Boss Fights Via Supply Drop?

CorgiSaurus

Does anyone regularly use the supply drops to access boss fights? Mainly curious about where it spawns your character and dinos back in at once the fight is over (assuming the supply drop has despawned while you are fighting boss) or if anyone has had issues with this method. Almost ready to start farming element so if I can avoid hauling all of our rexes to an Obelisk each time, I'd like to. 

I've used a supply drop for a boss fight, it dropped us back out where we went in at. The drop was probably gone, don't remember for sure though. But I do remember we came back out right were we went in, both times.

If you're uneasy about it, test it on single player or a dedicated you can get admin to spawn stuff in on.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every time we've used a supply drop something bad happens.  The majority of us may dashboard on entry, causing those people to insta-die and lose all their gear... There isn't even a bag in the arena.  Other times we've all gotten in but no dinos... Most times it ends up being 2 or 3 out of 7-10 people that get in with all the dinos and everything dies.

Never had this issue using an obelisk or the Rockwell Terminal down in the red on ab.

If you succeed from a supply drop, you spawn back where you grabbed the supply drop (exception would be Rockwell, you spawn back at a bed after that kill, so put a sleeping bag down before!)

11 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

we do all our bossfights via the drop on herbivore. we did loose a rex and sometimes one person not getting ported in but it is extremely rare.

and we always come back normally at the point where the drop was.

Ive also done a dozen or so bossfights from a drop location on the eastcoast between swamp and mntn on the island.. Had a couple sloths not make it into the arena cause of not being lined up close enough.. Otherwise no issues of random bugs or crashes for me

doing boss fights via supply drop are for a location closer to your base (since transmitters don't summon bosses /facepalm)

Also if your obi is completely blocked by dinos and you are unable to use it, supply drops are your only option.

When the fight is over (assuming you kill the boss and survive) you and your dinos are teleported out at the same drop location you initiated the boss at. The drop can be long gone it does not matter.

We have a supply drop comes down next to our base and always use this for boss fights, usually one a day maybe 2 on a Saturday and Sunday. We leave our rexes and yuti close by and just whistle them in when the drop is coming down. By the time it lands we usually have them organised and tributes all ready. Never had any issues doing boss runs from the drop.

Archived