SgtWookie92

Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

Edited by SgtWookie92
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 2

90 replies to this server topic

If these were ever to become breedable they would have introduce particular mechanics to prevent players from easily mass breeding them. For instance, have it to where wyverns have to have particular conditions met in order for them to get into a breeding mood and in which the actual process of breeding is composed of a courtship ritual rather than simply cramming them into a tight space and enabling mating.

Actually listen to what your fans want.

Ever since the game suggestions page got an update I've seen so many good suggestions coming in, there are quite a few bad suggestions as well, but they are typically much further down the list due to their lack of votes. 

It's really nice to see wildcard responding to our suggestions via their community crunch, it's great to finally have some acknowledgement. 

That said, the reason nobody actually posted here before the page rework was because they knew you weren't going to actually take their advice. As each community crunch is released, I'm seeing more and more of the top ranking game suggestions get shut down by wildcard. If the suggestions are in the very top rank, there's a good chance that a lot of people feel strongly about them.

Even if you can't add the requested content exactly as it's suggested, at least consider a compromise to give your loyal fans what they are asking for, otherwise this page is just going to be a ghost town once again. 

Edited by FRM17
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:38 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

i like the idea of giving a bit more variety with a wyvern and griffin buff, but on the other hand, there is a reason why they are not breedable. With the wyvern it is quite understandable, why they are not breedable, because once you have a male and a female, you dont need to get them the more difficult way. But a saddle would be a good idea. 

But instead of buffing the Griffin and the Wyvern, nerfing the others would be a better solutions, before people are complaining, that wyverns are too strong and that griffins are too strong, and so on. You know how it is. 

Griffins are a standard tame. There is no reason that they should not be breedable other than mythical, yet owls overshadow them (and they technically are mythical creatures- they, in ARK's reiteration, do NOT EXIST!). Snakes should be added to this list too- why can't we breed them? You can breed hesperornis, and they have the golden eggs.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, MYTVY said:

I agree on griffins. Not rly wyverns/drakes though, but perhaps it could be a server setting for sp/unofficials! I do think wyverns and drakes should drop unfert eggs though and female wyverns should produce milk in their inventories, even if it's a small amount.

Wyverns could be breedable they would just have to make it that breeding would not effect the stats of a wyvern. They would just be breedable as is.  

Make Griffins Breedable

Please make Griffins breedable. They are seriously unusable in PvP at the minute and I'm sure the PvE guys would love an extra dino they can breed. 

A mana can freeze a griffin instantly due to its lack of imprint bonus unlike a wyvern and with their generally low stats in comparison to a leveled wyvern they just get destroyed by capped weapons which people now have in abundance on PvP.

Simply making them breedable will make it so the stat pools can be increased and a imprint buff will slow down a mana from 2 second freezing it. 

I recommend that they are a 4 day raise, making them longer than a PT but less than a Quetzal. 

You know it's the right thing to do WC. Be a hero. 

Edited by RyanIsMegatron

Nerf Manas, These made up creatures are by far the most power and break the meta. They swim under water like fish for Christ sake. How is it you make this tame the fastest, breedable, saddle enabled, freeze ray organic in the game yet wyverns don’t stand a chance in a fight. It’s bull in my opinion and destroying the diversity of the pvp gameplay. Please do something about this wildcard 

What!!!, do y’all even know about breeding and how it can get, a Lightning’s wyverns beam at just 400% damage destroys people in even the best sets or armor, just imagine something like 1000% damage they would literally kill everything and not to mention the stamina, like do y’all not remember wyverns before the start nerf?? And as for the griffons they would easily be able to get 20k hp by some of the big tribes

I would be in favour of this if it was not possible to mutate the stats, so it's still possible to mutate for colour but in a years time we don't end up with some 20k health 2k Stam 700 melee on hatch wyverns and 15k hp 1k Stam 600 melee Griffin's occupying the skies

Combining stats sure but mutatering no thanks

• Like 1

Let's add titanosaurs and leopluradon to the mix, maybe Bees and enforcers too, underneath that hard Tek armor of the enforcer lies a mutated kaprosuchus

Then let's add Coelacanth, Sabertooth Salmon, Pirahnas, Eurpterids and the horse shoe kabuto things to the list

i think adding breeding to griffins and wyverns might make them too powerful. yes there might be an argument that they should be to match Manas but imo let manas be a powerful problem. dont give us 2 other things to worry about XD. on the other hand your saddle suggestion is perfect this would help make griffins and wyverns much more viable (more for griffins given they cant even get the imprint buff) especially in the mana meta.

currently they get frozen and focused faaar to quickly given that the time to freeze on a manas beam is dependent on armor.

griffins are so useless outside of traveling with manas around. give them some love.

I love this suggestion and correct me if I'm wrong, but at the very least could we not do something along the lines of what the reaper king has? They get a 100 armor bonus rather than a saddle, so add the 30% dmg reduction to that from being fully imprinted and IMO it's much better than what a wyvern or griffin can get.