MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

Just now, Carny said:

I don't plan to, WC are on my black list.

The sad part is they will be on many peoples - and its not the game, the game itself is fantastic. My tribe has had many days worth of gaming, fun stories, interesting tames, ludicrous scenarios, made a lot of friends and occasional enemies on the official servers we play on.

People dont respond well to being lied to, or told that the thousands of hours they have put in equates to nothing in the opinion of the very people who wrote the game.

The problem is if they told everyone all servers were being wiped PvE would have died in a week, legacy is just a slower death (but according to wc you should all definitely still buy the new DLC's)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trion and blizzard didn't screw up this badly, our servers went down at 9pm on the 28th for me now its 1:52am on the 30th. What the literal f is going on? Blizzard didn't screw up to the point their servers were down for 24+hrs when they released their expansions neither did en masse (Tera online), trion (archeage), nc soft(aion, gw2, L2, blade and soul). 

Wc you screw everything up, first it's no support to legacy, wiping servers you said you wouldn't (pvp, prim+). Now this, even the Xbox servers are up with.

20 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Why does everyone keep saying they only had 5 days to "migrate" when it was at least a month ago that I saw the server list that was gunna be taken down?

look at this tool, look at the date they release the list perhaps..maybe then you'll see why it was only 5 days. it "used" to be a week time, but hey surprise surprise the list got delayed

Your right my mistake entirely it honestly felt like a month ago I've seen that list lmao been mega busy

I agree entirely with what you say though that is a harsh deadline for us compared to how many times they miss deadlines they don't don't hold back when we can't meet a deadline though and try and help us because of there useless timekeeping

its amazing that none of the Mods haven't answered threads yet with any detailed explanation and no passed on apologies. its like they're sitting there and...well...not really responding to anything or concerns of the paying customer.

can we have some life from the mods, admin, devs etc please?

@Jat @Jen @GP 

any response other than nothing, this is now supposed to be an Official Forum and we're getting very little OFFICIAL response or updates

8 hours ago, Ulta said:

Just like you, I can say and recommend what I want. Go play on officials. No skin off my nose.

But I know better. I've played on both official and unofficial. You know which one I had a TON better experience with? That's right...unofficial. I could list the reasons but something tells me you'll just ignore them and stay in your own mindset.

Well two can play at that game. People act like they are 'trapped' to WC's vision of officials, and I will forever be that person who says 'hey there's other and better options out there instead of this terrible experience.' Unless of course you can tell me that your experience on officials have been glorious?

Nope...you won't...cause I've seen you hating on WC and everything they do in other threads regarding the treatment of officials. Again you play on what you want, but the best experience for me has always been on unofficial servers ran by great admins, and that will continue to be what I recommend. Keyword...RECOMMEND...not force...no one can force nothing on no one here on the internet.

Same 'risk' sure...I'm glad you said same and not 'official is flatout better...but to me, unofficial has and always will be better, from my experience. I kept looking for my dream server and had a blast all the way up to finding it (unlike most, I can deal with needing to restart on a new server/map/world). And with unofficials, if it's YOUR server, then you basically become your own 'WC' to it and can shape it to your dream experience. And if you find a server owned by a great admin, then it's basically an official server but with ACTUAL SUPPORT.

I could mention the LACK of support of Legacy...or the lack of in-game management on even the new servers...I can also mention how the community of players there is more often than not, a big cluster of players who go 'F U this is MY server' and kill you over and over or pillar you in depending on the game mode. Rarely does one ever find a nice server on official, unless you are willing to be the alpha's slave. So in MY experience...unofficial was better by leagues, and I'll recommend it over officials every day of the week.

Who the raptor wants to play a game that was obviously designed to be mutliplayer solo ? nobody its sad an boring an comes to an end pretty quick 

Dear devs,

How about you wipe the new servers (console by tonight 9-10pm GMT +1-2hours) for the unfair release. some people have been waiting all day long and been told 24+ hours after that only right now the console servers will be up, while most people here in Europe have to go to work and all the best spots will be taken by kids/people who don't have a job or calling in "sick". 

This is unfair and your launch failed hard.

Compensate us by doing this will give us all players an advantage to start at the same time like anyone else from 0.

You kept lying to us for the past 2 years and even when the game "launched" you kept lying to us.

You missed your dealine and you kept us on a leash by telling us the servers will be up this time but you kept delaying it over and over again. The way I see it you were playing with us and that I cannot take.

I might forgive you if you wipe the servers when everyone is back from work, if not, screw you.

Going to have to agree on this one, but at the same time I don't think it'll be fair to the players who have already played. They shouldn't be punished for having "no lives" or taking a vacation day to play.

I jumped on today before work to see if Xbox servers were up yet and every single server was 70/70. These new servers have been at max for how many hours? I'm going to try to get in to a server after work, but I'm going to assume that it's going to be impossible to get in for a while. I guess I really do have to wait until mid-September to play again.

12 minutes ago, Irk said:

Going to have to agree on this one, but at the same time I don't think it'll be fair to the players who have already played. They shouldn't be punished for having "no lives" or taking a vacation day to play.

I jumped on today before work to see if Xbox servers were up yet and every single server was 70/70. These new servers have been at max for how many hours? I'm going to try to get in to a server after work, but I'm going to assume that it's going to be impossible to get in for a while. I guess I really do have to wait until mid-September to play again.

I want to say something but I'm out of time I'm afraid, need to go to work now ;) See you guys tonight. hopefully the servers will be wiped... but probably not.

ok may not be a MMO but when I blue screen every time I try to check on a server I pay for out of my pocket then it is their fault for not testing their software before release. Many like to say they don't have to provide official servers well hate to break it to you that's how it was marketed to the public. Everyone knows that official servers are garbage at least the legacy are were... who knows since can't get on. So decided to rent my own server and blue screen now every time load screen for server list comes up and WC response.... Well not posted here that I can find cause they don't post updates on their forums, found a tweet from Jen saying it's a known issue now and working on it in the mean time no access to online play at all cause can't even change the filter. So yes ARK first day total failure on delivering a playable product nice introduction to the world.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, X111 said:

its amazing that none of the Mods haven't answered threads yet with any detailed explanation and no passed on apologies. its like they're sitting there and...well...not really responding to anything or concerns of the paying customer.

can we have some life from the mods, admin, devs etc please?

@Jat @Jen @GP 

any response other than nothing, this is now supposed to be an Official Forum and we're getting very little OFFICIAL response or updates

Mods have little involvement in what is going on outside of the actual forum. My apology would not mean much as I have nothing to apologise for and i'm not in a position to apologise on behalf of WC.

However, I appreciate the frustrations people are experiencing, but things will settle. I'm sure that everyone involved wishes the launch had gone smoother, but it didn't, and the thing that needs the focus right now is getting it sorted and sometimes this is the priority above everything else, even apologies.

1 hour ago, EternalUniverse said:

This is unfair.....I might forgive you if you wipe the servers when everyone is back from work, if not, screw you.

Ah...your solution of equality is to trade places with them.

U see, I voted for wiping the whole legacy network so we could get a brand new network of equal size..and I wouldn't have to deal with the poop i did on no tame, of spamming join for up to 2 hours when supply did not meet demand.

With your aproach ANYONE who buys the game after today may ask the devs to wipe a server for them, becaus it is unfair some people bought the game earlier than they did. 

I understand your frustration - I was frustrated when I joined a notame server just to realise all the metal spots are blocked already - but on long run there will be never end for such requests if they do it now. 

Also, it would be unfair to the people to undo their day of efforts as well...

Archived