this that get your posts hidden. Completely off topic. If you had started your own thread with that statement it wouldn't have been hidden.

Just follow forum rules and my staff won't hide, delete, or move your topics.

So what if they are?  It's probably part of making this a friendly and welcoming place to visit and read about an amazing game.  I doubt that anyone really comes here to read about negativity and disrespect.  I think the moderators of this forum have a hard task keeping all the madness weeded out of these forums.  I appreciate that they are here to make this a better place.

I would estimate a good 1/3 of my threads are moved to some undisclosed message board purgatory where nobody will ever find it. 1 or 2 may have been right to move the thread but sometimes its asking a question about wildcard that i feel they wouldn't want the community to think about. Like why are announcements about ARK from WILDCARD put out on DISCORD? Why wouldn't Wildcard announce on their own official platform? Why do I have to check 4 different places just to get a generic piece of info that doesn't really address any of the pressing issues that this game is facing. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, fultron3030 said:

I would estimate a good 1/3 of my threads are moved to some undisclosed message board purgatory where nobody will ever find it. 1 or 2 may have been right to move the thread but sometimes its asking a question about wildcard that i feel they wouldn't want the community to think about. Like why are announcements about ARK from WILDCARD put out on DISCORD? Why wouldn't Wildcard announce on their own official platform? Why do I have to check 4 different places just to get a generic piece of info that doesn't really address any of the pressing issues that this game is facing. 

There is no such thing as a "message board purgatory". Threads are removed or merged based on redundancy, relation to the field they were posted in, or content. For example, a thread full of nothing but profanities or outright naming and shaming individuals will be removed; but any particular duplicate thread, like the various complaints recently about the expansion pack, get merged in. We've already expressed some leniency with it by allowing at least 2 threads to exist rather than merging all of them into just one, because yknow, mods are apparently censoring jerks instead of people trying to make it so that people can actually find threads without having to wallow through a sea of same content topics.

7 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

There is no such thing as a "message board purgatory". Threads are removed or merged based on redundancy, relation to the field they were posted in, or content. For example, a thread full of nothing but profanities or outright naming and shaming individuals will be removed; but any particular duplicate thread, like the various complaints recently about the expansion pack, get merged in. We've already expressed some leniency with it by allowing at least 2 threads to exist rather than merging all of them into just one, because yknow, mods are apparently censoring jerks instead of people trying to make it so that people can actually find threads without having to wallow through a sea of same content topics.

Ya, but you moved my post (open letter) which was a positive contribution, but you keep all the negative complaining posts in 'general'. Look at the numbers of views in each area. And why moved to "off topic"? Its not like it has nothing to do with Ark - it's literally a general discussion about Ark. It was a mistake to move it. Can you move it back please? 

On 9/4/2016 at 6:32 AM, ciabattaroll said:

It doesn't take much to go into your profile, look at your activity history, and find what you said under a different subject heading.

There are alot of people who play this game who wouldn't consider themselves  as Internet ready as perhaps the younger generations and just maybe come here in alot of cases  there first time on a forum like this to get help, advice and find like minded people to game with  ( although finding players has been completely ruined by the ark tribes thing that no one uses! Pls allow a looking for a tribe thread for individual players to find a tribe without having to apply to every tribe before they find a good match <3 ) without losing the thread they started cos it got merged to another! 

When I first joined i was a bit put out by how Un-noob friendly it was! I myself was given 2 warnings for thread Hijacking for asking someones age and then a follow up "ok kl I'll pm you" I of corse apologised to the mod only to receive a "follow the rules next time" message in return! 

As some one who has modded on twitch in the past treating new people to your site in a narrow, heavy handed, non understanding way is no way to build a friendly welcoming community! 

I also feel this forum has not taken well to the xbox invasion, in return the xbox generation have not taken well to EA forums either! 

So in closing, I'm in no way advocating abuse, bad language,  ( like using the word raptor or raptoring instead of a swear word! not sure why this is being allowed?! ) personal attacks or bullying in alot of cases people need to grow up but in some cases it's just someone derping or just not sure what there doing ( in a nice way ) and should not be treated so coldly in most cases. A simple "yo I moved your tread or merged it here this is the title and a link, thx for using are forum" would go a long way!

Peace ✌ 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ninjaridz said:

So in closing, I'm in no way advocating abuse, bad language,  ( like using the word raptor or raptoring instead of a swear word! not sure why this is being allowed?! ) personal attacks or bullying in alot of cases people need to grow up but in some cases it's just someone derping or just not sure what there doing ( in a nice way ) and should not be treated so coldly in most cases. A simple "yo I moved your tread or merged it here this is the title and a link, thx for using are forum" would go a long way!

Peace ✌ 

When a thread is moved or merged the OP gets an automated notification stating where it was moved to and I believe by which Mod. Therefore it isn't necessary for a Mod to message the OP saying where they moved it to.

Also, using your profile to find your own content is a very common thing. Lets say someone made a thread, then they returned to the forum a few days later, by that time it has dropped down several pages. To find it easily, people look at their profile and it is there. The same goes for when a thread is moved. But as I said, users receive automatic notification of threads being moved and merged.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

When a thread is moved or merged the OP gets an automated notification stating where it was moved to and I believe by which Mod. Therefore it isn't necessary for a Mod to message the OP saying where they moved it to.

Also, using your profile to find your own content is a very common thing. Lets say someone made a thread, then they returned to the forum a few days later, by that time it has dropped down several pages. To find it easily, people look at their profile and it is there. The same goes for when a thread is moved. But as I said, users receive automatic notification of threads being moved and merged.

It simply says "your tread has been moved" I believe from past experience!

And yes you are right checking your profile is the easiest way to find your thread, all I'm saying is some people Don't know that yet! Some are still learning things like how to get a wrongly placed thread moved and how then to get it moved to the right place lol! 

Anyway this place has some fundamental flaws but the mods are not one of them! I don't know maybe a sprinkle of sugar in some cases wouldn't be a bad thing! 

I also feel a section of the community need to take a step back and think what I'm I going to achieve by posting this message or starting this thread!! The feel good feeling this place had has slow disappeared since the hole dual release thing back in July! I too have voiced my dislike for things over the past month or two but I've since come around, I've had a lot of fun playing this game and by far got my money's worth regardless of the crashes and bugs the game maybe experiencing currently or other things I will not mention!

Damn I've gone all off topic.... *turns and runs away waving arms in the air*

• Chris locked this topic

Archived