Did we get Legacy Aberration Server?

Jackyling

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Jackyling said:

Title says all...Will we get Legacy Server(s) for that DLC?

or how does it work? maybe nothing can be transferd  ...

would be nice to know :)

greetz 

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

This was mentioned in the state of the game in news section.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

This was mentioned in the state of the game in news section.

Ah, must overread that :)  thy

Even if they do, would you trust servers on Legacy to function properly? Just look at all the problems that PC Ragnarok servers have had from release, and many are STILL experiencing problems, like Ragnarok 13 being down for 3+ days now, constant high lag on the EU Rag servers, etc. It's fine if they want to advertise a DLC, but they need to hold off on any release until they can get their current servers functioning properly before they release yet more servers that will likely have issues.

• 2 months later...

From my perspective, they should keep it simple and tell people that if they want to play the new content they need to play on new servers. Then maybe all the toxic holdovers will finally put their money where their mouth is with that incessant "I've lost faith in the game" histrionics and quit for good. #unpopularopinion

43 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Why does legacy still exist? I bailed on dozens and dozens of bred dinos including tek gear and what not. If your still on legacy you might as well be playing an unofficial.

Some of us value our hard work and long nights enough to stay. 

Some of us play on servers with 30-40 people on at a time still. 

5 hours ago, Kallor said:

Wake up and face reality, Legacy is dead, it's just waiting for the official execution date.

It is far from dead. A number of legacy servers still have a large active population and still reach over 30 players at a time. Granted there are some servers that have little to no population or unique ips, however to make a statement as such in regards to all of legacy, is justifiably incorrect.

On 11/25/2017 at 3:49 AM, Kallor said:

Wake up and face reality, Legacy is dead, it's just waiting for the official execution date.

I was awake when when they announced it, but my tribe mates were to stubborn to abandon & reboot, but they were also right to let others enjoy the new servers bugs & crashes and pillars everywhere. we restart anytime, but I have huge issues with the "New glitch and lag" 

My actual fear is that when aberation comes out more people will abandon legacy and our server will be marked for wipe on the next round

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Hakada said:

Uh there is a dino limit on legacy PvE  servers 

I think what @arrojado1200 meant was that all the PvE servers on the new cluster are for the most part tame caped which is not the case on legacy ones due to the constant decrease in population in the past weeks/months.

However, please, stay on topic. If you want to discuss about server being caped, do it over there:

On 25/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, ifixxed said:

It is far from dead. A number of legacy servers still have a large active population and still reach over 30 players at a time. Granted there are some servers that have little to no population or unique ips, however to make a statement as such in regards to all of legacy, is justifiably incorrect.

The same way a prisoner on death row is alive...

As I said, Legacy IS DEAD, it's just waiting on the official execution date.

Archived