Community Crunch 365: ASA Structure Comparison, Creature Vote, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

There is no place like home, and ARK: Survival Ascended will make sure yours looks better than ever! Our structures have undergone a stunning transformation. With their sleek redesign, these structures offer expanded interiors, providing ample space for your essential crafting tables like forges and fabricators. Whether you're aiming for a grand fortress or a cozy lakeside cottage, these structures will beautifully blend form and function, ensuring a delightful and practical living experience. Elevate your future dwellings and immerse yourself in the joy of returning to a home that will not only keep you safe but also offer so much storage space that you'll finally have room to store all those "I'll use it someday" items (we won't judge).

We're looking forward to sharing more ARK: Survival Ascended news and further reveals in the near future!

ASA_StructureComparison.png

ASA_Stone_Wood+Thatch.jpgASA_Stone_Base.jpg

Download in full resolution

creaturesubmissions.png

Ragnarok_Community_Creature_Vote.jpg

Let's dive into the second installment of our thrilling community voting contest - a fan-voted real-world creature that will launch with Ragnarok for ARK: Survival Ascended

Please note that this creature will be released for Ragnarok, so make sure your real-world submissions are in theme with that map! As previously stated, we’ll be adding an additional real-world creature for each expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.

Check out the Creature Submission Guidelines for more information on the submission process, and hop over to the Creature Submission Forum to see the current entries. The entry period will end at 1 PM Pacific on June 12th, and the voting for the top 10 upvoted creatures will begin immediately after.  We are looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life!

conquest_s5_update.png

1538089036_conquest.jpg.133783d0941549f6

The Conquest Season is underway, and will be making a few changes and adding new maps next week.  
Check out the details below and stay tuned for more details!

s5_UPDATES.png

• New maps added: Aberration, Fjordur, and Extinction
    • New maps will be restricted to character download only
    • Items and creatures won't be transferable to those maps
  • All restrictions on TEK items will be lifted for the entire Conquest servers

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, June 12th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: ARKitects

Star Wars meets ARK Survival Evolved! 

A squad of Stormtroopers investigates an anomaly on a distant planet. But their training has not prepared them for what hunts in the deep jungles of Jurassic Earth. Lost... Stranded... Marooned in an unfamiliar world, far from home and devoid of any hope, the group will have to fight for survival against unknown threats that lurk in the darkness.

Creator: Thyro

Thyro challenged himself to tame a Brontosaurus in one game day! Watch his very eventful day as he tackles this challenge.

fanartblue.png

Epilogues by @TekARK_01

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_TekARK01_1

Raptor ride by @NalakBel

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_NalakBel_1

Otter art by Saprom

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_Saprom_192

Fire Wyvern by Ariz

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_Ariz_1920x

Giganotosaurus by бом

large.1312406800_ARK_CommunityCrunch_365

Handmade doll Art: Deinonychus by sayvaris

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_sayvaris_1

Shinehorn by @ebiflyyyy4

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_ebiflyyyy4

acreenshotsblue.png

Asian Castle (Arkitect Structures - Atlas mod) by Red Mustang

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_RedMustang

Titanosaur by 7HoursWide

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_7HoursWide

Tower on Genesis2 by Чип

large.309129425_ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Wow, the look of the wooden tier changed entirely. It's more Medieval-y than primitive, and more similar to... Atlas' style. I had expected/hoped the tiers' dimensions would change, and would align with what Atlas had done (which was more square), but it's surprising how the tier was changed so much, when the style of the stone tier is very similar to that of ASE's (...having two types of wooden tiers would have been fun, but oh well).
At least now, basegame tiers will be compatible with many building mods, like CKFR/CKF:SF or Arkitect Structures (if their respective owners carry them to ASA).

Some changes are a bit less exciting though. Or at least, if I'm trying to be charitable, puzzling. The doorframe, for instance, suggests that we no longer can stack doorframes on top of each other to create large openings, because the top of the frame is now "closed". It allowed for a lot more than just "doorframes" as a use for these pieces (combined with other doorframes, or layered with greenhouse glass, etc.). Not to mention, it was more confortable for tall characters XD
Or maybe there are variants for individual pieces, like in Atlas ? Which honestly would be nice, if only to switch between railings and halfwalls (I never understood why Homestead didn't include them from S+).

Well, as usual, so little is said that we end up with more questions than answers. I hope the building community doesn't get shafted in this ; we've been an underserved subset of the playerbase for a while, the ASE building system being purely functional (the best elements among us had to be creative against all odds, and showed us tricks to make Ark's building system less dire). Having fewer options instead of more is the opposite of what is overdue.
Not to mention, there are still a lot of unanswered questions about the building system itself. Was it really impossible to tell us more about it in this post ? Snap points, blueprints, what have you... We're 2 months away from release.

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It is difficult to fully compare the two structure versions since there are inaccuracies in the UE4 picture. Such as, a fabricator cannot fit under a ceiling that is one wall high, and would clip through the ceiling. Also, a fabricator is just shy of being two foundations long. So it would clip through the stairs. The air conditioner is also the wrong color, and looks grungier than in game. So if there is no honesty in the comparison, how is the comparison to be trusted? Even if the UE5 version is fully accurate, and honest, the reveal is tainted by dishonesty. Since now all that comes to mind is wondering what else may have been altered to look worse in the UE4 version to make the UE5 version look more appealing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

Ok this is more like it, I can’t tell you how much it drove me nuts not to be able to put stuff under stairs!  Like Ladyteruki said though, do we loose the open door frame on the top, if so that kinda sucks.  It does come in handy in a lot of builds to be able to stack doorways seamlessly.  Definitely this crunch is lacking, if you’re going to talk about structures and building then let’s SEE structures and building!!!  Talk about it, not just a little “oh hey quick comparison”.  I like how clean the UR5 looks and the height adjustments, definitely will make things easier internal base set up.  In reality though you guys are teasing us to almost the point of climax and then rolling over and going to sleep on us.  Bring on the showcases, have a little hour or half hour stream on the building.  
As far as the creature vote, I believe the center should be first.  Ragnarok already got a special creature on release, the griffin.  Guided it wasn’t a real creature just mythological, but it got its release.  The Center never got a specific creature.  The dire bear came out when the center dropped but it wasn’t specific.  As awesome as the map is, it deserves to be first in that.  It was the second map to be released but the one that started the map dlc frenzy.  So let’s have the Center take it’s turn first, Ragnarok can take a seat for a few.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello, so I have now first very thoroughly look at the pictures.

I think the wait was worth it, there is so much to discover.

My first impression, I like the graphics of ASA better, especially because the walls are much higher.

But I like the more rustic of ASE better. ASA looks so new, clean and skillful.
It's a pity that the straw structures have now been changed to palm frond structures.
I don't like the look of those quite as much, though now there's hope that maybe there won't be any more straw from trees. Getting dry leaves from trees is more realistic!

The straw simply looks more foluminous than these straight palm fronds.
I hope that maybe a little bit is reworked, although this is probably rather in vain.
Also, I really like the darker, shabbier of the wood in the old structures.
The railing looks much better in the new, although I like the handrail of the old more.

With luck, there are yes different versions? One for experienced woodworkers and one for beginners who are just cobbling everything together laboriously. 
ASE seems rather laboriously made, ASA there are the professionals at work. :D

The torches are much brighter, so there's hardly any reason to use Gamma, although I didn't see any in it before.

Finally we can put cabinets without having to put two walls on top of each other.
MANY THANKS WC, that was a very important point that had to be changed.
Surely now you can see out the window without having to bend down.

The melt...hach..I want to keep there the old, there are the stones of the coloring more different.
This is but just again this look as if it was used more and rather laboriously together.
If that is no longer included I will miss it very much if I can / want to play ASA.

But maybe at some point bone structures will come into the game, as a few mods insert.
Which don't look quite so new and neat.

Or the stuff gets older with time itself. 
Although I do not think that this is inserted, but would be top class should it be so.

The stone railing but I like much better than the old, the holes in it had always bothered me. Where they would have liked to make the handrail further from a different colored stone. So a clear difference, would be nice.
Also, I think it's good that at ASA less mortar is used.
Too bad that the stones are so angular in the new, the rounded in the old is more my taste.
Also the color differences are too few.
Hello we have to get the stones from all sorts of different places... they look there certainly also different!

My conclusion after a closer look:
The new structures are very nice and definitely have their advantages, but the charm of the older, painstakingly built is unfortunately lost.

I would like both, please. The old in style and height from the new and for the advanced building, the newer more artful structures. :D

Thanks for de two great pics though!

I was very pleased and will certainly still quite often until Friday look at the two to discover even more details.

How did you manage to put boots? (Probably you have cheated)
I want to do that too. Something is very important when you want to decorate!

23 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

As far as the creature vote, I believe the center should be first.  Ragnarok already got a special creature on release, the griffin.  Guided it wasn’t a real creature just mythological, but it got its release.  The Center never got a specific creature.  The dire bear came out when the center dropped but it wasn’t specific.  As awesome as the map is, it deserves to be first in that.  It was the second map to be released but the one that started the map dlc frenzy.  So let’s have the Center take it’s turn first, Ragnarok can take a seat for a few.

Ragnarok got more than one. I don't think the Ice Wyvern existed before Rag... also a mythical creature, admittedly.
#JusticeforTheCenter, I agree. Hopefully it'll come next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BlakeEIves said:

It is difficult to fully compare the two structure versions since there are inaccuracies in the UE4 picture. 

I noticed the same thing. And also that the sloped walls are inaccurate (in the stone tier, and I think in the thatch tier too ? I'm not sure about that one, I never build in thatch since it has so few pieces... by the way it'd be nice if, since the team is working on those assets, ALL tiers had the same number of pieces, but I digress).

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

appreciate the new images. but would like the option to use either the old thatch style for roofs and floors as well as the proposed new. I like the fluffier style because it reminds me of ancient rooftops like you might find in jolly old england. the flatter texture might be great for floors as well. but I know my chickens, er my dodos really love the current thatch floor.

I would like my thatch and wood NOT to decay any faster than stone or metal. I dont build in metal because its pretty. but only because I have no choice with current decay rates.

defo like new doors. STILL WANT MY goodies FROM Primitive plus. my juicer, bread oven, small black vault, in short ALL of the primitive furnishings.

we do NOT play ark just for the dinos. we build and we love to decorate. we need some of ECOs love with plants etc. seen so many cool things possible when I check out mods on my pC. but I do not like to play on my PC I like to play on my xbox or ps5.

you want me to pay for the game again...AND wait a year to regain my fav maps...okay...but give me ALL my primitive plus goodies as well.

and my characters complete with stats. gonna keep saying that because its a real sticking issue for some folks who have left the game. No body wants to have to do those boss fights over again.

Im holding out hope, for my character to get transferred,  cuz ima a dreamer.

again, thank you for the update images. looking forward to seeing more of ASA to come in the weeks ahead as we move toward ASA deployment in AUGUST 2023.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

There is no place like home, and ARK: Survival Ascended will make sure yours looks better than ever! Our structures have undergone a stunning transformation. With their sleek redesign, these structures offer expanded interiors, providing ample space for your essential crafting tables like forges and fabricators. Whether you're aiming for a grand fortress or a cozy lakeside cottage, these structures will beautifully blend form and function, ensuring a delightful and practical living experience. Elevate your future dwellings and immerse yourself in the joy of returning to a home that will not only keep you safe but also offer so much storage space that you'll finally have room to store all those "I'll use it someday" items (we won't judge).

We're looking forward to sharing more ARK: Survival Ascended news and further reveals in the near future!

creaturesubmissions.png

Let's dive into the second installment of our thrilling community voting contest - a fan-voted real-world creature that will launch with Ragnarok for ARK: Survival Ascended

Please note that this creature will be released for Ragnarok, so make sure your real-world submissions are in theme with that map! As previously stated, we’ll be adding an additional real-world creature for each expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.

Check out the Creature Submission Guidelines for more information on the submission process, and hop over to the Creature Submission Forum to see the current entries. The entry period will end at 1 PM Pacific on June 12th, and the voting for the top 10 upvoted creatures will begin immediately after.  We are looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life!

conquest_s5_update.png

The Conquest Season is underway, and will be making a few changes and adding new maps next week.  

s5_UPDATES.png

evoeventblue.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, June 12th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

clipsandvideosblue.png

A squad of Stormtroopers investigates an anomaly on a distant planet. But their training has not prepared them for what hunts in the deep jungles of Jurassic Earth. Lost... Stranded... Marooned in an unfamiliar world, far from home and devoid of any hope, the group will have to fight for survival against unknown threats that lurk in the darkness.

Thyro challenged himself to tame a Brontosaurus in one game day! Watch his very eventful day as he tackles this challenge.

fanartblue.png

Epilogues by @TekARK_01

Raptor ride by @NalakBel

Otter art by Saprom

Fire Wyvern by Ariz

Giganotosaurus by бом

Shinehorn by @ebiflyyyy4

acreenshotsblue.png

Titanosaur by 7HoursWide

Tower on Genesis2 by Чип

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

View full article

Looks like them make the structures taller, like square instead of rectangular.

• Facepalm 1

How about removing the need for a foundation or pillar every three feet. So many awesome builds are crippled by "no support pillar or foundation in range". And fix the damn game so it stops randomly decaying people's stuff even though said stuff is being rendered properly... I have had three stryders get randomly decayed within a day of them being rendered last

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

creaturesubmissions.png

conquest_s5_update.png

s5_UPDATES.png

evoeventblue.png

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

clipsandvideosblue.png

fanartblue.png

Epilogues by @TekARK_01

Raptor ride by @NalakBel

Otter art by Saprom

Fire Wyvern by Ariz

Giganotosaurus by бом

Shinehorn by @ebiflyyyy4

acreenshotsblue.png

Titanosaur by 7HoursWide

Tower on Genesis2 by Чип

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

View full article

I hope they don't continue with the idea of closing the servers

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, BlakeEIves said:

It is difficult to fully compare the two structure versions since there are inaccuracies in the UE4 picture. Such as, a fabricator cannot fit under a ceiling that is one wall high, and would clip through the ceiling. Also, a fabricator is just shy of being two foundations long. So it would clip through the stairs. The air conditioner is also the wrong color, and looks grungier than in game. So if there is no honesty in the comparison, how is the comparison to be trusted? Even if the UE5 version is fully accurate, and honest, the reveal is tainted by dishonesty. Since now all that comes to mind is wondering what else may have been altered to look worse in the UE4 version to make the UE5 version look more appealing.

Since it has interessirt me, how it looks in the game... since you have it here nicely mentioned that the ratios are not quite right.

Too bad that there was so cheated, I actually expect in such a comparison that they work quite accurately! (Ok, that the boots were cheated is acceptable)

I have it times on Lost Island after built.

Hopefully everything is correct.

20230610042126_1.jpg.8e614ae8992acfd6afcc294362507daa.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ikkihell said:

I hope they don't continue with the idea of closing the servers

It's still gonna happen bruv. Wildcard doesn't want to divide resources or risk a large swathe of players just deciding to do the sensible thing and stay out where they already invested time and energy making and taming things.