Are you Satisfied with the Official Game?

RxBilly

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Nowtarfu said:

Anyone mind supplying the step by step guide book for developing a game through Early Access and doing a full release? Oh, yeah. There isn't one. Probably due to the vast differences in each games type and business plan. Hmmm, this is possibly why about 3 out of 4 games does not make it to full release. Also, things just happen. Take the case where the normal methods for bringing up servers is broken from a system failure causing every server to be brought online manually (this takes time). 

No project, regardless of how much planning has been done, ever goes with out issues; and not every person will be satisfied.   

But don't you find it convenient that the process of putting servers online was working without any major issue for two years (during EA) and then suddenly on launch day...it all went bust. 

I mean when SE released they put a good number of new servers online and it didn't go wrong. 

I don't wanna go into conspiracy theories, but I just find that excuse to be extremely convenient. 

4 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

How often does that happen with games though? Especially early access games that leave early access? Come to think of it, this is the first time I've ever seen content come out of early access and have a price DECREASE at launch.

It's kind of like buying a Game of the Year edition of a game but not getting all the content. Everyone expects lower prices in early access.

Maybe it goes the opposite direction for EA paid DLCs. I mean WC kind of did invent/perfect that whole process :D

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

The pricing doesn't help. If you own Scorched Earth it goes from $45 dollars US to $30 dollars US. Which means you're still effectively paying more if you already own Scorched Earth since Scorched Earth is $20 dollars US. Only a $5 dollar difference though but it means people would have saved money if they had waited.

The price is a reflective discount on the cost of the season pass, not the cost of the expansion. Simply put, you already own 1/3 of the expansions offered by the season pass, so purchasing it is 1/3 cheaper for you. If you wish to obtain the other expansions without making use of the season pass your option would be to buy those expansions individually which, using Scorched Earth's price as a template, would end up costing you $60 for all three expansions.

Is it worth the full 60$? Would you get the expansion pass?
It's not worth 60$. I have my own dedicated server where i play with my friends so i don't care about official servers. In my opinion now game is worth max 20$. I have fx8320 and r9 280x and i can play medium setting 1080p with resolution scale maxed. Compare this to witcher 3 where i have mixed ultra/high setting :(.

I was more satisfied with the game when it was in early access. I'm continuing as a Legacy PvE player so since launch I can hope for 0 support and the new cooldown on cross-ark transfers is effecting my enjoyment a lot more negatively than duping ever has.

Without continued support for any issues relating to future DLC and with the uncertainty of the server's future that I am playing on I have also decided I will not be making any more purchases relating to ARK so as such can not look forward to any new content.

In short 2 weeks ago I was happy with the game, now I am not.

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The price is a reflective discount on the cost of the season pass, not the cost of the expansion. Simply put, you already own 1/3 of the expansions offered by the season pass, so purchasing it is 1/3 cheaper for you. If you wish to obtain the other expansions without making use of the season pass your option would be to buy those expansions individually which, using Scorched Earth's price as a template, would end up costing you $60 for all three expansions.

I realize that. I saw the 33% discount. I was merely stating the facts. Those who bought SE are paying more than if they had waited.

While I absolutely adore the game beyond belief, it does have a few bugs and strange oddities that I do not expect from a fully released game, but it is no worse than something like Mass effect Andromeda or Fallout Las Vegas.

Would I have bought it at full price - Maybe later after all the bugs are gone and the game has been polished a bit more.

I am not buying the expansion pass thought, might buy the DLC but I wanted to support WC back when SC was announed, so I bought it back then.

I do wish the dinosaur AI was a bit better though: When you play singleplayer like I do, you rely on them 100% to survive, and it is such a bummer when you die because your bodyguard got stuck between a tree and a rock and is doing the running animation on a neverending loop and getting absolutely nowhere... or when you have to run for your life because your trusty dilo dont know how to walk AROUND a ledge or jumo up onto it rather than just... stopping for a bit to stare into the ground.
And then waiting patiently for someone to come get it.
Or eat it.
Whichever comes first.

And that is so painful because you really start caring for your dinos - swear to the gods, I almost cried for real when my beloved Dilo Deeraz died.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Yet are still paying less than if they were to buy each expansion separately.

Yes, they save even more money than they lost by buying the season pass instead of getting each one separately. Personally I don't see the point in getting each one individually when season passes exist beforehand. The only thing I can think of for an exception is if one doesn't want all expansions. Although they'd have to wait until they've all been released in order to confidently decide on that.

4 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

It's a raptor show, that's for sure; and Jen is behaving like a child throwing her toys to make matters worse. She's been getting nasty and passive aggressive with twitter followers and needs to be disciplined, demoted, or fired. 

Could you link those tweets, as apparently I've missed them.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, clumsynynja said:

I'm not your personal google. 

So in other words it's not true then. I've yet to find any of these "nasty and passive aggressive" tweets you speak of.

That said, I know that there's been a rash of Jen impersonators in the past. Are you sure you're following the right one?

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

So in other words it's not true then. I've yet to find any of these "nasty and passive aggressive" tweets you speak of.

That said, I know that there's been a rash of Jen impersonators in the past. Are you sure you're following the right one?

LOL 

Hate to burst your idolizing bubble. 

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

I don't see how that's "passive aggressive" instead of snark that's pointing out the obvious. 

Unprofessional, snarky, passive aggressive, uncalled for, generally not the way a community manager should EVER reply to a tweet.  She has also been liking many tweets calling anyone unhappy nasty names. 

Myself and quite a few others are in agreement that she is clearly unable to handle to role she has been asked to fill. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, clumsynynja said:

Unprofessional, snarky, passive aggressive, uncalled for, generally not the way a community manager should EVER reply to a tweet.  She has also been liking many tweets calling anyone unhappy nasty names. 

Myself and quite a few others are in agreement that she is clearly unable to handle to role she has been asked to fill. 

Pretty sure that the snark is well within her rights and role as a cm. I mean, if POTUS can get away with the same thing then why would a lesser station like a cm be held in a much higher regard?

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Pretty sure that the snark is well within her rights and role as a cm. I mean, if POTUS can get away with the same thing then why would a lesser station like a cm be held in a much higher regard?

Because they are directly dealing with your customers. That's customer service 101. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, BigRed1227 said:

Because they are directly dealing with your customers. That's customer service 101. 

Customer service 101 also orientates the employee to understand that the customer is not always right (I should know, I've only ever had to work in 4 separate retail jobs growing up and each orientation always tries to hammer that point across).

LOL..

They changed my topic from " Ummm.. what is going on with WC" to "Are you Satisfied with the Official Game?" but ok i guess i should answer this one.

In all honesty they actually adding servers slowly last night there was 26 pvp official servers and today there are 47 servers..  also from 6 pve server to 15 atm and they are not full but comes afternoon they all gonna be at 70/70 slots for many hours.

So not sure about the satisfaction of the game at the moment since I didnt see anything new with the Official game release except for the new dino "Otter" ( I run my own unofficial rented dedicated Ragnarok server) o yeah i did spawn in  the tek buggy and boy o boy that thing its horrible.. the wheels dont spin at all, its extra loud and when you park it for some reason it has a mind of its own like no breaks will take off on u and drown its self.  

To be honest i was impressed with the end game but thats ions and ions away for official servers based players. (like many moons from now) but i think the legacy servers player base should easy defeat the final boss since they have a lot of "acquired " extra gears .

Also i cant wait for the "The Mystery" to be revealed on Sep 1 .. ( I  truly hope its not another game crashing bug to deal with it )

6 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

She put up a link to a form to report any problems players may find with server name/type/map/game mode to facilitate getting those issues identified and fixed as quickly as possible.

Then when someone makes the accusation that a BUG REPORT FORM is somehow making the players do WC's job for them, she correctly pointed out that they could either focus on the deployment, or spend the time specifically looking for the issues players were ALREADY FINDING.  She pointed out the obvious, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Customer service 101 also orientates the employee to understand that the customer is not always right (I should know, I've only ever had to work in 4 separate retail jobs growing up and each orientation always tries to hammer that point across).

LOL honey, but fired 1-0-1 states that getting an attitude with a customer is NEVER acceptable.   Period. 

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

She put up a link to a form to report any problems players may find with server name/type/map/game mode to facilitate getting those issues identified and fixed as quickly as possible.

Then when someone makes the accusation that a BUG REPORT FORM is somehow making the players do WC's job for them, she correctly pointed out that they could either focus on the deployment, or spend the time specifically looking for the issues players were ALREADY FINDING.  She pointed out the obvious, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Clearly, you're as bad at PR as she is. There is a way to make that statement, and a way not to. 

This is how NOT to.  Also, that was clearly a joke based around being an EA player. If Jen took offense to it, then she needed to ignore it. THAT is the professional thing to do. If you MUST reply, you do NOT snark and act like a child being told to go to her room. 

Archived