Mindwipe tonic can now only be applied once per level up.

Sphere

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PipsqueakFritz said:

IMO you should be able to mindwipe at least once every month if you achieved level 100, to prevent people wasting their character on something they might not want/need anymore.

Like me, who accidentally unlocked Iguanadon saddle because of the FPS stutter, and I CAN'T REMOVE IT. This was LITERALLY the dumbest change, knowing people can't unlock every engram. Unless something is changed to how many Engram points each survivor has (Like making it so every survivor can unlock all engrams) Mindwipes ARE NECCESARY.

1 hour ago, Crazed said:

Like me, who accidentally unlocked Iguanadon saddle because of the FPS stutter, and I CAN'T REMOVE IT. This was LITERALLY the dumbest change, knowing people can't unlock every engram. Unless something is changed to how many Engram points each survivor has (Like making it so every survivor can unlock all engrams) Mindwipes ARE NECCESARY.

Pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to unlock every Engram in the game by design.  Like most other good survival games, your choices in character development matter.  Well, if having over 100 redo's at your disposal can be considered "mattering".

I also noticed that for single player this is now an option that can be deselected, which is actually a good idea for single player where you do not have a tribe to fill in the gaps.

2 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to unlock every Engram in the game by design.  Like most other good survival games, your choices in character development matter.  Well, if having over 100 redo's at your disposal can be considered "mattering".

You're not supposed too, and that's exactly why the mindwipe tonic is a neccessity, i don't even care about the ability to redistribute my statistics, i just want my engram points back and the ability to redistribute them, right now being level 100 isn't a benefit. I'm not on an Island server so Ascending isn't really a viable option for me.

1 minute ago, Crazed said:

You're not supposed too, and that's exactly why the mindwipe tonic is a neccessity, i don't even care about the ability to redistribute my statistics, i just want my engram points back and the ability to redistribute them, right now being level 100 isn't a benefit. I'm not on an Island server so Ascending isn't really a viable option for me.

Think carefully about what you just said. 

You admit you are not supposed to be able to know all of the engrams at one time, and yet unlimited ability to use mindwipe grants you that exact ability.  You can literally get and use any engram in the game at a moments notice, as often as you like, if mindwipes are unlimited.  Or to put it another way, unlimited mindwipes defacto grant you instant access to all engrams all the time, which you recognize is not something that is supposed to happen.

It's as simple as that.

On 6/22/2017 at 5:30 AM, GP said:

Yeah I get the feeling it's a "use it or lose it" situation per level.

once again you dev's dont understand the game you are making!!!!!!! If you are going to make it one mind-wipe a level you are going to kill End game listen to your community. when you change the game and the community write a lot of post about it you need to fix it dont defended it or justify it listen and maybe you will have a better game we are the ones playing it. 

I just hope they (devs) realize that every time they had a new engram to the game they have to reset everyone's stats. This will be the only way this will work. If I play on official sever and only me in my tribe I will have used all my engram point by the time I'm lvl 100. So if new item comes out then I want be able to learn it. A reset every time a new engram comes out is a must

If devs don't want us to respec crafting skill(which is stupid design btw ) that's ok. Just make mindwipe only engrams or better yet, just remove engram points all together and unlock engrams on lvlup. That way everyone will be happy.  Dev will have their "stat freeze" and player will have access to all engrams. And Mindwipe will work "as intendent".

I don't say it's what i want, but at least everyone will be happy.

So isn't this mindwipe tonic change kind of pointless considering you can just have alt characters? Alls this has done, is punished and increased the grind for end game people. A level 20 or 30 can wipe all they want, and change what weapons they make multiple times a day, but a level 100 is stuck with that extra 20 points in water forever, ahaha.

This is literally stupid this means that if you dont use a mind wipe every single time that you level up you will eventually lose the ability to do it at all and it either makes you have to use ita lot more or a lot less and its not really a balanced idea it is really dumb and not well thought out on devs behalf especially for players who are 100 and have never used one or on boosted severs where it is easy to level up

13 hours ago, Smurfin said:

Why not make it like once per day for ppl below 70, and once per 2 days for lv 70-80 and 3 days for lv 80-100. That should give a long enough cooldown for high lvl ppl.

I would love to get something back as well. There was supposed to be some sort of a flyer buff after they destroyed flyers. I dont remember where I saw it so i can't prove it. 

The point im really trying to make is that, i seriously doubt we are going to get anything back. 

Honestly I don't know if it's the Devs ideas or if they have another team that comes up with the ideas and the Devs implemented them. 

Either way they all take a vote internally before launch. 

A player poll would be better, or could be double sided like with anything else. 

If I had a better PC i would play there without the nerfs, because mods, and because i can. 

• Administrator

As of now the team do like where the mindwipe sits in the game, however, that's not to say that we won't change on our minds (heh) on that, as seen previously with Eels. Keep providing feedback and we'll take it into account. I just wanted to provide an update so you knew where we stand as of now.

1 minute ago, Jat said:

As of now the team do like where the mindwipe sits in the game, however, that's not to say that we won't change on our minds (heh) on that, as seen previously with Eels. Keep providing feedback and we'll take it into account. I just wanted to provide an update so you knew where we stand as of now.

I vote for mindwipe. because it's too late to have a separate set of stats points programmed for crafting and whatnots :3

A cool down would be best in my opinion. For small time tribes like mine, we only have 3. it makes it difficult for us. I would like to be able to run away from a dino if i fall off a mount. I dont know if i speak for anyone else, but for example, since i am the builder, all my stats go into weight. Scorched needs adobe to be survivable , and its impossible to make it on a large scale in our small tribe. I cant play on scorched anymore because of the mindwipe. I used to switch between scorched and normal Ark on a weekly basis, but now im forced to stay on the island because its where our operations happen.

I mindwiped at lvl 100 and didn't know about the change now my character with the boss fights and imprinted dinos has no weight no health just a tonne of crafting speed and this game is stuffed for me because of a little mistake I made, aren't games supposed to be fun, and a little mistake from a player that doesn't bother reading 10 pages of patch notes shouldn't destroy the fun I have playing the game, at least let me mindwipe one more time at lvl 100 for ppl who didn't get the memo, PLZ!, PLEASE!

What's the real reason behind this though, if the decision for limiting reset using mindwipe tonic is to promote recruitment for a tribe because clearly one person cannot master all engrams thus will need other ppl then imo it just won't work. The tribe system is the one that needs to be changed for that.

If it's because ppl use it for custom recipe cooking with pumped Crafting Skill attribute, then the cooking system or crafting skill are the ones that need to be changed.

So back to the question, what exactly is the real reason ?? what if the person didn't know about this change and made a mistake, starting over ? I really can't understand this decision, how come "the team do like where the mindwipe sits in the game" ? what is there to like especially for the players ? 

It's like a statement I read somewhere saying this game is actually about the players vs the devs is true. Too easy raising a wyvern ? The devs made it more difficult with the food consumption, but now already fixed back to previous. Too easy farming resources with quetz ? stamina consumed food, also fixed back to normal. Too easy respec-ing the character ? limiting mindwipe. >_<

Archived