ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on Steam!!

StudioWildcard

This is the one game we have been looking forward to above all others. I've been following the the information daily, keeping up with whats happening. Last night made sure I'm on YouTube to see the trailer and then we get bent over. I've played ark since it came out, but I'm pretty much ready just give up as I'm sure alot of other player are feeling at the moment. You have lied to the community and let a whole section of you fanbase know that you do not give a continental about them. If you think this surface apology and vague promises are going to keep your fanbase, whoever is in charge of this mess needs to catch a wake-up. 

Thank you for showing the console community exactly how much our business is valued.

Edited by Triggerhappy323
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Infate said:

dude they didnt have a choice but to release it as a early acces, since snail games pushed them to realease asa before 1 of november.

To be fair....technically if I recall they didn't say they were on track to release it on ''all platforms simultaneously'' so, as a PS5 player I fully expected the staggered release based on the vague language and history. Disappointed? Yes, a bit. At the moment, having seen some footage (I don't want to see too much and spoil some of the surprises for myself), my biggest question is how dumbed down the game will look on consoles and how much less stable. I'm hoping as the engine itself gets updated and they work more on it, it might get better in due course. Concern wise, I have a bit more of those over artwork and animations. I was hoping to see more fluid and varied animations for the creatures, especially the older ones that didn't have a TLC. Also, I'm a little bit surprised that the grey rocks have been dropped making everything on the ground blend it a bit too much and looking overal a bit more ''generic''? I do hope there is alot more artwork changes in due time.

• Like 1

To those defending Wildcard... I have this to say...I do have a PC and I am still a little upset. I was hoping to play with all my friends and family on a private server at launch but my less wealthy/fortunate friends and family have consoles. I mean...why tell us that we were "still on track for an October release" If we in fact are not on track for an October release. Because it has been asked repeatedly over the previous weeks. That is where any remaining faith has been lost.

Edited by EeetWontFlush
  • Like 2

It's the same old garbage WC trots out every release. Here's a thought. Get better at your job. How long have you been working on Ark? The incompetence by this studio is legendary by now. My only hope is that with the Nitrado deal , this costs WC alot of money. Money I'm sure they poorly managed, hence the deal in the first place. 

Edited by IndridCold1966
  • Like 2

I am done being lied to. I have pc players who wanted to play at launch together. Do you think that I want to start on a server that I am behind on, or that they want to start over by the time you release on console? The constant deception WC displays is hurtful. I feel as if, at this point, I do not even want to play Ark anymore. More than 1/3 of my life has been dedicated to Ark since I started playing 4 years ago. I suggest being a little less vague about console release before you lose more players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyPed said:

They can't set a date coz they don't know.

It's very clear man, very simple and clear lol

the bigger the project, the more problem it might have that you can not expect, the more freedom you need.

coding and game development is not like making a movie or drawing where u can have a clear estimate coz so many unexpected can happen. giving a clear date simply mean you are putting a big pressure and possible disappointment on the line.

Ofcourse, they could say something like 20 or 30th November, give themselves a big gap of time so they are sure they can do it in that time, but if they think they might do it earlier, giving such a late time is just gonna make people mad.

As a fellow programmer and a console player I can tell you this from personal experience. In order to patch this and get the game out it might be the second week of November at earliest unless they know exactly where in the programming code this error occurred 

Ok the real scoop is that you released a buggy game on steam too ensure you met the deadline of Oct 31, so there were no contract issues.   An once again left your console players in the lurch. But honestly most of us of come to expect this because we have been let down so many times.  Now I will say this the devs work hard and can’t be held responsible for the crap decisions of the company.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, legendmac31300 said:

As a fellow programmer and a console player I can tell you this from personal experience. In order to patch this and get the game out it might be the second week of November at earliest unless they know exactly where in the programming code this error occurred 

And to add to this they probably aren't going to re cert the entire game just the multiplayer portion that had the issue in the first place I thank studio wildcard dev teams and await the game to come out on console 

#arkstrong

• Facepalm 1

Your devs and community managers told us "not to worry" because the game was definitely on track for release in october after a two month delay in august. we assumed that you were being truthful considering you had two months to fix any issues. you insisted that we not be frustrated and that the game was fine and would be aim for a  late october release for ALL PLATFORMS and now you say it is delayed for a third month last minute as PC gets a release but console gets no release date at all most likely to be delayed further. No one should trust anything you say at any point about anything you are literally the worst. time to go tell the consoledummies on reddit who had faith in you and told longterm players such as myself that they shouldnt be pessimistic about wildcard that "I TOLD YOU SO NEVER TRUST OR HAVE FAITH IN WILDCARD...ONLY HAVE FAITH IN THEM DELAYING!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

While I think it's amazing ASA is released I think it's unfair that people who pay an extra 100-200 dollars for a PC to play ark get a whole week or month to play ark official servers before console, because if this crossplay thing actually happens like wildcard says it is that's totally unfair to console players who don't get to play the game because of a paywall. Make a game and release it in full access or don't release it at all until you can. 

Also I knew that after the end of the ark trailer it would say "coming soon" and never give a actual release date, but it's wildcard so wasn't really expecting much more than what we got. 

Guess I'll be watching some PC ASA gameplay on twitch and YouTube 

Edited by ArkMainiac
Grammer errors and added a couple more points
  • Like 1

Soooooooooo, you didn't really enlighten us at all.  Complete flop for the release.  Promises broken already, though the community expected delays, we were still promised up to the day before release "everyone will play at same time" Great way to build consumer confidence.  Maybe partnering with someone that knows how to actually develope and produce a product effectively. 

• Like 3