I ask you, to open the transfer of the Jerboa to aberration from other ma

RukiBazuki

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Phyrist said:

I have no idea if its related to the OP... But do Jerboa detect earthquakes on aberration the same way it detects sandstorms? EQs are technically a weather system (looking at the CE command)

No idea, I doubt the OP has tested it due to their conclusion being based on growing Otters. I mean it's possible they can detect the earthquakes which would make them pretty useful particularly if you are in a dangerous situation before the earthquake happens. But yeah the OP's reasons confuse me.

5 hours ago, Phyrist said:

I have no idea if its related to the OP... But do Jerboa detect earthquakes on aberration the same way it detects sandstorms? EQs are technically a weather system (looking at the CE command)

They do not notify you of an incoming earthquake. Even if it did, it's still not a very useful utility...particularly if you're the kind of person who carries around a crossbow loaded with a few grapple hooks. There is nothing the Jerboa can offer (outside of cute factor) on Aberration in comparison to the utility of other shoulder tames...and frankly, I don't think they're cuter than goats and a tongue-wagggling lightbulb doggo...subjectively.

Jerboas detects any weather changes within the desert which is mostly around both Scorched Earth and Ragnarok. If they can detect earthquake, might as well let them detect weather changes in non-desert map like Island and Center.

Truth be told, they are just for appearance sake in most server, because other than the stated map, they are utterly useless other than for space taking slot. Otters has its uses at least, but Jerboas? Not so.

If you are gonna respond later with "how they are needed because bla bla bla", then might as well let Yuty, because we need buffers

might as well let Giga, because we need OP guard

might as well let Pteranodron, because we need flyer.

Makes sense? Until WC decides, making suggestions like this is as good as allowing every other dino in "because reasons".

17 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I think hes going with otters are super cute, but because they are hard to breed, that the 2nd cutest(his opinion) is required for his furry companion lol.  Really tho, i keep rereading his op and laughing because it sounds so frigging random lol

LMAO. Cute =/= useful. Like I said, Jerboas are only ever useful in SE and Rag. I don't get it either why he would want a Jerboa in it and its seriously random.

Jerboa doesn't even provide light making it less then useless in the red and blue zones. It doesn't detect earthquakes, has terrible stats and, are they easier to breed than otters? Tons of fish on ab. I raised my reapers on fish. 

I wholeheartedly feel like this person is just posting to fill out the requirements to use the trade forums or is a troll.

29 minutes ago, Rhinenorr said:

Jerboa doesn't even provide light making it less then useless in the red and blue zones. It doesn't detect earthquakes, has terrible stats and, are they easier to breed than otters? Tons of fish on ab. I raised my reapers on fish. 

I wholeheartedly feel like this person is just posting to fill out the requirements to use the trade forums or is a troll.

Nah, he just wanted Jerboa for his own amusement and filling. And truth be told, if you bring a shoulder dino that does not resist the radiation effect over at irradiated area, its as good as dead, because when you release it down, its literally at 1HP with at least 1sec (more than enough to kill it) of radiation sickness regardless of how long you left it in your shoulder, otters included.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:01 PM, LouSpowells said:

They do not notify you of an incoming earthquake. Even if it did, it's still not a very useful utility...particularly if you're the kind of person who carries around a crossbow loaded with a few grapple hooks. There is nothing the Jerboa can offer (outside of cute factor) on Aberration in comparison to the utility of other shoulder tames...and frankly, I don't think they're cuter than goats and a tongue-wagggling lightbulb doggo...subjectively.

grapple hooks in AB?

Been playing Scorched since completing Aberration and other than early game I don't even use Jerboas on the map they are intended to be useful on - a tend in my shoulder vulture is more than enough to handle any unexpected weather changes.

On Aberration - as others have stated, even less useful as no EQ warning or radiation immunity.

Archived