Someone parked a gigantic mecha suit on my construction site.

Jemcrystal

Just parked it there.  And gave it a name that was insulting and aimed at me.   Basically calling me a land hog.  Because I started construction on a spot they wanted for themselves??  I don't understand.  Or do they think it's funny?  All I want to do is build castles, boats, and hatcheries and make friends.  Why would they park a Mecha Suit on my construction site?

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Just parked it there.  And gave it a name that was insulting and aimed at me.   Basically calling me a land hog.  Because I started construction on a spot they wanted for themselves??  I don't understand.  Or do they think it's funny?  All I want to do is build castles, boats, and hatcheries and make friends.  Why would they park a Mecha Suit on my construction site?

Probably a jealous land stealer, and you pretty much answered the question. Wait for a few days, if he continue to leave it there, either report him, or just wait for a random aggressive dino to come and bite it to bits and piece whenever they are on. Since Meks cannot function without a suit user at all unlike creatures, it shouldn't put up much of a fight while its by itself.

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

There's alot to this that depends on how you've been interacting with folks on the server and where you're building in relation to their own stuff.  Granted naming their Mek something insulting is pretty juvinile and it would've been better had they just said "hey, can you not build here because ____?".

At any rate, as long as you're not trying to literally take all the good building spots on the map for yourself, building in a new location generally shouldn't be a problem.  If he won't move the Mek after asking nicely, just lure a wild rex over and make it eat the thing.  It'll take a while but eventually it'll be out of your way.  You could also lure a Giga, but then you'd have to fix up the holes in your construction site once it was done since gigas damage all materials.

If you have started building there or not yust report  https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/categories/202563177-Report-Abuse

blocking players is not allowed and harrasement. for me didnt last longer then few days they deleted the building that was blocking my acces

dont lure anything, if you are in pve that would mean breaking rule of conduct and they can report you for that (if not in war.)

You are allowed to build anywhere in game, if they think you pillar to much they should report you but blocking acces to areas or bases is not allowed.

Servers tend to all have their own culture and established rules that the alpha tribes enforce, and when you work against what everyone else wants for the server, like say building on top of a metal node area, or blocking a beach and forcing other players to navigate through the forest, then you're going to get some angry players at your door step who will first ask you to build elsewhere, and if you refuse then they will continue to pressure you to move until you do. 

From what I gather, you are being sent a message to stop building where you are building, and its not because they are jerks, but because they perceive you as someone who doesn't care about the rest of the players on that server.

I'm not saying this is always the case, but when you play on a public server you cannot treat it like your own single player game where nobody else matters. If you can't get along with the alpha tribes of a server, then move to a new server. If that doesn't work and you keep running into players that don't like what you're doing, then the problem may be you.

Archived