v271.0 Boss Changes-What's the damage?

Vrallox

2 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

From what I can gather you either need to use the super OP Dinos only available on legacy at the moment (and may never be available on officials because exploits were used to create some of them) or you need to go to a dedicated server where admins spawn stuff in. No one has done it on the new cluster yet.

Even so on official would you have enough time to slap it when lands? Bosses are broke plain and simple.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

From what I can gather you either need to use the super OP Dinos only available on legacy at the moment (and may never be available on officials because exploits were used to create some of them) or you need to go to a dedicated server where admins spawn stuff in. No one has done it on the new cluster yet.

Ok. to make it easier for ya. we killed gamma Dragon on the new Clusters, only to do tekcave on gamma. Maybe ill do a video of harder Diff... But it takes still a bit of time to get the right mutations. And thats the only thing that makes the fight hard... massive amount of Time!!!!! i posted before what you need for beta and Alpha Dragon. if you havent read it, its not my Problem.
Again. What makes the Dragon so annoying. That broken not scaling breathattack and wildcards only way to adjust the fights, tuning bossHP up.

1 minute ago, Ugodzilla said:

Ok. to make it easier for ya. we killed gamma Dragon on the new Clusters, only to do tekcave on gamma. Maybe ill do a video of harder Diff... But it takes still a bit of time to get the right mutations. And thats the only thing that makes the fight hard... massive amount of Time!!!!! i posted before what you need for beta and Alpha Dragon. if you havent read it, its not my Problem.
Again. What makes the Dragon so annoying. That broken not scaling breathattack and wildcards only way to adjust the fights, tuning bossHP up.

Congrats! I look forward to watching those videos. Please post them when you do.

6 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

So how do you deal with it constantly flying away? The last time we did alpha on the island on legacy we had max armor saddles, at least 30k health and 1k melee on all 19 rexes (did not have pigs to heal) and still a few rexes did not make it since it took us 4 times to pin it.

35 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

So how do you deal with it constantly flying away? The last time we did alpha on the island on legacy we had max armor saddles, at least 30k health and 1k melee on all 19 rexes (did not have pigs to heal) and still a few rexes did not make it since it took us 4 times to pin it.

I'm sure the guy will respond with the same answer, but I wanna say this anyway.

Cuz the dragon LANDS more now. Even people on officials i wll tell you that. I even think the dragon alpha itself has a pattern to him (althoguh this needs more testing, testing I do not want to do, cause youv'e wasted my time enough as is). But don't take my word for it. I'm sure ugodzilla will tell you to same, so ignore anything before this.

But since you pulled me back into the limelight (yup I know you were talking about me), time to reeducate you...

You completely ignored one of my posts in which I explained that in my SECOND test, i did NOT spawn in the team I used for the bosses, and instead I bred them. Should it MATTER how quickly I did it? According to you it should...even though in the end, it has NOTHING to do with the actual boss fight or the stats of the creatures used in it. Heck I bet I could alter my second server, make it the island, Difficutly 5, make sure singleplayer is off, make sure all the stat multipliers, breeding, everything be set to 1, take months to tame, breed up an army, grind for the items needed, go do the boss, BEAT it, all with video proof...and you'd STILL say it's not do-able on official.

You think I am unaware of how a vanilla server is played? Without cheat codes? Where do you think I played before I tried unofficials? And even then where do you think I played BEFORE I got my own server? I played 80% of my Ark on servers where i did NOT have access to console commands thank you very much. I am HEAVILY aware of the grindfest that exists on officials. If your'e goign to sit here and tell me that there's a risk to having a GOAL in Ark, then you probably shouldn't even be playing. I'm aware that you have better thigns ot do in Ark then set a goal and RISK failure...heaven forbid the entire game isn't like that. Oh wait...it is.

We people who spent MORE MONEY to get our own servers took TIME to do these tests for you official people and any others interested, in hopes maybe we could give at least some sort of bar for you to aim for and try yourself. Time is a precious commodity to you isn't it? And even after doing so...after we gave you the perfectly do-able stats of our team and do-able weapons with a do-able team that's all do-able on official AND WAS CONFIRMED BY SAID OFFICIAL PLAYERS...you are goign to say we produced results that aren't acheive-able on official. THAT'S what gets my goat enough to where I was getting pretty dang annoyed at you for your ungratefulness.

And to top all off, now you are demanding it be done on the NEW servers...what is legacy servers now not 'official' enough for you? Time really must not be on your side then...of COURSE people on the new clusters might not be able to do it! But in TIME...gosh I am just cringing right now.

We gave you goals to try...free of charge to you and at the cost of our own SERVERS for a short time. Your WELCOME.

I'm done.

Its  the Same as manticore. Its Targeting is a Prob. Most People Start to spread out, become  hasty, being afraid to lose Stuff. You have to Stay together. The only dangerous Thing about the Dragon is his Breath. If you  give him to many  targets in  different areas of the Arena, it Starts to Fly around. You must avoid that. You have to See your Tames as Bullets. You will use/lose many of em. And do it with max 3 Players. Imprinting buff does not help against the Breath 

And fu German autocorrection ?

23 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I'm sure the guy will respond with the same answer, but I wanna say this anyway.

Cuz the dragon LANDS more now. Even people on officials i wll tell you that. I even think the dragon alpha itself has a pattern to him (althoguh this needs more testing, testing I do not want to do, cause youv'e wasted my time enough as is). But don't take my word for it. I'm sure ugodzilla will tell you to same, so ignore anything before this.

But since you pulled me back into the limelight (yup I know you were talking about me), time to reeducate you...

You completely ignored one of my posts in which I explained that in my SECOND test, i did NOT spawn in the team I used for the bosses, and instead I bred them. Should it MATTER how quickly I did it? According to you it should...even though in the end, it has NOTHING to do with the actual boss fight or the stats of the creatures used in it. Heck I bet I could alter my second server, make it the island, Difficutly 5, make sure singleplayer is off, make sure all the stat multipliers, breeding, everything be set to 1, take months to tame, breed up an army, grind for the items needed, go do the boss, BEAT it, all with video proof...and you'd STILL say it's not do-able on official.

You think I am unaware of how a vanilla server is played? Without cheat codes? Where do you think I played before I tried unofficials? And even then where do you think I played BEFORE I got my own server? I played 80% of my Ark on servers where i did NOT have access to console commands thank you very much. I am HEAVILY aware of the grindfest that exists on officials. If your'e goign to sit here and tell me that there's a risk to having a GOAL in Ark, then you probably shouldn't even be playing. I'm aware that you have better thigns ot do in Ark then set a goal and RISK failure...heaven forbid the entire game isn't like that. Oh wait...it is.

We people who spent MORE MONEY to get our own servers took TIME to do these tests for you official people and any others interested, in hopes maybe we could give at least some sort of bar for you to aim for and try yourself. Time is a precious commodity to you isn't it? And even after doing so...after we gave you the perfectly do-able stats of our team and do-able weapons with a do-able team that's all do-able on official AND WAS CONFIRMED BY SAID OFFICIAL PLAYERS...you are goign to say we produced results that aren't acheive-able on official. THAT'S what gets my goat enough to where I was getting pretty dang annoyed at you for your ungratefulness.

And to top all off, now you are demanding it be done on the NEW servers...what is legacy servers now not 'official' enough for you? Time really must not be on your side then...of COURSE people on the new clusters might not be able to do it! But in TIME...gosh I am just cringing right now.

We gave you goals to try...free of charge to you and at the cost of our own SERVERS for a short time. Your WELCOME.

I'm done.

Wow, I really have no idea what you are saying here. Thank you for the info on the dragon, though.

You were just both so butt hurt over people who had legit concerns (which really is quite normal for you) and I was just trying to help you understand where they were coming from. They (and I) were not attacking you personally, just saying something about the officials may be different from the simulations you ran. Not that it was different, but that it could be different. I did not say it was not doable... I, in fact, said I thought it could be done in the manner you described. I was just conveying that people are not perfect and there was a possibility of you being wrong because a setting was accidentally wrong or because there was an error in the coding that made something different in your simulation.

People figure out things in single player or on their own servers all the time... then people on official servers prove it can be don't there or they fail miserably because there was something wrong with the simulation. I am just saying it is not a 100% done deal until someone does it on official... maybe only a 99.9999% done deal.

27 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

Its  the Same as manticore. Its Targeting is a Prob. Most People Start to spread out, become  hasty, being afraid to lose Stuff. You have to Stay together. The only dangerous Thing about the Dragon is his Breath. If you  give him to many  targets in  different areas of the Arena, it Starts to Fly around. You must avoid that. You have to See your Tames as Bullets. You will use/lose many of em. And do it with max 3 Players. Imprinting buff does not help against the Breath 

Good information. Thank You.

26 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

They (and I) were not attacking you personally, just saying something about the officials may be different from the simulations you ran.

If it was really that simple, this thread wouldn't have 11 pages by now.

MAY be different...how? Can you prove it? Can you prove that this vague 'something' exists? Or are you just having a vague doubt because you feel like it and felt the fact it was done on an unofficial server was enough of a (still baseless and even proven wrong) excuse to stand behind your doubts?

Usually I'm fine with people questioning me or my findings. What I DON'T like is when they do it with baseless 'guesses' and not facts, and then PERSIST with teh same dumb excuses. That's like if you came up to me and said 'Hey I've successfully climbed a mountain!' and then I come to you and say 'No you didn't, because you didn't climb the mountain near my city, so climb that one and THEN I'll believe it can be done'

Don't you see how baseless and silly that is? Not to mention ti shows you have heavy trust issues. Understandable if you play PVP official ARK.

Anyway, I assume the only way you'll start believing that the dragon alpha can be defeated without pinning, is to either do it yourself, or someone on officials posts a video on how they did. correct? No amount of 'tests' on unofficials will convince you, just because you have no trust that unofficials are accurate? (as baseless as that info is...I still want proof that unofficials are different. That one wiki article was not only outdated but it also was for Xbox anyway).

59 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

Thanks for the chuckle for that last part. I needed it.

Maybe the health isn't as important from the imprinting thanks to that stupid breath, but wouldn't the slight bit of extra melee be worth it? It's not a lot sure, especially if the tames are unridden (and they are for boss fights as we all know), but hey, it's one more thing to help the tames get to a favorable melee standing. More melee the better.

2 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

There are some good theories available in this thread... worth a read, but to my knowledge they have not yet been done successfully on the new cluster.

We did Rangarok arena gamma on official new cluster. We used rexes, pigs and yutryants. Dragon is easy, manticore we shot at using 180% fab pistols

23 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Thanks for the chuckle for that last part. I needed it.

Maybe the health isn't as important from the imprinting thanks to that stupid breath, but wouldn't the slight bit of extra melee be worth it? It's not a lot sure, especially if the tames are unridden (and they are for boss fights as we all know), but hey, it's one more thing to help the tames get to a favorable melee standing. More melee the better.

Might the speed from imprinting be enough to dodge some fireballs?

(whistle "go there")

4 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I can be very childish at times. :P

Two wrongs may not make a right, but two Wrights can make an airplane.

That was not an assumption... they have talked about it several times since I have been on the forums. I played single player with official settings for a long time, but my son kept dying when he would reach the end of the tether so we bought another xbox and started playing official. I like to be able to play with people from all over the world. This has truly been an amazing experience for me. My son, however, left official servers for his friend's instant tek tier servers where 1 hit on a rock gets you 10k stone and a dino tames instantly... seems to like it much better, but quit playing a when I was not there to build his base for him.

Until you spoke up today I had no idea any dedicated servers were more difficult. All you see everywhere is "free starter package with 800x gathering blah blah blah." Good for you. In my opinion the xp is about right, but gathering should be 3X and taming and breeding 2X... but I don't run official servers and have no desire to host my own servers... so I play on officials so I get to talk to and trade with people from everywhere.

See dude, I knew the way you spoke there was a smart & reasonably intelligent person there the whole time!

Nice Wright Brothers Joke... I hate that family, they own too much... Disclaimer, one of them stole my wife!!!!!!!!! ;) 

Your son doesn't want to do the boring building, breeding, farms & grinding???? Let me guess, he's happy to tame 400000000 million of the latest Dino released for no reason at all other then it's new and cool! Sound like I know what you speak of???

I could give you custom settings that create a server where you can do every single stupid impulse a child has, and still find the game soooo difficult you can't wait to leave work and get your ass handed to you after the boy goes to bed... Cause that's what I do. Wanna server that makes Dark Souls look like a joke????? I suggest you start with my Minecraft servers... You can't handle my idea of ARK! ;)

4 hours ago, Ugodzilla said:

How often shall i tell you. We killed every raptoring Boss on any difficulty on official. You must be trolling here, admitting its not possible to breed 30k hp 600 melee Tames in 4 weeks. That are the stats that kill all Island Bosses besides dragon and manticore on any difficulty. Also enough for Alpha Guardians on Rag.

Ugod.... I get the appeal to play official, but why you keep caring about those you play with on them not accepting your experience??? Surely on official you have grown used to that and have learned to see it coming! Thank you for being the #officialoritdidn'thappen crowd that pointed out the suggestions were valid though! 

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Are you suggesting there's a difference?

I am God, shut up! I know all the things!!!! Yes the difference is the new clusters don't have an impending date of obsolescence! 

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh god youve said it now, now we get another 10 pages/ 7days out of this thread.

Ummmm.... Yes, past behavior is great indication of future habits!

3 hours ago, Ugodzilla said:

Are you serious? Or just another Troll like NathanAndDaddy? Cant tell anymore who is serious and who not xD

Dude, N&D isn't a troll, just a young guy who's a little busy and still speaks out of turn some times. I could be wrong, but based on my hiring practices in past, I'd take the risk.

3 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Oh dude, some Alpha tribes on official posted videos on Rag doing it first week!

3 hours ago, Ulta said:

I'm done.

Ulta, you are a valued member of this community, and I have yet to see you speak out of turn.... I can't even say that for myself! So for those that can not or don't realize it.... THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!! 

The rest of you all that have anything to say, suck it, bring it, I'll pay for you to say it to my face! ;) 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

On paper, yes, but not in practice. You're better off letting them tank the hit and continue doing as much damage as possible.

Ahhh, Lou, some of us understand that this game, like many others is just an accounting spreadsheet.... I love when people like you point out I'm not the only one. ;)

Don't really agree on soaking the fireballs though.
They hurt :/
I usually send my dino's to the other side when he spits the fireballs, having always to look up for it.

@Ulta : I'm just mentally blocking out the repeating whining. We've demonstrated the kills are possible, we've had suffiicent affirmation that it's a legit new strategy. If people don't want to use it and instead keep banging their head against the wall, then so be it. We can only show the path, not force them to walk it.
I'll be happy to go for my ascension attempt next week and see how our chickens perform against the overseer.

12 hours ago, Ulta said:

If it was really that simple, this thread wouldn't have 11 pages by now.

MAY be different...how? Can you prove it? Can you prove that this vague 'something' exists? Or are you just having a vague doubt because you feel like it and felt the fact it was done on an unofficial server was enough of a (still baseless and even proven wrong) excuse to stand behind your doubts?

Usually I'm fine with people questioning me or my findings. What I DON'T like is when they do it with baseless 'guesses' and not facts, and then PERSIST with teh same dumb excuses. That's like if you came up to me and said 'Hey I've successfully climbed a mountain!' and then I come to you and say 'No you didn't, because you didn't climb the mountain near my city, so climb that one and THEN I'll believe it can be done'

Don't you see how baseless and silly that is? Not to mention ti shows you have heavy trust issues. Understandable if you play PVP official ARK.

Anyway, I assume the only way you'll start believing that the dragon alpha can be defeated without pinning, is to either do it yourself, or someone on officials posts a video on how they did. correct? No amount of 'tests' on unofficials will convince you, just because you have no trust that unofficials are accurate? (as baseless as that info is...I still want proof that unofficials are different. That one wiki article was not only outdated but it also was for Xbox anyway).

Can you prove it isn't? That is a silly argument. Only by doing it on an official server can it be proven one way or another. If the mountain you climbed was in Kansas I would be a little skeptical of you being able to repeat your success in the Rockies. Anyway, I am off to prove you right... hopefully you are. I think it is worth the risk.

2 hours ago, 2MuchForyou said:

Try  2 pigs for heal and 18 rexs with 30k hp and 1k500 melee "base stats is 20k hp and 600 melee"saddle 100 armod" "

20k hp and 600 melee base on rexes is insane.. its technically possible if your talking their 100% imprinted stats, and you have 20 mutations in health and 10 or so in melee... and started with unicorn grade base stat of 51 points in HP... but it shouldn't take something that ridiculous to beat a boss..

3 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Can you prove it isn't? That is a silly argument. Only by doing it on an official server can it be proven one way or another. 

Yet again, it's in your best interests to avoid drawing conclusions until you know what you're talking about. If the difficulty is set to 5 and there are no .ini modifications, there is no difference in stats or per-level stat gains between dinos in official and dinos in unofficial. Once again, the only difference is how long it takes to tame or breed them.

Those who've posted videos have clearly stated their settings do not modify dino stat mechanics. If you want to assume that they are all liars, that's a problem you'll need to work out with yourself. Projecting an inherent distrust on others and expecting them to satisfy the cynicism is an exercise in futility. All boss fights are beatable with a difficulty of 5 on unofficial, which means they are beatable on official because it's literally the same thing with the same mechanics. End of story. 

Ulta and other testors,

Thanks for the time you guys put in, the testing, and the ideas  for defeating the gamma/alpha bosses.  You can bet my cluster will be using your testing.

Don't worry about the unofficial/official arguments.  It appears to me that these arguments are being presented for developers benefit, doing nothing more than trying to get the bosses nerfed.

Again, thanks for your testing and walk-thrus.  I've already started taming/breeding according to your testing.

Ev1 here has the ability to play on official and unofficial servers.  If official is too grindy or too difficult, then every player has the options that WC has made for all of us.  These options are what has increased my interests, to the point that I pay for a cluster myself, and keeps me playing.

Personally, I'm glad we've set up The Island as a leveling/easier server with increasing difficulty on our other servers.  But most on my servers players come from SWG (MMORPG) and we equate The Island server to what Naboo was in SWG, a place to start /level and the others as "adventure planets" with increased rewards.  I doubt if I, and most others on my servers, would be buying/playing ARK if WC hadn't given us the option to do just that.  In my estimation, WC has done a great job of being inclusive of every type of player.

• Jerryn locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived