Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

Reading the comments since my post i need to say a few things.

I am pissed that they are removung official servers for ASE. But from a professional pount of view i see this is neccessary. But charging a dedicated player to be able to play again is crap.

The early days of Ark where noone has OP gigas or Tek bases etc is good. Its all fun building towards something rsther than just refreshing the same old game we've been doing for years. I would live to see the graphical upgrades and QOL changes. But please.. Sort out the pricing. Snail Games are literally ruining WC reputation. Yes Ark may have bugs etc. but we've all looked past these as the community team have usually been strong, and quick to resolve whatever issues there are. 

This time though Cedric hasnt tweeted like the guy has gone AWOL. And wheres the other tweets from WC? 

Talk to us guys. rsther than just saying you're deleting our stuff and charging us again to have the same dedication to your game as before.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, EuphoricMarrow0 said:

Does anyone know if only the tribe leader can download the server to single player or can all tribe members download a save of it?

If they release it like they did last time. Anybody can download it.

I was downloading and running around everyone else's servers just to see what all everyone had.

On 4/8/2023 at 3:36 PM, PaleoGamer said:

Of course it's possible. The tames - and gear - are things completely on their own. Take the parasaur, for example.

Doesn't matter if the knew one is a different skin. Doesn't matter if if has 10x more polygons. It makes no difference if the whole body/collision mesh/AI is different. Because, at the end of the day, Your parasaur is just a code, that in the game's context means "this is a parasaur".

The same thing goes for its stats. We have the stat (say health) and a number for this stat. Even if the number were to be different (say ASA uses numbers 20x bigger than ASE), it wouldn't matter. Your conversion filter would look at the "400 health" status and multiply it by 20. Done.

"But there is a new stat, that doesn't exist on the ASE!"

Well, this stat will have a base value, and a level progression too. If this is the case, just look at the tame lvl and scale this stat as if it were a wild one. There, problem solved.

The bases are harder - because they interact with the ground and with their own snap points. I can't say if would be easy to port a base from ASE to ASA. But tames, character and gear? Easy peasy.

Do you not get it? ASA is a completely different game, with different coding. Because they are going full in with UE5, it cannot be backwards compatible. I like this idea, but I am still angry about the sunset of official, and I am by no means defending wc, I'm just saying, the way they designed ASA, it would be impossible. Also, who wants to buy a game that is totally different from another, and be able to bring all your stuff? This is how the official pillaring issue starts. Let's bring a thousand pillars and latter's, and pillar off the entire map. One more thing, it is like this, to maintain a fair experience to all of its players. I wish ASA was its original plan, to be a free upgrade, but that is not how they decided it to work, if only the kept official.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

Let's bring a thousand pillars and latter's, and pillar off the entire map. One more thing, it is like this, to maintain a fair experience to all of its players

I mean let's be real, that's going to happen eventually anyway. The experience can never truly be fair because in the end there will be two classes of player: the experienced and the inexperienced. Unless they change everything from the ground up then yhe ones that know what to do will rush their progress and eventually obliterate the ones that are still getting their first steps in. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

7 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

Do you not get it? ASA is a completely different game, with different coding. Because they are going full in with UE5, it cannot be backwards compatible. I like this idea, but I am still angry about the sunset of official, and I am by no means defending wc, I'm just saying, the way they designed ASA, it would be impossible. Also, who wants to buy a game that is totally different from another, and be able to bring all your stuff? This is how the official pillaring issue starts. Let's bring a thousand pillars and latter's, and pillar off the entire map. One more thing, it is like this, to maintain a fair experience to all of its players. I wish ASA was its original plan, to be a free upgrade, but that is not how they decided it to work, if only the kept official.

COMPLETELY different game? yeah keep dreaming its reskinned ARK se there is NO WAY in hell they can re-code ark into UE5 in FIVE months if u remotely think they can .. pass me whatever you are on please.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fezza said:

Reading the comments since my post i need to say a few things.

I am pissed that they are removung official servers for ASE. But from a professional pount of view i see this is neccessary. But charging a dedicated player to be able to play again is crap.

The early days of Ark where noone has OP gigas or Tek bases etc is good. Its all fun building towards something rsther than just refreshing the same old game we've been doing for years. I would live to see the graphical upgrades and QOL changes. But please.. Sort out the pricing. Snail Games are literally ruining WC reputation. Yes Ark may have bugs etc. but we've all looked past these as the community team have usually been strong, and quick to resolve whatever issues there are. 

This time though Cedric hasnt tweeted like the guy has gone AWOL. And wheres the other tweets from WC? 

Talk to us guys. rsther than just saying you're deleting our stuff and charging us again to have the same dedication to your game as before.

Be a professional point of view you know if a game continues to sells well there is no real reason to kill the support for it, there is a high risk of backfire when you try to force people to move on a new game from one that is far from being dead.

I still prefer ASA + ARK 2 (and 1 month of closed beta) without DLCs for 49,99 than ASA with DLCs for 59,99.

In fact I'm interested in buying ASA + ARK 2 + new ASA DLC + Explorer’s Pass (I love Scorched Earth) but without Genesis Pass (I'm not a fan of Genesis 1 and 2). So maybe we should have more options?

Right now for me is worse deal than the bundle (I pay more for less).

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AUTO6 said:

I still prefer ASA + ARK 2 (and 1 month of closed beta) without DLCs for 49,99 than ASA with DLCs for 59,99.

In fact I'm interested in buying ASA + ARK 2 + new ASA DLC + Explorer’s Pass (I love Scorched Earth) but without Genesis Pass (I'm not a fan of Genesis 1 and 2). So maybe we should have more options?

Right now for me is worse deal than the bundle (I pay more for less).

You know this is an 8 Years old Game with only an Grafik Upgrade?

• Like 3

I understand the moves that WC is making to release the new game agree or not it is not our decision.  I have questions though.  They say we can download our server save, does that include console? Console  Player dedicated servers, will you open the remaining maps so we can finish the game? On PS we are not able to use Gen 1, Gen 2, CI, Lost Island and Fjordur, would love to finish the game but not able to without the ability to access them on dedicated player servers?   Completing it on Single player is not the same without the tribe and the issues of tethering when we play together on Single player/ non dedicated sessions.

Edited by Spoiledbrat

17 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

No, it is not. It's the old one ported to UE5 and some new things.

But even if it were: my point still stands. Even if the new Parasaur had wings and two rockets attached to its head: it would still be possible to make the import. Take the old one, convert the values and make a new one based on this.

Yes, it is that easy. What isn't easy is to let people with ASE and ASA play together - but this wasn't never asked for.

Understand this: the code is one thing, the creature is another. The creature is an asset, that the code uses for parameters when running. Importing a creature is theoretically easy: all you need to do is make a filter that looks and says: "An old parasaur with 400 health. Ok, it will be a new parasaur with 600 health." And it's  done. That's all that's needed to a one way import filter.

The bases are harder, because they interact with the map's grid, and its various pieces with one another. So it could be quite hard to manage all those snap points - and only if You wanted to keep the base built. If Your problem is just the pieces, it would be quite easy to create a "magic" box, with all the thousands of parts of your (now disassembled) base.

If You are so worried about pillaring, make the import only valid to unofficial servers. It would be good enough for whoever is attached to its tames and work done, wouldn't impact official servers, and would give a way forward for the thousands of unofficials that exist today. There, everyone's happy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nickevon said:

I actually like this design better than the bull$#it one that was suggested

I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything to the person who suggested its just that they suggested was kind of op

what are you talking about? they changed the bundle, not the design of the upgraded version.

I reported this comment. Not only is that the only way to maybe be heard but ark remastered and ark 2 info should have it's on spot not with info people want to try and enjoy before THE END. I have a PS4 so I can't play the new game that's all there is to it so it does not matter to me. Let me focus on a game I can play or go ahead and let people start loading onto host servers everyday from today to the point of sunset. Don't limit to one day some of us work or have plans or school so it's a problem by itself 

9 hours ago, Teribug101 said:

I reported this comment. Not only is that the only way to maybe be heard but ark remastered and ark 2 info should have it's on spot not with info people want to try and enjoy before THE END. I have a PS4 so I can't play the new game that's all there is to it so it does not matter to me. Let me focus on a game I can play or go ahead and let people start loading onto host servers everyday from today to the point of sunset. Don't limit to one day some of us work or have plans or school so it's a problem by itself 

Filing a false report won't help, bruv. If anything it could land you in trouble depending on the rules regarding reports.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:59 AM, darkradeon said:

Lmao, you don't get it: price is the last and minor issue. Getting paid for work is legit thing (if price is legit too!). The main issues are others.

Official shutdown

Total official shutdown is like forcing users to buy the game, despite ASE still selling good and getting new players activation daily.
This also kills owners of old gen consoles that cannot even download and keep the server saves.
You NEVER cared about server status: never a server review after 2019 with the partial shutdown of legacy. You opened always new servers even for unplayed maps. And now you are telling those resources are all needed for a game that still doesn't exists even on preorder and that will face 1-2 maps only at begin? This is a mockery.

FIX: Keep Official alive until it is played. Do a server review, do it seriously, say what server have to close for being un-played, allowing people to move giving a decent amount of time. Do this review every 6-9-12 months until really those servers are all unpopulated and you decide to shutdown ASE. And please note that a lot of official players quitted now for your previous disastrous community crunch.

Overwolf

Overwolf is a piece of crapware slowing down system, eating resources. Paid mods will kill unofficial with players having to pay both slots and mods. Instead, mod.io initial choice was far better choice.

FIX: Toss off overwolf and go back to mod.io.

Multiplatform

Multiplatform is just a sex toy for monkey streamers to get more viewers: it will only add tons of issues about cheating, account login issues, patch deployment issues (pc vs consoles certification process). This also put a dark shadows against unofficial and dedicated server runtimes: microsoft and sony don't like non-nda users dealing with their account and login platforms. You tried it with SOTF and didn't work (pad vs mouse&keyboard).

FIX: Toss off multiplatform. It didn’t work with SOTF (mouse vs keyboard) and brings only deployment issues. Nobody really cares nor asked about this. Or if you really wanna do it, don't put it as default choice and on official servers.

Your behaviour toward community

You totally lack of any real sign of respect towards your community: lies, mocking, total silence hoping people will forget
Now you say you changed again idea about your future econmical income? All these are proofs you aren't serious on your work and intentions.
You are even able to sincerely ask sorry for those that will lose years of supporting your game. All this "we al learning" agile poop paradigm is just the iceberg peak of your total fail on this.
ARK Survival Evolved is sold as an mmo, at least on Steam. In a mmo there are 2 really important aspect a developer must consider: servers review and community respect. For 7 years you clearly totally showed you do not care about these 2 things.

FIX: Ask sorry. Really and sincerely. And stop using players as beta tester. Provide beta releases and servers for that.

Getting paid for work is legit thing, this is true, but no one asked this work.  Releasing new DLC-s with new maps, and dinos , even if the price is double then before. Releasing some payable things, like item for getting buff, to instant tame, or instant imprint, or instant full - grown, or similar things,  everybody pay for that happy, and no one will be angry.  Even if he releasing an event, like "Child day on around october" collecting money, with streaming until 1 day, just for to keep up servers.... i believe to many people paying... Anything is better, just not this.  
But alredy late. Even if WC change her mind, and tell us, to not shut down servers, i cant believe to him.  Many people alredy destroyed their base, and dinos, when realizing this news.  

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, kicsiendzsi said:

Releasing some payable things, like item for getting buff, to instant tame, or instant imprint, or instant full - grown, or similar things,  everybody pay for that happy, and no one will be angry.

How wrong can you be. I'd hardly say everybody would be happy with pay-2-win mechanics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kicsiendzsi said:

Getting paid for work is legit thing, this is true, but no one asked this work.  Releasing new DLC-s with new maps, and dinos , even if the price is double then before. Releasing some payable things, like item for getting buff, to instant tame, or instant imprint, or instant full - grown, or similar things,  everybody pay for that happy, and no one will be angry.  Even if he releasing an event, like "Child day on around october" collecting money, with streaming until 1 day, just for to keep up servers.... i believe to many people paying... Anything is better, just not this.  
But alredy late. Even if WC change her mind, and tell us, to not shut down servers, i cant believe to him.  Many people alredy destroyed their base, and dinos, when realizing this news.  

So true, even if ASA would be free, with current ASE official shutdown despite ASE still selling really good (Q4 2022 was best record sales ever for ARK) I cannot trust a company that kills a game that is sane and alive to force people buy an improved (? really despite better snap points I don't see improvements at all on current ARK issues) version to  save the ass of their publisher. There are many ways to keep alive servers of an mmo without subscriptions and they didn't try any of them.

Edited by darkradeon