Community Crunch 408: Introducing Ceratosaurus from ARK: Additions

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

We're thrilled to announce that we'll be bringing a taste of the popular Garuga123 mod ARK: Additions directly into the base game. These creatures may see some tweaks along the way for balance and design, but one thing's for sure: they are coming, and they are ready to shake things up!

Get ready to encounter new formidable creatures from Garuga, starting with the vicious Ceratosaurus. Prepare to have your skills put to the test, because these beasts won't go down without a fight!

ASA_Introducing_Ceratosaurus2.png

ASA_Ceratosaurus_PromoArt_2560x1440.jpg

Download in full resolution

Lurking in the untamed jungles and sprawling grasslands, the Ceratosaurus is an aggressive predator adorned with venom-laced spines. Their attacks cause victims to erupt in bursts of blood, a sight for sore eyes (or a tactical advantage for a clever Survivor!). If you can harness this power, tamed Ceratosaurus will unleash healing bursts that revitalize themselves and your fellow carnivores. These swift creatures make for some of the fastest mounts you'll find.

Looking_Ahead.png

This is just the first of Garuga's fearsome creatures from ARK: Additions that we plan to introduce to ARK: Survival Ascended. We expect to launch this new creature by mid-May so get ready, sharpen those spears, and prepare to conquer this fantastic beast! Next week, we will be revealing the second creature that will be released simultaneously with Ceratosaurus!

Keep up with the development on ARK:Additions in Garuga's Discord!

Update On Premium Mods.png

As we draw closer to the release of Premium Mods on console (currently going through cert), we have some updates based on feedback we’ve received from the community regarding how Unofficial Servers that used Premium Mods felt like they were too restrictive. This was definitely not the intention of the system and with our partners, Overwolf, we aim to resolve this as soon as we can. So here’s the plan:

This summer we’re going to give UGC Creators the capability to remove the server-join restrictions on their Premium Mods. Essentially, we’re giving them the ability to create an “Unrestricted Premium Mod”.

What this means is that, they’ll be able to create a new type of paid mod, which can be hosted on a server that does not prevent you from joining it if you do not own the mod. Instead, Creators can determine how they want to control access to the content of the mod. For example, if there’s an Unrestricted Premium Mod that adds a new set of weapons, the creator can prevent people from specifically crafting or using the weapons, or other gameplay aspects  rather than preventing people from joining servers hosting it, as it currently does.

Additionally, this system will also allow Creators to make some aspects of their mod disregard ownership so even if you do not own the mod, you can still get some of the gameplay changes.

We believe this flexibility will allow both Creators to balance out the features in the mod, as well as ensure that they can be hosted on Unofficial Servers without preventing restriction. A huge thank you to the ARK community, your feedback is invaluable as we shape the future landscape for modding!

ASA_ModSpotlight.png

Download & play new custom content created by players, including new maps, creatures, items, and game modes, through a dedicated new Mod-bowser directly within the game. Enjoy an endless stream of new ARK content as the creativity and talent of the community is fully unleashed for the first time across gaming platforms and stay tuned as we spotlight more Cross-Platform Mods each week!

This video features:

bonus_rates_official.png

ASA_Social_Post_BonusRates_2x_1920x1920MAY3-6.jpg

This weekend, the Official Network will be receiving bonus rates! It will be active until Monday, May 6.

• PVP/PVE: 2x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience, and Breeding
  • Small Tribes: 4.5x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 4x Breeding
  • ARKpocalypse: 5x Harvesting, Taming and Experience, and Breeding

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

Help us discover your talent by tagging your art with #ARKPhotoMode or #ARKFanart on social media!

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: The Handyman builds

Learn how to construct The Handyman's hatchery that is both efficient and stylish!

Creator: Crazy of the game

*international corner* This French film takes place over the entire history of Scorched Earth with the characters, Helena, Rockwell, Raia and John. (with English subtitles!)

fanartblue.png

Part 6 of Drawing Every Dino Dossier by cascadingcaramel

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_cascadingc

Unka bob by gman2006

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_gman2006_1

Fire Wyvern by strandedandstoopid

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_strandedan

Really proud of these last couple drawings of Scorched Earth! by @CharliSpirit

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_@CharliSpi

Locke and his family thriving in the years after the story by @TekARK_01

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_@TekARK_01

Mei, Xiao, and Shi running through the Luminous Marshlands! by @ewo_zaur

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_@ewo_zaur_

Deathworm by SirDrip

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_SirDrip_19

ARK_photomode.png

Photo Mode by toastaleenix

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_toastaleen

Ridin' off into the sunset by donnsensei

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_donnsensei

Photo Mode by lordarkanum

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_lordarkanu

Scorched Acro by dragonheart7998

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_dragonhear

ARK Foosball by @GPxGP

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_408_@GPxGP_192

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

4 minutes ago, Indozilla said:

Interesting crunch... not sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand its great to see Garugus creatures being added to the base game... but also in a sense they already are thanks to the in-game modding... so... im conflicted on this.

official players will benefit the most from this

also there will be more attention to these creatures

• Thanks 2

Well this is interesting, I remember people saying it would be cool to see Garuga's Creatures in ARK Officially, and it is cool that it's happening. I just hope they don't heavily nerf these creatures or change their taming methods too much as they have very fun taming mechanics. But I do think that ASA does need new creatures in addition to all the current Official creatures we got. Tho it would also be cool to get updates and TLCs for many of the Base Official creatures as they look very outdated in ASA, mainly all the Pre-2016 Creatures like Bronto, Quetz, Mosa, Plesio, etc.

• Like 4

It's amazing that Garuga's creatures are set to slowly join ASA. He's been so consistently amazing with his creations that I'll go as far as to call it overdue. I never understood why only modded maps had the privilege of becoming basegame in ASE, for starters. Plus, it's a fantastic way to release content more regularly.
I'm looking forward to learning how and where the Cerato will spawn ; it's not my favorite ARK Additions creature but the implementation will be interesting to see, and will tell us about the implementation of future ARK Additions creatures.

This summer we’re going to give UGC Creators the capability to remove the server-join restrictions on their Premium Mods. [...] For example, if there’s an Unrestricted Premium Mod that adds a new set of weapons, the creator can prevent people from specifically crafting or using the weapons, or other gameplay aspects  rather than preventing people from joining servers hosting it, as it currently does. [...] Additionally, this system will also allow Creators to make some aspects of their mod disregard ownership so even if you do not own the mod, you can still get some of the gameplay changes.

That actually sounds good. We'll see how the mod devs handle this new flexibility, since it's entirely down to them now.

• Like 2

I don't know if I'm the only one? definitely not.

but I proposed something very similar about premium mods for unofficial servers.

I am extremely happy that our issues are being taken into consideration and that there are action plans being put in place.

definitely thank you WildCard for listening to the community and communicating your action plan, this is very appreciated

• Like 5

sooo... that means if you were like breeding and mutating the sh*t out of some of Garugas creatures, they will most likely become incompatible or doubled with the base game additions.. hmmmmm.... HMMMM...... I mean congratz Garuga! awesome creatures for sure. Except the Acro sounds like a slowed down snorring guy. I cant listen to that thing cause its a friggin cartoon snoring sleeping sound.

Great crunch guys! Please consider adding a paid store system. It would really help me keep my presence on all the different game modes. If i can use some small payments to help me get started and mitigate the upkeep for my expansion in new modes it would really help me establish a base on more servers and help to spread my wings and keeps a broad portfolio! you have a fan base ready to take the next step and add ark into their(my) financial plan.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Wildcard I gotta give it to you this time, this is amazing. I have always wanted the additions to be added base game whether abilities are changed or not. I don't like to add creatures via a mod, it just feels wrong to me personally for some reason (not against it) so to see that its actually a plan to slowly add creatures over time is again amazing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1