Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

Edited by SgtWookie92
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 3
  • Answers 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stag

I agree on griffins. Not rly wyverns/drakes though, but perhaps it could be a server setting for sp/unofficials! I do think wyverns and drakes should drop unfert eggs though and female wyverns should

i like the idea of giving a bit more variety with a wyvern and griffin buff, but on the other hand, there is a reason why they are not breedable. With the wyvern it is quite understandable, why they a

135 replies to this server topic

lets look at the facts, you nerfed the griffin so hardly that honestly i ditched it to go for the argent, and with the flyer nerf and you nerfing the crap out of wyverns making them reasonably weak, griffins should be breedable and have a saddle, wyverns should get a saddle and spawn in higher lvls, griffins are usless now and wyverns are crap compared to manas, i done a test i took on 30 wyverns with a max lvl mana with bout fifty lvls into it, i kicked their a** in a matter of minutes. and yes why make griffs breedable on mobile when the bigger game base is on pc and consoles.

I am PVPer
For PVE That sound like okey
For PVP that sound like a nightmare (there will be guys Breed them like poop (what they still do with manas atm which shouldn't be Breedable at all)
They are pretty good balanced they are both High Risk high Reward mounts

High Risk --> if you lose one you have to Retame / collect new eggs again
High Reward they can Flip a Battle pretty fast.

what is still completly Bullpoop is the Managarmr
No Risk and High Reward

The better a Dino is the more Difficult it should be too get it use it or what ever
Rock golem wird way to tame
Rock Drake Collect eggs (and many of them are bad eggs)
Basilisk (Eggs)
Reaper Impregnate
Griffin Retame
Wyvern getting Eggs
Giga long Baby time and uses much Meat

Mana
Easy Tame
easy Breed (just put them in a box)

DONT MAKE THEM BREEDABLE
It raptors up to much of the PVP aspect in one go

• Facepalm 1

I love this suggestion and correct me if I'm wrong, but at the very least could we not do something along the lines of what the reaper king has? They get a 100 armor bonus rather than a saddle, so add the 30% dmg reduction to that from being fully imprinted and IMO it's much better than what a wyvern or griffin can get. 

If these were ever to become breedable they would have introduce particular mechanics to prevent players from easily mass breeding them. For instance, have it to where wyverns have to have particular conditions met in order for them to get into a breeding mood and in which the actual process of breeding is composed of a courtship ritual rather than simply cramming them into a tight space and enabling mating.

Actually listen to what your fans want.

Ever since the game suggestions page got an update I've seen so many good suggestions coming in, there are quite a few bad suggestions as well, but they are typically much further down the list due to their lack of votes. 

It's really nice to see wildcard responding to our suggestions via their community crunch, it's great to finally have some acknowledgement. 

That said, the reason nobody actually posted here before the page rework was because they knew you weren't going to actually take their advice. As each community crunch is released, I'm seeing more and more of the top ranking game suggestions get shut down by wildcard. If the suggestions are in the very top rank, there's a good chance that a lot of people feel strongly about them.

Even if you can't add the requested content exactly as it's suggested, at least consider a compromise to give your loyal fans what they are asking for, otherwise this page is just going to be a ghost town once again. 

Edited by FRM17
  • Like 1
On 4/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, MYTVY said:

I agree on griffins. Not rly wyverns/drakes though, but perhaps it could be a server setting for sp/unofficials! I do think wyverns and drakes should drop unfert eggs though and female wyverns should produce milk in their inventories, even if it's a small amount.

Wyverns could be breedable they would just have to make it that breeding would not effect the stats of a wyvern. They would just be breedable as is.  

Make Griffins Breedable

Please make Griffins breedable. They are seriously unusable in PvP at the minute and I'm sure the PvE guys would love an extra dino they can breed. 

A mana can freeze a griffin instantly due to its lack of imprint bonus unlike a wyvern and with their generally low stats in comparison to a leveled wyvern they just get destroyed by capped weapons which people now have in abundance on PvP.

Simply making them breedable will make it so the stat pools can be increased and a imprint buff will slow down a mana from 2 second freezing it. 

I recommend that they are a 4 day raise, making them longer than a PT but less than a Quetzal. 

You know it's the right thing to do WC. Be a hero. 

Edited by RyanIsMegatron

Nerf Manas, These made up creatures are by far the most power and break the meta. They swim under water like fish for Christ sake. How is it you make this tame the fastest, breedable, saddle enabled, freeze ray organic in the game yet wyverns don’t stand a chance in a fight. It’s bull in my opinion and destroying the diversity of the pvp gameplay. Please do something about this wildcard 

Don't make exotic dinos breedable

One of the best aspects of Ark is the array of dinos in various colors and difficulty in obtaining them. This is arguably one of Ark's best features. If you make wyverns, griffons, drakes, golems, and all other exotic dinos breedable they lose there value significantly. Think about how often you see an event colored wyvern with high stats compared to an event giga with high stats. However an event wyvern is harder to obtain than an event giga because it can be bred. This lowers the value of gigas. There is no wow or shock effect in owning a great colored giga. However an event colored wyvern is regarded as a true trouphy because it is difficult to obtain. Everyone knows you must first get a good wyvern egg. Then you must get lucky in getting an event color at a particular time in the year. Finally you must successfully raise it. It is these factors that give it such marvel. If you can breed these over and over again then everyone would have them, thus reducing there value. Once a time ago wyverns were truely amazing to have because you could only get them on Ragnarok. Since Valgeuro they have diminished in value. This is the same thing. Please don't make these exotic dinos breedable. No griffons, wyverns, drakes, golems, reapers, etc. I truly  believe Wildcard would do a great disservice in making these dinos breedable. Collecting those dinos with awesome abilities and rarity is why I play, and I believe the same for others as well. Anyone agree?

I think tamed females should still produce milk and drop unfertilized eggs. This would make it a bit easier to raise more wyvs and also make extraordinary kibble. 

I think they are still strong enough and useful enough as it is so I don't think they should be able to breed, but having the milk and eggs available gives them a little buff in the usefulness department.

Griffins however I do think should be breedable. They are in mobile, why not make it possible on console and PC. Snow owls are pretty much just better griffins imo, they have the same dive mechanic, they got the crazy temp vision, and they can heal. They kinda outshine griffins which sucks because griffins are so damn cool. I think making them breedable so that their stats can improve and people can get crazy colors would make them more valuable. 

EDIT: I think having griffin saddles would be cool. I think they should still be rideable without the saddle, but maybe they could have special saddles only found in loot boxes. 

Edited by Charyzard

Surely we don't need to make griffins and wyverns breedable. We need to make manas unbreedable and reduce owls base HP slightly. Thats it.

Always think about how good a creature is compared to a foot player but not how good it is compared to other creatures. Its a way more effective method of balancing the game to compare everything to the foot players capabilities (including gunpower, grapples, z-flash etc.)

I think Wyverns should not be breedable, as this would do away with the game play of going and collecting the eggs for your self. I do believe to help people females should produce unfer eggs for kibble and small amounts of milk. Even if that milk is one bottle like every hour. This may cause a need for people to have more than one female.

On Griffins now I believe they should be breedable. This would make people more out to tame them and not just clone them.