• Volunteer Moderator

You all complaining that no-one has been banned, but at the same time you have no idea what the vulnerability/exploit was.

It could very well be a situation where someone has exploited the vulnerability and then 100's of others have inadvertently benefited from them doing so. And if many mega tribes have used the exploit then potentially 1000's upon 1000's may have benefited. Where do you draw the line on bans and responsibility.

I think the important thing here is that a clearly major vulnerability has finally been patched. Of course it's a mysterious one, but i'm sure news of what it was will come out as no-one will be able to exploit it anymore.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zederia said:

well, good. only good players who play by the rules should play

Completly agreed but they can't at this time. Ark is dying down and there are several new survivor games where you tame dino's and survive both PvE and PvP. Wild Card knows (or at least they should) that players are not happy whatsoever and have not been happy or satisfied with any of the updates since the flyer nerf. Mistake after mistake, patch after patch to fix things they have 'fixed'. Tribes are moving away from Ark to the other games, hence the fact they don't care about cheating. 

As for what Jat said about this 'fixing' the problem and that is it is airtight right now is not true either. I've already said this on when they introduced the upload timers and I'll say it again. A cheater will always be one step ahead of you, so instead of putting the whole playerbase at a disadvantage, target only the ones actually eploiting it. 

As for the exploit, I don't think anyone is going into detail on that matter on forum. 

2 minutes ago, Basso said:

well body bags were around but were only used recently, i also don't believe its undermeshing, duping hmm maybe but one that is around since 2015 ? the duping started with cross ark stuff.... that was 2016

good point. Well i am not really in the mega tribe scene so i can only guess. But i am happy over every cheating/exploit fix WC brings out.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

You all complaining that no-one has been banned, but at the same time you have no idea what the vulnerability/exploit was.

It could very well be a situation where someone has exploited the vulnerability and then 100's of others have inadvertently benefited from them doing so. And if many mega tribes have used the exploit then potentially 1000's upon 1000's may have benefited. Where do you draw the line on bans and responsibility.

I think the important thing here is that a clearly major vulnerability has finally been patched. Of course it's a mysterious one, but i'm sure news of what it was will come out as no-one will be able to exploit it anymore.

I don't care what the exploit was as much as I care about whether the fix will change any base game mechanics that affect everyone, exploiters and non-exploiters alike.  The water breeding fix messed with stasis across the board and caused food consumption issues that lead to dino death and that, too, was explained as a fix for something that existed from the start.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

Well, if you look at what is being downloaded - all the maps and and their sublevels, then it is not hard to imagine the scope of things that could have been patched.

7 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Completly agreed but they can't at this time. Ark is dying down and there are several new survivor games where you tame dino's and survive both PvE and PvP. Wild Card knows (or at least they should) that players are not happy whatsoever and have not been happy or satisfied with any of the updates since the flyer nerf. Mistake after mistake, patch after patch to fix things they have 'fixed'. Tribes are moving away from Ark to the other games, hence the fact they don't care about cheating. 

What suvival games in which you tame dinos are you talking about ? I know of  none for consoles ? The only dino game I am hyped for is Jurassic World Evolution and that isnt even a survival game lol

3 minutes ago, GP said:

And if many mega tribes have used the exploit then potentially 1000's upon 1000's may have benefited. Where do you draw the line on bans and responsibility.

Mega-tribes that used it should be wiped then, plain and simple. Cheating is not ok, and it doesn't matter what the cheat is. it is not a fair playing field anymore and it explains more and more how mega-tribes have been able to stay on top, they cheat to gain the advantages, and WC is not punishing them so they think it's ok. the next exploit they find they'll abuse and WC will do nothing again. Where do we draw the line?

3 minutes ago, GP said:

But that doesn't make sense tho GP.. If that many people have benefitted from it and the decision has been made to not ban anyone than the next first step is to have a global wipe of all servers. That also won't happen since people will be pissed (again) and quit ark (again). So it litterly is letting certain tribes benefit more than others from this exploit. that has to be re-balanced, either by upping the ones at the disadvantage or lowering the ones with the advantage. The third option is to balance every single one and wipe it all 

9 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

But that doesn't make sense tho GP.. If that many people have benefitted from it and the decision has been made to not ban anyone than the next first step is to have a global wipe of all servers. That also won't happen since people will be pissed (again) and quit ark (again). 

the should wipe them, make a week of like x6-x8 and start fresh, especially if they're still doing it on the supposed "cheat-free" official servers

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived