Can a youtuber lie about ARK, 4 views?

ArianaGaming

Hello,

I got a message about the upcoming release of a leviathan promised by wc for July -18. Now wc promised the release on August -19 for console. And the moron continue to say that if you do not want to wait it is available on pc for a high cost pc.

I got upset since I wait for a client update to fix the current SP problem. So I follow all that I can, news not youtube, just to be able to play again.

And I do not do what youtubers tell, I make my own decisions.

Even modders can not promise something in Wild Cards name.

But this guy gets all the promises as a personal dream.

Is it ok or should we just avoid him?

What can we do?

/Ariana 

28 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Most Ark youtubers are clickbait extraordinaires. I saw a video pop onto my phones feed: "The end for Ark on Console!!" And it was some chick talking about S+ being delayed.. ugh. So stupid.

Still two mods promised by Wild Card. One Ragnarok and the other is S+, so it is true and not a false statement, just a question of when s+ can be crash free and in what form/parts.

Regards,

Ariana 

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Since a channels name here gives views. I do not promote.

I wanted to know if false claims to the community is ok? Click bait is ok but to state facts that is false in that ways?

/Ari

Unless it comes from Wildcard, don’t believe anyone who says they have the inside scope on Ark from a YouTuber. The Dragon Punk author replied to a Twitter post of mine a while back and said the Xbox One X would likely be the console that could handle the mod with the PS4 Pro being a strong possibility too.

Even if the mod was likely to come to consoles, how do you imagine both Microsoft and Sony could limit the content to their higher performance consoles whilst excluding the standard editions?

• Volunteer Moderator

Can a youtuber lie about ARK, 4 views?

Well yes, anyone can lie about anything, that's their right.

Generally I avoid all clickbait videos at all costs because they aren't good enough to attract a proper audience and also ignore videos where they blatantly lie about stuff. But whether you should avoid them yourself then only you can answer that question.

Ask yourself, DO YOU want to watch a channel where they lie about ARK? If the answer is no then you got your answer.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Unless it comes from Wildcard, don’t believe anyone who says they have the inside scope on Ark from a YouTuber. The Dragon Punk author replied to a Twitter post of mine a while back and said the Xbox One X would likely be the console that could handle the mod with the PS4 Pro being a strong possibility too.

Even if the mod was likely to come to consoles, how do you imagine both Microsoft and Sony could limit the content to their higher performance consoles whilst excluding the standard editions?

Yes it is one thing saying that a xbox x can handle a mod.

But that says nothing about a mod even likely to be ported to main ARK. It runs on mobile so it must be sooon on xb 360, see the error?

ARK is on mobile platforms and that is impressive.

Regards,

Ariana 

Just now, GP said:

Well yes, anyone can lie about anything, that's their right.

Generally I avoid all clickbait videos at all costs because they aren't good enough to attract a proper audience and also ignore videos where they blatantly lie about stuff. But whether you should avoid them yourself then only you can answer that question.

Ask yourself, DO YOU want to watch a channel where they lie about ARK? If the answer is no then you got your answer.

I agree still I got upset.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Then you have your answer. If they made you upset then i'm not sure why you would ask people if you should avoid them. You should know to avoid them because you got upset.

Well I think it is NOT ok to make news from no/bad reference. Clickbait is ok.

Clickbait that build on fantastic fantastically fantasy is another.

Guest DJRone89

Follow Anthomnia and check out his Ark story lore videos. That should bring you back some hope that there are still good Ark content creators out there. I think even the devs acknowledged one of his Aberration lore videos.

2 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I got a message about the upcoming release of a leviathan promised by wc for July -18. Now wc promised the release on August -19 for console. And the moron continue to say that if you do not want to wait it is available on pc for a high cost pc.

I got upset since I wait for a client update to fix the current SP problem. So I follow all that I can, news not youtube, just to be able to play again.

And I do not do what youtubers tell, I make my own decisions.

Even modders can not promise something in Wild Cards name.

But this guy gets all the promises as a personal dream.

Is it ok or should we just avoid him?

What can we do?

/Ariana 

You mean Thick Freedom? 

I'm pretty sure 99% of us know that 3/4 of what he says is pure clickbait and untrue...

I'm pretty sure the Leviathan is from a mod that was used to host a tournament or something like that. 

You can find it here:

www.tribeofgods.com

Guest DJRone89
6 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

You mean Thick Freedom? 

I'm pretty sure 99% of us know that 3/4 of what he says is pure clickbait and untrue...

I'm pretty sure the Leviathan is from a mod that was used to host a tournament or something like that. 

You can find it here:

www.tribeofgods.com

@invincibleqc mentioned thickbait earlier. At first I thought it was a typo for clickbait...

Just now, Paroxyde said:

You mean Thick Freedom? 

You can find it here:

www.tribeofgods.com

No it was not that youtuber. This youtuber said nothing about a mods name. He said that creature was promised by wc and that it was delayed. Since I follow what little news there is I know nothing was promised to get to main ARK creature wise. TLC2 was the last creatures to get new abilities. 

We got tek-creatures that was never promised. They just started to appear.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

No it was not that youtuber. This youtuber said nothing about a mods name. He said that creature was promised by wc and that it was delayed. Since I follow what little news there is I know nothing was promised to get to main ARK creature wise. TLC2 was the last creatures to get new abilities.

And can you put hand on heart and say 100% honestly that the youtuber knows that it is 100% a mod creature, or might they be confused because that Mod is one of the currently Sponsored Mods for ARK, and therefore the youtuber may be confused or completely unaware that it is not actually WC that is making that creature/mod. Or have you just assumed and accused the youtuber of lying?

2 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

We got tek-creatures that was never promised. They just started to appear.

I highly assumed this youtuber was very well unaware that this creature is a modded creature made by Dragonpunk and not part of Wildcard development whom have never promised anything about this, but the former did.

56 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I highly assumed this youtuber was very well unaware that this creature is a modded creature made by Dragonpunk and not part of Wildcard development whom have never promised anything about this, but the former did.

WC did promote the Dragonpunk tournament during which they revealed the Leviathan a few days before, I think? 

7 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

WC did promote the Dragonpunk tournament during which they revealed the Leviathan a few days before, I think? 

They did do that, yes but said creature is made by that very same developer group that made the tournament that WC promoted, not WC themselves
https://twitter.com/dragonpunkgame/status/864519698917900288?lang=en

https://twitter.com/dragonpunkgame/status/1006590745409548288?lang=en

Heres two twitter to prove it. WC didn't make the Leviathan. Dragonpunk did, and even if WC did showed it, its mostly a promotion much like their own Tournament.

• Volunteer Moderator

So basically a youtuber is unaware, or confused as to who has made the Leviathan, and therefore who has promised the Leviathan, and that resulted in someone getting upset and claiming the youtuber lied to get views.

I'm sorry @ArianaGaming but maybe you should not automatically think the worst of people and make accusations against them.

Archived