Community Crunch 365: ASA Structure Comparison, Creature Vote, and More!

StudioWildcard

I have a strange impression on the last crunch I observed no less positive posts from people with a zero post.  All of them briefly describe the exquisiteness of the graphics.  It looks triche as if the positives were loaded.  But that's just an observation and I could be wrong.  However, I'm not going to the car dealership for a new version of the car only on the basis of the car lift proposal, not knowing what else it changes.  Currently, this is how it looks on the forum and crunch.
Players seem to be more interested in graphical improvements.  But things like stability improvements, bug fixes, and most importantly, balance are not talked about much because we all know that's ASE's shortcoming. (I'm not saying that it's not talked about at all. Look at this crunch how many 0 posts make up the greatness of the game. Apparently only the graphics are alive.) You know what Wc/SG close this crunch and forum because what are they for?  Just announcing irrelevant things?  What would it be for?  Many would like to see WC/SG statements and answers to our questions.  You know, it would be nice to see this graphic without your vision of graphic modifications on crunch.  What a pleasure to go on a server and say "Wow, that's great", and in many cases it won't.  Because conceptual art differs from the reality of its execution.  Same with diagonal triangles, they never folded well, there was always a hole in the roof.

Talking to PS5 players, many say that ASA will contain more bugs than ASE.  (Maybe they're right, the WC/SG itself doesn't say anything else about it. The only important piece of information was the price change).  Which also does not apply to the EU.  However, since WC/SG's headquarters are in the US (Kirkland, Washington), EVZ can't do anything.  But the Better Business Bureau can do more now.  Presenting them in ASA and ASE versions as two different applications, which they are not.  ASA is just an updated version of ASE, which means the same maps go there and it's not a new game and we have to pay for it.  As part of updating ASE content and fixing bugs that players have been experiencing so far, WC/SG should provide an updated version of ASE or ASA free of charge to ASE owners.  The least welcome issue with WC/SG's communication with players could raise WC/SG's image among players.  (but that won't happen anyway because they don't care about us) Actually, I'm sick of them too for being so disrespectful to the players. The upshot is that my involvement with ASE has already diminished, I'm just starting to hate WC/SG for their behavior towards players.  The game itself is not to blame for anything, even though it has many bugs, it may still have its charm to which many of us have devoted thousands of hours of play, sleepless nights xD etc.  But it won't happen anyway and it's only for a measly €60 for the updates that WC/SG wants from us.  This disrespect to the players is not worth a penny.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

are those wooden foundations sponsored by ATARI?
i'm too old, i'm branded by that 2600 console and therefor it can't be unseen ^^

In all fairness though, not a fan of the look from the side, atari logo or not. 

(also, might be a good idea to check the direction of the triangle wall (inside/outside) and the tooltip image. they've been facing the wrong side since they were added, so you almost always craft the wrong one 1st)

Edited by BLiNNeMaNS
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

I have a strange impression on the last crunch I observed no less positive posts from people with a zero post.  All of them briefly describe the exquisiteness of the graphics.  It looks triche as if the positives were loaded.  But that's just an observation and I could be wrong.  However, I'm not going to the car dealership for a new version of the car only on the basis of the car lift proposal, not knowing what else it changes.  Currently, this is how it looks on the forum and crunch.
Players seem to be more interested in graphical improvements.  But things like stability improvements, bug fixes, and most importantly, balance are not talked about much because we all know that's ASE's shortcoming. (I'm not saying that it's not talked about at all. Look at this crunch how many 0 posts make up the greatness of the game. Apparently only the graphics are alive.) You know what Wc/SG close this crunch and forum because what are they for?  Just announcing irrelevant things?  What would it be for?  Many would like to see WC/SG statements and answers to our questions.  You know, it would be nice to see this graphic without your vision of graphic modifications on crunch.  What a pleasure to go on a server and say "Wow, that's great", and in many cases it won't.  Because conceptual art differs from the reality of its execution.  Same with diagonal triangles, they never folded well, there was always a hole in the roof.

Talking to PS5 players, many say that ASA will contain more bugs than ASE.  (Maybe they're right, the WC/SG itself doesn't say anything else about it. The only important piece of information was the price change).  Which also does not apply to the EU.  However, since WC/SG's headquarters are in the US (Kirkland, Washington), EVZ can't do anything.  But the Better Business Bureau can do more now.  Presenting them in ASA and ASE versions as two different applications, which they are not.  ASA is just an updated version of ASE, which means the same maps go there and it's not a new game and we have to pay for it.  As part of updating ASE content and fixing bugs that players have been experiencing so far, WC/SG should provide an updated version of ASE or ASA free of charge to ASE owners.  The least welcome issue with WC/SG's communication with players could raise WC/SG's image among players.  (but that won't happen anyway because they don't care about us) Actually, I'm sick of them too for being so disrespectful to the players. The upshot is that my involvement with ASE has already diminished, I'm just starting to hate WC/SG for their behavior towards players.  The game itself is not to blame for anything, even though it has many bugs, it may still have its charm to which many of us have devoted thousands of hours of play, sleepless nights xD etc.  But it won't happen anyway and it's only for a measly €60 for the updates that WC/SG wants from us.  This disrespect to the players is not worth a penny.

Your observation is perfectly valid. I've been away from this forum a long time but I reactivated my account just to report all these new users as fake accounts.

Your other remarks can be usefull as well: Given the fact they fabricated fake comparisions (as demonstrated by @Dienstbier) to show the improved graphics, should this not be reported to this Better Busines Bureau?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What are you clowns doing? You’re about to wipe years of work from thousands of people and you can’t show us a screenshot of a Dinosaur in ASA?

Ark is a 10/10 game with 0/10 community managers. Legitimately the worst communication I’ve ever seen from a game developer. At this point people have every right to throw tomatoes at you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Why is it still insisted that gameplay and bug fixes are already shown or said.
Are you not aware how much work it makes to revise such a game?

They have already announced some things that will be improved (small part of a long list).
But if they already show gameplay or tell bug fixes, it won't be true anyway.
How often do we see that WC brings bugs into the game through updates, or brings them back.

Also the gameplay will probably not be ready yet.
As it looks, they will not tell us much at this point.
This has nothing to do with disrespect.

There are companies that are more open about what they are doing and companies that are more likely to present the finished product.
They are aware that we want to see more, but they have also asked for time.
This is their quote from Crunch 356:

At the end of the day, these are just words and, frankly, may not mean so much. That’s okay; we understand what will really convince you is seeing screenshots and a gameplay trailer, and you will in time. We know there are going to be more questions, and we’ll be sharing more details over time. We’re not quite ready to pull back the curtains just yet, so we hope you’ll hang in there with us, Survivors. It’ll be worth the wait!

WE as players should also respect their decision when they want to/can show howvel.

However, what I personally find absolutely incorrect, that the ratios of the structures are misrepresented.
Therefore I will now every time, if there are again such pictures, where ratios of objects are represented, as here in the picture, recreate this myself, even if my graphics are not so good.

Personally, the proportions are important to me. Of course, not whether now a sleeping bag next to a melt is exactly suitable as in the previous pictures. There were only the graphical differences important.
But if so buildings with content are shown. Or also in comparison to a dinosaur. (Stable or similar)

We will surely not get a correct ratio picture later, but it would be nice if it would happen.

Even if the proportions are not correct, I remain with my opinion, I find the ASA changes partly very good, although I find the old appearance partly more beautiful.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

All the effort you put in to ASA is useless if you don't change the pricing structure. Dead game on launch and the only reason you've unlocked more maps on conquest is because you're going to delay ASA. It's pretty obvious. The old bait and switch. 

ASA would be much more accepted by the general ark community at a DLC price ($19). $60 AAA pricing for a remastered IP, is laughable. You haven't even begun to talk to us about meta balancing changes and how you're gonna fix meshing/esp/aimbot. Even how are you gonna do better dev support on your pvp community? 

I won't buy ASA because I don't know if astro delphis and tekbows with instant hit will still be a thing. If they stay unchanged, me and a lot of other people will give this a hard pass.

These are the things driving your numbers down and if you address them before ASA launch, you would see SIGNIFICANTLY more interest in ASA.

• Thanks 1

The new structures are all very pretty and all, I'll give You that.

But what I REALLY want to know is: will the large bases rendering get fixed?

I'm tired of the "game will take 30 seconds to render your entire base". Just because it's a 43 x 56 foundations, 3 stories and 16 walls high borg cube, with 150 tames inside (hey, it's my breeding grounds).

Will it render better this time? Will it render in a way that who is outside will not see my floating tames inside? Will it stop babies clipping through the ground as they mature? Will the awful decision to render dinos first and structures later be revised?

Come to think of it: will finally the game use our several cores? At the moment it is effectively single core, as more than 90% of the work is done on a single thread. Yes, it uses about 4 threads - but only one of them does the heavy lifting.

And since I'm ranting already: Would You, pretty please, make comments possible in the server config file? Do you know how annoying is not to be able to write "i put this setting here because...", without the server wiping it later?

There. I feel better already.

11 hours ago, BlakeEIves said:

It is difficult to fully compare the two structure versions since there are inaccuracies in the UE4 picture. Such as, a fabricator cannot fit under a ceiling that is one wall high, and would clip through the ceiling. Also, a fabricator is just shy of being two foundations long. So it would clip through the stairs. The air conditioner is also the wrong color, and looks grungier than in game. So if there is no honesty in the comparison, how is the comparison to be trusted? Even if the UE5 version is fully accurate, and honest, the reveal is tainted by dishonesty. Since now all that comes to mind is wondering what else may have been altered to look worse in the UE4 version to make the UE5 version look more appealing.

First thing I noticed was how small they made the war map, and the missing window on the ASE example to make the lighting difference more dramatic on the primitive bed.  It looks like they actually put in MORE effort to make the inaccurate version.

I don't like to be negative all the time though.  I will be watching with an open mind to see how things go.  I think if all of the promises of improved building, dino behavior, combat, etc. are delivered on, it could worth a re-buy.  

As a console player, I would really like building features modded PC players enjoy like toggling rails to half walls, inverted sloped walls, etc.

Finally, in ASE I am STILL experiencing game crashes nearly EVERY time I exit to menu ("saveworld" console command is a life saver) on playstation single player/non-dedicated.  This, along with the inability to adjust or remove the teather to host on non-dedicated servers seems like an unacceptable state to leave the game in, considering official servers are getting shut down and more people will soon want to play this way.

No.  I don't want to pay to rent a server for a game that I can go for large stretches of time without playing, so people need to understand that option does not make sense for everyone.  No.  Using another console to host a dedicated server doesn't always make sense either.  (Did you know some maps don't even have the option on playstation?) Wow. I didn't mean to ramble on that long.

TLDR: Keep up the good work, don't make promises you can't keep, don't forget about the single player/non-dedicated console peasants!

50 minutes ago, RADAR4077 said:

First thing I noticed was how small they made the war map, and the missing window on the ASE example to make the lighting difference more dramatic on the primitive bed.  It looks like they actually put in MORE effort to make the inaccurate version.

I don't think it's about the darmatic.
With straw there are NO windows!
But in ASA they seem to add a window wall, which I think is very good!

Edited by Dienstbier

Well as they said that teleporters will be a lot smaller maybe they found way to shrink fabricator to smithy size or lower.

As for air conditioner i see a lot improvement too. Seem we get on The island way to learn battery engram and craft them and that we will have terminals or stryders on island to fill them in order to make  conditioner work or they finally removed irritating flash lights from electrical outlets or outlet is invisible or hidden deep in foundation. Also in case of outlet cant imagine where electrical power come from. Two generators (primary and back up) used to take a lot of space and usually built in safest possible place inside building where your neighbor cant turn them off.

Maybe they improved that too and made generators resistant on various threats including your neighbor care so generators can be outside of any protection.

A lot of improvements including tree from previous community crunch - will be enough to show tree pic to boss and he will die.

Btw instead of conditioner near fabricator i prefer storage and refining forge should be placed where your argy can come  with mats weight a lot higher your avatar is able to take and not basically under your bed

Edited by Noa

19 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

There is no place like home, and ARK: Survival Ascended will make sure yours looks better than ever! Our structures have undergone a stunning transformation. With their sleek redesign, these structures offer expanded interiors, providing ample space for your essential crafting tables like forges and fabricators. Whether you're aiming for a grand fortress or a cozy lakeside cottage, these structures will beautifully blend form and function, ensuring a delightful and practical living experience. Elevate your future dwellings and immerse yourself in the joy of returning to a home that will not only keep you safe but also offer so much storage space that you'll finally have room to store all those "I'll use it someday" items (we won't judge).

We're looking forward to sharing more ARK: Survival Ascended news and further reveals in the near future!

ASA_StructureComparison.png

ASA_Stone_Wood+Thatch.jpgASA_Stone_Base.jpg

Download in full resolution

creaturesubmissions.png

Ragnarok_Community_Creature_Vote.jpg

Let's dive into the second installment of our thrilling community voting contest - a fan-voted real-world creature that will launch with Ragnarok for ARK: Survival Ascended

Please note that this creature will be released for Ragnarok, so make sure your real-world submissions are in theme with that map! As previously stated, we’ll be adding an additional real-world creature for each expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.

Check out the Creature Submission Guidelines for more information on the submission process, and hop over to the Creature Submission Forum to see the current entries. The entry period will end at 1 PM Pacific on June 12th, and the voting for the top 10 upvoted creatures will begin immediately after.  We are looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life!

conquest_s5_update.png

1538089036_conquest.jpg.133783d0941549f6

The Conquest Season is underway, and will be making a few changes and adding new maps next week.  
Check out the details below and stay tuned for more details!

s5_UPDATES.png

• New maps added: Aberration, Fjordur, and Extinction
    • New maps will be restricted to character download only
    • Items and creatures won't be transferable to those maps
  • All restrictions on TEK items will be lifted for the entire Conquest servers

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, June 12th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: ARKitects

Star Wars meets ARK Survival Evolved! 

A squad of Stormtroopers investigates an anomaly on a distant planet. But their training has not prepared them for what hunts in the deep jungles of Jurassic Earth. Lost... Stranded... Marooned in an unfamiliar world, far from home and devoid of any hope, the group will have to fight for survival against unknown threats that lurk in the darkness.

Creator: Thyro

Thyro challenged himself to tame a Brontosaurus in one game day! Watch his very eventful day as he tackles this challenge.

fanartblue.png

Epilogues by @TekARK_01

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_TekARK01_1

Raptor ride by @NalakBel

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_NalakBel_1

Otter art by Saprom

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_Saprom_192

Fire Wyvern by Ariz

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_365_Ariz_1920x

Giganotosaurus by бом

large.1312406800_ARK_CommunityCrunch_365

Handmade doll Art: Deinonychus by sayvaris