Community Crunch 375: Introducing Yi Ling

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

From feathery artillery to strange diets, Yi Ling is bound to be an incredible addition to any Aberration survivor's tribe in ARK: Survival Ascended. Speaking of which, the race is coming to a close to see which community creature will roam the landscapes of The Center. Only three more days to cast your vote!

ASA_IntroducingYiLing.png

ASA_Dossier_YiLing_Post_2560x1440.jpg

Download in full resolution

ASA_YiLing.png

Species: Yi Ling
Time: Late Jurassic
Diet: Omnivore
Temperament: Aloof

wild_purple.png

This feathered fella is so much bigger than the Yi species I knew in my day! Despite its aberrant size, Yi ling is still somehow light enough to cling to walls and it can even glide short distances. It’s light on its feet as well, able to dodge attacks on the run.

I’m glad Yi seems to prefer prey smaller than itself, because it can eject a spray of barbed feathers at an unhappy target before darting in to rip them back out. Its unique firepower may expose Yi in the short term, but its protective plumage regrows fast.

domesticated_purple.png

A tamed Yi makes for an excellent -- if precarious -- hunting mount. Some tribes use them as caravan scouts, others to torment enemy forces.

I’ve seen Yi scarf up the weird mushrooms, congealed gas balls, and nameless creatures scurrying around down here. Who knows what effect a diet like that would have on its feathery weaponry? Watch what your Yi eats, and you just might learn to sharpen its fighting skills!

ASA_NITRADO.png

Snail Games USA and Studio Wildcard have officially teamed up with Nitrado to be the exclusive commercial server host for ARK: Survival Ascended. Partnering with Nitrado allows for:

Enhanced ARK Mod Experience with Seamless Overwolf Integration

ARK: Survival Ascended will support Overwolf integration into Nitrado’s services, which makes it easier to manage mods directly from a web interface. You will be able to browse an expansive library of mods and easily manage them with a click of a button, no more messing around with .ini files! Critically, ASA’s direct server integration with Nitrado’s infrastructure enables the cross-platform online mod functionality between PC and consoles.

Unrivaled SteelShield DDoS Protection

We’ll also be working closely with Nitrado on their SteelShield protection services which defends against DDoS attacks, so we can ensure uninterrupted gaming on our ASA servers.

We understand that some people would prefer to manage their own servers, and so this partnership does not prevent you from hosting or managing your own non-commercial ASA servers with your own hardware.

Together with Nitrado’s seamless integration of ASA’s revolutionary cross-platform mod system, we're committed to bringing players the next evolution in ARK's journey!

You can read more details about the partnership here.

ASE_OfficialServerSaves.png

To recap previous announcements, we’ll be taking save games from the Official Network and providing the files to you so that you can host your own server and continue the progress you’ve made on the Official Network.

We intend to take two different save snapshots, one timeline will be communicated below and the second will happen during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September.

• The first save snapshot from the Official Network will happen on Friday, August 25th (8/25) for both PC and Consoles, this process can take up to 12 hours and will start at midnight UTC.

• You will need to ensure your character is on its respective server, prior to the save taking place so we recommend making sure your character is there well before midnight UTC and stays on the server for the next 12 hours.

• Your items, dinos, and characters that have been uploaded to the ARK cloud will not be included in the save! So, please make sure to download anything that you wish to keep from the cloud prior to the save on 8/25.

• The first save snapshot will be provided on Wednesday, August 30th (8/30).

• On Wednesday, we’ll be providing access to your PC saves and you’ll also be able to directly rent a server from Nitrado who can host your PC or console saves. 
    • Nitrado servers using the Official Save games are now available for pre-order here.
      • Pre-order your server today and save an additional 20% discount using promo code: SAVEYOURARK
      • You’ll be able to:
        • Access to all official save games for all platforms – PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
        • Easily import the save game with one click using the web interface.
        • Have access to a comprehensive guide and FAQs telling you everything you need to know about hosting servers.
      • For more information, please visit this page.
      • Pre-order and promo code are not available for XBOX.

• Remember we’ll be taking another save snapshot during the week of the Official Network Shutdown in September in preparation for ASA’s October release, with more details to come at a later date!

Community_creature_vote.png

CreatureVote_TheCenterTwitter.jpg

The Community Creature Vote is coming to a close, and the competition has been thrilling. The creatures that have been submitted are truly remarkable. Soon, we will know which entry will emerge victorious! You still have the weekend to vote for which creature will be added to The Center for ARK: Survival Ascended

• The second round of voting ends on Monday, August 21st at 4 PM Pacific.
  • The winner* will be announced in the Crunch of Friday, August 25th, 2023.

GUIDELINES.png

• Rank the creatures in order of most preferred to least preferred
  • The vote is limited to 1 submission per person (duplicate entries will be discarded)

finalists.png

Below are the candidates that have made it into the final 10. Find out more information about the creature by clicking on the hyperlink attached to the name. Cast your vote here.

Overview of all the finalists here.

* Note that once the winner has been determined, we'll be reading through these threads and using them as inspiration for how the creature will be designed; aspects suggested may change.

Not loading? Click here
Powered by RankedVote

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, August 21st.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Kittykatlapurr

Kitty is tormented in ARK Supreme on the Olympus map by her chat using the Chaos Creator mod. It was up to chat to decide if they wanted to make her life better or even worse!

Creator: Sanyxs

Is winning Ark: The Survival of the Fittest possible by only taming Phiomias? Sanyx proves that it is!

fanartblue.png

Head in the clouds, that one. by fritzmetzger

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_fritzmetzg

Rest in Pixels Saphira by @alkonavi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_alkonavi_1

How about shaved ice ~~ by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_k3zk_627_1

#colorfulARK by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_falco_luna

"Watch out for Billy" by @TekARK_01

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_TekARK_01_

Sketch of the Manticore from ARK by korrigus

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_korrigus_1

Umbra and her Theri by ArwennDelta

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_ArwennDelt

acreenshotsblue.png

Screenshot by LabRat

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_LabRat_192

Biggest boi by niinapiina

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_niinapiina

Screenshot by Radskan II

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_375_RadskanII_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Fan of the ASA update, but I do believe there’s better options than Nitrado. Not that I think they’re bad, they’re just a little “meh” sometimes. I’ve ran a Nitrado server for several years now and fought with it almost daily. I’ve recently switched to g-portal and my server runs LIGHT YEARS better. 
Again, not hating, just saying that there were some arguably better choices. 

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, AlanGrant716 said:

Fan of the ASA update, but I do believe there’s better options than Nitrado. Not that I think they’re bad, they’re just a little “meh” sometimes. I’ve ran a Nitrado server for several years now and fought with it almost daily. I’ve recently switched to g-portal and my server runs LIGHT YEARS better. 
Again, not hating, just saying that there were some arguably better choices. 

Nitrado was picked because they gave Snail a 3 million dollar interest free loan on top of being 1.5 million in debt to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Facepalm 2

9 mins in snail financial report .. no lies here they in deep debt - nitrado got the exclusive deal due to a 4 mill sweetener they gave snail to keep its doors open .... 

PS HOW the hell can that critter still cling to walls?? is its feather all hook like? i get the 'limited' glides itll be like the terror birds version - but i still DO NOT like the design too dodorex for me

• Like 9

Good luck to our friends on official. I haven't been to official in years but I remember my days there fondly. If they haven't deserted the clusters by now (and I hear a lot of them have...), official players are about to lose a lot of stuff in this, since only one map can be saved. Also apparently our console friends are not getting the option to play in SP ? That's how I'm reading it, but feel free to clarify, if someone by any chance is reading feedback.
The timing of announcing the ASA partnership with Nitrado AND providing a discount for ASE hosting doesn't have the greatest optics, but hey, if we cared about optics, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Completely off topic, but can we expect a survivetheark account on Mastodon ? If a platform with a prehistoric name is not the right place for Ark, none is. And the air is becoming unbreathable on Xwitter. Unless you plan a partnership there too, I don't know.

So people told you very plainly that they were very disappointed with the design changes of the artist formerly known as the Yi Qi and you did... nothing ? Ok. Duly noted.
Riddle me this : why should we vote for a creature that you change so much ? We're supposed to vote for a species as abilities are only treated as a suggestion, but you change how the species look, so it becomes... not the creature that won in the first place. That also happened with the Fasola, but at least the Fasola didn't look ridiculous. You even change the creature's name now ! What exactly are we voting for at the end of the day ? Some clarification is needed before the next one.

Edited by ladyteruki
typos
  • Like 6

I don't know what kind of people work at these companies... one of them is doing something stupid by taking something from somewhere else, the others don't pay rent and Ark has to be saved by other companies all the time.

It is really absurd.

Then to secure money there is a monopoly position.

Since I do NOT support this monopoly position, I will NOT buy ASA.
I thought it was very nice that you could, depending on your wallet, rent from Nitrado, GPortal and co, or rent a root server or set up your own server at home.

Now there is only home server or Nitrado.

Seriously?

NO THANKS!
I REFUSE!!!

Hopefully a lot of other people will do the same to show Snailgames and Nitrado that this is not the way to go.

In case of need I won't play ASE anymore, if the same nonsense will be introduced there.

Personally, I am satisfied with GPortal and have no interest to change to Nitrado.

• Like 8

I'm glad they at least kept in some feature involving quills with Yi. This actually looks a litter cooler than I thought when Yi Ling was first announced. 

I really hope this creature does in fact manage to pull off features that make it more than just a mini-Rock Drake. The Yi does also seem like a nice travel mount, suitable for Aberration.

As for the Nitrado Partnership, I'm glad to hear that we'll be able to see cool modified servers when ARK: Survival Ascended launches. The idea of cross-platform mods sounds so exciting, and I hope to see more players from different platforms delving into the lost world of game modifications.

Gald to hear the positive news for once! Let's go, ARK!

tgeckog3.png.82b8554c7c51396109121c652722532d.png

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

So people told you very plainly that they were very disappointed with the design changes of the artist formerly known as the Yi Qi and you did... nothing ? Ok. Duly noted.
Riddle me this : why should we vote for a creature that you change so much ? We're supposed to vote for a species as abilities are only treated as a suggestion, but you change how the species look, so it becomes... not the creature that won in the first place. That also happened with the Fasola, but at least the Fasola didn't look ridiculous. You even change the creature's name now ! What exactly are we voting for at the end of the day ? Some clarification is needed before the next one.

Well obviously, some things need to be changed to make certain creatures suitable for balanced official gameplay. But yes, I do think they could stick a little more to the amazing original concept people actually voted on. Like even if you need the modify them a bit, at least keep the general idea and features.

Teamed up?  You mean basically nitrado bought exclusive rights to run the servers, and then not to mention the sketchy stuff with overwolf, this sounds like a SG is paving your flatspin downward WC.  This game has soooo much more potential than what is being delivered to the players.  It’s a shame that you guys at WC are stuck in the position you are, this game has the potential of leaving just about every other game in the dust, but you’re cut off at the knees.  It just seems that initial decisions, which are the right ones, on things like having mod.io run mods (which is a reputable company) is dropped for a company that has a questionable history, why?  Cheaper?  Well ya gotta spend money to make money.  If this game was allowed to reach its full potential, money would not be an issue. Hopefully you guys at wildcard can loose the boat anchor that’s hold you and this game back, and make the right decisions that need to be made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1