Officials are way better then Legacy!!

captyarrr

@namelessthey ignore RMT that is outside of the game. You can't say ingame that you want to sell something for real money. Like saying ''WTS: Giga for 100$'' over the global chat can get you banned but everything outside of the ARK client is outside their reach. 

World of Warcraft has the same issues but they started suing all those gold/account sellers and even that didn't help. The big ones closed but tons of new ones just popped up. People sell over e-bay, facebook and everything you can talk to each other, it's crazy.

But I wouldn't exclude the possibility of Snail Games doing something fishy. Just looking at the current steam reviews and the heavy spike since November 2019, there was no addon, no huge update or anything but the game got over 33k+ positive reviews in just a few months. ARK has 220k Reviews in total and got 33k in just a few months with nothing happening...How can you exclude other scummy methods if they buy steam reviews? 

It boosted ARK out of the brown review into a blue ''positive'' shortly before the new addon....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@namelessthey ignore RMT that is outside of the game. You can't say ingame that you want to sell something for real money. Like saying ''WTS: Giga for 100$'' over the global chat can get you banned but everything outside of the ARK client is outside their reach. 

Is this just WC's unwillingness? I don't thing it is difficult to relate an external website to a player account.

8 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@nameless

It boosted ARK out of the brown review into a blue ''positive'' shortly before the new addon....

The review is one thing, but does any one know about the situation of the ARK's sale?

3 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Been a trader since early beta I've dealt with many chinese tribes.....their guidelines \rules on online gaming are completely  different...it's not against the rules in china....

Yeh. Its not against the rules on the free ark client they are playing on. Its separate to the game we have here.

4 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Yeh. Its not against the rules on the free ark client they are playing on. Its separate to the game we have here.

separate but playing on servers we play on? na same game same poop lol they still are playing the game lol just on official :D. i refuse to join official till the doors close on me :D but ya its the same game same client … infact TEA was a major income for a long time lol ...and just mentioning this tribe will most likely close this thread but hey yolo :D

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

separate but playing on servers we play on? na same game same poop lol they still are playing the game lol just on official :D. i refuse to join official till the doors close on me :D but ya its the same game same client … infact TEA was a major income for a long time lol ...and just mentioning this tribe will most likely close this thread but hey yolo :D

Nah if we are talking on same free ark client its separate client, servers and micro transactions.

41 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

The writing is on the wall for legacy. No point fooling yourself.

ive been hearing that almost 4 yrs... but numbers count ;) and wildcard atm needs these :D don't hate ? you moved too early lololol...  our pve clusters have hundreds of active players :D ur poopy official clusters are dying from performance issues lol wouldn't be wise to wipe us lol ...the official cluster couldn't handle us lololol and was stated in community crunch 135 that not all legacy will close... ty keep surviving ;)    

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

ive been hearing that almost 4 yrs... but numbers count ;) and wildcard atm needs these :D don't hate ? you moved too early lololol...  our pve clusters have hundreds of active players :D ur poopy official clusters are dying from performance issues lol wouldn't be wise to wipe us lol ...the official cluster couldn't handle us lololol and was stated in community crunch 135 that not all legacy will close... ty keep surviving ;)    

actually we got raided by a box tribe on pve and had years worth of work stolen, hence the move to official, which fits in well with the discussion of this thread. your emoji's are a little over the top.

Genesis part 1 took out pvp legacy, and part 2 will take out the rest of pve legacy. Have fun while it lasts because this time is different, and WC aren't swimming in money these days.

2 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

actually we got raided by a box tribe on pve and had years worth of work stolen, hence the move to official, which fits in well with the discussion of this thread. your emoji's are a little over the top.

Genesis part 1 took out pvp legacy, and part 2 will take out the rest of pve legacy. Have fun while it lasts because this time is different, and WC aren't swimming in money these days.

exactly they cant afford the loss either of players quitting because of this situation also lol we buy every dlc and to top it off our servers are the cheapest ran pve servers nothing but complaint tickets and crying from official lol in almost 14000 hrs I haven't placed 1 ticket lol a tribe mate did but myself see no need. u where wiped because u got careless 100% fact ...ppl are aholes build accordingly … ive never been wiped because I built as if my neighbor was my enemy lol which on legacy bud this is a reality ...my base on ext 915 is impossible to be raided by players . nothing can get through my defences .by that I mean no teleporters can be placed or be kited to me in any manor ..thnx to orp lol it sucks man I know but I believe wildcard will make the right decision and stick to what they have stated and not wipe all pve :) and i haven't seen a official statement from wildcard ever saying they where wiping all of legacy .have u? no lols only salty players that are hating life on official come to these forums to poop on legacy hahah

can we get a official statement maybe because a ton of legacy players are wasting time … and there has not been another statement saying different … no support= cheaper servers hint hint @Cedric I mean u can waste my time anytime cedric hehe but 14,000 hrs is a lot hahaha im just one guy lol my tribe of 10 or more quit and left game long ago lolz due to this matter ide hate to see arks population lessen even more haha

hell I still have my first pteradon laying around in cryo I toss him out from time to time lol brings back great memories lol killing alpha rex and whatever lol with him as a bob lol ...and the saves mean nothing to me lol if anyone has something to say about the saves can be used on my rented server or whatever lol I have no desire at all to play unofficial .

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

hell I still have my first pteradon laying around in cryo I toss him out from time to time lol brings back great memories lol killing alpha rex and whatever lol with him as a bob lol ...and the saves mean nothing to me lol if anyone has something to say about the saves can be used on my rented server or whatever lol I have no desire at all to play unofficial .

just a little suggestion: you may want to reduce the frequency of "lol"  and increase the frequency of periods or commas, it is very tiring to read...…( at least for me)

34 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

Same here. I played legacy until I am the only person left on the 5 servers I was on...….. I don't think there is any hardware difference in legacy or officials (at least until the Christmas update brought this lag 2 months ago) But I would rather have some lag with some other players than have no lag with no other players.

6 minutes ago, nameless said:

just a little suggestion: you may want to reduce the frequency of "lol"  and increase the frequency of periods or commas, it is very tiring to read...…( at least for me)

Same here. I played legacy until I am the only person left on the 5 servers I was on...….. I don't think there is any hardware difference in legacy or officials (at least until the Christmas update brought this lag 2 months ago) But I would rather have some lag with some other players than have no lag with no other players.

is it now im sorry I just find it funny.,., ill go hide in a corner I don't wanna be forum shamed for my grammar.i didn't get past the 9th grade so bare with me ;) plus one advantage of X in the top right corner of ur webpage allows for u to instantly not read anything I post ? love you...theres hundreds of players have a look :D 

13 minutes ago, nameless said:

this is just the top of the list in mid week …the weekend is way more active0561F8C15F4D111390E96CA0100488C9870BE7CB

16 minutes ago, nameless said:

yeah, there is no difference, theres a handful of north american official servers that are getting hit with box tribe fever or something, but the rest are fine. We just happened to have a base on one of the half dozen official servers that keeps crashing, but our other official servers are running smooth. The trolls on the forums equate that to meaning all official servers are suffering, which isn't true. There a also a lot of legacy players migrating, i've seen at least 2 dozen familiar names/faces from legacy so far, and thats just on a few official servers. I'd do like most of us and add the forum trolls to ignore list, they're not that bright.

2 minutes ago, nameless said:

um...… why cant I upload another picture.....

On mobile?it's alittle buggy

4 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

yeah, there is no difference, theres a handful of north american official servers that are getting hit with box tribe fever or something, but the rest are fine. We just happened to have a base on one of the half dozen official servers that keeps crashing, but our other official servers are running smooth. The trolls on the forums equate that to meaning all official servers are suffering, which isn't true. There a also a lot of legacy players migrating, i've seen at least 2 dozen familiar names/faces from legacy so far, and thats just on a few official servers. I'd do like most of us and add the forum trolls to ignore list, they're not that bright.

Lol if ur implications are referring to me being a forums troll I'll wear that badge proudly lol.,., And please ignore me lol less crying I can reply to .,.,., So enjoy official and keep surviving hehe ?

39 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

is it now im sorry I just find it funny.,., ill go hide in a corner I don't wanna be forum shamed for my grammar.i didn't get past the 9th grade so bare with me ;) plus one advantage of X in the top right corner of ur webpage allows for u to instantly not read anything I post ? love you...theres hundreds of players have a look :D 

I had a look

https://ibb.co/pfmB7wr

https://ibb.co/KWbqCz8

awww... it is a late response..... 

How exactly do I upload image?

5 minutes ago, nameless said:

I had a look

https://ibb.co/pfmB7wr

https://ibb.co/KWbqCz8

awww... it is a late response..... 

How exactly do I upload image?

I took a screenshot and uploaded to my steam profile then copied the link to that screenshot has a option to view online click the pic and a small window should appear copy paste that link .

38 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

Not to mention swordguy ;) don't underestimate the power of the internet...your steam profile is the same as ur forums profile calling ppl names and such isn't nice;) ppl may take offence and become ur neighbor one day hehehe .and from what I read the majority of official is plagued by these disconnects and horrible lag .I literally have a character on ur servers  they are trash compared to the legacy cluster .hello and good tidings from ultra instinct ;)

Its summer 2017. I have been already playing for a year and a half and already got some decent bloodlines. Even started my owns. I did my first bosses with them and Im thrilled to try alpha versions. Dont have much dinos, but they all have their own names and I love every single one of them.

Oh hey look, they are releasing the game officialy! Wait what, I cant take my dinos with me and they will delete these now-called legacy servers? Im not leaving my work and friends I made along the way behind. I will play till I can and then say a farewell when my server is going to be deleted. None of us is abandoning this ship.

This was 3 years ago. And Im still playing because they still didnt delete the legacy. And all I hear is whining from those who decided to jump over board and start again, leaving behind their work and friends. Lags, servers offline, duping, meshing, exploits, bugs, weaponized ticket system, pillars everywhere - those are the posts I see daily. In my 9k hours I have never experienced any of this. Maybe a little lag from time to time and a chinese tribe raiding on exti. Their lvl 135 characters are still locked up in an abandoned place with only a daeodon as their companion. And the legacy servers I play on are populated, with massive structures around (one tribe built a gigantic wooden church replica, the others built a replica of Helms Deep from lotr, another have a castle). The server isnt lagging at all.

So I tried to join those famous officials. First I couldnt even connect because I was getting constantly disconnected in loading screen. When I finally spawned and said "hello :)", I got this: "Jeesus christ another stupid beach bob with damn thatch hut, dont even think about settling here." Well, where? There were pillars all over the beaches in every direction. I had to go inland and found a not-so-safe spot near swamp. Every time I ran few meters I got rollbacked to the same spot, whole thing was a lagfest. The next day? Pillars blocking my thatch hut and a sign "go away".

Thank you so much for this official experience. Those who think all legacies will be deleted and are barking like rabid dogs on everyone who loves the legacy servers because you left them to start a new life and it turned out to be a salty official hell - go fill a ticket or something. This ship isnt sinking yet. It hasnt for 3 years and if it survives the genesis part 2 storm, it will survive anything.

I just had a conversation with a Chinese player.

The majority of all Chinese are actually duping servers because they do this in a joint effort. They are even being pushed into cooperation, or else their own group abandones them. With the duped stuff they make a market from wich you can buy for RL money. 

This is well known by WC, they can and may not interfere from the Chinese. That's an agreement they seem to have.

WildCard, I would like to have an official statement. Because if this is true, you guys are even way worse then I thought. You make us believe in your CoC and upholding it, but it seems like a big farce now.

So, can we please have a statement from Wildcard on this?

Archived