Community Crunch 365: ASA Structure Comparison, Creature Vote, and More!

StudioWildcard

18 minutes ago, Riot87 said:

I'm curious of wildcard will ever add ark additions and ALL of the dinos/creatures that come with the mod to official, I know there will be mods on console but it would be better if they were official. Just a thought🤷‍♂️

Doubtful, even though it's arguably one of if not THE most popular mod in all of ARK WC has made it clear they have no intention in making modded creatures into official once (unless they so happen to be part of a free DLC map)

16 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Doubtful, even though it's arguably one of if not THE most popular mod in all of ARK WC has made it clear they have no intention in making modded creatures into official once (unless they so happen to be part of a free DLC map)

Yea probably, I mean maybe if they do a vote for a mod to come in or enough people want it to be official they'll add it idk tho

On 6/10/2023 at 5:52 PM, MMaas said:

The proportions of the ASE pictures are deformed, this is not how ASE realy looks. It's fake to make ASA look better.

Agreed, but its not only the proportions. Its pretty obvious they've done everything possible to make the ASE pic look drab and dull. Even a sneaky bit of moonlight coming through the window on the ASA pic lol. ASE pic must be set to lowest graphics setting too because apart from the obvious changes to individual building peices, my ark looks pretty much like that second pic already?  

• Like 1

How is ASA a remaster when you are actually going in and changing structures and tools/weapons? I recently played the Xbox Remaster of Goldeneye and boy other then the stunningly fast load times and nicer looking graphics it's exactly the same.  

Just update the code to handle Ua5 and shove it out, change the pricing scheme to make it even cheaper then sit back and watch all the capital roll in. 

Or wildcard could do what successful game studio's do and make more games, they could be shooters or racing games anything that's cheaper to produce but will still sell. 

I hope they can their idiotic CEO before they go bankrupt.

Edited by ThePryBar
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 1:44 AM, MMaas said:

Your observation is perfectly valid. I've been away from this forum a long time but I reactivated my account just to report all these new users as fake accounts.

Your other remarks can be usefull as well: Given the fact they fabricated fake comparisions (as demonstrated by @Dienstbier) to show the improved graphics, should this not be reported to this Better Busines Bureau?

You are so right...

On 6/10/2023 at 8:26 AM, Dienstbier said:

I don't think it's about the darmatic.
With straw there are NO windows!
But in ASA they seem to add a window wall, which I think is very good!

On 6/10/2023 at 5:41 AM, Dienstbier said:

Why is it still insisted that gameplay and bug fixes are already shown or said.
Are you not aware how much work it makes to revise such a game?

They have already announced some things that will be improved (small part of a long list).
But if they already show gameplay or tell bug fixes, it won't be true anyway.
How often do we see that WC brings bugs into the game through updates, or brings them back.

Also the gameplay will probably not be ready yet.
As it looks, they will not tell us much at this point.
This has nothing to do with disrespect.

There are companies that are more open about what they are doing and companies that are more likely to present the finished product.
They are aware that we want to see more, but they have also asked for time.
This is their quote from Crunch 356:

WE as players should also respect their decision when they want to/can show howvel.

However, what I personally find absolutely incorrect, that the ratios of the structures are misrepresented.
Therefore I will now every time, if there are again such pictures, where ratios of objects are represented, as here in the picture, recreate this myself, even if my graphics are not so good.

Personally, the proportions are important to me. Of course, not whether now a sleeping bag next to a melt is exactly suitable as in the previous pictures. There were only the graphical differences important.
But if so buildings with content are shown. Or also in comparison to a dinosaur. (Stable or similar)

We will surely not get a correct ratio picture later, but it would be nice if it would happen.

Even if the proportions are not correct, I remain with my opinion, I find the ASA changes partly very good, although I find the old appearance partly more beautiful.

I think this "guy" is actually a wc bot... it seems like he tries to defend wc's decisions, but also watch him contradict himself. The blank profile kind of gives it away. It is sad.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

You are so right...

I think this "guy" is actually a wc bot... it seems like he tries to defend wc's decisions, but also watch him contradict himself. The blank profile kind of gives it away. It is sad.

lol, no one here is a bot.

1 hour ago, Huntdad5 said:

You are so right...

IF I were a bot I could speak English and wouldn't keep putting mistakes in my comments.

But if you need proof that I'm real, I'll gladly give you the IP address where I play Ark, including the mods The Hunted, Kanga, immersive Taming and more.
However, whether you would play there I doubt very much, because I have a different playstyle in contrast to the vast majority.
Several months on level 9 and the character is anything but divine. Rather settled there: The last one eats the dogs.

Why should I put much here in my profile?
Have I not posted enough topics and suggestions? (Most of them are probably less popular).

Yes I defend WC, as I would defend anyone else who is constantly attacked like this.
WC has just as much right to make its decisions independent of others as we do and doesn't always have to justify itself either.

People like to ignore WC's comments and explanations, which I personally don't like.
But probably that's because I myself have lived so my life that I always had to fight hard for my rights. (The woman's opinion is not worth anything and she has no idea about anything).

No, all that glitters is not gold, even I say when something does not suit me. Only I do not insist like others that WC must make everything right for me.
If WC would want to make it right for everyone, they might tear themselves apart and it's still not enough.
WC has created a great game, without paying attention to the fact that it must please everyone, ergo they have done a good job.

Yes that with the graphics that it is so inaccurate I do not like.
Since I personally so can not assess, is it in the game ASA now also so, or is it like in ASE wrong.

Therefore, I would like to see a little more accuracy there. Whether they implement it, no idea.

I speak my mind freely every time not only when I like something, but also when I don't like it.
Only I seem to be much more tolerant than some others.

A bot would also probably only write short texts.

• Like 1

Why the heck do those structure examples look so unnatural. There's no way those are in game. Unless the models and sizes of all the items are being changed in both games, which I highly doubt. The air con looks literally like a png of the item cutout and stuck onto the images instead of a render of an actual environment. This thing looks like a concept art trying to be passed off as in game renders.

Also. Put the Gorgonopsid in game. I'm not saying vote it in. I'm saying don't. Then put it in anyway, cause this creature should have been in the game for years and I'm seeing the Carchar get just tossed in so you guys don't have to TLC the Giga. That's a slap in the face to every creature that won AND lost.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:50 AM, FROSTBlTE said:

All the effort you put in to ASA is useless if you don't change the pricing structure. Dead game on launch and the only reason you've unlocked more maps on conquest is because you're going to delay ASA. It's pretty obvious. The old bait and switch. 

ASA would be much more accepted by the general ark community at a DLC price ($19). $60 AAA pricing for a remastered IP, is laughable. You haven't even begun to talk to us about meta balancing changes and how you're gonna fix meshing/esp/aimbot. Even how are you gonna do better dev support on your pvp community? 

I won't buy ASA because I don't know if astro delphis and tekbows with instant hit will still be a thing. If they stay unchanged, me and a lot of other people will give this a hard pass.

These are the things driving your numbers down and if you address them before ASA launch, you would see SIGNIFICANTLY more interest in ASA.

Lunacy. There are games in the Xbox store that are $20 and have under 20 hours of playtime. I will easily put 5K hours into ASA over the years. To charge $20 for ASA would be absurd…..

Some of you simply do not love Ark the way the community does so you fail to understand the appeal.

THIS IS IT. There is no other experience like this. If you don’t enjoy Battlefield you can play Call or Duty. THIS CHOICE DOES NOT EXIST FOR ARK.

If they made it $100 I would even blink before hitting the purchase button. It’s this and Fromsoft. 99% of games are absolute trash.

I bet you played Grounded….

• Facepalm 1

bots dont need to be limited to talk fluid english
bots need to evolve to make it hard to be detected (ofc that goes for ppl placing bots, cauz bots are no ppl, just saying since some seem hard to see the possible picture here...)

why is it so far off bots are in here making posts, when wc just keeps on sailing their own boat and not ever responding to what ppl are saying in here... they sure need positive comments, urgently if at all

hey, who give a rat a cheesy

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, HotblackDesiato said:

bots need to evolve to make it hard to be detected (ofc that goes for ppl placing bots, cauz bots are no ppl, just saying since some seem hard to see the possible picture here...)

why is it so far off bots are in here making posts, when wc just keeps on sailing their own boat and not ever responding to what ppl are saying in here... they sure need positive comments, urgently if at all

There are no bots here. Just people trying to get their post count up so they can get out of Early Bird status and vote for creatures.

We have tools to detect spammers and bots. Those do try to come to the forum but we catch and remove them, usually before they have a chance to post anything.

3 hours ago, HotblackDesiato said:

The insinuation that I am a bot is simply laughable.

Why would a bot post things in the suggestions section?
Especially when some of it also refers to mods?
Or also in the area of the map The Center..and my oldest contribution is also BEFORE ASA.

More research helps to rule out that I am a bot.
But it seems to be impossible.

15 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

THIS IS IT. There is no other experience like this. If you don’t enjoy Battlefield you can play Call or Duty. THIS CHOICE DOES NOT EXIST FOR ARK.

Minecraft and Conan exiles offer a similar experience. Not beat for beat the same mind you, but a similar experience. The survival genre is far from new. 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:08 PM, 460Galaxy said:

Agreed, but its not only the proportions. Its pretty obvious they've done everything possible to make the ASE pic look drab and dull. Even a sneaky bit of moonlight coming through the window on the ASA pic lol. ASE pic must be set to lowest graphics setting too because apart from the obvious changes to individual building peices, my ark looks pretty much like that second pic already?  

You are completely right I was just looking at the pictures of myself. That's a shame of what they're trying to make ASE out to be. We literally have less than 2 months and they're trying to do stuff like this shame on them.