Jump to content

ARK: Extinction Release Date Revealed!


Recommended Posts

Looks as much like a starship/alien game/DLC to me as Aberration did, and I'm anything but a fan of the latter. I figured it'd be something like that but still hoped for a more "normal" map with actual dinos instead of TEK/alien monstrosities and really dislike the way it's going from primeval/dinosaur to Star Wars, but to each their own. I'll give it a try, always open for a pleasant surprise. Else I'll just stick with the normal maps, maybe it'll help with the cap at least.

To everyone who's complaining bout having to wait till Novemer: at least we got a date now. Unlike S+, which I was really looking forward to. Also, keep in mind it's going to be the last DLC. Noone knows what will be after that, or if there will be anything at all - ARK got so much worse after full release (at least from a PvE perspective), and "last DLC" sounds a bit like an ending. Nothing to look forward to really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i love how people complain that the release date is too far but if they rush it and it has bugs..they still complain..give them time it already looks fantastic let them make their game..

I can't wait, it looks awesome!  All the fixes and updates and patches and TLC passes this year have been great.  To have a new DLC that runs well, doesn't crash and is just amazing... takes time to g

Im personally gonna dislike all of the DLC until i see DLC with dinosaurs in it. Devs are trying to make a plot to this game which.. by part of community might be enjoyable, by other part not. I belon

I don't understand the complaints. 5 months for a standalone DLC that looks this good is a raptoring miracle. Go complain to Bethesda for waiting 10+ years to come out with ES6. Furthermore, if this has a legitimate story, npcs, quests, and a huge, dense world with lots of content and future updates and mods, what is there to complain about? Please, take my money.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Thats a true statement but mostly irrelevant. Mods allow players to change a game on their own to suite their tastes. People do this because they understand what the game is and know they have the option to change it . Instead of getting mad at the devs for developing the game how they want they do the work on their own and share it. If you want to completely change what the game has been and always will be feel free to use a mod or make your own mod. Your use of a mod isnt going to change the development of the core game. Thats basically the whole point of mods, to provide content you dont expect from the devs.

Not really my point but whatever.

In terms of Prim plus, it is an official mod released with the core game. For those of us that play on xbox and have no access to the mods that PC does, we can still play prim plus.

As for this game. When I first started playing this game, it was a survival game with dinosaurs. Aside from the implants and arks, there was no heavy futuristic sci fi feel to the game. That was the game I actually enjoyed. As they continued to develop it and changed the core fundamentals of the game into the heavily futuristic sci fi game it has become was when I started to lose interest. I still played mind you, but the game isn't as enjoyable for me now as it was when I was first playing it in preview (pre flier nerf)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quaggz said:

I don't understand the complaints. 5 months for a standalone DLC that looks this good is a raptoring miracle. Go complain to Bethesda for waiting 10+ years to come out with ES6. Furthermore, if this has a legitimate story, npcs, quests, and a huge, dense world with lots of content and future updates and mods, what is there to complain about? Please, take my money.

I would say the complaints are from the people that already have had their money taken, with the expectation they would be receiving extinction Spring 2018 (that was what was on the info for the season pass when I bought the season pass at least) To go from spring to mid fall kinda sucks when you paid for something expecting you would have it well before then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for this... but beyond confused why y'all would think a countdown for a trailer would be something anyone would be excited or happy about...
Do you just have terrible PR people? I love this game. bugs and all. though fixing the falling through the floor/world crap would make a massive difference. 
But on a real note. WHY do a countdown for THIS? absolutely stupid. getting people hyped up for something big and release a trailer for something that wont be out for a long time... 
Guys... Better idea. 
Release the trailer as a fun surprise without some countdown that involved freakin adds and all that crap. Release actual CONTENT with a countdown timer... That way you don't piss your buyers off... lol just sayin... I could seriously do a better PR job... 

Archaeology event should have been released WITH this trailer... not three days later... that was a stupid decision that rubs so many people wrong...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hardballer said:

It even shows in the cinematic after you defeat Rockwell....

Yes but with a name like EXTINCTION, it seemed legit to hope for EXTINCT creatures. It was a game focused on dinos at first and now it's focused on scifi, many dino-fans are now disappointed and feel like forgotten... The only thing still about dino in this trailer are the rex and giga, nothing new. That's why some of us are disappointed... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Yes but with a name like EXTINCTION, it seemed legit to hope for EXTINCT creatures. It was a game focused on dinos at first and now it's focused on scifi, many dino-fans are now disappointed and feel like forgotten... The only thing still about dino in this trailer are the rex and giga, nothing new. That's why some of us are disappointed... 

Extinction would actually suggest no creatures because of the extinction.

I get why people are disappointed that there are sci-fi and mystic creatures being added instead of dinosaurs, but still this was not 100% a dinosaur game from the start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 3:03 PM, GP said:

Extinction would actually suggest no creatures because of the extinction.

I get why people are disappointed that there are sci-fi and mystic creatures being added instead of dinosaurs, but still this was not 100% a dinosaur game from the start.

Some tek and dragons yes, but dino were the MAIN focus by far. And both aberration and extinction seems to forget them. Not against the scifi, just against the lack of new extinct creatures... 

Edited by DarkRaptor13
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dinovart said:

Main titan is basically Baragon from old Godzilla movies. Earth dominated by titans reminds both attack on titan (story-wise) and Godzilla:planet of monsters (creature-wise), with some elements from aliens and terminator. ARK becomes even mre interesting that ever. I hope oneday japaneese Godzilla will roam the Earth, maybe brought to life by modders. Anyway, I will ride the modded titans, like I always do with modded bosses, and these feeleings are unique for ARK, making it the first open-world game with artificail, yet functional and balanced ecosystem.

They'll be tamable in vanilla

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lerilye said:

I'm excited for this... but beyond confused why y'all would think a countdown for a trailer would be something anyone would be excited or happy about...
Do you just have terrible PR people? I love this game. bugs and all. though fixing the falling through the floor/world crap would make a massive difference. 
But on a real note. WHY do a countdown for THIS? absolutely stupid. getting people hyped up for something big and release a trailer for something that wont be out for a long time... 
Guys... Better idea. 
Release the trailer as a fun surprise without some countdown that involved freakin adds and all that crap. Release actual CONTENT with a countdown timer... That way you don't piss your buyers off... lol just sayin... I could seriously do a better PR job... 

Archaeology event should have been released WITH this trailer... not three days later... that was a stupid decision that rubs so many people wrong...

They did Aberration the same way you buffon

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

Not really my point but whatever.

In terms of Prim plus, it is an official mod released with the core game. For those of us that play on xbox and have no access to the mods that PC does, we can still play prim plus.

As for this game. When I first started playing this game, it was a survival game with dinosaurs. Aside from the implants and arks, there was no heavy futuristic sci fi feel to the game. That was the game I actually enjoyed. As they continued to develop it and changed the core fundamentals of the game into the heavily futuristic sci fi game it has become was when I started to lose interest. I still played mind you, but the game isn’t as enjoyable for me now as it was when I was first playing it in preview (pre flier nerf)

Well the problem with that is back then the game wasn’t finished, and didn’t have all the content. If you’ve ever watched/read any developer interviews, you’d know the sci-fi aspect was part of it from LITERALLY the beginning, before the game even started actual development (some of the first pieces of concept art were of what ARKs would look like floating in space, and the Overseer fight)

Since telling everyone this would be HUGE spoilers, they kept quiet and left the fancier stuff (tek and endgame stuff) for later when they had more programmers/budget, and quite obviously, the game was mostly complete. Generally you don’t add the final boss before you add the first boss. 

The general idea for where the story would take us probably has gone the same way from the beginning (except back then they weren’t sure what earth would look like, etc etc)

If you don’t like it and would rather play a game with just real dinosaurs and no sci-fi (that isn’t Primitive Plus) Saurian scratched that itch quite well for me. It’s still early in development (and is thus a little bare) but I still found it worth the price.

 

TLDR: Devs NEVER once promised this would be solely a dinosaur survival game, and if you feel entitled to how it was in Early Access, tough luck.

Edited by RowletAlex
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Yes but with a name like EXTINCTION, it seemed legit to hope for EXTINCT creatures. It was a game focused on dinos at first and now it's focused on scifi, many dino-fans are now disappointed and feel like forgotten... The only thing still about dino in this trailer are the rex and giga, nothing new. That's why some of us are disappointed...  

I'm not arguing with you.  Just saying that the ending shows pretty clearly that they are going to continue in this sci-fi direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many pple are pretty much played out by now.  So now for the next 5 months they have to what, log on every day to keep their gas collectors from poofing, to feed their dinos and keep their veggies fertilized?  That's not playing a game anymore, that's just tedious nonsense. 

If their DLC is only good to keep people busy for 3-6 months and only once a year they come up with something new, they should offer a game stasis mode so people can wait out the next dlc wihout forcing them to log on just to keep their gas collectors from decaying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lerilye said:

No poop. and I didn't agree with it then either. TERRIBLE PR MOVE. :P 

Whether for good or for ill most game developers have fairly extensive PR events connected with the reveal of a new expansion trailer.  Extensive advertising, interviews, dedicated streams, and big attention grabbing countdowns prior to a new trailers release are commonplace now... mostly because they are far from being "a terrible PR move".  Instead they generate a rather large amount of hype compared to simply tossing it out there and saying "oh yeah, by the way...", which is rather the whole point of advertising.

Edited by Ranger1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...