platform saddles joke?

Avaraxius

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally do not understand why this change was needed for PvE. I am a pure PvE player.

Edit: Was this change added to PvE servers? Some posts seem to be posting info that implies that the platforms dont count towards tame limits, while others do count.

Please consider not having platform caps, nor platforms with structures counting as more than 1 dino on PvE servers. Would make many of my friends happy. Thank you.

Edit to add:

Ok, I just checked one of my tribe's tame count. We have one quetz with structures on it, and very few dinos otherwise. Our tame count (seen when looking at my character's stats) is 11. This is on a PvE server (PC). Looks like this thing counting 19 dinos doesn't apply (NA-PVE-Ragnarok14). Anyone in PvP able to show if the dino count did go up for their tribe? Just curious.

16 hours ago, powerstuck said:

I was asking the question because the day before patch I tamed two sheeps which put us at 402/500 tamed dinos.

When the patch went live, we already had 3 brontos with platforms (and a bed on each of them) and 3 Q with built on platforms (one is a transport Q with ramps, one is a primemeat farmer with fridge/generator/grill on it and one is a Q catcher). 

Our dino count stayed at 402/500. 

I've also put a platform saddle on another Q, dino count stayed 402. Built on that newly place platform, dino count stayed at 402. Even tested with an ally to claim/unclaim a dino (thinking it might need a ''reset'' of the internal counter). Dino count stayed at 402. 

So ya...not sure it's fully implemented/working as intended. 

Dino count adjusts after a server restat.

I'm tired of this game. Game is supposed to be released in 11 days, and they still add/change/remove mechanics and rules instead of realy working on optimisation (even if the last patch was not bad regarding to this, but there s still a huge amount of bugs...)

Its a lot of work to stay in the max tamed dinos count, and for sure we will not transfer again 50 dinos in another server to be able to use 3 plateform saddle with structures....

Lets say this game was not bad, on offical I mean, until this year....

15 hours ago, lilpanda said:

What server numbers are you guys seeing the server tame limit being capped due to this change?

The Center, 592.

Note, I'm not saying that this is DEFINITELY the cause. I just know that before the patch people were able to tame, and after they were not. And also that I killed an already tamed dino to free up a slot, and it still wouldn't let me tame the wolf I'd found.

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

Well server was restarted when the patch applied.

I also see my dino count adjusted after I tame/claim/kill/unclaim a dino. 

So...not sure what adjusts after a restart.

Yes not sure.

And same here, I've put a new platform saddle on a quetz, with a foundation and 4 walls snaped to it.

This change nothing on the tamed dinos count.

On 8/16/2017 at 9:12 AM, Aldor said:

I'm all for a tribe tame limit if we didn't have the ridiculous need for egg farms, backup dinos, transport quetzals, etc. All which could be easily fixed with a bit of common sense.

Seriously, there are approximately 96 tameable dinos, assuming everyone wants a breeding pair of everything that is 192 tames, that means you can only breed 8 more. Not to mention for the most part to get imprinting eggs for kibble at a decent rate that means you need 2 females to each male for most of them and some of them even more. Why on earth would you put things out into a game where people have to choose what they can and cant have? Ive already hit tame cap on my main tribe, I am at 170 on my sister tribe. Do I have to start yet another account just to keep taming and breeding what you keep putting out to maintain our bases/egg supply, enjoy the breeding portion of the game and defend against the hordes of dinos that mega tribes bring in.

And yet another problem is dino death. Anglers are a good example, I have 6 of them. 1 male and 3 fem that never leave the base for breeding purposes and 2 for pearls. So if one dies I dont have to wait 2 days to have another raised and any day it is possible that someone may wipe them all out by raiding me. 

And boss fights. In order to succeed in these stupid things you need 10-20 rexs, plus maybe a yuti or two or a daeodon or two. Do you think we are just going to go do a boss fight and let everything die then go back and raise some more? No we are going to keep 40 or more rexs on hand plus 5 of the others so as soon as we are done with one fight we dont have to start breeding again right away.

And this genius move.... The giant bee. WTH was the thought process on that? Lets give them snails which they need 10 of in order to keep making things, and then require a new tame in order to make the food for them. No one wanted bees before it was required for food for our snails. 

And if you are not going to up the tame limit how about at least give us more options for our alliances so my sister tribe and I can feed each others dinos so switching accounts constantly is no longer neccesary.  Or anything that might make it easier for us to have the tames we want and need.

You're killin me smalls.

30 minutes ago, DinoMinions said:

Why on earth would you put things out into a game where people have to choose what they can and cant have?

I'm sorry, what? 

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a game where to you have to make some kind of choice as to what you can have simultaneously.  If I carry this weapon, I don't have the strength to carry that one too.  If I buy this vehicle now, I won't be able to buy this other one right now as well.  If I choose this character class I won't be able to do this other thing at the same time.

I don't find a thing wrong with the need to make choices as to what tames you keep simultaneously.  You'll have to make choices... choices that will likely change over time depending on your circumstances and need.   At that point you decide what needs to be culled (or sold) and what needs to stay.  Much like ranchers need to do today.

Choices matter, and choices that matter are an important part of this (and most other) game(s)... at least the games that are worth playing.

30 minutes ago, DinoMinions said:

No one wanted bees before it was required for food for our snails. 

You don't have to raise bee's to get plenty of honey.

1 hour ago, DinoMinions said:

Or anything that might make it easier for us to have the tames we want and need.

Yes, you will now need to exercise caution on how many dinos you have because there is a limit. Yes. It will be harder because you and every other hoarder can't tame infinite dinos and destroy the server performance in the name of short-term convenience. 

2 hours ago, DinoMinions said:

Seriously, there are approximately 96 tameable dinos, assuming everyone wants a breeding pair of everything that is 192 tames, that means you can only breed 8 more. Not to mention for the most part to get imprinting eggs for kibble at a decent rate that means you need 2 females to each male for most of them and some of them even more. Why on earth would you put things out into a game where people have to choose what they can and cant have? Ive already hit tame cap on my main tribe, I am at 170 on my sister tribe. Do I have to start yet another account just to keep taming and breeding what you keep putting out to maintain our bases/egg supply, enjoy the breeding portion of the game and defend against the hordes of dinos that mega tribes bring in.

Big fat yet simple answer YES, Y-E-S ! ! !

Devs want another 60$ out of your pocket, otherwise, they already have your money and don't care about you.

Sure the hell hope they are only doing this crap for PC.

While everyone on PC enjoys a tame cap of 500, I think. We on XBOX are limited to 200 tames.

Yeah that's right 200. So with 3 platforms on  Quetz, one or two on Bronto's, Two on our Mossa's and one on a Nessy. I  now can tame an additional whopping 67 Dinos?

Sure the hell hope I never want to tame a Rock Golem with a paracuar Platform saddle, then it would only be 48 additional dinos? How the hell am I supposed to fight bosses? much less tame others for kibble?

There is a [][][][] tribe on my pve server that uses rafts and platform brontos to block and metal that they cannot put foundations on. This is a good change and I support it.

This change will not effect many solo players, only the huge mega tribes.  I personally run a huge egg farm so tame limit is a thing, but limits on platform saddles is only a good thing.

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

All I'm saying is that you either need to do a quick side count or ask your tribemates if they were raised in a barn, because every Quetzel I've had since 2016 agrees with how many sides it takes to make an enclosed box. :-P

I need to do a side count?... After just clearly explaining to you what a box is, you still dont understand... It doesnt matter if you put dinos in a box, they glitch out all the time anyways, lately i dont even open the door when i tell a quetzal to follow me for a metal run or trading, i just whistle and start flying or walking towards my destination... After a few seconds of leaving render distance, poof there it is catching up to me... So ill side count after "ceilings" start working. Please wildcard fix how structures should work or fix dinos properly so they cant just suddenly fly away.

This 19 per platform is the worst idea, just limit how many platform saddle you can have in a tribe....

Since 2015 ( if were going there) all my quetzals have had this bug...

6 minutes ago, brenon45 said:

I need to do a side count?... After just clearly explaining to you what a box is, you still dont understand... It doesnt matter if you put dinos in a box, they glitch out all the time anyways, lately i dont even open the door when i tell a quetzal to follow me for a metal run or trading, i just whistle and start flying or walking towards my destination... After a few seconds of leaving render distance, poof there it is catching up to me... So ill side count after "ceilings" start working. Please wildcard fix how structures should work or fix dinos properly so they cant just suddenly fly away.

This 19 per platform is the worst idea, just limit how many platform saddle you can have in a tribe....

Since 2015 ( if were going there) all my quetzals have had this bug...

Well, then it seems like we're having two vastly different experiences in the game. I spent a month or two breeding a hundred or so quetzels on one unofficial server and never had a single one fly out unless they were on neutral and the roof was open. I mean, it happened back in 2015 when I was playing on Valhalla, but haven't seen it since.

I'm pretty Peed off about this. WHY? What's the point? This does not improve server lag at all. Players will always find ways to obtain more dinosaurs. Players already use other servers for dino storage. Anyone who owns a Bronto, Quetz, Paracer, Pleis, and/or Mosa has a platform saddle. This makes it easier to hit the tame cap and encourage players to store dinos on other servers and hitting cap on those servers as well. WC is already asking players to migrate to other servers to repurpose low pop servers. Migrators will be bringing their dinosaurs too, with platform saddles....

Think about how many players and tribes will be on a single server after migrating and how many platform saddles those are. I feel awful for large tribes, mass breeders, and color mutation collectors.

My spring cleaning feels like it has made no difference in my tame count anymore.

Archived