Halloween Event?

hyde3378

12 hours ago, MoonyWoony said:

Than we got long nights just so their megalos even work properly and some coldness?

They seriously do need to permanently extend the duration of nights. Normally, day seems to last several times the length of night in Ark. Makes nocturnal creatures like the Megalosaurus and Troodons (although, Troodons are merely buffed by night, while Megalos are crippled by day) pretty useless most of the time.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Wildcard Community
50 minutes ago, Daedros said:

They seriously do need to permanently extend the duration of nights. Normally, day seems to last several times the length of night in Ark. Makes nocturnal creatures like the Megalosaurus and Troodons (although, Troodons are merely buffed by night, while Megalos are crippled by day) pretty useless most of the time.

Duration of the night was actually shortened a while back due to player feedback.

11 hours ago, Rancor said:

I think by now many people have expressed their disappointment with this years events. I am really trying to figure out what would of been the challenge of adding things like the candy corn shaped drops and a few headstones and pumpkins this year? No Halloween music or backsplash at the loading page either. 

As for the decorations is it because of the new Ragnarok map not having set places for the decorations to appear? I am at a loss here and confused as what the major difficulty was in saving this event a little :/

P.S. Not even going to get into the lack of a Dodorex. 

They said it was because they didn't have time to port it to the consoles basically. 

Unfair for pc users cause we already have it all.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:51 AM, Danouk said:

I would like to see the turkey try to take on my Gigas protecting my base. I have a high level one that I tamed at level 140 wild. It's 270 now. 

That wouldn't have been enough to stop one. They killed my Giga Killer pack last year. Contained 5 Level 280 Rexes, 10 Level 250~ Wyverns, and 10 Level 250 Mantises. I escaped with 3 of my Wyverns while everything else was eviscerated. The crazy thing is that this was on Unofficial, where tamed dinos were even stronger. The slaughter that the Officials went through was crazy. I think someone managed to kill a level 50 Turkey on Official, and it had almost half a million health. Your Gigas would just kill each other if they weren't eaten by the Turkey.

Ok this has to be said it's pretty unfair pc gets everything and consoles get cancer. How about throwing us a bone an sticking it the the PC's for once like Times four everything that would be epic. Just saying this event was by far the lamest ever for us on consoles server I'm on us over run with bats an arthos. At least give us a bus we can jump in front of...

15 minutes ago, Rhoades9687 said:

Ok this has to be said it's pretty unfair pc gets everything and consoles get cancer

The event was the same across all platforms, no?

OK, it wasn't "Fear Evolved" like previous years, it was just a token thing because they didn't have the time. But from what I saw, nobody was favoured?

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Rhoades9687 said:

Ok this has to be said it's pretty unfair pc gets everything and consoles get cancer. How about throwing us a bone an sticking it the the PC's for once like Times four everything that would be epic. Just saying this event was by far the lamest ever for us on consoles server I'm on us over run with bats an arthos. At least give us a bus we can jump in front of...

All platforms got the same content, there was no difference in the content between PC and console.

7 hours ago, Eli said:

Duration of the night was actually shortened a while back due to player feedback.

Yeah, god forbid that a survival game have scary nights. It's not like we have Torches (that can now be put on Saddles), Flashlights, Flares or Night-Vision Goggles or anything. Hell, i don't think most newer players even realize those exist, so short is the night. Even most veterans don't use them anymore.

When this game first released, the nights were terrifying. Really gave it that "survival" feel. Running through a field or forest at night with a torch out and constantly jumping at every silhouette at the edge of the light, wondering if it was a Raptor or a Carno coming to get you. The nights used to be dark and full of terrors. The only time you really even need a torch anymore, is if you're going into the Carnivore Caverns on Ragnarok, now that's dark. Don't bring a torch, and you're bound to bump into a sleeping Megalosaurus, there's a horde of them down there.

Just imagine all the people that are going to demand that the darkness get nerfed in Aberration.

1 minute ago, Daedros said:

Yeah, god forbid that a survival game have scary nights. It's not like we have Torches (that can now be put on Saddles), Flashlights, Flares or Night-Vision Goggles or anything. Hell, i don't think most newer players even realize those exist, so short is the night. Even most veterans don't use them anymore.

When this game first released, the nights were terrifying. Really gave it that "survival" feel. Running through a field or forest at night with a torch out and constantly jumping at every silhouette at the edge of the light, wondering if it was a Raptor or a Carno coming to get you. The nights used to be dark and full of terrors. The only time you really even need a torch anymore, is if you're going into the Carnivore Caverns on Ragnarok, now that's dark. Don't bring a torch, and you're bound to bump into a sleeping Megalosaurus, there's a horde of them down there.

Just imagine all the people that are going to demand that the darkness get nerfed in Aberration.

Found the pve player lol

11 minutes ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Found the pve player lol

Oh no, i play on PvP. It's always a tactical decision deciding whether to use a light source outside at night and grabbing attention with it. Night Vision Goggles and Tek Helmets don't give your position away though. You can use Flares to lure people in. But still, the amount of time those things are useful is pitifully short. The Megalosaurus is pretty much worthless outside of Kibble, by the time you get him anywhere, it's already day.

4 minutes ago, Supasuno said:
6 hours ago, Hakada said:
Oh and the bigger mammoth in the room will be the winter event, if it's anything like the 1st one it will be brutal.

As long as it doesn't evolve killer rabid bats everywhere and spiders that spawn Inside your buildings, I wouldn't give a poop

How about cold weather and blizzards literally everywhere you go on the island. Oh and the Argents spawn everywhere according to the 2015 winter event, and the winter event might be longer. 

Just now, Daedros said:

Oh no, i play on PvP. It's always a tactical decision deciding whether to use a light source outside at night and grabbing attention with it. Night Vision Goggles and Tek Helmets don't give your position away. You can use Flares to lure people in. But still, the amount of time those things are useful is pitifully short. The Megalosaurus is pretty much worthless outside of Kibble, by the time you get him anywhere, it's already day.

Ok, i getcha now. But i think the majority of the problem with the event at least(Lingering 15 hours after it was supposed to end) is the OP bats, centipedes spawning all over the place. If youre in a position to craft tek/ nv goggles i can see it not mattering, but the majority aren't.

And i agree about megalosaurus getting indirectly nerfed, i think they should have full glowy eyes until full-on high noon, and beginning at the first sight of dusk. Basically only being useless  from like 10:00 or 12:00 to 18:00 ingame. Might not go with the "lore" but who cares.

3 minutes ago, CaptoBraunch said:

And i agree about megalosaurus getting indirectly nerfed, i think they should have full glowy eyes until full-on high noon, and beginning at the first sight of dusk. Basically only being useless  from like 10:00 or 12:00 to 18:00 ingame. Might not go with the "lore" but who cares.

Hell, i don't think they should even have glowing eyes unless they're within the range of a light source (torch, flashlight, flare, lampposts, etc). Nocturnal animal's eyes only glow when hit with light. That way, the Megalosaurus would be able to ambush people at night without his glowing eyes giving away his position, unless said person is using a light source. There's already a mechanic where light sources can affect certain creatures, such as Troodons being afraid of light (such as from a torch) at night. Also, make the Megalosaurus give constant night vision to his rider, like as in Shadow Steak Saute night vision.

I'd love to be able to stalk people at night while on the back of a Megalosaurus, but currently A) the night is too short, B) Megalosaurus' eye glow gives his position away, and C) need to wear Night-Vision Goggles, Tek Helm or munch Shadow Steak Saute constantly to avoid giving away your own position.

6 hours ago, TheHellishCat said:

That wouldn't have been enough to stop one. They killed my Giga Killer pack last year. Contained 5 Level 280 Rexes, 10 Level 250~ Wyverns, and 10 Level 250 Mantises. I escaped with 3 of my Wyverns while everything else was eviscerated. The crazy thing is that this was on Unofficial, where tamed dinos were even stronger. The slaughter that the Officials went through was crazy. I think someone managed to kill a level 50 Turkey on Official, and it had almost half a million health. Your Gigas would just kill each other if they weren't eaten by the Turkey.

They must have buffed tem last year, first year the only way to kill them effectively was by hand with a pike. Dinos did less damage then the pike :P 

Yeah seriously, event as a beta patch was a stupid idea. It was a hassle to enable it, now it's a hassle to disable it.

My cluster will not opt into any beta patch events anymore after this. All the hassle for pretty much nothing. All players on my unofficial cluster hated the event. I got questions like: Why is their only crap in the drops.

Archived