[Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

DarkstarRising

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. I probably should have worded that a little better.

Either way I still feel that the time that goes into stacking mutations for an endgame monster of a different species far outweighs a few extra days on the imprinting stage. Maybe you didn't spend the time building up the stats on your monster Rexes, Theris, or whatever, but someone did. And with a Giga you can completely skip that step and still have your endgame monster who not only competes with the Rex that someone spent months or years building up, but likely will outright beat it. Unless maybe he has a Tek saddle.

But it's just different paths to the top, and I suspect that we aren't going to see eye to eye on this. So unless a meaningful counter-argument is brought up I'm going to end our conversation here. Bye.

On 23/11/2017 at 12:33 PM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

93 armor saddle. 280 melee. Last night.

Saw a kentro, wanted to test rage function, I wanted to see reaction.

Dismounted, ran safe distance. Spyglassed kentro. Whistled Attack My Target.

Enraged first bite.

Some time back, I tested rocket launchers with a less armored aaddle. Took two.

Either kentros are OP for enraging gigas,(in which case I have a few ideas for kentros,) or gigas got rage "Balanced".

Now I am going to have to be a bit more careful.

The kentros have a thorns effect and if your giga hits hard enough it will instantly enrage.

21 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

Well maybe if you spent a little more time actually playing the game and a little less time bad-mouthing people around here you would have seen it for yourself.

I'm not bad mouthing you. I'm telling you that you were lying when you said:

20 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

A lot of people did permanently quit because of the flyer nerf, not nearly as many because of the giga nerfs.

...because data supporting that assertion doesn't exist. It didn't take me 3,784 hours of gameplay to figure that out. It was pretty clear even with 0 hours played you were just making stuff up that sounded good at the time. Mostly I just didn't want people to come along and take your stories as fact.

Your frustration with Wildcard over the ninja-giga change is perfectly justifiable without making things up about how many people have quit the game over it.

42 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm not bad mouthing you. I'm telling you that you were lying when you said:

...because data supporting that assertion doesn't exist. It didn't take me 3,784 hours of gameplay to figure that out. It was pretty clear even with 0 hours played you were just making stuff up that sounded good at the time. Mostly I just didn't want people to come along and take your stories as fact.

Your frustration with Wildcard over the ninja-giga change is perfectly justifiable without making things up about how many people have quit the game over it.

But the thing is I'm NOT lying and you ARE bad-mouthing me now by calling me a liar.  Btw I have over 4k hours played. I set my profile to private and frankly I'm surprised you didn't know that that automatically makes it show as playing Zero hours played to anyone who isn't a friend of mine in the profile when someone does that.

39 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

But the thing is I'm NOT lying and you ARE bad-mouthing me now by calling me a liar.  Btw I have over 4k hours played. I set my profile to private and frankly I'm surprised you didn't know that that automatically makes it show as playing Zero hours played to anyone who isn't a friend of mine in the profile when someone does that.

You stated, "A lot of people did permanently quit because of the flyer nerf, not nearly as many because of the giga nerfs." Data to quantify such an assertion does not exist. What else would you call someone who says they have information that they do not have? Tell me, and I'll use that word instead so you don't feel badmouthed.

And I wasn't suggesting that you have zero hours played. I said that I've played for 3,784 hours, but even with 0 hours played it would be obvious you were making stuff up. (If I had looked at your profile to check that, you'd see my name under "Recent profile visitors," along with the most recent time I had visited your profile just like I can see your name in mine. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't know that.)

At any rate, it's pretty clear this is going nowhere at this point, so that's where I'll leave it with you.

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

You stated, "A lot of people did permanently quit because of the flyer nerf, not nearly as many because of the giga nerfs." Data to quantify such an assertion does not exist. What else would you call someone who says they have information that they do not have? Tell me, and I'll use that word instead so you don't feel badmouthed.

And I wasn't suggesting that you have zero hours played. I said that I've played for 3,784 hours, but even with 0 hours played it would be obvious you were making stuff up. (If I had looked at your profile to check that, you'd see my name under "Recent profile visitors," along with the most recent time I had visited your profile just like I can see your name in mine. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't know that.)

At any rate, it's pretty clear this is going nowhere at this point, so that's where I'll leave it with you.

I know a lot of people personally that have permanently quit because of the flyer nerf. They no longer play with me or with anyone anymore so I find it absolutely incredulous that you think that you know I'm just "making it up" and that there needs to be some sort of official data out there written in stone declaring that a certain number of people officially quit because of the flyer nerf.  That being said I don't wish to argue with you any further about this. One suggestion for you in future dealings with people, and please don't take this the wrong way because I say it in all sincerity. You'll make more friends in life and be much happier if you don't go thru life thinking you know everything about everything. The likelihood that you're the smartest and wisest man on the planet are very slim and eventually you'll learn that a little humility is a good thing.

41 minutes ago, Z0mbie said:

I know a lot of people personally that have permanently quit because of the flyer nerf. They no longer play with me or with anyone anymore so I find it absolutely incredulous that you think that you know I'm just "making it up" and that there needs to be some sort of official data out there written in stone declaring that a certain number of people officially quit because of the flyer nerf.  That being said I don't wish to argue with you any further about this. One suggestion for you in future dealings with people, and please don't take this the wrong way because I say it in all sincerity. You'll make more friends in life and be much happier if you don't go thru life thinking you know everything about everything. The likelihood that you're the smartest and wisest man on the planet are very slim and eventually you'll learn that a little humility is a good thing.

You know what? No. I'm not going to post that.

As luck would have it, a player on my Island server spotted a 120 giga (dark gray up top, light gray belly) near his home. He claimed it as 15. I told him I'd help him kill it. We can't find it. I go home, and guess what's nearing my cabin? A giga in the color scheme he stated, but it is 120, not 15. I grab four dino gates and setup the trap, and get the giga into it before closing it. I then fired something like 61 shocking tranq darts at it. Knocked it out, tamed it since it was a 120. It awoke with over 300% damage and almost 18.5k health, but only around 4.1k food and 404 stamina.

So far it seems like a boss. I have not applied any points to level it and it chews through everything. It has been a while since I last had a giga, but this doesn't seem much different. What am I looking for that has been nerfed? He can chomp through anything, though I have not found a kentro to eat yet, since those seem to be the big issue here.

8 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

You do well ending the argument there or you're in for a headache. Every time I see Lou s/he's either promoting WC decisions or berating anyone who dares think WC are not the bee's knees. The tone is very often rude and trying to provoke, not to mention a complete refusal to listen to anyone of a differing opinion.

3 hours ago, Kimsie said:

You do well ending the argument there or you're in for a headache. Every time I see Lou s/he's either promoting WC decisions or berating anyone who dares think WC are not the bee's knees. The tone is very often rude and trying to provoke, not to mention a complete refusal to listen to anyone of a differing opinion.

If you're under the impression that I categorically promote Wildcard's decisions, then you clearly don't pay any attention to what I say. But at this point I'm getting very used to that around here. I've been a firm critic of MANY of Wildcard's decisions for literally years at this point, and I have made that clear in explanation and demonstration on more occasions than I can begin to count. Despite this, every time someone seems to disagree with something I say their token response is, "Whiteknight!!! You're just a stupid, rude whiteknight!!!"

For example, I've been plenty critical of Wildcard multiple times in this thread alone for the insane fact that three and a half weeks have gone by and they still have yet to tell us if this ninja change to Gigas was even intentional. It's unacceptable, especially from a company with a history of dismal communication that they repeatedly claim they are attempting to repair. I've made that point multiple times in multiple Ark forums, but the "Omg stupid whiteknight" accusations only get worse. At this point all I can do is ask you to objectively and genuinely ask yourself how long it would take for you to respond rudely to barrages of wildly inaccurate and confrontational posts such as "Every time I see Lou s/he's either promoting WC decisions or berating anyone who dares think WC are not the bee's knees." At some point, just like you've done in the post I've quoted, you're going to get snarky and/or rude as well.

I understand that being rude is unnecessary. I'm working on that, but keep in mind that it's nearly impossible to convey tone of voice and inflection in text. For example, I have taken great care in being as docile and non-confrontational in this post as I can, but going on pure statistics from the past few days I'm about to see someone quote it and tell me how much of a rude whiteknight I am in response. Yes, being rude for any reason isn't acceptable, but in all fairness it should be considered similarly unacceptable for folks to make constant attempts bait others into rudeness by repetitively mischaracterizing their statements and incessantly dismissing any point they attempt to make (whether it's kindness to or criticism of Wildcard) as fanboism. 

Once again, Wildcard needs to address the Giga issue, and it's beyond absurd that they've gone this long without even confirming whether it was intentional...but this debacle is in no way, shape, or form comparable to the utter catastrophe that was the flyer-rebalance revolt. Pick that apart and call it whiteknighting or rude...there's nothing I can do to change how you read what I have to say, but that's as clear as I can make my opinion on the matter.

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

If you're under the impression that I categorically promote Wildcard's decisions, then you clearly don't pay any attention to what I say. But at this point I'm getting very used to that around here. I've been a firm critic of MANY of Wildcard's decisions for literally years at this point, and I have made that clear in explanation and demonstration on more occasions than I can begin to count. Despite this, every time someone seems to disagree with something I say their token response is, "Whiteknight!!! You're just a stupid, rude whiteknight!!!"

For example, I've been plenty critical of Wildcard multiple times in this thread alone for the insane fact that three and a half weeks have gone by and they still have yet to tell us if this ninja change to Gigas was even intentional. It's unacceptable, especially from a company with a history of dismal communication that they repeatedly claim they are attempting to repair. I've made that point multiple times in multiple Ark forums, but the "Omg stupid whiteknight" accusations only get worse. At this point all I can do is ask you to objectively and genuinely ask yourself how long it would take for you to respond rudely to barrages of wildly inaccurate and confrontational posts such as "Every time I see Lou s/he's either promoting WC decisions or berating anyone who dares think WC are not the bee's knees." At some point, just like you've done in the post I've quoted, you're going to get snarky and/or rude as well.

I understand that being rude is unnecessary. I'm working on that, but keep in mind that it's nearly impossible to convey tone of voice and inflection in text. For example, I have taken great care in being as docile and non-confrontational in this post as I can, but going on pure statistics from the past few days I'm about to see someone quote it and tell me how much of a rude whiteknight I am in response. Yes, being rude for any reason isn't acceptable, but in all fairness it should be considered similarly unacceptable for folks to make constant attempts bait others into rudeness by repetitively mischaracterizing their statements and incessantly dismissing any point they attempt to make (whether it's kindness to or criticism of Wildcard) as fanboism. 

Once again, Wildcard needs to address the Giga issue, and it's beyond absurd that they've gone this long without even confirming whether it was intentional...but this debacle is in no way, shape, or form comparable to the utter catastrophe that was the flyer-rebalance revolt. Pick that apart and call it whiteknighting or rude...there's nothing I can do to change how you read what I have to say, but that's as clear as I can make my opinion on the matter.

For reasons that should be obvious from my previous post, I'm not interested in discussing with you. Nothing you can say trying to convince me will make any difference. You cleaning up your act and showing some respect will! Also, I wasn't talking to you :) I wish you a good day!

1 hour ago, Kimsie said:

For reasons that should be obvious from my previous post, I'm not interested in discussing with you. Nothing you can say trying to convince me will make any difference. You cleaning up your act and showing some respect will! Also, I wasn't talking to you :) I wish you a good day!

I responded to you calmly, civilly, and with a level of respect that you refused to afford me. I hope at one point you take the time read it.

8 hours ago, Xenithar said:

As luck would have it, a player on my Island server spotted a 120 giga (dark gray up top, light gray belly) near his home. He claimed it as 15. I told him I'd help him kill it. We can't find it. I go home, and guess what's nearing my cabin? A giga in the color scheme he stated, but it is 120, not 15. I grab four dino gates and setup the trap, and get the giga into it before closing it. I then fired something like 61 shocking tranq darts at it. Knocked it out, tamed it since it was a 120. It awoke with over 300% damage and almost 18.5k health, but only around 4.1k food and 404 stamina.

So far it seems like a boss. I have not applied any points to level it and it chews through everything. It has been a while since I last had a giga, but this doesn't seem much different. What am I looking for that has been nerfed? He can chomp through anything, though I have not found a kentro to eat yet, since those seem to be the big issue here.

As far as I understand it, the possible nerf (or unintended bug) is about the rage mechanic. As it would seem they rage a lot easier now than they used to (and as you probably know, the rage kicks you off your mount and it kills you)

On 11/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, HoganRyan01 said:

The Titanosaurus is meant to be extremely difficult to kill right? I think this change should stay. A single dinosaur shouldn't be able to waddle up and nibble on the titan a couple times and it falls over? It should take multiple dinosaurs, not just one!

I get the feeling you have no experience with gigas or titans other than being their meals.

• invincibleqc changed the title to [Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

Archived